It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army officer confesses torturing prisoner

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i think beating,threating to kill, and firing shots at close range would be considered torture...what do you discribe this as??

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
These men will kill their own and will kill him if they had the chance.

i think that this is a baseless generalization..

Explain to me how that is baseless. It is war. I am curious how that is baseless.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
these men will kill there own if they got the chance??? baseless ,yes i would say so..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

i think beating,threating to kill, and firing shots at close range would be considered torture...what do you discribe this as??

I describe this as beating, threatening to kill, and firing shots at close range.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
describe this as beating, threatening to kill, and firing shots at close range.

ya aka torture

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

these men will kill there own if they got the chance??? baseless ,yes i would say so..

Like I said, please explain.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
War is a no holds barred fight to the finish - don't tell a guy fighting for his life in a street fight not to gouge eyes or choke his adversary - likewise if discharging a firearm near the head of an enemy combatant and scaring the proverbial # out of him enables extraction of pertinent information then so be it...

I would expect similar treatment if not worse from the other side...

intelgurl
(taking the unpopular side on this issue)

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

describe this as beating, threatening to kill, and firing shots at close range.

ya aka torture

Or maybe, AKA, life.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
torture

Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.
Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.
Something causing severe pain or anguish.

yep i would think this would be a case of torture

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
War is a no holds barred fight to the finish - don't tell a guy fighting for his life in a street fight not to gouge eyes or choke his adversary - likewise if discharging a firearm near the head of an enemy combatant and scaring the proverbial # out of him enables extraction of pertinent information then so be it...

I would expect similar treatment if not worse from the other side...

intelgurl
(taking the unpopular side on this issue)

Thank you intelgurl. That was an intelligent look at the situation.

They have to do whatever it takes.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its especially wrong for this to happen as this U.S. soldier isn't even part of a justifiable invasion. This soldier should not have even had the opportunity to allow this to happen since everything regarding Iraq has been completely baseless. Our soldiers should be within the boundaries of the United States preparing for actual wartime situations, not this crap.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
POSTED BY SeaPeople "If you want to elimiate war, there is a way.

Eliminate religion. "

You are only gonna get part way there. You also need to eliminate, greed, avarice, inequality,jealousy, and I am sure there are more that I cannot think of right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
War is a no holds barred fight to the finish

we are not even supposed to be at "war" anymore..they declared the officail conflict over...so i think a no holds barred fight is out the window...# according to what you all are saying why not just nuke them like we did the japanese...then im sure they will conform to whatever the americans want them to do..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
POSTED BY SeaPeople "If you want to elimiate war, there is a way.

Eliminate religion. "

You are only gonna get part way there. You also need to eliminate, greed, avarice, inequality,jealousy, and I am sure there are more that I cannot think of right now.

You are right about that bud. And I totaly agree. i just threw religion out there because I assumed it would get a reaction. But religion is a major reason for war and suffering.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
POSTED BY Intelgurl "likewise if discharging a firearm near the head of an enemy combatant and scaring the proverbial shyte out of him enables extraction of pertinent information then so be it...

I would expect similar treatment if not worse from the other side... "

I don't think it had been determined that he actually was an enemy combatant. If we behave like our enemies, then we are no better than they are. Iraq is full of innocent civillians, not everybody is an enemy combatant.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
wow this treath says it all, i cant believe it..so now everbody can see why 11-9 happened..and the more i read the more i can understand the attacks..I think people defending there home country, or even go to the country that attacked em in the first place are the true heroes. And well like vietnam the usa will loose again, or loose if u can speak about loosing [both sides loose]..i feel for the parents whos kids be send there, for nothing, in the name of a mad man and get killed. Why is one side called terrorist and the others are good ? They both just as bad i think. Its not cuase u have an army that you are no terrorist..The states supporting israel, invading irak and i dont wanna mention all the other terrosrist acts..the indians, the bombs on japan, vietnam, afghanistan..is it so weird that the other site also tries to strike and does ? Then dont cry when that happens, the usa called upon it themself.
I know yall gonna be mad, dont give a frok, i know yall gonna call names, dont give a frok..proof me wrong :] I know iam of topic, so thats why i also state, torture is wrong..and i think a soldier like that is a shame to his country, but also showz the truth wich is a good thing.
aah well who cares, he does it, they do it so what the heck, we do it also....stupid, childish behaviour, mama he stole my candy..now iam gonna steal it back and kick his azz too cry cry..good thing that in europa, also in germany and france we have normal moral rights for prisoners, rules for the police to act and if they dont, bad luck the 'bad' guy walks..not the eye for an eye story, thats no democracy, thats bronzeage b-#

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

War is a no holds barred fight to the finish

we are not even supposed to be at "war" anymore..they declared the officail conflict over...so i think a no holds barred fight is out the window...# according to what you all are saying why not just nuke them like we did the japanese...then im sure they will conform to whatever the americans want them to do..

Why dont you try to imagine what those men go through over there. you cannot pass judgement on them. You have no right. You are able to speak freely about this because of men like him. So if you disagree with that, then stop typing because you must disagree with freedom. It is war. Whether declared or not, that is what it is. Once again you are refusing to see the situation. You want this perfect world. You are not going to find it though. But have fun looking.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Torture is defined under international conventions.
What that Army officer did wouldn't really be classified as torture, imho. And, it's all subjective anyway. Now, if he continually beat the guy, or kept firing warning shots than I might agree with you. But it doesn't sound, to me, like the Iraqi was tortured. For instance, you can 'hood' someone, but you can't do for a long period of time. We discussed this topic a while back here. I'll see if I can't find the thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
wow this treath says it all, i cant believe it..so now everbody can see why 11-9 happened..and the more i read the more i can understand the attacks..I think people defending there home country, or even go to the country that attacked em in the first place are the true heroes. And well like vietnam the usa will loose again, or loose if u can speak about loosing [both sides loose]..i feel for the parents whos kids be send there, for nothing, in the name of a mad man and get killed. Why is one side called terrorist and the others are good ? They both just as bad i think. Its not cuase u have an army that you are no terrorist..The states supporting israel, invading irak and i dont wanna mention all the other terrosrist acts..the indians, the bombs on japan, vietnam, afghanistan..is it so weird that the other site also tries to strike and does ? Then dont cry when that happens, the usa called upon it themself.
I know yall gonna be mad, dont give a frok, i know yall gonna call names, dont give a frok..proof me wrong :] I know iam of topic, so thats why i also state, torture is wrong..and i think a soldier like that is a shame to his country, but also showz the truth wich is a good thing.
aah well who cares, he does it, they do it so what the heck, we do it also....stupid, childish behaviour, mama he stole my candy..now iam gonna steal it back and kick his azz too cry cry..good thing that in europa, also in germany and france we have normal moral rights for prisoners, rules for the police to act and if they dont, bad luck the 'bad' guy walks..not the eye for an eye story, thats no democracy, thats bronzeage b-#

HAHAHA, man people dont get it. Religion is the problem at the root of isreal and palistine. Not american politics. American foreign policy may be a problem. But that is not part of it. Isreal and Palestine created there own. And once again, that has nothing to do with this man. he is doing what he needs to do to survive. Those iraqie soldiers would do the same thing.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why dont you try to imagine what those men go through over there.

i have.. and i have also thought about how hard it must be to be a police officer too...does not mean they can do this type of # though.....if they cant handle doing the job by the rules set forth to them the they should look for a new line of work because im sure there are plenty of soldiers there that would not engage in this type of behaviour..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join