It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army officer confesses torturing prisoner

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by Fury
what the # ever.

point it, here is reality for you.

you get hit, you hit back harder.

any time i've been in a fight, i do not fight fair. I kick, maim, bite, break bones, kick scrotums, and cut them in any way i can.

this is a fight. I do not feel sorry for the conqured.
I don't feel sorry for middle easterners trying to kill me.
I would have got the information any way i could. and if that includes torture, i'm glad some of us aren't as weak as the rest of you.

Only the strong survive. They attack the innocent. They beat there own olympic team to near death and executed others over in that sorry disgrace of a holy land. Mass graves are abundant. And someone hit one of the bastards in an interrogation. When it comes down to it, the guy was only trying to protect himself and his brothers in arms. War is painful. War hurts. It sucks. It is violent. War is not fair. War will never go away no matter how hard you try. That is unless religion goes away. Which, as long as we think freely will always be here.

yeah great point..they tortured poeple why cant we?

That is not the point, the point is that we need to preserve ourselves. When you are in war, you need to survive. If they are going to try to kill you, you have to try to kill them first. If they get caught, then they should have ran faster. War is not fair, life is not fair.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
then why the hell are we even there??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It doesnt matter why we are there, that man did not ask to go to iraq. The man was told to do so. He is doing what he needs to do to protect himself and others. The issue of why we are there has no relavence in this thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

What do you think happened in PHOENIX? They tortured prisoners, then once 'confessions' had been extracted, they torched the villages. Learn your history, boy, it might save you trouble later on in life.

DE

i am not talking about phoenix!

i am talking about iraq!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It doesnt matter why we are there, that man did not ask to go to iraq. The man was told to do so. He is doing what he needs to do to protect himself and others. The issue of why we are there has no relavence in this thread.

if the man didnt want to goto iraq he should have not joined the army!! I think he can protect himself and others in other ways besides beating and firing shots and threating to kill prisoners....yeah and i think the reason we are thier has alot of relavence about this subject because the main argument i hear is because of how terribly torturist saddam was...so what, we replaced him with violent american soldiers that do not have to follow the geneva convention??

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
West, working around Tikrit, see daily attacks, DAILY!

He scares the iraqi to prevent further attacks, saving lives, by firing a pistol and 'punching' him. Then reported himself to his commander. Yeah, I would reprimand the guy. BUT I can't see how what he did fits the definition of torture nor do I think that guy should lose his career or be court martialed over saving his soldiers lives.

If my kid was under his command and I discovered he fired a gun to scare the piss out of a terrorist, thereby saving my childs life, I'd be greatful to that man!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
West, working around Tikrit, see daily attacks, DAILY!

He scares the iraqi to prevent further attacks, saving lives, by firing a pistol and 'punching' him. Then reported himself to his commander. Yeah, I would reprimand the guy. BUT I can't see how what he did fits the definition of torture nor do I think that guy should lose his career or be court martialed over saving his soldiers lives.

If my kid was under his command and I discovered he fired a gun to scare the piss out of a terrorist, thereby saving my childs life, I'd be greatful to that man!

Thank you Bob what you said is true but for cypo it just

doesnt fit in his head.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

if the man didnt want to goto iraq he should have not joined the army!! I think he can protect himself and others in other ways besides beating and firing shots and threating to kill prisoners....yeah and i think the reason we are thier has alot of relavence about this subject because the main argument i hear is because of how terribly torturist saddam was...so what, we replaced him with violent american soldiers that do not have to follow the geneva convention??

You are not there. How often are gunshots fired at you? How often are you spit on? You know nothing of what those men deal with every day. That man was told to go there. It doesnt matter why. He is there. He needs to do whatever it takes to stay alive. See, this is where darwinism works best. Your oversight caused by your way of thinking would get you killed. you wouldnt pass your genes on to the next generation...abracadabra...we are all a little smarter. War is violent. People are violent. We will all die. There is no reason trying to change these things. Only do what it takes to survive. We are on earth to reproduce and survive.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
no i understand complety what your saying...but unfortunalty if we want to bitch about other countries actions being illegal and wrong then we should live by the same rules...why does that not fit into your head???

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
yeah i guess the police in america should be able to toture.beat,fire shots,and threaten suspects right???

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. But the actions of our country hardly relate to the actions of one man put in a position where he has to survive. In a perfect world there would be no war. In a semiperfect world, all countries would follow rules of war. We dont live in either. I wish I could say what he did was wrong, but I have no idea what it is like living in that kind of fear every day. I cannot say what he did was wrong when it very well could mean the survival of others.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
War is violent. People are violent. We will all die. There is no reason trying to change these things.

well then what do you have against saddam??he was just acting normaly according to your prespective ont htis situation....hell... he was just trying to survive right...only the strong survive right..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

yeah i guess the police in america should be able to toture.beat,fire shots,and threaten suspects right???

Well they do. Its a fact of life. Look at the television. The fact is that humans are violent. Americans are violent. French are violent. Germans are violent. Iraqies are violent. We all are. If you dont want to have the police brutalize you dont get in a high speed chase. Dont pull a gun. Dont put yourself in a position where it may occur. Life is not perfect or fair and some people may fall victim to these things of no fault of there own. But that is not war. We are talking about a man who is in a war.

link   
But the actions of our country hardly relate to the actions of one man put in a position where he has to survive.

you honestly think this is the only situation of this nature going on over there??

link   
POSTED BY SeaPeople "War is not fair. War will never go away no matter how hard you try. "

I am betting that you are not trying very hard.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

War is violent. People are violent. We will all die. There is no reason trying to change these things.

well then what do you have against saddam??he was just acting normaly according to your prespective ont htis situation....hell... he was just trying to survive right...only the strong survive right..

I never said that I thought we should be at war. I specifically said that point was not relevant on this thread. It is a completely different issue. The points I used regarding iraq's treatment of its citizens were just points to show you what kind of people this soldier has to deal with every day. These men will kill their own and will kill him if they had the chance.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
POSTED BY SeaPeople "War is not fair. War will never go away no matter how hard you try. "

I am betting that you are not trying very hard.

If you want to elimiate war, there is a way.

Eliminate religion.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But the actions of our country hardly relate to the actions of one man put in a position where he has to survive.

you honestly think this is the only situation of this nature going on over there??

Absolutely not, I wouldnt treat it any different than another one that came along either.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

now, you're getting off topic, don't you think?

Again though, there's no torture involved with this Army incident.

To answer your question, no. But, it's going to be up to that police officer. IF, again BIG IF, I am police officer and I knew the rules and knew that by breaking the rules I could save a life -but I knew I'd lose my job, pension, and possibly my liberty by firing a round off to scare the perp, again to save someones life, then I would hope for a understanding jury.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
These men will kill their own and will kill him if they had the chance.

i think that this is a baseless generalization..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join