It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Exist -- The Probing Mind

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylersch
btw, this site seems to make many unprovable claims of a Mysterious "Q Gospel" That everyone copied off of.

well, there was either a Q gospel or people plagerized mark
if there was a Q gospel it would actually lend credence to the claim that jesus was a historical figure, because it would have to be closer to the lifetime of jesus than mark (circa 70 CE)

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylersch
btw, this site seems to make many unprovable claims of a Mysterious "Q Gospel" That everyone copied off of.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, there was either a Q gospel or people plagerized mark

What makes you say that?

if there was a Q gospel it would actually lend credence to the claim that jesus was a historical figure, because it would have to be closer to the lifetime of jesus than mark (circa 70 CE)

Perhaps it would, but the thing is... the site, that is quoted below, seems to be making assumptions and conclusions off something that they can't prove and don't have. If these "Q Gospels" are real... Where are they?

messiahtruth.com
In the year 325 CE, Constantine (a non-baptized Pagan) convened the Council of Nicea to settle disputes in the Church. The council changed Jesus from man to God in the flesh, they changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, and the Passover was changed to Easter.

To my knowledge, this is true. Sadly. Roman Catholicism adopted Paganism instead of abolishing it. I completely disagree with what they did, and in IMO the Catholic Church should not be considered truely christian.

messiahtruth.com
Among the nearly 200 Gospels circulating in the first three hundred years of this era, the Catholic Church canonized only four. Origen, the great Catholic father, confirms this fact: "And not four Gospels, but very many, out of which these we have chosen."

A partial list of the different books considered by the Church for inclusion were a gospel written by Jesus� own hand; letters and other correspondences written by Jesus; letters written by the "virgin" Mary; Pilate�s official report to the emperor of the trial and crucifixion of Jesus, with Pilate�s confession of faith; the reply to this from Tiberius, and the trial of Pilate; official documents of the Roman Senate about Jesus; Gospels, epistles, acts, by every single one of the twelve apostles; and official documents of church law and government, written in Greek by the apostles.

I personally have never heard about this. If this is true, where are these books? It would be awesome to read a gospel Jesus wrote, as well as the other books.

If anyone has anymore information on this, please post.

BTW my original question still stands, madnessinmysoul did not answer my question.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
These must all be lies too?

Link1
Link2
Link3

All this must be a lie also? Boy them minds play crazy tricks don't they.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful stories with us WiseSheep.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here is another link for you. It doesnt make sense to challenge these myths as nonexistent just because i refrenced a Jewish source. These are well documented myths.

Sons of G-d

This is a book detailing many Jesus like myths from the pagan world.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
Here is another link for you. It doesnt make sense to challenge these myths as nonexistent just because i refrenced a Jewish source. These are well documented myths.

Sons of G-d

Thanks for showing us these Satanic lies kokoro.:shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Sons of G-d

Im sorry you feel that way. This is not satanic, it is history. And here is a link about mithraism. Perhaps instead of trying to insult me you can give an explanation as to why Jesus' life story follows the same basic format as numberous other pagan dieties before his supposed time.

Mithraism

[edit on 23-1-2007 by kokoro]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sons of G-d

Im sorry you feel that way. This is not satanic, it is history. And here is a link about mithraism.

Mithraism

looks like a bunch of pagan crud to me.

cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
it IS pagan crud that is exactly my point. And Jesus is only a modern day pagan diety myth. His life story follows the same old worn out pagan script. I feel like im talking to a brick wall here.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't believe in pagan myths, therefore they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't believe in pagan myths, therefore they don't exist.

is this a magic power you have?
the ability to exclude from reality anything that doesn't fit into the world according to thehumbleone?

honestly, christianity shares many things with pagan myths
jesus shares 19 out of 22 of the core characteristics of oedipus, a pagan myth

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So, atheism share 35 out of 38 similarities with $h!T, doesn't mean it's the same thing. :w:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So, atheism share 35 out of 38 similarities with $h!T, doesn't mean it's the same thing. :w:

wow that was just uncalled for. What you are really saying here is that you dont have an answer so you are going to resort pulling cheap shots. Nice.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

wow that was just uncalled for. What you are really saying here is that you dont have an answer so you are going to resort pulling cheap shots. Nice.

What cheap shot, and what was uncalled for?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

well, i brought up a comparison that has been made between a pagan mythic figure and your religious figure, just to point out that a corollation (if not causation) can be drawn between your religion and pagan religion

actually, oedipus is the standard by which most scholars compare mythic figures

you then say that my personal lack of religion shares similarities with excrement...
that's uncalled for

i didn't attack, i pointed out

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

well, i brought up a comparison that has been made between a pagan mythic figure and your religious figure, just to point out that a corollation (if not causation) can be drawn between your religion and pagan religion

actually, oedipus is the standard by which most scholars compare mythic figures

you then say that my personal lack of religion shares similarities with excrement...
that's uncalled for

i didn't attack, i pointed out

Did you completely ignore the last part of my post?

[/]Originally posted by thehumbleone
doesn't mean it's the same thing.

You see, I didn't attack.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You see, I didn't attack.

still, uncalled for
i'm pointing out a scholarly comparison
and you through out something that's just random and unbackable

jesus shares commonalities with many mythic figures
son of a deity/a manifestation of a deity
virgin birth
water to wine
rebirth
etc

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Explain these atheistic similarities please???.

I mean you could say that jesus was a raging homosexual and a paedophile because he liked to be with naked young men. Thats a nice similarity eh?

Do you wanna be like jesus?????? A dirty paedophile!!!!!!!
I wonder if thats why the priests like little boys !! to be like jesus!!!

G

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

I mean you could say that jesus was a raging homosexual and a paedophile because he liked to be with naked young men. Thats a nice similarity eh?

G

You guys are missing his point.

Look at what he said. He is saying that atheism is NOT $h!T.
He was just trying to say just because it similar to pagan gods doesn't make it pagan. Which is some of your view points.
His view point, I guess, is that Atheism is similar to $h!T, which is really unfounded, and not the best way to get a message across to atheist.
But that is his POV. Just as you have your POV.

I'm still reading the links you posted above to give a better answer.

Can someone PLEASE answer my question above. I don't know if your trying to avoid it on purpose or not anymore.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Haha. I tried going to the "Sons of G-d" link at work and our web filter blocked it out and gave me this message

Access Denied by SiteFilter: Forbidden, this page (www.truthbeknown.com...) is categorized as: Hate Speech.

So I will check it out next time I am at home

Btw, The only people that I can think of that spell God, like this "G-d" are Jewish people. Once again, I'm not suprised

It doesnt make sense to challenge these myths as nonexistent just because i refrenced a Jewish source. These are well documented myths.

Yes, it does make sense. There is something called misinterpretation of data. THAT is why I am asking for external evidence. HOW do they know this.

What I am saying, (this is a hypothetical situation) is if someone found some kind of zodiac relic (has 12 signs) a Jewish(or someone else who is anti-Jesus) person might say "hey, 12 signs, just like the 12 disciples, how can I twist this around to make Jesus seem like a myth?"

Im NOT saying this is true. It could be, that is why I want to SEE how they know this.

Do you guys understand what I am saying.

Question everything, even if it supports what you believe.
You all should know this by now.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

HA HA HA HA! you atheists crack me up at the way you get offended when someone insults your beliefs.

Just listen to the anger is this post, HA HA HA HA!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join