It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Arsenal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Vector AMD-65, Vector AKM, ARSENAL SLR-106FR

Vector AKM (7.62x39)

Vector AMD-65 (7.62x39)

Arsenal Inc. SLR-106FR (5.56x45 NATO)

Ruger 10/22 (22.LR)

[edit on 16-12-2006 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i believe in the kiss method....Keep It Simple Stupid.

one colt ar15, one browning 9mm, one mossberg 12 gauge, one s&w 357/38, one marlin 30/30, and one .22 rifle. the only reason i have two pistols is that i love the automatic, but the revolver is more reliable in an EOTWAWKI situation. i have two rifles because the .223 is not well suited for hunting, but is well suited for a high volume of rounds when needed.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Err ... are you planning on starting a war?

Unless you need to defend a large and not hidden structure, or joining up with a marauding gang, then it seems like a bit of overkill to even have such an arsenal. A good hunting weapon that doubles as a defense weapon is all you need. A side arm as an extra is good but major assault weapons...I plan on being far away from your type when survival is at stake.

In a war situation, you will need troops. A small group will probably lead to a bigger group coming to get you. Having an arsenal is asking for trouble unless you are in Iraq.

In a survival situation, being discrete, is far better than blasting away till someone bigger comes along. And they will come.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

In a survival situation, being discrete, is far better than blasting away till someone bigger comes along. And they will come.

I agree But they are still fun to have around. I can't carry the kids around in my two seater Porsche but I still keep them around anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Err ... are you planning on starting a war?

Unless you need to defend a large and not hidden structure, or joining up with a marauding gang, then it seems like a bit of overkill to even have such an arsenal. A good hunting weapon that doubles as a defense weapon is all you need. A side arm as an extra is good but major assault weapons...I plan on being far away from your type when survival is at stake.

Is this a major assault weapon?

Fyi heres a site, if ya want "hunting rifles" www.raacfirearms.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Impressive Arsenal Cole.

The more weapons you have stockpiled, the better.

I would make sure I had a good amount of ammo stockpiled as well. Ammo crates are good for this.

I am somewhat hesitant to reveal the extent of my personal arsenal,

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Impressive Arsenal Cole.

The more weapons you have stockpiled, the better.

I would make sure I had a good amount of ammo stockpiled as well. Ammo crates are good for this.

I am somewhat hesitant to reveal the extent of my personal arsenal,

Heh yeah which is one of the main ressons i just got the 5.56 ak, i figure if i run out of the 7.62x39 ammo, i prolly wont find much laying around anywhere, whereas the 5.56 my chances are much greater of resupply..

Heh im looking at adding a sagia 12, to the collection here in the next month or so, nothing better then a 12gauge AK =P
also a glock 19.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As of right now i have:

Mak-90(8-30 round and two 5 round magazines)
Winchester defender 12 gauge
Ruger p-97 9mm
Ruger Redhawk .44 mag
Mosin-nagant M91-30(WW II era)
German mauser K98(also WWII era)
I really want a Fal or an Springfield but cant seem to afford one yet.308 is where it's at for a MBR.
I love my AK but it's all but useless out past 300 yards.But for anything up close and personal an AK is my weapon of choice.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a 12 guage (mossberg 500 tactical), AK-47, SKS, 45, 9mm, 357 revolver, 357 marlin rifle, 38 s&w, .22 rifle, .243 rifle, .380 pistol, 500 s&w mag, .22 pistol.

Nice huh?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
alright, you all have twisted my arm.

Long guns:
AR-15
SKS
lever action .357 winchester rifle
2 Ruger 10/22s
Assortment of 12 ga. shotguns

Pistols:
2 .380 pistols
1 .38
2 .45
4 .357

Not alot, but I have made sure there is enough ammo for any emergency situation that might arise.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What d'ya need?

I like my savage 99 lever action .308, with an old weaver scope i can trust in cold weather. It's what I would be using to fill the pot.

That with a 44 revolver is what you'd meet me carrying, walking through a field.

Bird season brings out the savage 12 gauge pump.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Numerous Airguns in calibers up to .375

More rimfire rifles and a pistol

.410 Mossberg Defender

CZ-52 pistol in 7.62x25, excellent round for hunting game out to 40 yards when loaded with hollowpoint,soft-nosed or lead bullets. FMJ bullets will defeat most kevlar vests.

.380 ACP Llama for concealed carry

Scoped Milsurp bolt action rifles in several calibers(6.5 x55mm Swedish is my favorite).

Customized SKS for blasting away at bad guys

Needless to say, I plan on sheltering in place. I live near a major urban area but have a nearby retreat that has natural water source on it that is setup for bugging out and retirement.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by crgintx]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ya'll got repair kit for your weapons? Know how to break'em down for repair?
Extra mags? Mag kits? Tools to fix repairs?

Roper

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Excellent point.

With all of the emphasis placed on firepower and accuracy, in reality, simplicity, ruggedness and reliability should probably be at the top of the list when choosing an end-of-civilization firearm. Its probably not a good thing if its picky about ammo or if a little dirt will easily cause it to jam, either. You need to know how to maintain and repair any firearm in such a scenario and have the parts necessary to do so.

I'll take it a step further, though. I'd also try to have identical backup firearms in storage.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Absolutely. I also own a minilathe and mini mill. Firearms are much easier to repair than you might think. Find or making good wire and spring steel to make springs is usually the hardest tasks. I was a Munitions Systems Technician in the USAF for 20 years and am fairly accomplished amateur machinist.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
see, that is my personal drawback. i am an excellent marksman, and take excellent care of my firearms, but i know very little about repair. can anybody recommend good reading material to have around in the event that i have to repair my own weapons?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I recommend the Gunsmiths Kinks series of books. Brownells carries them and they cane be found used on many internet book selling sites. DVD's are also available form:

www.americangunsmith.com...

HTH

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
1-9mm sidearm for me
2-22LR autoloaders sidearm one for each kid
1-357 revolver sidearm for the wife
1-303 british snyper rifle WW2 vintage old but trusty. yes I know ammo is hard to find but its a family hand me down.
1-20 guage pump
1-410 bolt action
4-10/22 rugers
1-Mini 14
1-30-06

3-compound bows
1-recurve bow
To many knifes to count. Each family member has atleast 2 knifes to carry plus a few extra in each BOB and BOV.
Dads rule is dont go out in the woods with less then 2 knifes. Main one and a back-up I learned that in BSA

We also have enough ammo for each firearm and enough arrows to survive a short siege.

Ive seen bigger and better arsanals but Every gun I have excerpt for the side arms are used for hunting. Normally I try to get gear that can pull double duty.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
Find or making good wire and spring steel to make springs is usually the hardest tasks.

Dunno about wire, but cars, specifically have pretty good amounts of spring steel in them. Think about it- every tire is hung on how many pounds of the stuff? Leaf springs can probably be mutilated pretty good for that purpose. Just a thought- I'm a crunchie, not an engineer.

DE

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I recommend the Gunsmiths Kinks series of books. Brownells carries them and they cane be found used on many internet book selling sites. DVD's are also available form:

www.americangunsmith.com...

HTH

hey, thanks for the info crg.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join