It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 'No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Pure propaganda.

It's amazing how low the right will sink.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted by Valhall
Iraq didn't have anything to do with the last attack. Seriously, let's think about this. Does some one implying we have no business in Iraq mean they also buy into we ought to bear our soft bellies to terrorists? See this is where this whole thing gets messy...one is not the other. Further to that, since the reasoning behind the attacks were we had U.S. troops in the middle east, why would having more U.S. troops in the middle east in some way "make things better"?

Valhall,

Your point is well taken, that this is a messy situation. However, just criticizing a thing doesn't fix it. What would you have us to do?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I keep hearing this, but the fact is, we haven't had an attack on US soil by these Hordes of newly created Terrorists! So where are They?

Most Americans don't live in a cave or never travel overseas. 2004 was the single largest increase in terrorist activity ever recorded, since the CIA started keeping records in 1968.

Selective Intelligence

The NIE, which is supposed to reflect the consensus judgment of the U.S. intelligence community, states that the global jihadist movement “is spreading and adapting to counter-terrorism efforts”; that the number of jihadists are “increasing in both number and geographic dispersion,” and that the war in Iraq had become “the cause celebre” for jihadis around the world, “breeding a deep resentment of U.S involvement in the Muslim world and cultivating supporters for the global jihadist movement.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Do you like no jobs, no economic growth, no savings, hyperinflation, record trade debt, record budget deficits, more torture, less liberty, record deaths and record terrorism?

Then vote for the Republican jihadists, cause we ain't on your side you American scum.

I am Osama Bin Bush and I approve this message.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted by xmotex
Pure propaganda.

This statement has become a handy little way to dismiss things out of hand.

I look at it as more of something that people may be thinking, but don't say do to political correctness. Until you get a Freudian Slip like John Kerry experienced, and the truth comes out!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted by regenmacher
2004 was the single largest increase in terrorist activity ever recorded, since the CIA started keeping records in 1968.

WOW, you figured out there's a War going on! My statement stands, The War remains THERE and NOT HERE!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

by Regenmacher
Considering Bush's policies has created more terrorists and strengthened their resolve, if he was smart he would say vote Republican.

I agree, this is what they want but cannot say that. They want to be able to use GW and the republican foreign policy to gain support for their cause, so naturally they don’t want that to change. But how would that look to their supporters if terrorists came out and said to vote republican? Not very well I suspect.

Maybe they are using reverse psychology on us. If they say we should vote democratic, and expect us to do the opposite of what they say, then they are getting what they want.

The article could also be a plant by republicans to trick voters. Regardless, it is not worth the paper it is printed on.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

WOW, you figured out there's a War going on! My statement stands, The War remains THERE and NOT HERE!

The war is here along with 20,000 injured soldiers and 2800+ dead and it doesn't take a bomb to destroy America either. Bush is doing more damage to the economy than Osama could ever have hoped for.

Viet Nam wasn't here either, and it was a mistake of epic proportions.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Anyway, who believe there's a real paradigm between democrats and republicans when you see how they voted to the Patriot Act 1&2 and the Martial law act?

Democrat senators Leahy and Daschle were sent anthrax letters after their initial opposotion to the Patriot Act, remember?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So what do you suggest? Withdraw and wait for the Hordes of new Terrorist to come to a shopping mall near you?

Do you mind if I rebut your statement with one of your own previous statements?

Talk about scare tactics.

By the way, if you look at the time between the first world trade center attack and 2001, that was what? 8 years? 8 years between deadly terrorist attacks....It's only been 5 since 9/11, so I think it's a little premature to claim that the US is totally invicible now.

People should accept that bad things happen...In most other countries they have multiple terror attacks a year, but you don't see them putting their citizens on lock down and enacting laws that have the potential to strip them of their "inalienable rights." Terrorist attacks should be the least of people's worries...everytime they step into a car they have a significant chance of getting into an accident.

And despite these odds, you still have the same assholes squeeling out in their Ford F-150s, and then coming home and talking about the threat of terrorism....amazing!

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Republican vs. Democrat. Thats what they want. That keeps you blind to the larger picture you would clearly see via the window of the past.

Faced with a choice of appeasing hostage-taking Middle Eastern despots or overturning the international order, the United States hems and haws as its prestige wanes—until finally an outraged American public demands action. The European powers watch carefully, and maneuver to gain their own advantage. After marginal pinprick strikes, American forces mount a major campaign, receive rapid capitulation, and predictably fail to press their advantage.

The year was 1804.

the perennial issue remains the same. Two centuries ago, as a diplomat in Tunis, Eaton wrote:

…there is [no] …friendship with these states, without paving the way with gold or cannon balls; and the proper question is, which method is preferable.

The first American Crisis in the Middle East

Decades from now, historians will discover that the United States, the West and the international community were being targeted by a global ideological movement which emerged in the 1920s, survived World War II and the Cold War, and carefully chose the timing of its onslaught against democracy.

Undoubtedly, the issue that policy planners and government leaders need to address with greatest urgency, is the future shape of the terrorist threat facing the United States and its allies.

Future Terrorism Mutant Jihads (PDF)

As long as we fight among each other, we are not facing, confronting, and overcoming the real world problems. Please put your political differences aside for a moment and focus on the overall problems that we face, and how they can best be resolved. Our childrens future is at risk if we simply focus on fighting within.

makeitso

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted by regenmacher
The war is here and it doesn't take a bomb to destroy America either. Bush is doing more damage to the economy than Osama could ever have hoped for

Unemployment 4.4%, taxes revenues soaring, deficits falling. I don't know what country you're livin' in, but America is THRIVING!

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Valhall,

Your point is well taken, that this is a messy situation. However, just criticizing a thing doesn't fix it. What would you have us to do?

Well, we need to pull our troops out of Iraq. We need to stop messing with Iran. Since we blew our chance at getting OBL by diverting resources to an entirely unrelated country, I guess we don't even care about him anymore (at least that's what Bush said). So we should invest monies at home to better secure all modes of mass transportation, protect our infrastructure (highways, railways, shipping and ports), border security, and anti-terrorism measures internationally as well as domestically. All the stuff we apparently weren't doing real well before 911. We should now do those extremely well.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted by Jahumn
Do you mind if I rebut your statement with one of your own previous statements?

Yeah, the second quote was in response to the assumption that Vast New Hordes of Terrorists were being created. Therefore under that assumption, I asked for an idea as to how to solve it. But anyone can cut and paste and edit things to look how they want. I would appreciate if my statements stay in the context they were written. Thank You.

Oh by the way, what's your idea? Pull back? I'm listening.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Listen I am not a Moslem - but it is pretty obvious what is happening. Notice that the statement claimed that "AMERICAN MUSLIMS favor Democrats" - since when are American Muslims automatically "Terrorists"? How do they know that this "Jaara" character is a Terrorist? I guess the Brainwashing Campaign Worked!

"Terrorist" is a highly charged word that is being thrown around like crazy now - in the name of Political Smearing!!! I knew that it would go down this way! Conservative "WorldNetDaily" - trying to link support for Democratic Party Policies/Agendas to support for "Terrorists". Simply Disgusting - but disgusting is usually what happens when you get this close to election day & last minute efforts.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted by valhall
Well, we need to pull our troops out of Iraq.

Don't you understand that the Terrorists will take it over and use it as a base to forward deploy cells onto our soil? I'm sorry, these Colors dont run.

As far as Osama, I know where he'll be if we leave Iraq.

Israel has ten times the security we have and they still get hit. So fortifying our house isn't gonna cut it.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Don't you understand that the Terrorists will take it over and use it as a base to forward deploy cells onto our soil? I'm sorry, these Colors dont run.

WOW! Can I borrow your crystal ball to pick my lottery numbers?

Sorry, but I aint buying that one. That must be the next way they'll try to keep us in Iraq from now on.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"Terrorists"? How do they know that this "Jaara" character is a Terrorist?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel kicked him out of the Middle East.
And that's good enough for me. Because they have to deal with terrorists the way we'll have to if we pull back from Iraq.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

image source: img.photobucket.com...

So typical, when you don't have the answer, you start hurling insults! Just keep criticizing everything then, whatever makes ya happy.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The alleged policy of containment has already proven itself out to be wrong. Iraq coalition members Spain and Britain were bombed after their terms in Iraq started.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Israel kicked him out of the Middle East. And that's good enough for me. Because they have to deal with terrorists the way we'll have to if we pull back from Iraq.

First of all we are already "Dealing" with the Terrorists. Secondly I will admit that if we just pull out of Iraq now at this point then it will be worse than if we took no action to begin with - if you admit that this Iraq thing has been a total Catastrophe - Bad Idea, Bad Planning & Poor Execution. Third - whatever Israel does is good enough for you huh - did they do that before or after they dropped Bombs on Civilians in Lebanon? Do you honestly think that Radical Moslems are the only group capable of Terrorists actions? Do you honestly think that Israel hasn't performed Terrorist actions itself?

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join