Decided it was time to buy an AK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
With an "assault weapon" ban highly likely if not certain next year, I decided to bring forward my purchase schedule and pick up my first AK this weekend.

A visit to the local gun show here in Phoenix revealed some interesting price variations, but when I negotiated a $200 deal (list was $695) on a new Arsenal SA M-7 in 7.62x39 which included the trade of a nasty Iver Johnson M1 Carbine and an even nastier Yugo 59/66A1 whch I had modified, I snatched their hand off.

The gun is pure quality (for an AK) with a milled receiver, black plastic AK-103 style furniture and chromed chamber/barrel. It came with one Bulgarian waffle mag which are the best out there, and I'm expecting 3 -4 MoA at the range which is good for an AK which can run 6 MoA typically. Arsenals arguably make the finest AKs in the World, or at least they did before they switched to stamped receivers.

I have a sizeable stash of 7.62 short, and I intend to go out next weekend and waste some sand dunes. Ahhh, God Bless an Arizona winter, 62 degrees, perfect shooting weather
I am truly in paradise.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
hahahahaha

it's time for someone on this forum to join to terrorist organizations.

starting by arming themselves with the AKs,

the pride of the hord!!!

don't forget to take a pic with you get it, I've seen AKs in pure black, they look AWSOMEEEEE

[edit on 12/2/2006 by warset]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We have them at local gun stores here in Western NC too. I think they were between 200-300 dollars, Romanian made with folding stocks and 30 rd mags. I'm very interested, but I have no real need for one here, it would just be cool to have something like that. I will join the AK club soon too!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
hahahahaha

it's time for someone on this forum to join to terrorist organizations.

starting by arming themselves with the AKs,

the pride of the hord!!!

don't forget to take a pic with you get it, I've seen AKs in pure black, they look AWSOMEEEEE

[edit on 12/2/2006 by warset]

I have several weapons.

- .357 Magnum
- Remington 870 Express Magnum
- Bushmaster AR-15 .223
- Norinko SKS

I would also like to purchase an AK-47, and miscellaneous large caliber rifles... even this....

www.biggerhammer.net...

Does that make me a terrorist?

[edit on 12/2/2006 by Infoholic]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I also will soon be in the market for an AK47 saving my money up as we speak.

Also don't get the bolt action barret when the semi automatic would be so much more fun.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice

*drool* *drool*

Nice Rifle!!

I'd like to have one of there (pardon the pun)... .50 cal nuke - hahahaha

seriously... I'd love to have THIS (yes, the semi-auto type)

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
NO FAIR!

how come the americans get to buy guns when us canadians only get to keep knives!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
NO FAIR!

how come the americans get to buy guns when us canadians only get to keep knives!!!!!!

It's so that when we finally invade you guys it will be like a warm knife going through butter!

But seriously, I've really been contemplating getting a gun. I'm a virgin as far as guns go but I think its about time I join the club. There's a nice shooting range in my hometown, so I plan on taking safety and shooting courses before I actually make a purchase. But eventually, and hopefully before the ban returns, I would like to have an AK in my arsenal!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Good for you! I dont think their will be a full assault weapons ban, maybe a reinstatement of the brady bil, but no all out assault weapons ban.

I bought myself a Norinco SKS earlier this year.

AK will be next on my list.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Retseh Arsenal AKs are good, but nowhere near the best as far as AK clones go... Try a Finnish Sako Rk92 or Rk95 and you'll dump the arsenal at an instant
Finnish AKs can hit 1.5 MOAs regularly off the box. But arsenals give you a good quality for their price... (700€ compared to SAKOs 1800€)

Oh and don't buy Finnish mags for your rifle, they won't lock in properly. Smart desing: Russian mags work in Finnish guns, but not vice versa..

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me what the big fascination with guns is? Ok im in England and obviously we dont access to such weapons, i just dont understand what is so wonderful about these death bringers!?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
No para,
Guns are not death bringers, they are Liberty defenders - never forget that.

The UK has been stripped of all legal weapons, and even the olympic .22 pistol shooting team have to practise in france or Switzerland...

so, as a freedom loving people, the Americans are soon gonna have to fight tyranny on their very own front doors, and to be unarmed is to be easily corralled into the pens and cages of the NWO.

An AK is fighting, and maybe dying, a free man.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
But surely if you guys didn't have access to these weapons, there would be far fewer gun related incidents or deaths in the States? Ok, i know the majority of these are due to ignorant people either mis-using them or leaving them lying around for kids to pick up etc, but if there was a gun ban, surely there would a better way to "defend your liberty" Surely it would be in everybodys best interests to take these weapons off the public market. Im not saying you dont have a right to protect yourselves, but dont other people have the right to be protected "from" these? I may seem very biased or ignorant with regard to the whole gun issue, but thats probably because i have never had access to such weapons or the need for one to protect myself. I feel confident in saying that if ever a time came when i did need to protect myself or my loved ones, i could fashion a lethal weapon/device from materials in my garage, but would never have it prepared..."just in case"

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaNana
But surely if you guys didn't have access to these weapons, there would be far fewer gun related incidents or deaths in the States? Ok, i know the majority of these are due to ignorant people either mis-using them or leaving them lying around for kids to pick up etc, but if there was a gun ban, surely there would a better way to "defend your liberty" Surely it would be in everybodys best interests to take these weapons off the public market. Im not saying you dont have a right to protect yourselves, but dont other people have the right to be protected "from" these? I may seem very biased or ignorant with regard to the whole gun issue, but thats probably because i have never had access to such weapons or the need for one to protect myself. I feel confident in saying that if ever a time came when i did need to protect myself or my loved ones, i could fashion a lethal weapon/device from materials in my garage, but would never have it prepared..."just in case"

The only purpose for banning these weapons would be to prevent the law abiding citizen from having them. Regardless to the fact we see so much criminal activity, the number of law abiding citizens outnumber the criminals. Criminals will still get the weapons on the black market.

Eventually, steps will be taken to revoke our last rights that are guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States, and when that happens, how are we going to defend ourselves against the military that is now usable on US soil? Roll over and play dead? I don't think so.

And I don't want to hear anything about being paranoid. That is the most common response from ignorant people. If what I just said was not a distinct possibility that the government has considered, then why did the government take steps to make sure they could use the military on US soil, going against Posse Comitatus.

The USA Patriot Act enables the definition(s) of terrorism (including domestic), thus enabling the guidelines set forth in the Military Commissions Act.

It's all been put in place. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Since the assault weapon and the handgun ban in the UK gun crime has actually increased

Shows just how much these poxy politician's and their 'knee jerk' reactions
have actually done to control gun crime. All it managed to do was penalise the law abiding citizen whilst criminals carried on regardless.

I'm just waiting the day that some nutter decides to go on the rampage with a shot gun giving our over bearing government the perfect excuse to ban them as well

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE; PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

MR

BTW Retseh please post pic of your new tool as it's about as close as I'll ever get to one

[edit on AMSun, 3 Dec 2006 10:49:30 -060030e by Marlborough Red]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Infoholics right I can currently by an AK47 black market for about 50 bucks U.S., with a gun ban the price will probably double but at 100 bucks that's still not taking these weapons out of the wrong hands. A gun band will take them out of the hand of good citizens. but the biggest reason to have weapons is to protect the constitution. Our government is built on checks and balances, but our forefathers knew that our democracy like every one in history would eventually become corrupt and fail. So they put in place measure to check and balance this eventuality, it's called the second amendment. Even Thomas Jefferson said their should be a revolution about once every 100 years. I think a better estimate is once every 200 to 250 years

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
my apologies if i have steered this off topic. was just curious as to the big fascination to owning a gun.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

my apologies if i have steered this off topic. was just curious as to the big fascination to owning a gun.

My experience and opinion...

it is amazing to understand the power held by one finger. Not for killing, just for fun. And it is fun, Para.

Set up a gallon milk jug (full of water) and shoot it from 50yds... watch the plastic fly!

[edit on 12/3/2006 by Infoholic]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

The UK has been stripped of all legal weapons

No it hasn't!!

Please do some basic research before you spout such falsehoods!

You may THINK that to be true but it isn't!!!

In England and Wales at the end of 2001 there were 119,560 firearm certificates on issue covering 301,000 firearms (nearly three quarters are rifles), and 577,171 shotgun certificates covering 1,307,576 shotguns. With the exception of the number of firearms covered, all these figures are lower than the previous years. One percent and just over one and a half percent, respectively, of applications for new firearm and shotgun certificates made during 2001 were refused.

In Scotland at the end of 2003 there were 26,605 firearm certificates (an increase of 1 percent on 2002) on issue covering the possession of 60,440 firearms (a decrease of 0.3 percent), and 52,421 shotgun certificates (an increase of 1 percent) covering 125,395 shotguns (an increase of 2.3 percent). For both firearm and shotgun certificates new applications were down on 2002

www.gun-control-network.org...

It took me precisely 20 seconds to find this - about as long as it took you to type your false statement

Surely you and I have discussed this exact point previously??

[edit on 3/12/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, shooting is fun. Not to mention the fact that the weapons come in handy if your house is robbed or broken into.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join