It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Arsenal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Eyewitness86,

The caliber to which you refer is sometime called the 7.92x57mm Mauser. today often refered to as the 8mm Mauser..or sometimes the 8x57mm Mauser. A very potent caliber. The diameter of the bullet is some .323 diameter. IN ballistic reloading tables it is comparable to the American 30.06 ammunition and many of the powders listed in the tables are also loaded in the American 30.06.

By the way..I also agree with the assessment of Cole on this. Shhhhhhhhh!!! Mums the word.

BAR is a very nice piece...very nice. Also still in service in parts of the world.

Thanks, and keep them in the X ring,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just the basics:

The weapon: (classic & indestructable)
12ga. Remington 870 Tactical
9mm Glock 17 3rd gen.

Ammo:
100 shells in slugs & 00
500 Rounds of fresh 9mm

Would LOVE an HK PDW or other 9mm or .223 sub-machine gun, but that's luxury, not necessity.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
We're very restricted as to what we can own in mainland UK. When I was living in NI it was less so. Pistols are still ownable in Ulster on a section 1 cert. My father holds one of these and keeps a Walther P5C that I purchased from the army a couple of years ago that I was origionally issued as a personal protection weapon in my Home Service days. The weapon was due for decommissioning due to downsizing of issue protection weapons, but was still in good shape and well looked after (I know - I was the one who carried it for many years!). I still carry it when I go home on leave. Not exactly the most legal thing to do, but I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

I hold a section 1 cert for the UK and keep a .308 Browning A Bolt and a .223 Remington 700 mountain. I also own a Lanber Sporting Delux 12ga O/U that I keep in the unit armoury (a pain in the arse requirement for soldiers who live on camp - no firearms kept in unsecured accomodation).

Saying that, if the faeces struck the oscillator and I had to pull a firearm from the armoury, there are plenty of other choices in there (SA80A2, LSWA2, Minimi Para, GPMG, L96 7.62, L115 .338, Browning P35, SIG P226/228, Remington 870...).

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
One crucifix. One rosary. One God. If it comes down to I have to blow away my neighbors over a bowl of rice I'd probably rather check out anyway. I know, I know, I'm going to get it good for that. Lock and load.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think in a way were at a distinct advantage here in the UK...hardly any other firearm-toting civilians to worry about.

My arsenal is very basic:

2x Barnett Blackwidow slingshots with spare elastics and an Opinel 3" lock-blade skinning knife in my BoB.

And a Leatherman multitool and an all steel Parker pen which I carry daily as my 'concealed' hand-to-hand weapons.

A compound/recurve bow and archery-club membership to be added as soon as my meagre student finances will allow though

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
And a Leatherman multitool and an all steel Parker pen which I carry daily as my 'concealed' hand-to-hand weapons.

And of course the leatherman is one with a non-locking blade of less than 3" in order to comply with current UK offensive weapon legislation

In all seriousness, in the UK the carrying of knives "without good reason" is very dodgy. Only knives with a blade length of less than 3 inches and that is not fixed or doesn't lock can be carried legally. The "without good reason" part is the one where you may fall foul, as a good reason for you may not be a good reason for the authorities.

I carry my dads' old clasp knife that he was issued when he was a B Special in the early part of the troubles. 2 3/4" non-locking blade. Sharp as a razor. Lovely bit of kit.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
And of course the leatherman is one with a non-locking blade of less than 3" in order to comply with current UK offensive weapon legislation

You got it in one

And as the blade is only one of a dozen tools incorporated into what is defined as a 'multi-purpose toolset' then that should be enough to convince any jobsworth constable.

I'd be more likely to be arrested for brandishing a sharpened tongue if I was ever stopped (again) under the S.U.S. regulations...I only avoided arrest last time by producing the trusty Parker pen and paper and taking down the registration no. of the patrol car and the officers' badge numbers with the explicitly explained intent of taking the matter to my MP

In that instance, the pen being truely mightier than the sword

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Simple and Rugged.

Hi-Point 995. 9mm (most common round in the world) Simple blowback operation (not hard to fix if fouled) 6 extra mags (only 10 rds each

Reliabley accurate up to 75 yards or so, accurate enough out to 100-110 if you pull the trigger enough.

Matching Hi-Point 9mm compact for sidearm. Interchangeable magazines, same ammo, same action, simple and indestructable.

Use trapping for small game (more efficient and quieter then blasting bunnies).

Those are my Sit-X Bug-out arms.

If I need something bigger or more powerful I would plan on taking it from someone who no longer happens to be in need of it anymore.

think I would leave my hunting rifles at home. Ammo is heavier and harder to replace. I can carry 1000rds of 9mm in relative ease and it would be easy to replace from others whose ammo is no longer useful to them

Would like an AR type in .223 but can't afford it yet. Mini-14 would be a fantastic alternative but have not bought that yet either.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

would you consider a 'black-powder' firearm? If you ran out of ammo and could only obtain rounds in any other calibre you could break open the shells and use the powdercharge and primer cap

(I dont know if this would work, having never had the opportunity to even handle a firearm here in the UK)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I actually shoot a black powder pistol in a .38 calibre. A revolver in fact, but I have never ever considered breaking down other rounds and using the components. Don't know if it work or not. Will check it out.

Hopefully it would not get that bad. 9mm should be relatively as easy to get hold of as .22LR. If not you can just kiss the fan goodbye because it has been completely buried in sh%t.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
here goes not much but they all serve a purpose
bushmaster ar-15 with 11 30rd mags plus 1000 rds
chinese sks 7.62x39 6 30rd mags plus 500 rds
ruger p-95 .40 cal 4 10rd mags plus 250 rds
tikka 25.06 hi-power 1 5rd mag plus 250 rd
looking to buy a ruger redhawk in .44 cal the are all nice shooting guns
wuold have them otherwise

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ah, a let's reveal our toys thread!

Latest acquisition thanks to NY granting my pistol permit is a Springfield Armory XD compact .45 ACP.

First custom-built gun is my AR-15 with bushie lower and model1sales upper, free-floated with YHM rails, tac lite and laser.

Next custom-built gun will be AR-10(T). Will fire both .308 and 7.62. Primarily for hunting, but a 30 round clip can never hurt in survival mode.

Of course there's always the Marlin .22 with tubular magazine. Mainly for rodents but always fun to plink with. Hey, you do get four pieces of meat off a squirrel...

For the ultimate in crowd control, there's my fully-automatic BB gun which uses a battery-operated motor. Stupid as anything but sure is fun to shoot those plastic balls with one squeeze. Got that for $35 from some dumb catalog that came in the mail. It does work though...

Finally, what home is complete without a Mossberg tactical shotgun? Well, mine is... That's coming also. Got rid of my S&W model 12 shotgun earlier this year.

I'll do a picture if we're supposed to put our money where our mouth is...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
what would you all recommend for someone who cant buy a firearm ?

I received a court-martial back in 93. It was a minor offense (larceny) but apparently the USA considers it more so since it happened in the service. In any civilian court I would have received a misdemeanor charge and nothing more but the military apparently doesnt separate offenses in that way.

I tried buying a rifle anyway to see if I would pass the background check but I didnt. I was given a number to I think was the ATF to explain why I was denied. The person I spoke to said something about all military offenses were considered federal offenses regardless of how minor the charge was. Completely unfair in my opinion.

Anyway, what are my options ? I want something to hunt with to feed my family if we're forced to head for the mountains during martial law. Ive got enough freeze-dried food to feed us for about a month but Im gonna need game meat. Ive tried fishing in the streams here in Idaho and have not once ever caught anything so its gotta be game meat.

Ive looked at crossbows as they seem more familiar to me than a regular bow. Im not sure what else are my options. Ive also wondered if air rifles do anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have to agree with those who don't feel secure giving a complete list of weapons here.
That being said, i do however have a very pretty brace of cap and ball 44 navy colts. The kit is complete with a ball mold so it would be a while before I would run out of ammo.
When i lived in Florida, antique weapons were not covered under the states firearms laws. Some politician with less than adequate familiarity didn't consider cap and ball as " deadly" weapons. LOL
I have personaly cut a 4 x 4 in half with one round from my 44's and can easily imagine what they would do to a person.
Not sure about alot of jurisdictions but it might be worth looking into local ordanences as to the ownership and legality of black powder firearms.
This continent was settled and our government created with these weapons. Might be some poetic justice in thier being used agin for the same purposes

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

You won't need to do the background check to purchase a black powder rifle. You can also buy a rifle from a private individual as that transaction also wouldn't need the check.

As to the topic at hand. Many hunting rifles, my newest is a Remmy 700 CDL in 7 Rem mag with a 3-9 Zeiss Conquest. My only pistol is a CZ 75 9mm, and I have 2 shotguns, both Winchester model 12's 1 in 3" mag and the other 2 3/4".

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Err ... are you planning on starting a war?

Unless you need to defend a large and not hidden structure, or joining up with a marauding gang, then it seems like a bit of overkill to even have such an arsenal. A good hunting weapon that doubles as a defense weapon is all you need. A side arm as an extra is good but major assault weapons...I plan on being far away from your type when survival is at stake.

In a war situation, you will need troops. A small group will probably lead to a bigger group coming to get you. Having an arsenal is asking for trouble unless you are in Iraq.

In a survival situation, being discrete, is far better than blasting away till someone bigger comes along. And they will come.

Thats why no one should know about it.

Prepare for the worst to prepare for the best!

I want to get an IAR.
Saw it on FutureWeapons, just a m4/16 that is better suited for fully automatic fire.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spyz

You won't need to do the background check to purchase a black powder rifle. You can also buy a rifle from a private individual as that transaction also wouldn't need the check.

As to the topic at hand. Many hunting rifles, my newest is a Remmy 700 CDL in 7 Rem mag with a 3-9 Zeiss Conquest. My only pistol is a CZ 75 9mm, and I have 2 shotguns, both Winchester model 12's 1 in 3" mag and the other 2 3/4".

wait a minute...

So I can just buy a weapon from the ads in the newspaper and its legal ? I dont need a license or something ? I know a private individual cant do a background check obviously before they sell something but I assumed I would need to take that item to the police and register it ?

If this is true, what weapons should I be considering ? My only experience is with 9mm pistols and M16's. There are plenty of deer and black bear in the woods near me

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
For my first post, I felt inclined to particpate.

My arsenal looks as follows.

Smith & Wesson 40VE (40 Cal)
High Stander 12 Guage Riot Shotgun
Sig 226
Saiga .308 rifle (love it, very accurate)
Mossberg 835 Shotgun
Walther PPK (32 Cal)
Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum (my absolute favorite)
Viper 22cal Semi auto rifle
Glock 20 (IMO 10mm is superior)
Gamo Hunter Extreme airgun
Crosman Legacy airgun

I also have...
Jennings compound bow
Cold Steel Bad Axe
Cold Steel Kukri
Horton Explorer Crossbow
Cold Steel War Hammer

And of course more fixed blade, and folding knives than I could carry at any one time, along with ballbats, crowbars, and just about anything that can be used as a weapon.
As you'll see I have a thing for handguns moreso than rifles, although I believe mainly because I can obtain them cheaper.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Actually, dependant upon your state, all one would need is a current FOID card.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

That's correct ad, although I don't think full auto's fall under theses rules. But yes you can buy any standard rifle or pistol from an individual. I see your in Idaho, I'm in Montana and I believe that our laws regarding firearms are pretty much the same. Btw, check out some local gun shows, same rules apply.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join