It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember this? This guy sounded real!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is a supremely interesting thread, and the whole situation has got me tingling with excitement. I think to figure out if it's a hoax or not we have to look at the two possible motives he could've had for doing a hoax: 1. To instill fear in the listeners. 2. To get attention. If he was just trying to get attention, he did a very good job of it. I'd be interested to know if he's the kind of person who craves that kind of attention. This would be a valid reason to perform this hoax the way he did. However, if he was trying to instill fear in people, then he would not have called back in to admit that he had been lying. If he gets his rocks off by knowing he did something to scare people, he would let it last so that the feeling wouldn't go away. I'll admit it sounded like real fear and panic in his voice, but the best actors don't act, they "are" the part they're playing. And all he had to do was snort some coc aine before the show and he coulda sounded like that without effort. And all the typing brought me no closer to answer. We probably won't know until the other-dimensional beings start to kill us off...or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
explain the satellite feed going off then! Art Bell himself says that it had never happened before nor after! Quite a few strange things going on in this whole thing, don't you think?
I can grasp the idea that he was maybe acting, although who really knows as you say!? No idea about the coc aine idea, never done it, so in all honesty I cannot relate to that. This is very very wierd, and I wonder if anybody has heard from this guy ever again.....Maybe we should contact Art Bell and see what he thinks, what he knows!

In fact, that's one great idea, I don't know how to do it, but I bet Art Bell would be honored to be involved in such an intense discussion about something that happened on his show....we should get on this for sure!!!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Actually it's quite simple to contact him, you just call his show whenever it's on. Um...I think he's only on the show once a week now and somebody else does his show the rest of the time or something, I'm not sure. I'll look it up and maybe I'll give him a call myself. Well, I got "his" email address. He probably pays someone to return the emails if at all, but I'll email him about this and see if I hear anything back.

[edit on 15/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sounds great, be sure to let me/us know what you find out! I know that when the whole Nick pope thing came out last weekend, Art had not heard about it. A caller told him about it and within 10 minutes, Art had Nick on the phone and it was live from England! So, maybe we can get some info or at least an update!

Thanks, looking forward to any news!
Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
After listening to both calls I am of the opinion that it is not the same guy. I may not have the credentials the rainmaker has but I do have a keen sense for sound and voice. I can pick voices off of the radio or television and identify the person, even lesser known people. Just as an example, many years ago there was a comedian called the unknown comic (many of you older folk know who I mean). In his very first appearance I was able to identify who was behind the mask just by his voice.

Not to go off topic but does anyone know the story on those people mentioned in the confession call that worked at Cheyenne Mountain. Supposedly they took early retirement and took their families and left the country? I'm trying to find info on the bet but am coming up empty.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, I might not be very good at discerning whether it's the same voice or not because I thought they sounded pretty similar. The part that bothers me though, is that his original call, he didn't really have much trouble flying by the seat of his pants and fabricating a completely outrageous yet semi-believable story with big words, relevant terms and such. Yet when he was asked to perform the character again, he couldn't really think of anything to say except, "I really don't wanna do this, you're making me nervous," or whatever it was he said. He did a first-class improvisational act that had tons of people convinced, then goes to being a complete idiot who couldn't think of a single thing to say? That doesn't fit. He was either in a completely different mindset, i.e. on some kind of drug or something during one of the two calls and not on the other, or I'd say it's two different but very similar-sounding human beings.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
anybody know how how to do voice analysis?????

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Well, I might not be very good at discerning whether it's the same voice or not because I thought they sounded pretty similar. The part that bothers me though, is that his original call, he didn't really have much trouble flying by the seat of his pants and fabricating a completely outrageous yet semi-believable story with big words, relevant terms and such. Yet when he was asked to perform the character again, he couldn't really think of anything to say except, "I really don't wanna do this, you're making me nervous," or whatever it was he said. He did a first-class improvisational act that had tons of people convinced, then goes to being a complete idiot who couldn't think of a single thing to say? That doesn't fit. He was either in a completely different mindset, i.e. on some kind of drug or something during one of the two calls and not on the other, or I'd say it's two different but very similar-sounding human beings.

I agree and I also think he sounded more like the first call in his regular voice before he tried to sound panicked again.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrior1
anybody know how how to do voice analysis?????

I do. You spend a ton of money on software that may or may not be readily available to the general public.

OH WAIT! I think I just found a free trial for some voice comparison software! I'll let you know if I get it to work!

Um, this free trial isn't necessarily the best software, and I'm going to have to do some converting and editing of the original files, and figure out how to use this software, but if I find anything conclusive I'll let you know.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I find it wierd that the guy felt he needed to call back and confess.

I bet he could re-inact that panic the second time with a Gov. agent stocking a 9mm to him of a loved ones head.

A few things going on with the original call, first it really did seem get wrenchingly realistic, second th Sat. went down. Then Art came back on the airr shaken because the sytem had never done that before.

Also look at the date of that first broadcast, Sept. 11 1997. Funny it was on 9/11. Maybe both calls were fakes and the Gov. wanted this story out there...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
2 things I need to note:

1. He mentioned that they were going to triangulate his position really soon. What about the time period when he was on hold waiting to get on the air? Shouldn't they have triangulated by then. Could they have gotten a fix on him before he got a chance to talk? Or, maybe they couldn't phsyically get to him in time so they just blew out the sat. But how'd they do that?

2. Mental note to self-Move out of Los Angeles and get house in country side.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay, I downloaded some voice analysis software, converted the confession and original call into correct format for analysis, cut out the junk from both so they were shorter clips each with only Brian/Area 51 employee's voice, (the one of his confession I used clip of him re-acting out so it would be a more similar comparison), ran the two clips through the analyzing software, and these screenshots are the results. I realized after all that work that I have no idea what any of these mean or how to compare the two so I'm posting in hopes that somebody else can read these results. In the screen shots, the bottom clip is shorter, it is the one of his re-acting out during his "confession", the top clip is his original phone call:

SPECTROGRAM:

img489.imageshack.us...

SPECTROGRAM WITH RESONANCE ANALYSIS:

img218.imageshack.us...

PITCH/SPL:

img489.imageshack.us...

POWER SPECT:

img489.imageshack.us...

If anyone can interpret these please do. This may not be the software needed to compare the two voices, but it was the best I could do. The only significant differene I can see is the "Signal" bar, but I dunno what it means. Although they look fairly similar, (like I know what I'm looking at!), there are a few minor differences which may be attributed to a difference in his anxiety level or something maybe. Or maybe they're two different guys. Or maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Had the caller unplugged on his side and the broadcast went silent because he disconnected then I'd understand that he may have been faking it, but Art says the entire system was knocked off line.

Only other explanation is Art is in show business and staged it all for entertainment purposes.

If the show did get knocked off at the source and Art ,,,,the shows directors did not have a hand in it...then there is a 92% chance the call was legit. You could tell the guy knew it was totally out of his hands of control to avoid whatever he thought might happen to him.

Some say the guy called back and apologized but what if it was someone else that called and apologized. Either someone entirely different or possibly something that took control of him.

So now we are faced with the possibility these ETs could be more like spiritual demons/angels of sorts rather than biological like you and me and explains how they could infiltrate our leaders with good ole possession. Thats not good. Because basically it takes the control out of the humans hands because many of us operate on a 3 dimensional 5 senses way of doing things. Many of us believe in spirituality to a degree on a limited level as a simple concept to perhaps be experienced when we die or with several years of hardcore meditation exercises. In other words it isnt quite as real as we would view the monitor on our desktops as being real.

This may also explain why some have said that during an abduction they called on Jesus and it made the entities flee.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
jbondo - I was wondering the same as you regarding the Cheyenne Mountain employees. My searches have yielded nada as well....

K

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonke05
jbondo - I was wondering the same as you regarding the Cheyenne Mountain employees. My searches have yielded nada as well....

K

Thanks for trying my friend!

Anyone else that could help?

As for the analysis, you can clearly see where the harmonic magnito amplitude is....Sorry, I can't stop laughing!

Seriously though, I do see significant differences between the two in every shot. I'm surprised it doesn't give you some type of guidline. He would probably have to be saying the same exact thing and then you would overlay one on top of the other.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by jbondo
Anyone else that could help?

I'm working on this without much luck.
I'll let you know if I find anything.

He would probably have to be saying the same exact thing and then you would overlay one on top of the other.

Yeah I thought maybe he needs to be saying the same thing, too, but I dunno. This software is free trial of what's probably a cheap knockoff software anyway. Either way the results are just a bunch of colored graphs to me that don't really make much sense. Haha. Ah well, it was fun pretending to be a detective for a half hour or so anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not a problem...I was looking as well. Wonder if there is any correlation between this and the Bush family purchasing ~100,000 acres in Paraguay...

Will keep on looking.

K

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonke05
Wonder if there is any correlation between this and the Bush family purchasing ~100,000 acres in Paraguay...

K

Not unless they all move there suddenly! Well, with 3 of us now searching we may find something or someone that knows.

an3, at least you made an attempt at identifying the voices. I would vote you WAS but I'm out for the month.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
its cool...i voted for him -- just for his effort. it was very much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Woooah! really hard one here for debunking, personally I think a good actor could do this, on the other hand i am open-minded and until proven recognise what this man said, for the time being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join