It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Arsenal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

A Barnett slingshot (and a few spare elastics) for starters (i'd also recommend as a projectile weapon for those who love their firearms too just in case you run out of ammo)...silent, powerful enough to kill small/medium game if you practice target-shooting enough to get headshots with a marble at 50-100yds and as long as your projectile is 'roughly aerodynamic' you can use anything from pebbles to metal screw-bolts to marbles and dud bullets

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

At the moment I do not own any firearms. I do have a survival knife and survival camping shovel...

Luckily Arizona does not have gun licensing so I can pickup a weapon when I need to...Aside from a concealed weapon. That needs a permit

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Helllllo Arizona,
I live in Tombstone sorta a ways outside of actualy.
I love a right to carry state. Although I have to admit it took some adjustment to get used to seeinbg folks walking around with a holsterd pistola on thier belt.
Now that i'm acclimated I can't think of a better way to deter trouble. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Originally posted by crgintx
Find or making good wire and spring steel to make springs is usually the hardest tasks.

Dunno about wire, but cars, specifically have pretty good amounts of spring steel in them. Think about it- every tire is hung on how many pounds of the stuff? Leaf springs can probably be mutilated pretty good for that purpose. Just a thought- I'm a crunchie, not an engineer.

DE

We used to make Homemade crossbows using Cars leaf springs. Talk about power. It would wad up a aluminum shaft arrow when fired ,so you had to use wood shaft arrows.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
We used to make Homemade crossbows using Cars leaf springs. Talk about power. It would wad up a aluminum shaft arrow when fired ,so you had to use wood shaft arrows.

Dyou have any drawings or plans on your car-leaf-sprung crossbows? I've often wondered what kind of power such a device would have...more on the scale of a Ballista rather than portable x-bow I would have thought

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have no firearms, those I did have are long gone. No bows or mace either, and the only hammer I have is a rubber mallet.
I also always drive sober and at the posted limit, never read or post anything remotely subversive or against any current political leader or position, and greatfully submit to any request by any officer of any enforcement/investigative/other department.

NOT!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My arsenal includes.......

Oh wait, I forgot I have 0 guns. Just a steak knife or 2.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh and I just wanted to add, I love the BATFE, and the Bush administration, and what ever administration that is elected by the people of this great country. Owning guns is completely unneeded in these times of total safety, and protection by Big Brother.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
the .223 is not well suited for hunting

I always scratch my head when I hear people say this.

I have been hunting with a .223 (Ruger Mini 14) for many years.

If the .223 round is the prefered round of NATO to kill people, what makes anyone think you can't easily drop big game with it? It is all about using the proper round and practice.

Although for moose or caribou you probably would want a bigger round.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My thoughts tend to run in the same vein as TinHatMan. I chose the Hi-point 995 carbine and the C9 pistol as the foundation of my TEOWAWKI arsenal. My primary goal was to select two weapons that every member of my family could use. Most of my long guns and large calibre pistols were unsuitable do to their length of pull. Shorter individuals have a really tough time with most standard size rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

Although inexpensive weapons, they're 100% reliable, simple in construction, the magazines are interchangeble, and the 9mm round is readily available and of a NATO calibre. You can pickup the pair for under $300 which should fit in with anybody's budget.

In additon to these two guns, a Henry U.S Survival rife in .22 calibre rounds out my survival arsenal nicely. It breaks down into an easily stowed package, and the ammunition is light, plentiful, and cheap.

Just add a good survival knife, a manageable sized BOB, and you should be good to go on a moments notice.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I've done the same thing with a CX4 and Beretta 92. Interchangeable mags, cheap readily available ammo and everyone, man, woman and child can shoot them well.

Plus, the smaller and lighter the arms the more ammo I can carry out with me should I need to abandon my home.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, if we are going to be invaded by Aliens, and Reptillian likes, as seems to be running through these threads, I can't say there is anything in your stockpile that will be of any good.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The CX4 and the model 92 are both excellent choices. I considered the same combo, but my finances at the time wouldn't permit it, so I went with my second best choice which were the Hi-Points.

Another thing I forgot to mention is to stock up on ammo. You should have at least 1,000 rounds for each rifle, and a mininimum of 200 for each handgun. As for the .22, it's cheap ($10 for 550 rounds at Wal Mart), so stock up as much as you can.

A .22 rifle is more than adequate to feed your family, and a in a tight spot can double as a defensive weapon. Realistically, nobody wants to get shot, even by a .22! In a EOTWAWKI scenario with limited healthcare available, even a small cut could be deadly.

The name of the game is survival not War. Your best weapon is your brain. Keep things as simple as possible, keep things light, avoid unnecessary contact with other groups, prepare to be mobile at a moments notice, and pray that you haven't overlooked any critical details.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Here's mine... Simple, funtional and one for every occassion.

I have a Mossberg 590A1-mil 12 guage tactical shotty with a Knoxx Specops stock and Hogue Grip and forend. Here is a picture however the stock and forend are modified with the Knoxx Industries system... pictured here. I seriously recommend this for anyone with a shotty.

Another of my babies is the Sig 556. I LOVE this rifle. I know, I know... it's not a 7.62 but it is NATO 5.56 and can chamber a standard .223 round as well. FANTASTIC for survival situations due to it's a.) range, b.) versatility of rounds and over-all availability of ammo and c.) accuracy.

And finally, I have a Sig P239 as my sidearm. I purchased it chambered for the .40 S&W. I'm not a 9mm fan and .357 just didn't tickle me. It's got nite sites, is nice and compact and it has rounded features for easy CCW - it won't snag the holster when drawing from a concealed location. The only downside is that the barrel is shorter than it's cousin the P229 which costs a bit in accuracy - so I'm told but I haven't noticed it. Perfectly balanced and incredible recovery!

So, there you go - a CQB weapon in the shotty. A ranged weapon in the Sig 556 and a personal defense weapon in the Sig 239. I think I have my bases pretty well covered.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by snafu7700
the .223 is not well suited for hunting

I always scratch my head when I hear people say this.

I have been hunting with a .223 (Ruger Mini 14) for many years.

If the .223 round is the prefered round of NATO to kill people, what makes anyone think you can't easily drop big game with it? It is all about using the proper round and practice.

Although for moose or caribou you probably would want a bigger round.

Its called humane killing when hunting, not fire, wound, then track for 4 hours before the food dies. I can tell you don't "really hunt". Ever tried to drop an elk with a 223 humanely at 300+ yards with iron sights? NOT! Aint gonna happen for 99.9999999999999999999999999% of people. Your above statement reflects alot on lack of experience.

Take care,

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I dont have any guns, but I do have 4 swords, 3 of which are cheap versions of samurai swords, 2 that are swords and the 3rd is a tanto blade. The 4th sword is an actual ninja sword. I have been practicing with all of the swords. I also have a combat knife and several throwing knives. I prefer the silent weapons where stealth is key in some situations but as far as guns go, for close quarter battles I would use the MP5 9(silenced of course lol.) secondary gun would be the Glock, and for long range sniping I would love to get my hands on a Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle with a night vision and thermal scope. But thats just me lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sorry folks due to the present political and economic instability and the possibility of greater gun control laws . I can not confirm nor deny that I have any weapons at all better safe than sorry . I do have a couple of knives and a large folding pocket knife I can disclose since I don't live in the UK . And haven't heard of any US rumors of knife control .

If things get as bad as some people are envisioning it I don't want any one to know if there us or isn't a firearm behind my locked door

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My arsenal?

Its whatever I have tools to hand and ideas to mind at the time...intruders be VERY aware...i'm waiting to test my latest ideas on you!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My arsenal currently (it has been quite extensive in the past)

1. My brain -- decent tool
2. Skills & training
3. Drawknives, files, tin snips, sheet steel, case of duct tape -- for fabricating bows, arrows, and the duct tape is excellent for three-point fletching. Tin snips and steel for both caltrops and broadhead making.
4. Bronze-coated steel guitar strings. -- excellent for traps, snares
5. Knowledge, chemistry in particular. I keep several bottles of sulfur, saltpeter, iodine, anhydrous ammonia. I know how to distill systemic poisons from indiginous creatures. 'nuff said. (see #14)
6. Nylon cordage, bowstrings, and surgical tubing. = kinetic energy propellant.
7. Nightvision and 123 batteries -- long term batteries. I like to see.
8. Land and knowledge of rock holes, deadfalls and caves.
9. supplies, caches, water storage. I can wait a LONG time.
10. airpowered speargun and seveal 1/4" steel punches. oo-rah
11. flat profile kayak, wetsuit, scuba
12. strength of spirit, compassion, guile, stealth
13. coconut trebuchet (although I freely admit, it's most effective against wild roosters)
14. Several lengths of 1" PVC piping. Think 4th of July. Also, blowgun. pffffft.!

These are things that a former marksman who can no longer legally posess the tools of his trade, chooses to play with. I consider it my civic and personal duty to become proficcient with whatever I can make available to myself. If we are beseiged, we WILL fall, but we will not sell our lives cheaply.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
13. coconut trebuchet

now THAT is something I gotta see!

medieval weapons? lets party like its 1399!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join