It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 'No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Looks like the democrats are ready to repeat the fiasco of 75' all over again if they regain control of congress.

That would be fairly eloquent if it wasn't for the fact that the troops in Iraq shouldn't be there in the first place. I'm looking at it from the outside and can see the picture fairly well. Afghanistan is a different picture. Iraq? Shouldn't have happened. I'm not a Rep. or a Dem. but finger pointing like this has to be called out.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I hate when i turn on the t.v and all i ever hear is "we're fighting them there so we dont have to fight them here".

1. Where exactly is "there" on a map?

2. What do the residents of "there" have to say about that?

"we're fighting them there so we dont have to fight them here".

Change the context and it sounds very stupid. That would be like someone who lives across town fighting with someone else in your house/front yard,so they dont have to fight them at their house. Where does that leave you? It leaves you with a horrible looking house.

You cannot deal with terrorism(cant fight terrorism,only creates more) with an army. You need tactics like the FBI and various other law enforcement agencies use. Human intel can tell a whole lot more than a satellite/uav combo can.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I choose to note the fact that historically, debt/deficits/military spending are all within, or below the norms.

No facts, no proof, plays dumb or is dumb and chooses to blatantly lie is what your are now noted for.

Anyway, I CHOOSE to look at the upside.

The only nasty here is your lack of comprehension and an inability to think for yourself, which is a disgrace to humanity in general.

You chose to be a fool in seeing a false positive trait while being lied to by fraudulent corrupt government that has grown so large as to actually become the economy and is selling the US out to foreign interests. The upside is not regurgitating skewed and baseless propaganda that is destined keep you a subservient drone all the way to the graveyard. Your idea of an upside is choosing self destructive beliefs, looking forward to permanent victimhood, and embracing blind ignorance which os more of a slave mentality.

The Asians aren't idiots that will service US debt forever, bank on it.

Take a good look how the Chinese see America, you see a positive in that?
Ha Ha Ha America - Part 1
Ha Ha Ha America - Part 2

Survivalists use their own heads. Don't count on the nanny state to bail your butt out or in a fiat based fractional reserve system that defies the laws of probability or goes against economic history.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is a great thread. Why is it still sitting in 'submission'? Staff out on holiday?

If this article isn't a clear demonstration of WND's propoganda machine, I don't know what is. Classic. Exactly HOW is it reporting news?

RM, what's a fractional reserve system? And how does it defy probability?

[edit on 4-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Dems "No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement?

Well . . . why should they comment at all.

I fear that this nothing more than propaganda to get a reaction and if they make any comments it will be twisted and turn into more media frenzy.

I see it as a bait.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted by regenmacher
No facts, no proof, plays dumb or is dumb and chooses to blatantly lie is what your are now noted for.

en.wikipedia.org...

This source shows that national debt rose dramatically in the 80's and has leveled off, with a small increase around 1995.

Tax revenues were up nearly 13 percent, about $176 billion more than last year's total, according to the Treasury Department. The Congressional Budget Office, using slightly different measures, reported tax receipts in the first eight months of the year were up 12.8 percent, the second-fastest growth in nearly 25 years. Only last year's 15.5 percent growth was greater.

www.heartland.org...

The only nasty here is your lack of comprehension and an inability to think for yourself, which is a disgrace to humanity in general.

You chose to be a fool in seeing a false positive trait

Is this kind of treatment in conformance with the T&C of ATS?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
RM, what's a fractional reserve system? And how does it defy probability?

Fractional-reserve banking aka money from thin air

Defying the probability is by not collapsing, because fiat money has destroyed every single empire in human history. The US came close once before, back during WWI the printing presses ran unbridled to fund the war, which led to the roaring 20's and the eventual collapse of the markets in 29. Hence, no bull market rises forever and this current market is has less footing than pre-29. So is Bernanke going to start pulling golden egss out of his rear?

Another example of what could happen:

Let us suppose that total insured bank deposits are $1,600 billion. Technically, in the case of a run on the banks, the Fed could exercise emergency powers and print $1,600 billion in cash to give to the FDIC to pay off the bank depositors. The problem is that, emboldened at this massive bailout, the depositors would promptly redeposit the new $1,600 billion into the banks, increasing the total bank reserves by $1,600 billion, thus permitting an immediate expansion of the money supply by the banks by tenfold, increasing the total stock of bank money by $16 trillion. Runaway inflation and total destruction of the currency would quickly follow.

Here's a more comprehensive text about fractional reserve banking:
Mystery of Banking by Murray N. Rothbard 177 page pdf file.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Marg, the strategy for the Dems is supposed to be to answer all the accusations, fight fire with fire. But I would suspect in a reasonable way. And I suspect on a local level where the voting constituents will see it.

These articles are calculated to incite a reaction. As this thread proves it.

Valhall, thanks for saying that about freepers. I saw factfinders link and shuddered. Sixteen (whatever) pages of one-liners ain't my idea of constructing an argument.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Free Republic == the Behavioral Sink

Seriously, once a post from Freepdom gets used to back up an argument, you know you're in trouble. This should be added as a corollary to Godwin's Law.

As far as things getting "worse" in Iraq if we leave - I'm not sure how much room is left for "worse" considering what's going on now.

Iraq is a failure.

Nothing we do from this point on is going to change that - not if we stay there for a hundred years.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I choose to note the fact that historically, debt/deficits/military spending are all within, or below the norms.

en.wikipedia.org...
That example proves your a liar and/or lack comprehension.
There's nothing normal or below the norm about the current public debt.

That and it fails to note that $9.4 trillion of outstanding mortgages is 85% of GDP with somewhere between 7% and 10% of all are ARMs that will reset in 2007.
goliath.ecnext.com...

What did I say about higher tax revenues? Go look.

Is this kind of treatment in conformance with the T&C of ATS?

What did I say about falling into permanent victimhood with your frame of mind, ehh? I see you now have demonstrated that trait by playing a phoney victim card in hopes of seeking empathy for your hurt ego. So stop whining , don't dish out what you can't take, and maybe it would be justified if your arguments weren't based on fraud and deception.

Don't instigate an argument with me, disrepect me by talking like a baby and then expect to get treated with respect. Don't expect me to believe your spreading lies and remaining blind to the facts is anything positive either, it's garbage.

Truth is positive, learn it and live it!

Deny Ignorance...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Did any of you read it?
www.freerepublic.com...
Do you just not want to face how corrupt the Democrats are and just pretend that it is only the Capitolist Republicans that are bad.
So take your pick if you would like but try to deny that you know it is true.
Google Kennedy Treason

[edit on 4-11-2006 by factfinder38]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
People, lets please keep the discussion civil. There are some posts here that are close to violating the T&C.

Please read this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
factfinder - that humongous!!! link didn't work. Could you just give me the terms I'm supposed to search against and I'll pull the search up myself?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Anyone who has a positive outlook will get shut down here. Thanks for the lesson Regenmacher. And NO I don't appreciate your abuse, I'd rather work.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
factfinder, got the search results...reading now.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
factfinder,

I agree. What Kennedy did was treasonous. What has that got to do with this conversation? (Other than Kennedy should have been in jail after Chappaquiddick and then we'd never had to put up with him in the first place.)

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think it has a lot to do with it because Kennedy is a major leader in the Democratic party. I know and have spoken at great length to about 100 Military people that have come back from Iraq That were in many diffrent units. The thing that they all say is that yes there is plenty of bad things going on but there are many more good things going than bad. Why is it that we only get to see and hear the bad. Why will the Democrats only point out the bad things,could it be that they have some intrest in us being defeated. Intrest other than just the election.
Lets just say that we pull out of Iraq, the Democrats take control of the counrtry and what then is all well? Are all of these people that hate America going to just start loving us again? Or would we maybe start paying massive payoffs I mean Aid to help them behave right. I am sure any payoffs would go through the U.N. and we all know they are there to help the world right. The game that is being played is far bigger than most people can even think, and I hope people start to wake up.
That would be the key reason that the Terrorist support the Dems because they know they will win and get paid even if they have to share it.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't see the Democrats as having the answer in this corporatocracy either, and this political puppet facade is mainly there to placate and entertain the masses.

It will most likely take a hard lesson in order to wake people from there stupors and reassess their core values and say no more to fear driven agendas that are designed to oppress them.

Stephen Roach, Morgan Stanley
Central banks have created a monster -- not just liquidity-driven excesses in financial markets but also major cross-border imbalances in the global economy and mounting political tensions associated with those imbalances. Nor do I believe that the instability of this disequilibrium can be resolved through a mere normalization of monetary policies. Ultimately, a more meaningful shift to policy restraint will probably be required. At the same time, by waiting this long to face up to the excesses of the global liquidity cycle, the systemic risks embedded in world financial markets and the global economy have only gotten worse. A monetary tightening that goes too far risks a collapse in this proverbial house of cards. Yes, the world economy has been very resilient over the past five years -- but at a real cost. Increasingly, the celebrants of global resilience are dancing on the head of a pin.

Mike Shedlock, Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis
Previously I proposed changing the meaning of GDP from Gross Domestic Product to Grossly Distorted Procedures. If one discounts third quarter motor vehicle output, and subtracts various hedonics and imputations, GDP was easily negative for the third quarter (and perhaps substantially so). If one believes the published price deflators are off, GDP will look even worse.

I questioned GDP on Silicon Investor this past weekend and was astounded to receive the following reply:

If you want to make money you better believe the, GDP, CPI, and Unemployment Numbers because what you personally think is "real" is irrelevant.

Not only was I stunned to find someone that actually believes all those numbers, I was equally stunned to find a person that actually thinks you have to believe those numbers to make money. It is of course the reaction to the numbers that matters. Whether or not anyone actually believes them is irrelevant.

In the meantime I notice that almost no one is talking about the yield curve, the one set of numbers that someone can and should believe. The Yield curve is what it is, and it is quite inverted, signaling a recession. Forget Goldilocks, the next recession will be an extremely hard affair, led by a falloff in consumer spending, rising unemployment, and a continued slowdown in housing.

So how many candidates are running on a better fiscal policy as a key value?

Do people want to hear about having to live within their means is another story.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well RM, Bob Casey in PA is the current Treasury Secretary for the state. That's good experience to know how fiscal policy works. And he was Attorney General before that. So he knows how a Justice Dept. is run too.

(makes him an interesting prospect for VP in '08 too)

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
97 Reasons Democrats Are Weak On Defence And Cant Be Trusted To Govern In Wartime

Investors Business Daily

We're in a war. Something always goes wrong in a war, and our military leaders have made mistakes in Iraq. But quitting and leaving would amount to defeat for the U.S. in the global war on terrorism and create chaos. Quitters never win.

Here's the problem: America needs two strong, sound political parties. As far as domestic policy is concerned, it really doesn't make much difference if Democrats or Republicans are in power. Ours is a free, entrepreneurial society where anyone can do anything he or she wants if they have a positive attitude and the desire to work, learn and achieve. Ambitious people come from all over the world to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity. This is one reason our economy is so resilient, continually bouncing back from periodic setbacks, driven by new inventions and achievements.

However, (97) when it comes to which party has proved more capable in acting to defend and protect Americans from foreign enemies, there is only one choice. From Johnson to Carter to Clinton, virtually all the defense policies and decisions made by Democratic administrations have been unsuccessful. And in many cases, they have unintentionally but materially increased the danger to our national security and the safety of all Americans.

I found this to be an interesting editorial that has much to do with the point of this thread.

Harry Truman would roll in his grave knowing his party today.........................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join