It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember this? This guy sounded real!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Okay, after listening to his show for the last few minutes I think my original approach was way too aggressive, bordering downright mean. I guess I organized my strategy as if I was interrogating a criminal. If I was interviewing a witness in court it would be phenomenal, but I just can't treat Art like that, even if he would take it. I need to rewrite my questions and strategy. I'm probably reading too much into it, I just want to get the most out of my call. I'm not sure I'll call in tonight, so if you're staying up late to try and hear me you might wanna go to bed before you get disappointed. Also, does anyone know if he's going to have open lines again tonight? He's interviewing somebody right now, so I'm not sure if he's going to have open lines tonight or if he just wants calls based on the subject matter. Hmmmm, this whole thing isn't going quite as planned and I haven't even tried to call in yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think he said that his guest couldn't stay on long cause he was jetlagged,so there would be open lines again after the interview.On a funny side note : While I was listening to callers a guy named Brian called in and I was like.....did an3 just call in saying he was that Brian guy????

[edit on 19-11-2006 by DocGonzo]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hm, this might have to wait until tomorrow night when I can call in the first hour. STM says that Art was asking for callers and had a few lines open in the beginning. Tomorrow night I'm not doing anything, so I won't be too busy to call. I'll keep listening tonight and see if he opens lines again, but this will probably have to wait til tomorrow. I would imagine Sunday nights are easier to get on anyway, but I dunno. I didn't know he plays music on his show! I love that song "Roundabout" by Yes. Haha. Hm, but yeah so here's the questions I was originally gonna ask just so y'all know what my original plan was but I've pretty much thrown that strategy in the trash:

1. "Do you personally believe that Brian was just a hoaxer or do you think maybe he had been telling the truth in his first call?"

2. "Does it raise any red flags with you that Steve, a caller who claimed to be a current employee at Groom Lake Facility, actually predicted that Brian would call back and say it was a hoax?"

3. "Aside from the call from Brian 'confessing' to his hoax, do you have any other reason to believe it was a lie? Any sources confirming the validity of his confession or the falacy of his original call?"

4. "Do you think there's any significance whatsoever in the fact that the call happened on September 11th?" (And if he said no because he thinks it was a hoax- "If the call had been real, would you think there was any significance then?")

5. "Do you ever worry that something you say or someone you talk to may put you or your show in some kind of jeopardy, after what happened with the satellite getting knocked out that night? Have you since or do you plan on ever opening the line to Area 51 employees, or any other groups again?"

6. "Now, my last question is, if YOU, for whatever reason, had been involved in this hoax, if that is what it was, do you think you would admit it to your listeners after the fact or would you take the secret to your grave?" (I worded it so as not to be too accusatory, but prevent it from being a simple yes or no answer!
I think he wouldn't have taken too well to this question though.)

So if anyone else gets to call before me you can use some of those questions if you want, although rewording might be a good idea. I'm working on a revised list of questions for if I call in.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
an3krist,

Sounds good, probably even a better idea to get the feel of the show once before you call in. Also, you will probably not have time for all your questions, so you my want to narrow it down to just a couple in case! Ask the ones that are the most important to you first and then have a back up plan for the rest if he gives you time!
What time are you going to try on Sunday night? In central time if I may ask??

Thanks again, the suspense is killing all of us I think!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I like your questions an3 but as STM and I were discussing last night, you may break the ice if you go into it like this:

Art: And next on the line we have an3 (or whatever name you use)

You: Hi Art

Art: Hi, bla, bla

You: Art, I assume you're familiar with AboveTopSevret.com (I'm sure he is)

Art: Yes, bla, bla

You: Well we have a thread raging about an incident that happened 9 yrs ago and allot of people from the thread are tuned in tonight. We are just trying to clarify some issues and bring some closure to the subject.

I think this approach may help to get the ball rolling.

I was really tempted to call last night myself but my phone was out of juice. I didn't think you would mind as long as one of us got thru. I wasn't planning on showing you up or anything, just figured we are all in this together and we aren't looking for individual credit or anything.

Unfortunately, I have to work early in the morning tomorrow. Start of a new work week and everything. So if you did get on tonight or the next 3 days I can't be up listening. But I will be with you in spirit my friend!

I believe STM sent him an E-mail. I'd be interested in if he responded.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Almost time again. This still going on? I noticed the thread has died down quite a bit lately....
Hope someone can get through and get some answers.Cheers!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Anybody get through or hear any email info back!?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi MD,

No response back from Hoagland yet, fingers crossed that there will be. And there was no response on the show to my fastblast to Art. You know, I can't say I really like the new set-up Art has. He used to respond to questions like that, wonder if the producers are screening the fastblasts too. When he and his wife were running the whole show it was much more fluid, the mood was kept up with the unusual unscreened callers, his wife did screen them just to make sure it wasn't a cellphone being used, and he would answer several of the fastblasts. It is probably due to his remote location, wish he would move back. Probably, at this point sending him a few emails asking the questions, in a very nice way, seems the most direct avenue, or try again next week.

STM

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Seems that we at a crossroads, or rather, in a holding pattern whilst awaiting a reply from Hoagland, Bell, etc... I hope we get some sort of feedback soon!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
hey, i stumbled upon this thread while searching for something totally different, but this definitely has my interest. I just thought i'd chime in and get the thread started again. Has anyone found any new info that they'd like to share. I really hope we get to the bottom of this issue. For some reason this caller struck a cord with me. At first i was really skeptical but something about his voice scared even me while he was talking about how the space program came into contact with the aliens. Anyways lets keep this thread going and find the truth!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I remember well the night that a private pilot took his plane into Area 51 airspace and, for some reason, decided to call Art Bell (of all people) to file his hysterical "live report"... I remember grinning to myself, listening to the drama unfold. The pilot's call consisted mainly of breathless exclamations, and then he claimed he could see a "rail gun" being trained on him, just before the call abruptly terminated.

Several questions immediately came to mind as the intrepid pilot relayed his account to Art:

1.) Why did he try this stunt at night, given that Area 51 is not included on any commercially available maps?

2.) Are GPS coordinates for restricted U.S. military installations available to the general public?

3.) If the pilot was suicidal and flew his private plane into high-security restricted military airspace knowing he was going to be shot down, WHY was his last call made to Art Bell, the crack-whore of the paranormal?

4.) Did he call anyone else prior to his suicidal run (like, say, his family, friends, etc)?? Why haven't they come forward?

5.) Did the pilot circle around for a while as he waited for Art's screener to forward the call?

6.) Again, because it was night, how did he spot the "rail gun" that he said was being pointed at him from the ground?

7.) Were there any reports of mysteriously missing private aircraft in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, or southern California the very next day?

Yes, I remember the incident, and I remember thinking that it was pure hokum, a crank call. Haven't heard any updates in the years that followed to make me believe otherwise.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
As some people have said, you can hear the recording on a hidden track on the TOOL album Lateralus. I've got it in my drive as we speak, and listening to it (before i got into any of this stuff) used to always freak me out. He (whoever he is) sounds very convincing.

What i want to know is did they just play the TOOL track on the radio, or did the TOOL track use the radio recording? Who came first? If you understand me.

EDIT: Gah... i've got chills listening to that again. Shivering now...

[edit on 12-2-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You can find it on google

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Very interesting thread! This guy sure doesn't sound like he's faking it but have not yet listened to what that man Brian has to say about it.

Also, just a suggestion but with long threads like this, maybe it would be a good idea for the OP to post a summary and what the consensus is on what the topic is -- in this case a recording but this goes for photo's and movies posted in threads like this that have too many pages for most new members to read everything over to get some idea on what's going on.

Having said this, do most members here believe that this guy is for real or is he faking it?
And do most members believe that Brian was the first caller? Seem's might strange that someone who was acting like the first caller then comes on later saying it was all a hoax. That's just too WEIRD in my book.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It sounds like the same guy to me. I just question why he felt he had to call back and explain himself. He pulled it off perfectly in the first call. Then he defeated his own purpose by calling back a second time. So maybe he was made to?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
It sounds like the same guy to me. I just question why he felt he had to call back and explain himself. He pulled it off perfectly in the first call. Then he defeated his own purpose by calling back a second time. So maybe he was made to?

or maybe He intended to pull this stunt for a couple of minutes, and give Art "Suprise, Suprise" and reveal himself in the same phonecall. But then the power went.

I might even speculate that "the Agency" that secures Area 51 information might have thought they had a real leak and chose "better be safe than sorry" and cut their transmission. Actually its an interesting thought. The "faker" might have hit a few true points who knows?

Or the "faker" worked for "the Agency" and they chose this method to see what reactions theyd get. Then they debunk it themselves as to limit their own furtherence of Area 51 lore.

or something

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The conversation got off by the faking guy himself, because he was just having a big laughjust before the end...Didnt'u really realise it?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm sure this guy was faking. The caller wasn't paranoid — paranoids are convinced the world is out to get them personally; but this guy was crying for the world, oh, all those poor people who are going to be terminated, etc. Like some sort of hysterical Mother Teresa... which I don't buy.

Again, if you're seriously trying to warn the world about an X-File-type government/alien conspiracy to conquer the Earth, why would you call Art Bell, the crack-whore of the paranormal? I mean, Art's guests forecast doom & gloom (but you can buy a 10 Secrets for Escaping Doom Video) every friggin' night. What I'm saying is, Art Bell's program isn't exactly a premium venue, if you want to be taken seriously.

You know, send an exposé video or something to major news outlets worldwide, join an armed militia, highjack a television station, for Godsake, but don't call Art Bell.

As for the guy's acting ability... Not convincing to me, and I took collegiate drama. In my opinion, it was just another hoax, another crank call. The sort of vaudeville that drives Art Bell's whole operation.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/12/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I cant believe how some people is still believing this.

The record of the original call is posted, and the record of the 2nd call when the guy reveleas himself as a prank, is posted too.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
High Five and Doc,

Well great to see the thread gain some life again!
As far as I know, there was a member that was trying to conatct Art Bell to see if there was any new information on , "Brian" as the caller's name was. I really never heard much but would really like to see a renewed interest in it.
Maybe it was a prank, maybe not but as the thread indicates....this guy that called in sounded legitimate in the fear that he held in his voice to me anyway.

Let's try to dig up some stuff and relay the info here again!!

Peace, Mondo

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join