It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Bullet not possible!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Most Wanted? In it the sniper uses an ice bullet to not leave any evidence behind.

Also did anyone see MythBusters last night? They proved the ice bullet impossible, because of the high heat contained within and around the gun. The gun that left the least evidence was some sort of umbrella gun.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My gawd ... Did mythbuster's really need to allocate sum time just to prove an ice bullet isn't possible. Are there really THAT many retard's in this world ... That's just a stupid waste of airtime

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I find the discussion of violence, war and the like as primitive, unevolved and the obvious self-empowerment a one attempts to enjoy by sharing fear-based garbage like that. Sorry sniper talkers but there must be a little too much need in you for hairless-monkey talk like that! Who but a feeble and weak being believes that their life holds any value over another's by general majority? A killing-minded person has a definate disadvantage in personal growth and development, for that is just so animal mentality. This site is for intellectual and personal vision I thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer.......This site is for intellectual and personal vision I thought.

This is in the weaponry forum. It is to be expected here.

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Lucifer: So dont come to the weaponry forum then?

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Kano]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I saw myth busters yesterday. It was pretty cool. I always thought it would not work. The ice would either melt or crumble.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I dont think ice have a matter/air resistance rate enought hight to get fires by a weapon...

But ice bullet...great idea ! I'll think about it...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
I find the discussion of violence, war and the like as primitive, unevolved and the obvious self-empowerment a one attempts to enjoy by sharing fear-based garbage like that. Sorry sniper talkers but there must be a little too much need in you for hairless-monkey talk like that! Who but a feeble and weak being believes that their life holds any value over another's by general majority? A killing-minded person has a definate disadvantage in personal growth and development, for that is just so animal mentality. This site is for intellectual and personal vision I thought.

Well then,

Don't go to the weaponry forum. For that matter, don't go to the political forums, oh and never mind the conspiracy forums either. Guess that just leaves chit-chat.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well the ice bullet was first introduced in the movies. People thought it was real.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That's what I thought when I saw this thread, the bullets would melt from the heat created by the gun and the air resistance. Actually, I never heard of these ice bullets before, but interesting concept.

A better bullet would be a hollow metal or wood bullet. They were used in WW2 and were banned. They shatter into splinters on impact so it's nearly imposible to tell what gun they were fired from, and the splinters made the wounds difficult to treat. Wood especially was vicious because they wound't show up on x-rays.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, what was the reason that an ice bullet would be impossible?

Was it to do with the heat of the discharge or more to do with the ability of the bullet to withstand the pressure?

Because I would have thought it would almost certainly be possible to make a working ice gun of some sort at least. Massively impractical (eg supercooled ice, and a gun designed to fire this specifically). But still possible?

Or does it just mean not possible under normal circumstances? ie ice from your freezer and an unmodified gun etc?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well they tried the "ice bullet" three different ways. Just plain straight frozen water in liquid nitrogen to cast the mold of a bullet in to a rim fire shell. The bullet lobbed out only nicking the ballistics gel dummy failing to penatrait.

Then the other two methods was a frozen gel slug and a frozen ground beef slug. The frozen gel slug penatraited, but not like a real metal slug would. Then the frozen meat slug that did penatrait, but not as desired. So they moved in to the umbrella airgun idea that eventually worked.

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I wonder if they could use a different substance besides water for the ice bullet?...maybe some kind of gel or something that can stay frozen at high temperature for a few moments longer than plain water..

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
they[The Myth Busters] did try.... gel(can't remember which exactly) and ground beef.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
they really tried ground beef bullets?? lol

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah, but it shattered on impact, and didn't really do anything. They also used regular gelatin, but it just kinda went in about 1/8 of an inch.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well if the gel bullets did penetrate they could possible use some kind of potent poison that would kill within minutes....untraceable too..just a thought

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That's what they did in assasination attempts in the early 1900's. The umbrella gun had a bb that had a potent poison, and would leave no mark.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
what if they uses gasses to fire and cool a liqued. you've got those high pressure cleanig devices. if using high bar device to shoot a small amount of liquit through higly cooled barrel. the chamber is under a high bar and a vail will open for a fraction the liquit goes through the opening cools of because of the gascooled barrel and a is spice goes out of the barrel.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If you wrapped the ice in an insulated wrapper maybe it would cut down on the friction of the barrel with the ice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join