It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Bullet not possible!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Umbrella gun actually wasn't a gun, more of a syringe. The tip was jabbed into the target's leg (just a nick, nothing that an 'I'm sorry' wouldn't have fixed) and a small pellet of iridium and platinum inserted beneath the skin. the combination of low-level rad sickness and heavy metal poisoning actually caused the brain to cook. Very interesting.

De

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No, it was a small metal ball filled with a posion I forget what type.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It was a ball or iridium (both radioactive and posionous) and platinum, about 1.7 mm in diameter.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
It was a ball or iridium (both radioactive and posionous) and platinum, about 1.7 mm in diameter.

The small metal ball used the poison ricin, highly potent and at the time it was used nearly impossible to detect. The KGB made great use of the umbrella trick and probably assassinated more than we would like to admit using this method.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, the easiest thing to do would be to just stab someone with a really good icicle, hehe....

No evidence, no prints, and if not found real soon, would put off the time of death about two hours...

Of course any real assassin wirth his salt knows that the best assassinations are ones that look like suicides or accidents.

With a gun, of course, you're usually opting for suicide...so there's another option with ice...

First, you capture the victim and drug them up with some fairly untracable muscle relaxers (they do exist) or sedatives...(if need be, you can even match some trace elements to food served as a "last meal"
). Then, you have a carved pedestal made of dry ice (to hold the gun at a believable angle), as well as a piece of dry ice between the hammer of a revolver... You can go somewhere, have an alibi, and then let the dry ice melt (leaves no water), gun goes off, kills victim in chair (after forcing victim to previously fire gun of course, after the relaxants, and in another location...this will give the proper powder burns, etc. and fingerprints), and rest of ice melts into vapor... Looks like the victim shot himself...
Especially well if a note is added, but that could be tricky....

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
how can it not be possible, think outside the box people.

What if it was projectited out of a chamber by air pressure? i mean, look at a nail gun.

or by a spring of some kind?
maybe even include magnets.

i feel it could be possible, ya just gotta run down all the options.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

What if it was projectited out of a chamber by air pressure? i mean, look at a nail gun.

Good thoughts

I wonder if it would be possible if you use that blue stuff in those ice packs for your cooler? They seem to freeze harder and last alot longer. I doubt it buts its a thought

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I believe it's possible, even if it isn�t probable. The thing that bothered me on that episode of myth busters was that they spent little time on the actual ice bullet itself. Instead they quickly went through the ice bullet and went on to gel bullets and meat bullets. Usually they spend MUCH more time debunking myths but just because the ice bullet broke when they pulled apart the metal mold, they said it wasn't possible to make an ice bullet functional.... That in itself was fairly odd.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe they were purposely debunking the myth so that anybody watching who would be especially interested would maybe get discouraged.

They wouldn't do a show like that and say "Hey, we just proved the perfect assasination method. Tune in next time.".

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackopsychopants
Maybe they were purposely debunking the myth so that anybody watching who would be especially interested would maybe get discouraged.

They wouldn't do a show like that and say "Hey, we just proved the perfect assasination method. Tune in next time.".

Nods, that is the only thing I can think of. To be fair though I have seen some pretty amazing things said on television. Two days ago on Fox News they were talking about these criminals that made 200k dollars scamming home depot(I believe it was Home Depot). They explained it IN DETAIL how the criminals did it LOL!

They bought very expensive carpets at low prices (sub $100.00) by using barcodes from less expensive carpets. They would then bring back the carpets at a later date and make thousands of dollars in store credit. They then would use store credit to buy various wares and sell it online. NETWORK TV, TEACH ME TO BE A CRIMINAL! WOOT!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sometimes people are just too stupid.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think that these are..

Dont know the techs.. but surely have been hearing many rumors..

But anyways.. why bother as your 'standard explosive bullet' makes the same job..

Kills, and leaves no trace from the weapon used.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Who uses 'standard explosive bullets'?

Who are they standard to?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackopsychopants
Who uses 'standard explosive bullets'?

Who are they standard to?

Security forces use these against domestic terrorists.. in Russia at least.. in UK SAS also..

Germans and Russian also used these in ww2..

Germans just used the name of 'observation round' from these..

Supposedly used the as 'Tracers' that should show where is the MG fire is hitting.. but infact they used them to kill Russians..

And that is/was criminal because eplosive bullet are out-lawed in war..

But Russians did the same.. Used these on Rifles and in tank MGs at least..

Against infantry..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Doesn't matter what you use for propellant, the problem is friction. When the bullet leaves the barrel of the gun at a supersonic speed, the resistance from the air creates a tremendous amounmt of heat, thereby rendering the ice bullet ineffective.

Basic physics, folks. Anyone got anything to refute this?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The priciple of insulation
Hot out side still cold inside if you could produce a meltable short insulated cover the ice bullet would then be intact to do the damage

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
air pressure to fire the ice bullet wouldnt work either, when you compress the air, it becomes hot! VERY Hot! the air going through the compressor of a jet engine only raises by around 11 PSI but the temp goes up to about 400 degrees Celcius! 4 times the boiling point of water! i doubt you could insulate it well enough in anything, and if you did, it wouldnt engage the rifling of the barrel, and would be woefully inacurate!

im convinced any attempt to pressurise behind the projectile to eject it at any great speed, enough to penetrate a human being would shatter the ice in the barrel anyway

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My question would be, what if the ice shard was wrapped in a sabbot, wouldn't this stop the ice from melting long enough to be shot?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
what would be the point in an ice bullet anyway? how wud it be kept cold in the magazine? what use would it be on a battlefield, some bullets can pass thru wood and thin metal where as an ice bullet wud break on impact

sounds useless to me

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This subject requires some intellect from someone with a vast knowledge of chemistry and weapons designs. Now correct me if i am wrong but doesnt ordinary tap water or bottled water contain some inpurities like sediment and other chemical compounds. Also so traces of oxygen. The only water that i have seen that would actually freeze without expanding is distilled water in a vacum under strict controlled conditions. Theoretically isnt it possible to alter the chemical compisition of Water to create a projectile like that of a bullet or similar. Also in recent research i have become farmiliar with different types of weapons and the way that they are discharged. With some type of high compression velocity weapon with the combination of liquid nitrogen or similar. With the two components isnt it possible! If indeed it wasnt possible why would the CIA (ha) disacknoledge or deny the requests of two individuals (MYTHBUSTERS) to any intellegence of such said weaponry. I would like the input from a chemists on these very broad ideas of mine!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join