It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 'No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe you don't understand what GDP is... You can't pay your debt with a GDP... Also, the GDP is not the ``real`` GDP...

As the single most important figure in statistics it is subject to fraud, such as the usage of hedonic price indexing on official GDP numbers in the US, thereby creating investments out of nothing while statistically dampening inflation.

If a nation does not spend, but saves and invests overseas, its GDP will be diminished in comparison to one that spends borrowed money.

And the last point explain exactly what the US is experiencing...

Economies experiencing an economic bubble, such as a housing bubble or stock bubble, or a low private-saving rate tend to appear to grow faster due to higher consumption, mortgaging their futures for present growth.

The debt is now 8.602.390.000 $$, leaving 28.659$ per person in the US... can you pay 28.659$ for you, your wife and your two children? Can you pay 114.636$ + all debt you have?

And let's not forget that the debt is increasing 2.55 billions EVERYDAY.

Wait till after the election, you'll see if the economy is doing ``so well``.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Leverage is something everyone uses in financing. The gaps between our productivity and our bills are still huge. So go on Despair!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There will be little despair for those who hedge against inflation and are ready for the bear market. Those with no investments, go back to sleep and quit trolling.

GDP last quarter was 1.6%, the slowest in more than three years due to the housing bubble starting to deflate. 85% of the GDP is because of mortgages and that's not production, since 80% of our production capabilities have been outsourced since the peak in the 60's. The US is now a service based economy and when the credit runs dry via FOMC rate hikes, the market corrects. That's called the boom-bust cycle, so throw in escalating war, dwindling resources, growing demand, climate change, you have a great chaotic cocktail of destablization just waiting to unfold.

People should ask themselves why the Republican candidates are not playing up and prioritizing the economy in their falsetto of ad campaigns. How many neo-Republican voters know why that is remains to be seen in this age of blowing smoke up neighbor's rearend.

Bush Administration Expecting a Recession?

Judging by their body language, the US authorities believe the roaring bull market this autumn is just a suckers' rally before the inevitable storm hits.

Hank Paulson, the market-wise Treasury Secretary who built a $700m fortune at Goldman Sachs, is re-activating the 'plunge protection team' (PPT), a shadowy body with enormous powers to artificially support stock index, currency, and credit futures in a crash.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Plunge Protection Team - Wiki

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted by regenmacher
The US is now a service based economy

I would like to get past the labels for a moment and ask a question if I might. We all know about the Industrial Revolution, so my question is; How does an economy that is 20% of the global economy, fair in a service Economy (a Service Revolution).? In other words, Are we becoming the Buyers, and the rest of the world the Sellers?

That seems to be what you're saying, and I am interested to here your analysis. I for one, am here to share and learn.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
In our service economy the emphasis is on selling services while increasing the consumption of goods, rather than selling goods and increasing the production of goods. As we continue to consume the world's savings and then pay for it by increasing our debt, the game will end when our debt service payments out grow our income.

Think of it as a person who pays off a credit cards with other credit cards and hoping an infinite supply of new credit cards will always be available with the same or lower interest rates.

So why is America so gung ho on a service economy that maintains itself by increasing consumption and debt? You can point to our education system and its mentors as funadamentally flawed, crooked or just plain stupid in teaching it as an economic means.

A Root Cause of the Failure of Contemporary Education

Properly, by the time a student has completed a college education, his brain should hold the essential content of well over a hundred major books on mathematics, science, history, literature, and philosophy, and do so in a form that is well organized and integrated, so that he can apply this internalized body of knowledge to his perception of everything in the world around him. He should be in a position to enlarge his knowledge of any subject and to express his thoughts on any subject clearly and logically, both verbally and in writing. Yet, as the result of the miseducation provided today, it is now much more often the case that college graduates fulfill the Romantic ideal of being “simple, uneducated men.”

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted by regenmacher
You can point to our education system and it's mentors as funadamentally flawed, crooked or just plain stupid in teaching it as a means.

Now this, I can agree with! I would like to 'chew' on the rest of your post for a day or so.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
if we were able to follow the republican'ts money and the demorats money I'm sure it would just lead us to the same place.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join