It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Arsenal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I own mainly pistols, and a couple other doodads.

FN Fiveseven (just bought this fall)
CZ TT .40S&W
H&K USP .45
FN-P 9mm

Sako 75 Varmint .308
Baretta Silver Pigeon 12 Gauge

I recently ordered an H&K G36. I've been lusting after one for about 3 years now. I was happy to find one for just under 4k. I should be getting it in late January.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Originally posted by crgintx
Find or making good wire and spring steel to make springs is usually the hardest tasks.

Dunno about wire, but cars, specifically have pretty good amounts of spring steel in them. Think about it- every tire is hung on how many pounds of the stuff? Leaf springs can probably be mutilated pretty good for that purpose. Just a thought- I'm a crunchie, not an engineer.

DE

Car leaf spring is good for making knives and such but will need much work to make it suitable for v-springs in firearms. I dug out my Kinks books and they recommend using piano wire for coil springs. One of my next skills that I want to learn is how to temper steel.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You temper steel by heating it up and dipping it in oil.

You need a special GM made tool remove the bolts that hold a fuel pump on some early 90's GM pickups. It is a wrench at an angle, to fit around other components.

We used to take an appropriate sized metric wrench, and heat it with a torch, then bend it in a vise. While still orangey hot, drop in a bucket of waste oil.

The bend was stronger than the rest of the wrench, which was merely drop-forged.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just one question really, what happens when they come to take your guns away. I think one more school shooting should do the trick, what happens then?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
glad you asked.

The current estimate is that if all domestic arms production ceased in the USA, American consumers would still have enough ammo at current rates of usage to last for about 40 years!

There is a thread on this forum for hiding a cache. See my post there for my plans for dealing with confiscation.

Seizing guns would precipitate the sort of crisis most posters here envision.

And the "creep slowly" method has actually been a defeat for the gun control crowd. In most of the US (especially the west) you have MORE rights now than you did 10 years ago.

The Texas Constitution specifically forbids the registration of firearms, and reserves the rights of concealed carry license-holders to buy and sell firearms at their pleasure.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nvr gonna happen! You try to take away the foundation of this country and this country will find itself replacing its government

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hrm, I guess I might as well chime in with my own gear list

Remmingon 710 in 30-06
Marlin Model 336 in 30-30
Winchester Ranger 20ga
Beretta 92FS 9mm
S&W .38 revolver
S&W AirLitePD model 4040
and a unknown .22

and hopefully in the next month a S&W AR-15 will be added to the collection to round it out.

And unless the 2nd Amendment is removed or otherwise mutilated by congress they won't be coming for anyones guns, but hey if they do thats their own fault for being that stupid in the first place.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Ya'll got repair kit for your weapons? Know how to break'em down for repair?
Extra mags? Mag kits? Tools to fix repairs?

Roper

Repair kits?I buy Rugers and Ak's. I dont need any "repair" kits!
But seriously,i keep plenty of spare parts around.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

You temper steel by heating it up and dipping it in oil.

Tempering steel for spring requires more the just dropping them into oil. The steel must be heated to the right temperature(annealing) to soften in up and then tempered at just the right rate to get the right tensile strength. If done incorrectly, you'll end up with a stiff brittle spring that won't last very many cycles.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Aren't you guys a little worried about mentioning what you have on a forum? Maybe I'm just too paranoid?
Just curious if any of you have any concerns?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Aren't you guys a little worried about mentioning what you have on a forum? Maybe I'm just too paranoid?
Just curious if any of you have any concerns?

If you were truely paranoid, you would know, that legaly or not, the Gman already knows what we all have, so it doesnt matter rather we announce it or not =P

And if not, they can do what my title says, or atleast try =P

[edit on 17-12-2006 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I suppose you have a good point there
I was raised not to talk too much, so I'll just zip it

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If I had anything illegal I would be worried but I obay the laws of my country and state all my guns were bought the right way so the man has no reason to come down on me.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Plus, it's the net. how many of these posters are accurate?

Some of them probably are.

Others are just bragging or daydreaming.

Some may be put there to spin a web of deceit the likes of which the poor hapless datamining bots at the NSA will never be able to quickly penetrate.

heck, if there were some kind of underground movement, they might have one of their agents post specific things in a forum like this, as a "canary in a coal mine," to see if any federal agents will hit on it, and run a background or ISP checkup on the people here. That would be a great gauge of the govt's interest in certain areas.

Nah. that'd be ridiculously paranoid.

wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Talking about weapons in this way strikes the same chord in me as when I see people flashing their weapons on the street, or in pool halls, or at the club. It's pointless, and I can't think of a single good reason to do it.

If anyone sees my weapon(s), you can be fairly sure that something nasty is about to happen. It's not a toy, it's a tool for serious business. Serious business, IMO, calls for a serious attitude.

I've seen people pass their guns around at parties, show them off in public places - it's assinine behavior that serves no purpose. Obviously this thread isn't nearly as bad as all that, but I think it's part and parcel of the mentality that makes that extreme behavior possible.

No offense to the person who started this thread or the folks who replied to it, but I thought I should say something because it's a trend I'm seeing, and it flies in the face of the way I was raised.

My dad had guns when I was growing up. He cleaned them privately, never showed them off to anyone, for any reason, and generally treated them with the respect an instrument of death deserves. That's where I learned how to act.

Again, no offense intended, I just thought I ought to say something.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wyrderone, in the UK you get locked up for flashing your weapon on the streets.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
wyrde, while i agree with the stupidity of passing around weapons at parties like some kind of status symbol, i have to disagree about discussing them on this forum. this is a place for novices to discuss with experts about what they have, what they need, and how to take care of them. you cant do that anyplace else without exacting a fee of some kind.

besides, for some people firearms are both a tool of preparedness, and a hobby. it is relaxing after a long day at work to go to the range (before we had our 3 month old boy....now i'm lucky if i go once a month), and work on my accuracy and talk shop with others of like minds...afterall, how can we be prepared when we need them if we dont practice and discuss issues that may arise?

so yes, this is the perfect venue, IMHO, for show and tell.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
A tool is just that a tool. A tool cant of its own accord get up and kill and or hurt somebody, it needs a human to use it. A tool used in the wrong way is a bad thing no matter the tool. Guns are just a tool, neither good or bad in and of themselves. mechanics talk tools all the time carpenters talk tools all the time. We've talked sleeping bags backpacks knifes. all tools of the Preparedness trade. I hate the expression but its a true one just over used. Guns don't kill people, people kill people

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Against my better judgment, these are the ones I'll actually claim and declare...

Hunting/Sporting Rifles:
Win. Model 94 - .38-55
Marlin 1894CL - .32-20
Marlin 336W - .30-30 w/optics
Win. 94 - .25-35 w/optics
Win. Mod. 70 - .270 w/optics
Rem. 700BDL -.25-06 w/optics
CZ 527 American - .22 Hornet
Marlin 982VS - .22 Mag. w/optics
Ruger 10/22 - .22LR w/optics
Marlin Mod. 60 - .22LR

Military Type, Curios and Relics:
Yugo M48A - 8mm
Jap. T-99 - 7.7mm Jap.
Enfield No. 4, Mk. I - .303 Brit (two)
Russian M90/31 - 7.62x54R
Spanish FR-8 - 7.62 NATO
Russian SKS - 7.62x39mm
Swiss K31 - 7.5mm Swiss
French M36 MAS - 7.5mm French
Italian M-91 Carbine - 6.5mm Carcano
Romanian AK-74 - 5.45x39mm

Shotguns:
Remington Mod. 11-87 - 12 ga.

Pistols:
Colt Gov. Mod. Ser. 80 - .45ACP
Bulagrian Makarov - 9mm Mak.
Russian M95 Nagant - 7.62x38R
Polish TT-33 Tokarev - 7.62x25mm
Beretta Mod. 21A - .25 ACP

I'm intimately familiar with each, and willing to use if the need arises.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My goodness wish i have that much arson...haha.. All i have is an M14 with a heavy kreiger barrel.. i also did some bedding on my stock around the trigger group... I'm thinking about getting a sidearm at the next gun show.. which is next month

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join