It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decided it was time to buy an AK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I must be really out of the loop. I Have no idea who Penn and Teller are. Obviouisly I dont watch that much television especially on the shifts I am working.

PLease clue me in as to the identity these people.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nice. I'm about to buy a Yugo M70 with fixed stock, 4 mags and around 2000 rounds. If anyone wants to screw with me, domestic or foreign, I'll be ready.

Those of you who are peace loving hippies can have your say, but when it comes down to it, I would rather have a gun in my hand if the need arises than only my fists. I am sure you would agree once your face to face with someone who has a gun pointing at you, and you are only left with your flesh and bones as defense.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Mindzi]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I'll second your well written post. ...

Thank you for those kind words, Tom. I'd like to follow up on your next post, as well.

I carried an M-16 in the Viet Nam war... Yes, we lost... But not through want of trying on the part of the troops in the trenches, as it were. I traded my M-16 for an AK-47, as soon as I could, because it was a superior firearm, in my then considered opinion, among other reasons. Having to do it over again, and having a real choice, I would have opted for the M-14.

I like the idea of people out there who are not in the United States, who can sit at their keyboards, post pics of Bush looking like Hitler, make obvious, limited education, remarks in a nasty way, then wonder why people laugh at them. People who sit behind their tv, and then transfer to the keyboard are a pretty sorry lot to be castigating anyone ... for any reason.

Killing is not something that anyone who is of a minimal intelligence takes lightly, but ... If I had to, I'd be prepared to go back at it.

There are many folks out here, like me, who have ridden the tiger, and have a respect for the capabilities of the human being, and the weapon. We are not, as some numb-brain types perceive us, wild-eyed, kill-crazed psychopaths. However, as someone else stated above both of us, if you find that you desperately need a gun, that's not a good time to try and go buy one.

I have a relatively high ranking Black belt in a particularly mean system of fighting, but I still have the firearms. And ... Would, if needs be, not hesitate to use any or all of them.

The world may ... or may not ... devolve to a point where we, in the blood thirsty, US of A ever need weapons to change governments, prevent an invasion, prevent an incursion into our homes on an individual level. However, our "Beloved" government, knowing full well that there are tons of us out here who will not tolerate very much of "Man's inhumanity to man", keeps a weather eye on just how far they can and will go. People like Mr. Canada have to remember that, on the bottom line, the government only goes so far as the people let it. In other words, "Unarmed people are subjects. Armed people are citizens."

I kind of like being a citizen.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You have voted Singung86 Way Above Top Secret. You have two more votes left this month.

excellent post. I liked the last part about being a citizen. I'm 17, waiting to turn 18 to apply for my gun license. Already have a bow, and I'm getting an Air Rifle next month most likely. I'll probably buy a shotgun as my first gun, then I don't know from there.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity -- why an AK? It really is a poor choice for a personal defense weapon, and is an outdated design for assault rifles.

If you just want one to complete your collection, fine, but the AK is not a very practical weapon for personal use.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Just out of curiosity -- why an AK? It really is a poor choice for a personal defense weapon, and is an outdated design for assault rifles.

If you just want one to complete your collection, fine, but the AK is not a very practical weapon for personal use.

The price of an AK is cheap and the rifle is generally pretty rugged. Between those two things you can get yourself into the assult weapons world without breaking the bank.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would like an AK-47 but I'll have to stick to my Mossberg 12 gauge for now. If you want to see a Gun you would die for...google search the AA-12 Fully automatic Shotgun

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I dont think this kind of tread will help american reputation!
I mean WOW! you have a big gun and so what?
Im from Canada and im happy not to live in a crazy country where people worship war and guns!
Common give that money to some charity organization instead!
I mean no disrespect but i hope im not the only one that dont understand?

and by the way,we have damn good hunters here that dont need an automatic rifle to kill someone spending hundreds of shells, just one sniping shot between the eyes and youll never know where it came from...

Sorry but i think this thing is not really helping peace and goodness

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kraggen
I dont think this kind of tread will help american reputation!
I mean WOW! you have a big gun and so what?
Im from Canada and im happy not to live in a crazy country where people worship war and guns!
Common give that money to some charity organization instead!
I mean no disrespect but i hope im not the only one that dont understand?

and by the way,we have damn good hunters here that dont need an automatic rifle to kill someone spending hundreds of shells, just one sniping shot between the eyes and youll never know where it came from...

Sorry but i think this thing is not really helping peace and goodness

The Best part about being American? Not really giving a damn what the rest of the world thinks. Not everyone can understand our love of freedom and our paranioa of government. It just so turns out that not all of us want to be sheeple

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
sorry but I think a shotgun would world better then a sniper at 15 feet when some one breaks into your home and have a knife.

I'll keep those pointless killing machines so we ensure these people have the right to run charities and have the right to critize these gun owners.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
sorry but I think a shotgun would world better then a sniper at 15 feet when some one breaks into your home and have a knife.

I'll keep those pointless killing machines so we ensure these people have the right to run charities and have the right to critize these gun owners.

Shotguns definatly have their use, I own two of them and a nice sawwed off shotgun is ideal for indoors. In a house i would use buckshot in my apartment i kept birdshot because the walls were so thin that i was afraid of killing my neighbors if i ever shot any buckshot inside. Also a pistol is ideal for indoors protection. The AK isn't really good indoors but outside in rough it is a nice rifle to have.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well here in NJ I don't believe we are even allowed to have weapons like ak-47's. Which is why I plan to move out of this state when I can. It might be we can't buy them in jersey or what. But all I know is this is a poor state to be a gun owner in.

I will definately be a multiple gun owners once I get my license and start to have a collection.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Well here in NJ I don't believe we are even allowed to have weapons like ak-47's. Which is why I plan to move out of this state when I can. It might be we can't buy them in jersey or what. But all I know is this is a poor state to be a gun owner in.

I will definately be a multiple gun owners once I get my license and start to have a collection.

Yeah I have a buddy that lives in NJ and i feel for you guys, you can only hunt with shotguns (i may be wrong) but don't you guys even have to get a permit to own a shotgun? Not good at all. You need more of an NRA presence in your state.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You guys lack so much confidence that you need a gun to feel good...

...And you are the ones supposed to bring peace to the world?
What do you think the people that you are freeing are thinking when they those treads?
Im not against americans,but i think that soon your country will look like Iraq or Somalia and then you will look up north and ask yourself why is it still a decent place to live?

It makes me sad to see this and it KILLS my hopes to see a better world...
Im conscient that it wont change your minds and that you dont give a **** but at least i tried....

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
Yeah I have a buddy that lives in NJ and i feel for you guys, you can only hunt with shotguns (i may be wrong) but don't you guys even have to get a permit to own a shotgun? Not good at all. You need more of an NRA presence in your state.

Yea well if black powder rifle counts, we have that too I believe. We cant use rifles though. I think its shotgun season, black powder, and bow.

you need to have your guns all registered and such. My block is full of hunters and gun owners though, and you get the idea. I wont say anything on a public forum that would be incriminating so I will leave it at that.

What I do know is its nice to have a state like pennsylvania right to the west where you can pretty much get whatever you need and not need to register it(not including handguns. Handguns you need to get registered even in PA.) But they got a nice selection over there so we usually take a ride to Cabelas in PA when we need stuff.

For the other guy that said something that we need guns for confidence, your ignorant. Dont think I couldn't find a better word to put there. There is no reason why I SHOULDN'T be allowed to have a gun. To me its entertaining, takes practice to be good, and can save my ass in the event I need to survive if something happens. If I was stranded with a shotgun and you were stranded with a shotgun, guess whos gunna survive longer most likely? Its called Independence. If I have to, I can survive under harsh conditions. You wouldn't know left from right when it would come to surviving if needed. Independence is something to be proud of, which I am.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Survive? you would probably get killed by another guy like you!...or worst
you are not invincible cause you have a gun especially if everybody has the same gun

Survive? I dont thing an AK would do a good job for hunting deer,rabbits or birds

Maybe you know a lot about guns but you know nothing about surviving...
Im not sure a gun is helpful in a nuclear winter or asteroid impact, volcano or whatever catastrophe.

I dont think a gun would help you against bird flu or famine either...
yeah call me ignorant...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You guys lack so much confidence that you need a gun to feel good...

...And you are the ones supposed to bring peace to the world?
What do you think the people that you are freeing are thinking when they those treads?
Im not against americans,but i think that soon your country will look like Iraq or Somalia and then you will look up north and ask yourself why is it still a decent place to live?

It makes me sad to see this and it KILLS my hopes to see a better world...
Im conscient that it wont change your minds and that you dont give a **** but at least i tried....

Well i totaly and utterly disagree with you, but I respect your opinion. Another great perk to being American, and I thank you for not being to insulting in expressing yourself. I do wish however you could meet some of the Gun toting americans in my community I think if you got to know some of us personally and seen that we really aren't crazy we just believe in checks and balances and for some Guns are a sport. If you had that opportunity i think your outlook might be a bit different.

grimreaper797 thanks for the kind words of my favorite state, as I live in PA
. The only state i've found better for getting guns is Florida. I lived their for two years and they have as many gun stores and ranges as they do churches. I'm exagerating of course but they have a lot. Unfortunatly where i live in PA there are no indoor ranges where i can rent various guns to try and test out like they do in Florida.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In saying that, i never thought that gun owners are crazy,i just try to make you guys see things in a different way,i know a lot of people here that owns rifles.But they are not so negative about it

ex:i have a gun in case there is a civil war
ex:i have a gun in case somone breaks into my home..ect

I just think you give too much importance on it and that its not really helping the human evolution

Its just dont feel right you know...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Survive? you would probably get killed by another guy like you!...or worst
you are not invincible cause you have a gun especially if everybody has the same gun

probably not. A majority of legal gun owners aren't nut cases foaming at the mouth to take a shot at the first human being they can. I never said I was invinsible.

Survive? I dont thing an AK would do a good job for hunting deer,rabbits or birds

Well then you dont know much about the AK. You can hunt with an AK. Just because it was made by the russians for war doesn't mean it can't be used for other purposes if needed. Now birds obviously its not effective because there would be nothing left of the bird.

Maybe you know a lot about guns but you know nothing about surviving...
Im not sure a gun is helpful in a nuclear winter or asteroid impact, volcano or whatever catastrophe.

See, you better tuck in your ignorance, its showing again. When a catastrophe happens, unless its an asteroid impact, or something that is definately sure to end the entire world (nuclear winter would have to have soooo many nukes to be fired), a gun or bow would be essential to survive.

If it were a completely world ending disaster, your screw just like me. Then it doesn't matter anyway.

I dont think a gun would help you against bird flu or famine either...
yeah call me ignorant...

A famine it would because unlike the people who were dependent on the stores for food, I can go out into the woods and such and find something to kill for food. You would be waiting in line at the store for your half loaf ration of bread. Good luck. As for bird flu or any other disease, if the meat is infested, Ill go fish my food, cause I can do that too.

Plus I was a boyscout and go camping often using just the bare essentials so I know how.

As for you, good luck getting food without a gun if there is a famine or something happens where you can't get food from the store.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd rather be prepared for the worst then dead for being naive. Some people out there are greedy, crazy, or just full of hate. They may want your money, your wife (I dont need to say anything further for that), or just to kill you for fun.

Some people want to use you for labor and make you worthless while they get rich off you. If this country ends up turning into what we fought against, then I will be happy to fight to regain its old roots.

You may see guns as pointless in the human evolution, but evolution occurs to survive, not to be nice. When there are gun totting criminals out there, evolution and love wont keep you alive. Whos left then? The criminals. Thats why its nice to love and believe the world can become a better place, but at the same time, those cold hearted criminals will do whatever they have to do, gun or not.

I will have a loving family, pay my taxes, help those I can. But god forbid a killer try to harm my family or me, there won't be hesitation on my part.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join