It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army officer confesses torturing prisoner

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
CNN | Submitted by: Mikey Mike
"An Army officer fought back tears Wednesday as he acknowledged threatening to shoot an Iraqi detainee to extract information about a planned attack... In addition to firing his pistol near Hamoodi, West also is accused of punching him during the August 20 interrogation... West, 42, of Atlanta, testified he had received information that Hamoodi, an Iraqi policeman, was allegedly involved in a plot to attack him and his troops... West said he decided to question the prisoner himself, bringing a number of soldiers with him to the place where Hamoodi was being questioned. The soldiers punched the detainee to force him to talk... 'I know that the method that I used was not the right method,' West said, adding he was ready to face the consequences of his action."

Just give the guy his richly-deserved dishonorable discharge and let's move on.Just goes to show how ugly war is no matter what the situation is supposed to be.Im sure the iraqis would/did the same kind of stuff...maybe even worse but this just shows you that this is an ugly war not some perfect situation where the americans are perfect soldiers only doing what is supposed to be done set forth by the geneva convention which is supposed to protect POW's..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That is the kind of thing that I will never understand. War is war. People will be violent. The US is there to kill people. So the guy threatens someone to maybe prevent something else violent. Good for him. They would do the same to us.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
That is the kind of thing that I will never understand. War is war. People will be violent. The US is there to kill people. So the guy threatens someone to maybe prevent something else violent. Good for him. They would do the same to us.

Yeah and that's a pretty good way to promote democracy...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

I agree.

What would happen to Saddam troops if they tortcherd the US troops?

THEY WOULD GET A PAT ON THE BACK!

What happen to the Lynches RAPER?

Nothing!

This is just full of crap.

If you hurt an ENENEMY you will GET COURT MARTIALED or something else like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
He is not being punished for the act. He is being punished for getting caught.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That's pretty bad. Isn't the US supposed to be on the moral highground? With antics like that, I very much doubt that the credibility of Bush's motives ...oh wait, they cna't slide any further down. Well, a great man once said, " You may be obliged to wage war, but you are not obliged to poison your arrows."

DE

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLS1
He is not being punished for the act. He is being punished for getting caught.

For begin caught they should GIVE HIM A MEDAL!

FOR HAVING THE GUTS TO TERRORISE THE ENEMEY!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
For begin caught they should GIVE HIM A MEDAL!

FOR HAVING THE GUTS TO TERRORISE THE ENEMEY!

what happens if they happened to get the wrong guy??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

CNN | Submitted by: Mikey Mike
"An Army officer fought back tears Wednesday as he acknowledged threatening to shoot an Iraqi detainee to extract information about a planned attack... In addition to firing his pistol near Hamoodi, West also is accused of punching him during the August 20 interrogation...

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this reads more like a testament to our troops morality. The worst he's done is punch someone and threaten to shoot him to get information, and he feels guilty for this? Go USA!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I cant believe some of you actually support this #....this is shamefull behavior

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'd have punched the # outta the guy, and not have had one anal pucker about doing it.

ooooh i'm such a bad man.
# it. you # with me and mine, i'll do worse then punch him, i'd flat out go hanoi on my methods. I'd break out the sponges and the battery chargers.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I cant believe some of you actually support this #....this is shamefull behavior

OK so what do you want!

A WAR where the ENEMEY CAN KILL YOU BUT YOU GET IN TROUBLE FOR PUNCHING ONE?!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
SO WHAT?!
Are you there?
Are you fighting in this war?
Do you even have any idea on what goes on by ALL sides in a war?
WWII
Korea
Vietnam
Kosovo
Iraq
Etc.....
A freakin' fact of WAR...get over it and take it to Amnesty International or the "one shot-fired and I am baggin' azz" UN!
The military will deal with its own accordingly!
Nit picking hypocritical BS..........................!

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
frock it. you frock with me and mine, i'll do worse then punch him, i'd flat out go hanoi on my methods. I'd break out the sponges and the battery chargers.

yeah..people like you should should be in authority positions..lol thats a joke...grow up

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

frock it. you frock with me and mine, i'll do worse then punch him, i'd flat out go hanoi on my methods. I'd break out the sponges and the battery chargers.

yeah..people like you should should be in authority positions..lol thats a joke...grow up

hey. blow me.
This is my opinion, and i'm sure it's many more people's opinions. # you and your grow up bull#.
If bending over and taking it up the ass by terrorist cock is a mature disision, then i'll be immature, thanks.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
you people are sick....yeah im wrong...there should be more toture and the american public along with the world should support them in their ILLEGAL approach to interogation!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

you people are sick....yeah im wrong...there should be more toture and the american public along with the world should support them in their ILLEGAL approach to interogation!

let me guess, you were beat up alot as a kid right?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If bending over and taking it up the azz by terrorist johnson is a mature disision,

where did i happen to mention that little bit of information you provided in you well thought out post??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
War doesn't give you carte blanche to go rounding people up and torturing them. It isn't a ticket to the lowest sum of human depravity. War can still be fought with some semblance of respect.

Or would you ratehr go back to the raping-looting-pillaging ways of things? Because that's the precedent you're setting here.

DE

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

OH we are SORRY(yeah right
)

Should we make the world FUL OF LOVE?

Love the enemy.

If the enemey hits you you give him your other cheek?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join