It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army officer confesses torturing prisoner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Religion is the problem at the root of isreal and palistine.

please you are so far off on that man...i dont even know where to start...geez

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
Religion is the problem at the root of isreal and palistine.

please you are so far off on that man...i dont even know where to start...geez

Go ahead, ill be waiting her for you to start that. Also, you still havent answered how it was a baseless argument about the soldiers in iraq wanting to kill american soldiers. Im beginning to think you dont have any arguments for these points.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by jozuph
wow this treath says it all, i cant believe it..so now everbody can see why 11-9 happened..and the more i read the more i can understand the attacks..I think people defending there home country, or even go to the country that attacked em in the first place are the true heroes. And well like vietnam the usa will loose again, or loose if u can speak about loosing [both sides loose]..i feel for the parents whos kids be send there, for nothing, in the name of a mad man and get killed. Why is one side called terrorist and the others are good ? They both just as bad i think. Its not cuase u have an army that you are no terrorist..The states supporting israel, invading irak and i dont wanna mention all the other terrosrist acts..the indians, the bombs on japan, vietnam, afghanistan..is it so weird that the other site also tries to strike and does ? Then dont cry when that happens, the usa called upon it themself.
I know yall gonna be mad, dont give a frok, i know yall gonna call names, dont give a frok..proof me wrong :] I know iam of topic, so thats why i also state, torture is wrong..and i think a soldier like that is a shame to his country, but also showz the truth wich is a good thing.
aah well who cares, he does it, they do it so what the heck, we do it also....stupid, childish behaviour, mama he stole my candy..now iam gonna steal it back and kick his azz too cry cry..good thing that in europa, also in germany and france we have normal moral rights for prisoners, rules for the police to act and if they dont, bad luck the 'bad' guy walks..not the eye for an eye story, thats no democracy, thats bronzeage b-#

HAHAHA, man people dont get it. Religion is the problem at the root of isreal and palistine. Not american politics. American foreign policy may be a problem. But that is not part of it. Isreal and Palestine created there own. And once again, that has nothing to do with this man. he is doing what he needs to do to survive. Those iraqie soldiers would do the same thing.

dman have to go of topic again, if it wasnt for america there would not have been israel. besides israel belongs to the palistines..just cause they gave the jews 'israel' after the war. How would u feel if all of a sudden the taliban would be givin texas to life ? As for torture to survive ? what is that, how can u torture to survive ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

wow this treath says it all, i cant believe it..so now everbody can see why 11-9 happened..and the more i read the more i can understand the attacks..I think people defending there home country, or even go to the country that attacked em in the first place are the true heroes. And well like vietnam the usa will loose again, or loose if u can speak about loosing [both sides loose]..i feel for the parents whos kids be send there, for nothing, in the name of a mad man and get killed. Why is one side called terrorist and the others are good ? They both just as bad i think. Its not cuase u have an army that you are no terrorist..The states supporting israel, invading irak and i dont wanna mention all the other terrosrist acts..the indians, the bombs on japan, vietnam, afghanistan..is it so weird that the other site also tries to strike and does ? Then dont cry when that happens, the usa called upon it themself.
I know yall gonna be mad, dont give a frok, i know yall gonna call names, dont give a frok..proof me wrong :] I know iam of topic, so thats why i also state, torture is wrong..and i think a soldier like that is a shame to his country, but also showz the truth wich is a good thing.
aah well who cares, he does it, they do it so what the heck, we do it also....stupid, childish behaviour, mama he stole my candy..now iam gonna steal it back and kick his azz too cry cry..good thing that in europa, also in germany and france we have normal moral rights for prisoners, rules for the police to act and if they dont, bad luck the 'bad' guy walks..not the eye for an eye story, thats no democracy, thats bronzeage b-#

HAHAHA, man people dont get it. Religion is the problem at the root of isreal and palistine. Not american politics. American foreign policy may be a problem. But that is not part of it. Isreal and Palestine created there own. And once again, that has nothing to do with this man. he is doing what he needs to do to survive. Those iraqie soldiers would do the same thing.

dman have to go of topic again, if it wasnt for america there would not have been israel. besides israel belongs to the palistines..just cause they gave the jews 'israel' after the war. How would u feel if all of a sudden the taliban would be givin texas to life ? As for torture to survive ? what is that, how can u torture to survive ?

Why does it belong to palestine, please explain?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

these men will kill there own if they got the chance??? baseless ,yes i would say so..

doenst amarica torture there own people ? dont they kill there own people [deathrow] and doesnt ameria leaves there own people in need alone.....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Why does it belong to palestine, please explain? [/qufor

for the same reason you call the states your home..or better your belongin...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
, you still havent answered how it was a baseless argument about the soldiers in iraq wanting to kill american soldiers.

of coarse they want to kill american soldiers...that is not what i said...i said it was baseless to say that they would kill thier own!!

ok if you really want some points on the whole isreal palistien situation i can go there if you really want to know..

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

these men will kill there own if they got the chance??? baseless ,yes i would say so..

doenst amarica torture there own people ? dont they kill there own people [deathrow] and doesnt ameria leaves there own people in need alone.....

I said before, yes they do. I also said that life is violent. War is violent. That man is put in a position where his life is in danger, he must do what it takes to survive. Good for him doing his part. Life is violent. If you want it to change, your gonna have to change everything. Go for it and if I think your methods will work Ill give you any help I can. In the mean time, I am going to make sure that I do everything possible to live to tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I also said that life is violent. War is violent.

well if this is your view on life then why didnt we just leave saddam in power?? he wasnt doing anything wrong right??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is this type of thing legal in the U.S.? Nope.

Why is it okay in Iraq? Isn't the whole idea of this fiasco to bring "freedom" to Iraqis?

Was this prisoner convicted? Nope. Did he see a court of law? Nope. Interrogated and tortured? Yep.

Funny how you cherish your own freedom but don't think they're particularly apt for Iraq. And you wonder why people think Americans are stupid f*ckwads.

The soldier who DID this is sorry for it and upset, but it doesn't faze any of you armchair generals. HE WAS THERE AND HE ADMITS THAT HE FEELS TERRIBLE ABOUT WHAT HE DID, but somehow that's the wrong thing for him to feel, right.

People who don't respect other people's basic human rights don't deserve any of their own.

As for the fact that it was self-defense, this guy was a PRISONER. As in, bound and cuffed. And they had info that he was "allegedly involved in a plot to attack troops".

So in other words it's okay for US soldiers to torture Iraqis who are SUSPECTED of involvement in terrorism.

If you support that, let's hope no unfounded allegations ever come through to your government about you, because you'll get no tears from me as they ship you off to Guantanomo to be "disappearesd".

"West testified he had received information that Hamoodi, an Iraqi policeman, was allegedly involved in a plot to attack troops. After being arrested, Hamoodi was interrogated but insisted he was not aware of a planned attack. West said he decided to question the prisoner himself, taking a number of soldiers with him. The soldiers punched the detainee to force him to talk.

When Hamoodi refused to give any information, West said he led him out of the detention facility to a weapons cleaning area and asked him to confess, suggesting he would shoot him if he did not talk by the count of five. West said he fired a warning shot and later fired a second shot into the sand near Hamoodi, who still professed his innocence.

West said he only wanted to force the detainee to confess. He added that when he saw that Hamoodi was visibly shaken, he asked that the prisoner be helped.

"I felt that there was a threat to my soldiers," West said. "I know that the method that I used was not the right method."

West informed his commander that he had threatened a prisoner with his gun but said he did not tell his commander that his soldiers had hit the detainee.

"I love the Army. I love my soldiers. . . . I knew it was over," he said.

The prosecutor, Capt. Magdalena Przytulska, said West should be tried, saying his actions implied that "we're no better than the enemy we're fighting."

jakomo

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Jakomo]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
how can i be possible u have to torture to survive ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
some rules of the geneva convention....

Prisoners of war should be "respected and protected" without regard to gender, race, politics or creed.

They must not be subjected to "violence, insults and public curiousity."

POWs are only obligated to provide their captors with their name, rank, serial number and date of birth.

POWs may be tried by their captors in a fair and impartial manner, and they are entitled to competent representation

Occupiers of a land must honor the safety, dignity, religious beliefs and cultural mores of the people there.

Dams, dikes, nuclear plants, places of worship, cultural landmarks and "objects indispensible to civilian survival" (such as crops or drinking water supplies) may not be specifically targeted-----we deffinently didnt follow this one!!!!

Weapons which cause inordinate environmental damage, "superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering" are prohibited. -------we like depleted uranium rounds alot--cant wait till we start nuking!

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
sirCyco your view is all well and good but you honestly cant understand what war is like nor do you realise if you were in a unit that was attacked daily, many times a day, you might very well do the same in a command position out of fear and dont say you wouldnt because you do not and can not understand what is going on in his head or anyones head who are attacked everyday.

the iraqi's arent fighting fair, guerilla warfare is meant to instill fear, paranoia, panic and irrational behavior, things like what he did or worse are a natural response no matter how bad it is.

dont judge because you dont understand, its only god/the universe/whatever(s) responsibility to judge ones actions, exactly because one person cant understand another no matter how well you know them.

by his statement, i wouldnt even define it as torture, hell as a kid i was hit and threatened whenever i misbehaved or got caught planning something bad(many other people too im sure), i dont see that as abuse or torture nor do i see what he did as abuse or torture.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
WE are humans, WE are going to act that way. You can script all the rules you want. It will never change the way the world works.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
sirCyco your view is all well and good but you honestly cant understand what war is like nor do you realise if you were in a unit that was attacked daily, many times a day, you might very well do the same in a command position out of fear and dont say you wouldnt because you do not and can not understand what is going on in his head or anyones head who are attacked everyday.

the iraqi's arent fighting fair, guerilla warfare is meant to instill fear, paranoia, panic and irrational behavior, things like what he did or worse are a natural response no matter how bad it is.

dont judge because you dont understand, its only god/the universe/whatever(s) responsibility to judge ones actions, exactly because one person cant understand another no matter how well you know them.

by his statement, i wouldnt even define it as torture, hell as a kid i was hit and threatened whenever i misbehaved or got caught planning something bad(many other people too im sure), i dont see that as abuse or torture nor do i see what he did as abuse or torture.

Fair ? what is fair in a war.... is it fair to invade a innocent country, is it fair to torture ? Isnt it normal in war that u are under attack ? so why cry bout it, why cry when people get killed ? yall wanted it didnt u...
why otherwise go thre..
plz for once leave god out, hes not there, nor here and he def cant judge people..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
then again...what was so bad about saddam then seapeople?? he was just human..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
you honestly cant understand what war is like

yeah i think i have a fairly good picture of what war is like..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

WE are humans, WE are going to act that way. You can script all the rules you want. It will never change the way the world works.

damn its because of people like u that its like that in the states and it will come down on you, it happened on 11-9 and it happens daily in iraq..but if americans get killed its sooo bad, sooo bad think about it...muslims also use the eye for an eye theory and inshallah

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Fair ? what is fair in a war.... is it fair to invade a innocent country, is it fair to torture ? Isnt it normal in war that u are under attack ? so why cry bout it, why cry when people get killed ? yall wanted it didnt u...
why otherwise go thre..
plz for once leave god out, hes not there, nor here and he def cant judge people..

i didnt specifically say god, anyways you cant judge people either can you?

also, i was making a point about both sides playing unfairly and acting irrational, i was not justifying either side.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

damn its because of people like u that its like that in the states and it will come down on you, it happened on 11-9 and it happens daily in iraq..but if americans get killed its sooo bad, sooo bad think about it...muslims also use the eye for an eye theory and inshallah

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

Its not an eye for an eye theory. All I am saying is that humans are violent. Muslims are violent. Catholics are violent. Athiests are violent. As much as I would like a nice world where I didnt have to worry about what street I was on, what color I was wearing, what group of people is trying to kill the group of people I am in, it wont happen. People have fought since the beginning of time. Why is it? It all comes down to our ability to think. We think and come up with different opinions. People form groups based on those opinions. Then the groups fight. It isnt anyones fault that life is like that. It just is the way it is. That is a broad picture. The small centered picture on an individual level is different. I go through every day doing what i think is best. If it means helping someone then thats what I will do. But I want to live. When someone threatens my life, I will react appropriately. I will do the best I can to survive. So will anyone else. Race and gender do not matter in this. It is the way things are for everyone, on all sides.

[Edited on 11/20/2003 by Seapeople]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join