It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 'No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Yeah, the second quote was in response to the assumption that Vast New Hordes of Terrorists were being created.

And the second quote about scare-mongering can also be used in response to the assertion that leaving will lead to terrorist attacks in people's shopping malls. Because, that really is scare-mongering.

Oh by the way, what's your idea? Pull back? I'm listening.

You mean in Iraq? At this point, it's more a war of words. The Iraq War was borne out of lies and greed, but the US and coalition has a responsibility to fix the mess they started. If leaving will fix the mess, then do it, if helping the Iraqis fight the death squads will fix it, then do it.

I find the thought very abhorrent to say "the war is over there, not here, so it's good for us" when we see how much death and destruction is going on in Iraq. I don't give a # if I have never stepped foot in Iraq or know the people in depth, but it is not the Iraqi people's responsibility to die for us. It is noone's responsibility to die for America, but Americans themselves. And the way I see it now is that you have hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq who have died for OUR country. We have honored OUR troops, but when will we honor the Iraqis that have died at the hands of OUR war, people that never had that responsibility in the first place?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I did not hurl any insults. You take that back right now.

I'm not buying the reasoning that you just gave about why we can't pull out of Iraq. Just think about what you're insinuating. Hell, we could go into every country on the globe on false pretenses and then say - well, we're here for the duration because "these colors don't run". You said that like it would be some dishonorable thing to correct our course. What part of committing to a bad idea is honorable? We went in Iraq under false pretenses, we've made a living mess of the place, half the world hates us and you're going to announce that rethinking our actions means we're cowards or something?

As I said before 'that dog don't hunt'. That's not an insult. That's me saying "I can't buy that".

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, if the Democrats gain power in November let me be the first to say:

I, for one, welcome our new Muslim overlords.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Iraq is a key point in the Middle East that we can not let the Islamist take over. Try to remember that we are wanted there by some of the countries in the area because they know that they too will fall to these crazy religious leaders if the fight is not fought now. If we leave now Iran will take over Iraq, then where Saudi Arabia, Egypt? If these factions control Mid East oil then what do we all do convert to their way of thinking or else? The control of this stratigic area is very critical to what their is left of world stability and world economics. I will also say again that I feel some Democrats are directly working against our men in combat with their actions and statements.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted by valhall
I did not hurl any insults. You take that back right now.

Plleeasseee.....Don't try to deflect it now. The language in your little cartoon was meant to make me out to be some kind of backwards country hick. Maybe, like John Kerry, you think that because I'm a veteran, I'm stupid. Well, I'm smart enough to see what you were implying, and I don't appreciate it!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm the backward country hick, Him. I'm from rural Oklahoma. You can't get more country than that.

Nope, you took it wrong. And though that's unfortunate, it's not important enough to me to beg you see the error of your ways. I guess you'll just get to be offended.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted by jahmuhn
And the second quote about scare-mongering can also be used in response to the assertion that leaving will lead to terrorist attacks in people's shopping malls. Because, that really is scare-mongering.

What is so far-fetched about that? If living in the real world is scary, then I guess it's scary. Like the little analogy about car accidents. Am I scare-mongering because I say car accidents can happen?

We have honored OUR troops, but when will we honor the Iraqis that have died at the hands of OUR war, people that never had that responsibility in the first place?

No one is stopping you from starting a website, or a charity to do just that. Let me know when it's up and running and I'll support it!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Iraq is a key point in the Middle East that we can not let the Islamist take over. Try to remember that we are wanted there by some of the countries in the area because they know that they too will fall to these crazy religious leaders if the fight is not fought now. If we leave now Iran will take over Iraq, then where Saudi Arabia, Egypt? If these factions control Mid East oil then what do we all do convert to their way of thinking or else? The control of this stratigic area is very critical to what their is left of world stability and world economics. I will also say again that I feel some Democrats are directly working against our men in combat with their actions and statements.

This is the PNAC agenda. To keep one country in the region from becoming a clear leader. What I don't agree with is that it's any of our business. What I also don't agree with is your accusation against Democrats. Unless they're planting IEDs at military checkpoints in Iraq, their "actions and statements" can't possibly work directly against the troops there. By the way - insinuating that some one that opposes the war effort is doing something traitorous or treacherous against the troops - that's a PNAC tactic as well. I'm assuming you didn't know that.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The same scare tactics about leaving a war were said during the Vietnam Conflict. Yet the world did not become engulfed by totalitarian communism when Ford pulled out of Vietnam.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Democrats support terrorism...yea, no

Terrorism supports democracy...maybe...

Democrats and Republicans alike, if they call the U.S. home...are unlikley to condone terrorist activity.....

Doesn't make what anyone across the pond thinks anymore relevant.....

I have enjoyed this thread....Him...and Her...well compilated discussion...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Unemployment 4.4%, taxes revenues soaring, deficits falling. I don't know what country you're livin' in, but America is THRIVING!

Those that tend to speak that windbag propaganda are usually dependents masquarading as adults with no sense of fiscal responsibility and not a dime to their name.

So who your daddy? No, it's not Uncle Sam, more like Uncle Wong.

The real unemployment rate is closer to 24%. The government's statistical propaganda doesn't count discouraged workers or involuntary part-timers.

Bush has exceeded the levels of worst spendocrat in the history of mankind. The budget coming under its estimate after 6 years of record setting spending is is like cheering for a slightly smaller round than a 50 cal. to the head. Increasing tax revenues, if they're borrowing more and more has no benefit, particularly when federal sector is out performing the private sector in job growth and outsourcing has become a household word.

I supposed all that debt will be propped up by a declining GDP? Where 85% of the GDP is from equity loans and we just started a housing crash that is just waiting for all those ARMs to re-arm in 2007. Yeah everyone is making money, that's why U.S. savings rate is the lowest level since the Great Depression and inflation is outperforming wage growth, and credit card debt is at an all time high.

The economy is so good, that's why trillions of $$$ from VCs and hedgers are getting ready to short every stock on the block and dump thier dollars. It's so good, commodities are rocketing up, central bankers are making recession predictions, the dollar is starting a meltdown and the PPT has to juice the markets on a daily basis to keep it from tanking.

So go sell that rah rah, uber nanny-state, spendomania crapola to someone who doesn't like liberty and doesn't trade for a living. I have no use for those kleptocratic neokooks in office or their moronic parrots and 99% of the populace doesn't either.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by Frith

The same scare tactics about leaving a war were said during the Vietnam Conflict. Yet the world did not become engulfed by totalitarian communism when Ford pulled out of Vietnam

Please don't try to rewrite history, Ford DID NOT pull out of Vietnam we already were out in 73'. Ford was FORCED to stop aid to South Vietnam by a democratically controlled congress which did not give one whit about treaties, honor nor our countries word. This led to South Vietnams downfall and contributed greatly to the murder of millions in Cambodia as well as hundreds of thousands in Vietnam itself.

Wikipedia

In December 1974, the Democrat majority in Congress passed the Foreign Assistance Act of 1974, which cut off all military funding to the South Vietnamese government and made unenforceable the peace terms negotiated by Nixon. Nixon, threatened with impeachment because of the Watergate scandal, had resigned his office. His vice president stepped in to finish his term. The new President Ford vetoed the legislation passed by Congress, but his veto was overridden by the Democrats.

Looks like the democrats are ready to repeat the fiasco of 75' all over again if they regain control of congress.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe it is time to start asking some questions.
In any event, here’s the question of the day: If Democrat luminaries such as Teddy Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, et al, had no trouble looking outside the US for political help and campaign money, why on earth should we not assume that some Dems are dealing with Iran, Syria, Al Qaeda, Hizbollah and Hamas, to further their political aims and ambitions?

sigmundcarlandalfred.wordpress.com...
www.cnsnews.com.../Nation/archive/200610/NAT20061020b.html

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted by regenmacher
Go sell that rah rah, uber nanny-state, spendomania crapola to someone who doesn't like liberty and doesn't trade for a living. I have no use for those kleptocratic neokooks in office or their moronic parrots and 99% of the populace doesn't either.

Tsk,Tsk, Let's not get Nasty now. Just because I don't buy into your version of 'The Economic Sky is Falling' doesn't mean we can't have a civilized conversation does it?

I choose to note the fact that historically, debt/deficits/military spending are all within, or below the norms. We are the best investment in the world. That's why China, Japan, etc invest in us. They're not stupid, they're not gonna put their money into something that's tanking. They must see something you don't.

Anyway, I CHOOSE to look at the upside. If looking at the downside enriches your life, so be it!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Isn't Chinese investment in the U.S. more like Chinese manipulation of the U.S. bond market? It's not that we're a great economy to invest in because the numbers show we are, it's that we're like a monkey on a chain and we spit quarters out our mouth every time they play the organ. Serious, haven't they been manipulating the U.S. bond market for years now? Think about that, that's not something we ought to feel secure about.

Regs - am I right? You appear to have a lot more knowledge than me in this area, so I await your lesson on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well, if the Democrats gain power in November let me be the first to say:

I, for one, welcome our new Muslim overlords.

Oh Please - GIVE ME A BREAK. Quit acting as if the Republicans are the only ones that can protect the country - like the Democrats would just give into our enemies right off the bat - that is
Pure Baloney!!! Just what have the Republicans done - Not get the job done in Afghanistan - Invade a country that didn't have anything to do with 9/11 & then mess that up as well - Create the appearance that we have actual "Homeland Security" by just adding one more layer of Bureaucracy

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Continuation:

Bureaucracy via the creation of another "Department" - all while giving Control of our Ports to the Arabs and Failing to stop Illegal Immigrants (many Violent Criminals) from crossing the Border into our Country by the MILLIONS! They have been in power for almost 6 years now - what do they have to show for it (besides UNREAL sized Fiscal Deficits)? Yes the Republicans have sure done a great job! Long Live Corrupt Cronyism (Sarcasm)!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Seraphim,

I could be wrong, and I'm not trying to speak for curme - but I don't think that's what curme meant. I've got a feeling there may have been a fair amount of facetiousness in that comment.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe this will also help you to see that it is very possible that the Democrats have been helping our country more than we could know.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks, but no thanks. I don't do freeper. They're a veritable hate-fest over there. If the information is available some where else with less hate and more facts, I'll read it if you give me the link. But I aint wading into that cesspool.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join