It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember this? This guy sounded real!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Enjoy

I certainly did enjoy that! Thanks for that addition to the research!

Originally posted by jbondo
I will continue to work on it when I can but based on what I have learned so far my guess is that it is in fact the same guy on both calls.

Thanks for that, too! I couldn't understand what I was looking at when I used that software. I loaded two similar shorter clips like you did, but there was just too much going on in that software that I didn't understand. Great work! I think that they are same guy personally. From what I understood of the voice comparison software the differences were probably caused by his level of anxiety. Which may pose some questions in and of itself. I think my problem with the voice comparison software was I was experimenting, and I didn't have a good control. My control for the experiment was two short clips of George Bush giving a speech, but I don't think it was a very decent control to be used cause it didn't help me much. If I had a microphone I would record myself imitating "Brian" in his exact words and compare my OWN versions of his calls.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo
Good job jbondo.No freakin' way could I figure that program out.At this point I'm really not sure either way.I've been thinking,like some of you have said,perhaps this was all an "entertainment" segment on C2C.To me if it is,and Art,and the others didn't come right out and say it,then all credibility for that show is gone.

However,that's considering this isn't real.Still,the September 11th date is really intriguing.Not like they knew back then what would happen.Unless Art's show is gov't run,which is whole other can of worms,I guess.Like I said I really can't say either way right now.

Oh,and Dracmoor....did you watch Ghost Hunters last night? They were down in an oubliette in an Irish castle last night.Maybe that stuck in your mind?
[edit on 16-11-2006 by DocGonzo]

[edit on 16-11-2006 by DocGonzo]

Personally I don't think the Sept 11 date has any correlation.

An3, I tried to simplify my approach to the software as much as possible and key on terms that made sense. Once I did that it was a bit more understandable. You seemed like you were doing pretty well though. I would say we both did OK for going at it cold.

Doc, whatever you do, don't get sucked into the show "scariest places on earth". What a scamola!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Personally I don't think the Sept 11 date has any correlation.

I agree, although I won't deny that it's an interesting coincidence. If I wanted to go out on the longest limb in the world I could start to theorize about the possibility that the "warning" this caller was giving us had something to do with the WTC attacks. Wouldn't that be crazy? Especially since he was warning us about aliens who are "other-dimensional" beings. Perhaps Al Qaeda is actually a group of other-dimensional beings working in cahoots with a shadow government to create a culture of fear to eventually enslave the populations of the world. Oh, I didn't mean to go out on that limb! It was kind of fun but ultimately a waste of precious forum space.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You know I've seen those limbs on other threads. I seldom test their stability myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Doc, whatever you do, don't get sucked into the show "scariest places on earth". What a scamola!

Yeah maybe the whole Sept. 11th thing is a coincidence,but an odd one at that.Why is it that so much odd stuff has happened on that date?

As far as "scariest places on earth" goes,I completely agree man.I saw the marathon of it they were playing around Halloween.What a crock.I did find it mildly entertaining that they got that creepy midget chick from Poltergeist to do narration though.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
an3rkist,

Hey amigo, any idea when you are going to call into Art Bell this weekend? Well first, I suppose I should ask if you heard anything back via your email to him?
If not, I assume that you are planning on calling in on Saturday night? I am central time and I do not want to miss the opportunity to hear your call if you try it? We should coordinate a time to have listeners on this thread to listen in for the call. I am central time, U.S., so it all depends on where you are located to get together on this.
Also, any thought of sending him an email with a link to this forum thread?? It might generate some research interest from him or his staff and get a bigger rousing!??
Anyway, let me know what you think, I am sure you are a busy person, but you are rolling so far and I look forward to seeing what may happen.

Peace, Mondo

P.S. How,s about midnight or so on Saturday of this weekend if it works for anybody? Art may be in on this as some have suggested, maybe not, we will sure try to find out though! Thanks again for the interest everybody!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
any idea when you are going to call into Art Bell this weekend?

To be honest with you I have never even tuned in to his radio show before. I live in Las Vegas, just an hour or so away from where he lives in Pahrump. Maybe instead of calling in I'll just go knock on his door!
But no, um...his show starts at 10pm on Saturday night here in Vegas, so midnight would probably be a good time for me to call in, (midnight my time). Although I don't really know how his show works since I've never listened, so I don't know if I can just call in at a specific time and be sure to get on the show. Don't stay up late just to hear me because I can't guarantee I'm going to be able to call in. I'm going to listen to the show on Saturday and see if I'm still motivated to call in.

Also, any thought of sending him an email with a link to this forum thread?? It might generate some research interest from him or his staff and get a bigger rousing!??

This is a great idea that crossed my mind. I'm not sure I want to do that just yet, for two reasons: 1. When I call in I want to have the upper hand and know more about the subject than he does. 2. I don't want him to know that there has been speculation about his involvement, because if I'm not getting any answers out of him when I talk to him I just might accuse him of being involved just to see how he reacts.

I am sure you are a busy person, but you are rolling so far and I look forward to seeing what may happen.

I'm actually the complete opposite of busy. I got out of the Army in August and still haven't gotten a job yet, mostly because I'm enjoying my little break
Saturday night I might be busy getting drunk, but hopefully not to drunk too make a call!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THEY'D LIKE ME TO ASK ART BELL pertaining to this subject for if I do end up calling him? I've already composed a list of potential questions that should invariably lead to some interesting answers at the very least, but I'm not going to post them on here due to the fact that he may have already been informed of this thread and I don't want to spoil any surprises or give him a chance to prepare for the onslaught. (Am I paranoid or what?) But yeah, so I'm open to any suggestions of questions if you have any ideas.

[edit on 16/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
an3krist,

I think you not sending him a link yet is a good idea! As far as not being busy yet, you have done your duty for honor and country and I think you deserve it! By the way, something to relate to you with, Art Bell served in Vietnam, I also was involved with the U.S. Navy, developing flight system components for the F18 Hornet.
Check out the website for Art Bell at , his show syndicates should be listed via station on the bottom of the homepage by clicking on your state!
Question possibilities for Art Bell/George Noory:
1. Do you think the call was genuine?
2. Did it freak you out or did you not believe it?
3. Any sources that would lead or debunk its credibility?
4. What was with the satellite system shutdown, coincidence??

I don't really know, you have a great list that I am sure we would all agree with.......BUT tell him about ATS in the end!

Thanks an3krist, talk to you later, Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Does his show broadcast on MX? If so, what number? I should have my MX radio up and running by Saturday and it's my first experience with it. Any handy MXer advice?

I will try and think of some good questions and then you can pick out the best ones from all of us an3. Sound like a good plan?

You know, the screener may blow you off because it's such an old subject and has died off. You may have to trick the screener to get on. Also a good idea would be to use the Cheyenne story as a backup subject.

For all we know his screeners could be reading this thread right now! Wouldn't that be a kick in the head!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Can't wait to hear the call,if you decide to call that is.Hopefully someone'll be able to download it so we can all listen in.As far as questions I'd just take some of the things that have been discussed here and structure them into questions.Should be enough here.
If you don't decide to call in/don't get through,I'd say emailing him this thread would be an awesome fallback idea.Other than that I have no idea how you could get through to the man.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well I guess C2C is on XM Radio! No thanks to you guys!

Anyway, now that I'm hooked in I will most likely listen in.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
jbondo,

Sorry man, I was wondering what MX radio was until your last post, I then figured it ou, XM radio!
I thought you just had some other new type of radio system with that MX thing!
Anyway, I'll be watching/listening as well on Saturday night! You can also take a look on C2C's website and see what the upcoming shows are going to be on, the subjects that is! There's a wierd break for commercials arounf midnight CST, so if you come across this, just be patient, the show will resume shortly thereafter!

Peace out for now,
Mondo

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
jbondo,

Sorry man, I was wondering what MX radio was until your last post, I then figured it ou, XM radio!
I thought you just had some other new type of radio system with that MX thing!
Anyway, I'll be watching/listening as well on Saturday night! You can also take a look on C2C's website and see what the upcoming shows are going to be on, the subjects that is! There's a wierd break for commercials arounf midnight CST, so if you come across this, just be patient, the show will resume shortly thereafter!

Peace out for now,
Mondo

Holy Crap! I put the letters backwards! No wonder I wasn't seeing any input!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You know, the screener may blow you off because it's such an old subject and has died off. You may have to trick the screener to get on.

I've been trying to think of a clever way to get past the screener without flat out lying about the subject matter. What do y'all think about me telling the screener that I'm Brian and want to talk to Art about the incident? Then when I'm talking to Art I could say his screener must've misunderstood, that I just told him/her that I wanted to talk about Brian, not that I was Brian. This might work, just to get me on the show, even if it is a little scheming and unconventional. I just worry that it might make me lose some of my credibility. Hmmmmm...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Like you said that might work....but it also might get them a bit PO'd if they figure out you duped them to get on the show.Hey,your the one doing it though.I say do what you gotta do to get this mystery solved.I was also wondering...are the live shows free,or do you have to have a subscription to hear them?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi Y'all!

Interesting thread here. Just wanted to stop in and add one more theory to the list. Consider this:

I remembered Richard Hoagland telling Art Bell that he knew for a fact that the nightshift at JPL and a few other facilities listened to coast to coast to help them stay awake, once he even heard it playing in the background as he spoke with a friend that worked there (JPL) and the friend said that they play it over the speaker system.

So, say the call was a joke, and Area 51 was listening to the broadcast during their nightshift and when they heard the caller they thought one of their own was about to spill the secrets so they threw the switch on the satellite link. Afterwards they realized that it was not one of their workers. FYI Area 51 is very close to Art's home outside Pahrump, which is where he was broadcasting from at that time. He recently moved to the Phillipines and broadcasts from there. I think his wife does the screening for him (not sure).

I've sent a fax to Mr. Hoagland asking him about it since he is familiar with these facilities and is a close friend of Art's. I also asked him if he would consider posting on this site just as John Lear does. If I get any replies from him I'll let you know, but really I hope he stops in and posts his answer.

STM

P.S. I did not mention that you were going to call Art on the air. But I gotta say that I really don't think it was for the ratings, I remember when it happened and the show was off the air so long I changed channels, and if I did probably others did as well.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hiya STM! Good to have ya adding some new things to the thread.I'm not all that familiar with Richard Hoagland,but if he's got more info on this,or you could get him to start posting on ATS,that would definately be cool.Kind of adds a new element to this story when you say the folks at Area 51 were/are tuning in to C2C.Hopefully something will come of this....the wait for answers from Noory,Art,Hoagland is killing me lol.

Thanks for helping out with this.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Like you said that might work....but it also might get them a bit PO'd if they figure out you duped them to get on the show.Hey,your the one doing it though.I say do what you gotta do to get this mystery solved.I was also wondering...are the live shows free,or do you have to have a subscription to hear them?

Hi Doc!

The Coast to Coast broadcasts are free on your regular radio, don't know what the subscription for XM is. Just go to the www.coasttocoastam.com site and click on affiliates, this should direct you to a local station playing the broadcast. If you are not listed on their map you would have to subscribe for like $6 a month? maybe it's up to $7 or $8, it's been awhile since I checked, to listen to their live broadcasts off the internet. I can't wait for Sat/Sunday's programs, hope he makes it on! It's a great idea for a question!

STM

[edit on 17-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its on the Tool Laturalas CD end of track 13 I think. The guy ended up dead I belive.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Like you said that might work....but it also might get them a bit PO'd if they figure out you duped them to get on the show.Hey,your the one doing it though.I say do what you gotta do to get this mystery solved.

I don't think I'm too worried about having Art Bell pissed off at me. I actually think that for publicity reasons he would love that kind of a thing. The weirdos and the crazy ideas and the unorthodox kinda stuff is what makes his show interesting, and probably what makes it one of the most listened to radio talk shows in the country. (Number 3 I think?) The only reason I would worry about pissing him off is if he wouldn't let me ask my questions, or if I somehow lost my credibility by pulling a fast one on him. I want him to take me seriously and I want him to have the impression that I'm very professional and not some amateur loser who just wanted to get on his show and get some attention. But whatever...it's a means to an end I guess. Maybe the only way to win the battle against disinformation is to fight fire with fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join