It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Playoffs 05

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Ah, but will Miami be too well rested, and rusty?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Shaq could obviously use as much time as he could get and Wade seemed pretty winded at the end of the past few games, he plays alot of minutes. Zo could definitely use the rest as well. That Pacers-Pistons series could very easily go 7 games and whoever ends up winning will most likely be physically and mentally fatigued, which could only help a rested Heat team with a more healthy ShaqDaddy.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I believe that the Pistons-Pacers series will go into seven and then the winner of that series will go to the Championship. DOn't ask me why I say that but that is my humble opinion.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I missed tonights game (yardwork..
), but it looks liuke the Pistons took it to the Pacers -

Indiana coach Rick Carlisle used all four of his second-half timeouts in the third quarter, trying to slow down the Detroit Pistons.

It didn't work.

CBS story

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looking forward to a great Game 5 tonight in the Suns-Mavs series. I think the Suns will win tonight at home and the Mavs should take game 6 in Big D setting up an awesome Game 7 in Phoenix.

Is tomorrow night going to be Reggie Miller's last game?

I think the Pacers will find a way to win and send it to seven, but I think the Pistons will advance to play the Heat. I think the Indiana players will dig deep to help make sure that Reggie doesn't end it on his home court but I just dont think they have enough in the tank to beat a tough Pistons team two games in a row.

The Spurs seem to be playing pretty well and I think they'll end the Sonics season tomorrow night. They still might be without Rashard Lewis, that certainly hurts Seattle's chances.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, the Suns'Mavs should go to 7, as well as the Pacers/Pistons. San Antonio will finish theseries with the sonics in short order. I see the Mavs and Pacers going on to the championship games.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You think Indiana can beat Detroit twice to advance??

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh, you bet I do. I'm positive that they can do it. Not quite as positve that they will.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Great game 5 so far in this Suns-Mavs series.

Phoenix leads by 6 with 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. It's going to be tough for Dallas to win this one here in Phoenix but it looks to be a great ending.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Phoenix will win in 6. That is that!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by travy51
Phoenix will win in 6. That is that!

Good prediction. I missed most of last night's game, somebody fell asleep watching it...

I heard that Nowitzki got frustrated a lot in the game. Too bad, I thought that Dallas might actually have a good shot this year. It appears that I was wrong.

And now the conference championship series are set, with San Antonio going to Pheonix on Sunday, and Detroit traveling to Miami Monday Evening.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Dirk was pretty bad, espcially at the end. Near the end of regulation, you could see Dirk giving teammate Jason Terry an earful, only for him to go 0 for 5 in the overtime. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror, he didnt display very good leadership. Like the announcers were saying, every time you saw Nash he was patting his players on the back and encouraging them while Nowitzki was yelling at them and complaining. What a huge 3-pointer by Nash with 5 seconds left to send the game into overtime, he has been absolutely unbelievable the past few games and has dismissed any possible doubts of why he was the MVP of this NBA season.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's that game-tying three pointer by Nash, notice the weak defense by Jason Terry who looks like he turned an ankle trying to stick with Nash.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wonder if that acting is a result of his German upbringing?

[Edited on 5/21/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They just said it doesn't look like Joe Johnson will be ready to return to play tomorrow in Game 1 of the Suns-Spurs series.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
so what are everyone's predictions for these series? I'm going with San Antonio in 6 games, and Miami in 6.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
so what are everyone's predictions for these series?

I'll say the Suns in 7 and the Heat in 7.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm thinking that the Suns are gonna be too worn out after the Dallas series to win this. And I'm counting on Duncan to be healthy. If neither of these assumptions hold true, look for the Suns to make it out of the west.

As for the East, I'm afraid that pick might be wrong, too. After all, the Pistons are just the defending champions...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great game 1 today, the Spurs proved to be too much for the Suns, winnng 121-114. ABC had a stat up saying that 90% of the teams winning game 1 of a championship series have gone on to win the series in the past 15 years.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Shaquille O'Neal's availability for the start of the Eastern Conference finals was shrouded in mystery Saturday, his bruised right thigh still a source of concern.

The Detroit Pistons aren't necessarily believing the story, however.

O'Neal practiced with the Miami Heat on Saturday, participating in some 5-on-5, full-contact, full-court basketball for the first time in 11 days. He was held out of some later portions of the workout, a move designed so that he wouldn't overtax the sore muscle that has bothered him for five weeks.

source

FOX Sports

I get the feeling that he actually is hurting, though. I guess we'll have a much better idea tomorrow night.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Detroit takes game 1.

They really shut down Dwayne Wade, I think that was a wake-up call to Miami who has been coasting through the playoffs up to this point. Look for them to rebound and play strong in game 2, they dont want to head to Detroit down 2 games to none.

Tuesday night - Game 2 - Spurs @ Suns

It was announced that Joe Johnson will not be ready to play in game 2 of the series. I also expect the Suns to bounce back and have a big game.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join