It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems 'No Comment' on Terrorist Endorsement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
come on now...this shouldn't be a surprise at all...the democratic agenda so far has been catering to terrorists or excuse me...'freedom fighters' LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
That is total nonsense...some terrorist leaders may have said this but I have not heard it on the news. To suggest that they are actually endorsing the Democrats though is a bit niave. These people are not stupid...it seems more likely that they are trying to shoot the Democrats in the foot as it were and give the Republicans a boost. After all the war in Iraq has become their greatest recruiting tool ever and I am sure they would actually hate to see it end.

Actually this sounds more like a ploy by Karl Rove than anything else, especially considering the right wing nature of the publication.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by grover]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I don't remember hearing about daily suicide bombings in Iraq prior to us invading it.

Probably because no one cared to report it. Attacks-a-plenty were going on. Not every day ... but there were plenty.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

And of course there were the constant attacks by Saddam's GOVERNMENT - mass murders, rapes, tortures, attempted genocide of the kurds... which have stopped since we liberated.

[edit on 11/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
FF,

Look at that list again. There is ONE bombing in Iraq prior to the U.S. invasion, and it happened just one month before we invaded. And it was on a Kurdish checkpoint, not a civilian target.

That's it...there weren't any others before March 2003.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Probably because no one cared to report it. Attacks-a-plenty were going on. Not every day ... but there were plenty.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

I see three listed for Iraq in the period prior to the invasion. One of those seems to be a typo since it involved US soldiers in 2001.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What was the date of liberation???

Iraq was NOT a peaceful dreamland prior to liberation. Saddam and his government killed in massive numbers. They raped and tortured in massive numbers. You may be able to say that there weren't many homicide bombers but the fact is that Saddams' government killed many times more, and raped many times more, than the homicide bombers now.

I fully agree that it's a mess over there and the war has been seriously mismanaged.

But Iraq wasn't a peaceful place prior to liberation. Instead of messy murder by insurgant .. it was an orderly (and quiet) mass murder by government.

ON TOPIC .. I think the World Net Daily article is bogus. Sorry, but there aren't many articles that they print that can be backed up with facts. Sometimes they get it right. But mostly they don't.

I DO think the terrorists would like to have radical leftwingers in office in America. That's my OPINION.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The Democrats in congress (and the party in general) are about as radical as milk toast.

"We have one party in this country...it has a hard right wing and a more moderate right wing branch...they are called the Republicans and the Democrats."....Gore Vidal

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You may be able to say that there weren't many homicide bombers but the fact is that Saddams' government killed many times more, and raped many times more, than the homicide bombers now.

Sorry, but I don't believe that. Please show me a report where it states that Saddam was killing over 1000 iraqi per month for almost 3 years now...and more than 655.000 iraqi in 3 years.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Please show me a report .......

Google is your friend.

Mass graves. War dead. Missing people. Fadayeen Saddam rape-murder gangs. Dead civilians because Saddam stole billions in Oil for Food money.

Estimates for Iraq (depending on the source), a country of 22 million people, range up to 1 million murdered; 100,000 Kurds murdered/missing; 250,000 dead due to sanctions and Saddam stealing Oil for Food money; 200,000 raped and/or tortured by Fedayeen Saddam; not to mention the tens of thousands of dead Kuwaitis and the hundreds of thousands of dead Iranians due to Saddam trying to take over the middle east … and so on and so on … and then there are all those ‘missing people’….

www.usaid.gov...
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.whitehouse.gov...
wais.stanford.edu...
www.moreorless.au.com...
edition.cnn.com...
iraqikurdistan.blogspot.com...
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Iraq

Fedayeen Saddam ring a bell?
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.state.gov...
www.foxnews.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Fact is that the many mass graves are only now just being uncovered. Saddam is also responsible for the deaths of everyone who died as a result of his stealing billions from the Oil for Food program, as well as all the deaths due to the wars he started.

Mass murder, torture, and rape were a staple of the Saddam regime. It was more quiet than the insurgent bombings ... but it was there none the less.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
and more than 655.000 iraqi in 3 years.

Are you trying to claim that is the number of Iraqis killed by insurgents?

[edit on 11/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Found a good article that express's some of the rational behind Economic Negativism used by Democrats and others.

"Worst economy since Herbert Hoover," John Kerry said in 2004, while that year's growth (3.9 percent) was adding to America's gross domestic product the equivalent of the GDP of Taiwan (the 19th-largest economy). Nancy Pelosi vows that if Democrats capture Congress they will "jump-start our economy." A "jump-start " is administered to a stalled vehicle. But since the Bush tax cuts went into effect in 2003, the economy's growth rate (3.5 percent) has been better than the average for the 1980s (3.1) and 1990s (3.3). Today's unemployment rate (4.6 percent) is lower than the average for the 1990s (5.8) -- lower, in fact, than the average for the past 40 years (6.0). Some stall.

Economic hypochondria, a derangement associated with affluence, is a byproduct of the welfare state: An entitlement mentality gives Americans a low pain threshold -- witness their recurring hysteria about nominal rather than real gasoline prices -- and a sense of being entitled to economic dynamism without the frictions and "creative destruction" that must accompany dynamism. Economic hypochondria is also bred by news media that consider the phrase "good news" an oxymoron, even as the U.S. economy, which has performed better than any other major industrial economy since 2001, drives the Dow to record highs.

www.washingtonpost.com...

We need to appreciate what we have and not be so negative!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

posted by regenmacher
Considering Bush's policies has created more terrorists and strengthened their resolve

I keep hearing this, but the fact is, we haven't had an attack on US soil by these Hordes of newly created Terrorists! So where are They? Talk about scare tactics.

Madrid, London, Istanbul. Egypt, Bali to name a few, plus as many Iraqis a month shot and blown to death a month as on 9/11.

Your own president has promoted terror to win votes, even using the words of Bin Laden in his adverts.

If there were not already terrorists in USA, why are there so many draconian big brother measures coming in, and advice on duct tape, Patriot Act, etc?

A poll last week shows Iraqis support attacks on Americans. Bush is the most hated man on the planet. He has done more to endanger America than any other person. Most people hate his guts and respect for USA has turned to anger. He has created fear, encouraged terror and then used it to scare people into voting for him.

If you want to know where terrorists are in America, look at the Whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

posted by regenmacher
The war is here and it doesn't take a bomb to destroy America either. Bush is doing more damage to the economy than Osama could ever have hoped for

Unemployment 4.4%, taxes revenues soaring, deficits falling. I don't know what country you're livin' in, but America is THRIVING!

Maybe you should take a look at this:

www.nationmaster.com...

America is going bust under Bush. The only thing that keeps it afloat is borrowed money. Saudi Arabia where the alleged 9/11 hijackers came from are buying up America to the tune of trillions. America's economy is set to collapse.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
People in this nation are living under lie, a lie to deceive the citizens of this nation to see who are the ones that own our nation.

We Americans do not own our nation anymore.

Our economy is an illusion and has been an illusion for a long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted by clipper
The only thing that keeps it afloat is borrowed money.

It's called Invested Money. The sole responsibility for an investment is on the investor.

Madrid, London, Istanbul. Egypt, Bali to name a few, plus as many Iraqis a month shot and blown to death a month as on 9/11.

I'll say it one more time, Not Here! If your country has a problem with getting attacked, deal with it. Don't blame America.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Numbers of US companies sold since 1980.

13, 730, at a cost of 1,697,443,000,00

link to acquisisitons.

www.economyincrisis.org...

US consumption on foreign goods

Footwear 90%

Audio & Video Equipment 87%

Other Leather Products 86%

Leather and Hide Tanning 75%

Apparel Accessories 67%

Foreign Ownership of US Industries

Foreign companies financing US debt

Japan $635.3 Billion
China $327.7 Billion
United Kingdom $201.4 Billion
Oil Exporters $101.5 Billion
Korea $68.9 Billion

Yes we are not longer a productive nation but a nation of consumers with a big deficit, and still our government dares to lie about how well we are doing economically.

China is winning on the race over Japan very soon we will do as what China tell us to do.

What a shame.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

United Kingdom $201.4 Billion

we own that much?

i say we give it all back

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You know what is more incredible that the data comes from the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) - Current as of 2002 (latest data available) on the Foreign ownership of US companies.

So you can imagine what it is right now in 2006.

While all the other data is up today. I wonder what they are hiding.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

we own that much?

That's not even like 2% of what we produce in ONE year! 12 Trillion GDP.

So let's see, Japan's $650 billion=5.5% of what we do in ONE year. I wish my debts could be a percentage of what I make in a year! Closer to a hundred percent for 10 years for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I wish my debts could be a percentage of what I make in a year! Closer to a hundred percent for 10 years for me.

You sum up what is wrong with America's economy. It keeps ticking only because of borrowed money. No wonder the London Bombings were on the same day that the G8 were expected to wipe off 3rd world debt. USA needs to borrow money to ensure poor nations are subservient to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted by clipper
You sum up what is wrong with America's economy. It keeps ticking only because of borrowed money.

I'm sorry, maybe your English isn't that good. I was saying, that the amount we owe doesn't even exeed one years worth of our productivity!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join