It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a series of odd events

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lions and tigers
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Hey Ninjutsu, who wrote the above quote?

That'd be Buddha

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lions and tigers
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Hey Ninjutsu, who wrote the above quote?

That's a buddhists quote.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The only pictures that are being accused of having slowed down aperatures were taken by my friends little brothers girlfriend and i dont think she'd know how to do that with her camera , i dont even know how to do it with mine. So unless her camera is malfunctioning , i dont know. Just remember this is a real situation happening to real people , what do i need to quit exactly? Quit trying to find answers while these people just sit around and break mentally? These people are drained and just freaked out so much that their everyday lives are not a question if something is going to happen but what time of the day it's going to happen and they're sick of it.

Edit : The only thing i said about the mothman was ive thought about it and i dont like the theory . So im not calling it the mothman and i havent been.

Edit: Anyone says anything else about the mothman im pulling this car over.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Redeemer]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
lions and tigers

so , what did you

think of the face/skull ?

---------------------------

oh , and the voices . seems like
a man [ used to doing this b4 ]
making weird noises to
intimidate....

I'm not saying it's not legit,
just that this is a human
acting as if....

toasted

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Double post ooooops (sorry)

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Scotlandshope]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Leave the dogs and guns out of your hunt , tranq the beast and hold it alive , that way when it's friends come to get it , kill 'em all

But seriously get some good pictures of this "thing" and you may be onto a winner

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Personally I think the picture you posted (external link) just looks like a shot of a couple people with a cigarette. In the original pic it looks to me like smoke swirls coming from a cigarette between two fingers in the lower left corner of the picture. Also it looks like a person with a face, a hint of a red shirt, and possibly a blue coat over it. Looks as if the camera was shaking again as well. Just my opinions.

Please post any other information/evidence you can gather ... I don't disbelieve you yet, but you have to admit that the photographic and aural evidence provided thus far is far from conclusive.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
That picture is awfully blurry, it looks like the photographer has held the shutter open and waved the camera around in front of them
Take a camera out and just point it in the direction of this beast. Even if you are running at full speed it shouldn't come out this bad!

Oh yeah and take some dogs.

And guns

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Personally I think the picture you posted (external link) just looks like a shot of a couple people with a cigarette. In the original pic it looks to me like smoke swirls coming from a cigarette between two fingers in the lower left corner of the picture. Also it looks like a person with a face, a hint of a red shirt, and possibly a blue coat over it. Looks as if the camera was shaking again as well. Just my opinions.

Please post any other information/evidence you can gather ... I don't disbelieve you yet, but you have to admit that the photographic and aural evidence provided thus far is far from conclusive.

I agree these pictures may not be too good but they are authentic. I'll only be accepting pictures that i take myself from now on though so nobody can try to argue that the camera was tampered with. I suspect the girl's camera may be malfunctioning , the only thing i caught with my camera was that strange light. The hunt isn't over yet. I'll go back out later today and try to gather more evidence , this has became a fun hobby for me and if we ever come to a conclusion with this situation i may investigate further strange activity.

Edit : I have no problem admiting the "evidence" i have submitted so far is iffy at best but im not exactly being picky about what i get. I'll try to only post interviews with people and really solid evidence from now on . Im not expecting to get the long sought after smoking gun evidence though. I just hope people on the forum keep following this with me and continue to cooperate , skeptics and believers alike.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer

I agree these pictures may not be too good but they are authentic. I'll only be accepting pictures that i take myself from now on though so nobody can try to argue that the camera was tampered with. I suspect the girl's camera may be malfunctioning , the only thing i caught with my camera was that strange light. The hunt isn't over yet. I'll go back out later today and try to gather more evidence , this has became a fun hobby for me and if we ever come to a conclusion with this situation i may investigate further strange activity.

I forgot to mention that the pic that you took does look very interesting. Just not quite what you described as them seeing (a ball of light is not quite a shadowy figure). Nevertheless I am curious what it is. I have been to Savannah and south of the area and there are ALOT of freaky phenomena that I cannot explain.

Edit : I have no problem admiting the "evidence" i have submitted so far is iffy at best but im not exactly being picky about what i get. I'll try to only post interviews with people and really solid evidence from now on . Im not expecting to get the long sought after smoking gun evidence though. I just hope people on the forum keep following this with me and continue to cooperate , skeptics and believers alike.

That's what it's all about. If you are true in your intentions then let everyone say what they will. Provide as much evidence as you can and people will draw their own conclusions.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Redeemer,

I recall a few post previously where you stated that you had taken the pics just last night, I will assume you meant what you said and certainly wouldn't try to "dupe" anyone here on ATS.

However, there is a concern (apart from the audio concern I mentioned earlier in the thread) about this scenario now...

Please look at these 2 images I will provide for you

Properties Page 1

and

Properties Page 2

Now, as I'm not apt to automatically disbelieving someone, perhaps you could explain to us all here on ATS why certain elements of these properties exist DIRECTLY FROM the photos you uploaded to photobucket... I have not altered YOUR photo's in any manner; have only downloaded them and examined the properties of them.

Please take note that most people who are intent on scamming or hoaxing a community tend to forget (especially in the digital world) that devices these days leave a audit trail or watermark (apart from a TRUE watermark) a digital signature of its own elemental structure.

For those who do not wish to download or view the images i provided, I will summarize my concerns about the properties of Redeemers photos that he uploaded to photobucket:

The Exposure time of 8.00 Seconds?? I would say thats substantial wouldnt YOU??
    That could certainly account for it being so incredibly blurry.

The images creation date/time of Tuesday February 8, 2005 ??
    That's WELL over a year ago.

Now, unless there's something i'm missing, I believe you may be starting to lose credibility in my eyes.

None the less, good luck to you, on whatever your endeavor may be

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Which image was this? If it wasn't the one from my camera then i believe someone has some explaining to do to me. The only picture i uploaded from my own camera was the one of the light in the woods. If these are the properties of the pictures from my friends girlfriend's camera then by all means disregard all her pictures and as i stated before i'll only be uploading pictures from my own camera from now on , the long exposure time would explain a lot of things. She told me they were taken recently , i'll question her again and im sorry if she wasn't telling the truth. Because not only does that make me look like a liar but it also will make people turn away from this thread and stop helping me. So please tell me what picture that was.

Edit: I commend you on your efforts by the way. Im not here to waste anyone's time and i aplogize if it seems like that. Im prepared for the storm of criticism that will possibly come from posting those pictures up. February 2005 was a long time ago and i dont think digital signatures lie. This frustrates me and i'll continue to try to prove i'm not here to pull people's chains although it appears i'll have a long road ahead of me before anyone considers looking at any new "evidence" i upload due to this setback. I'll be more skeptical of other people's pictures etc in the future. Especially teenagers.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

My friends girlfriend apparently took some more pictures out in the woods. I just recieved this one and i believe this could be the face of the enemy itself. This was taken in the woods by my friends house , same place that the drainage tunnels are located. You might need to brighten the pic and maybe you wont see the same thing i see but i definately see a face in that.

Edit: Try turning the contrast up on it. It stands out.

i6.photobucket.com...

This picture was taken using an iSonic Snapbox DC501 Digital Camera.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Redeemer]

Redeemer, it was the picture referenced here

AB1

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah , that was taken by my friend's girlfriend. Im disregarding all pictures taken by her from now on. As i said in my edit above.
Teenagers. I might have to get agressive in my investigation and pick these people apart until someone admits playing a joke on me or i find some hard evidence.

There's nothing i hate more than being made a fool of.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yeah , that was taken by my friend's girlfriend. Im disregarding all pictures taken by her from now on. As i said in my edit above.
Teenagers. I might have to get agressive in my investigation and pick these people apart until someone admits playing a joke on me or i find some hard evidence.

There's nothing i hate more than being made a fool of.

Certainly...I dont blame you if they are, in fact, doing that to you. You can tell em AlphaBeta said try harder next time

However, if they're not, then perhaps there is a reasonable explanation which, if there IS, clearly I know and I'm sure you would love to hear that explanation.

AB1

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well im determined to get to the bottom of this paranormal or just somebody thinking they are funny. Someone was tampering around in the woods yesterday with the storm drain system , apparently where the "creature" was seen. I dont think ethereal beings sneak into the woods and try to cover up storm drains , then open the gratings and throw shrubbery down in the tunnels. Some kid is messing around out there , i have pictures of what they did but it doesnt even come close to paranormal so there's no sense in posting it. It's getting fishy now. I'll be ready to jump on whoever i see out there if i dont recognize them. I'm ready to close this investigation , wrap most of the sightings up to paranoia and mind tricks and the phone calls to some kid messing around. How they intercepted a call , i dont know but its not impossible.

If we dont prove the paranormal , we'll end up proving the normal and that's good enough for me. Gives me something to punch

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the locale information.

Not that it proves anything but it does shed some light on your story.

-Area is pretty secluded

-Not a heavily populated area

-A vehicle could gain access to your site, but why

Some more questions when you get time...

The Truck

Area population is fairly low, it this a truck you or your friends would be able to recognize or have seen something similar since the occurrence?

The area you camped in, was it at random or was a spot that others may have camped in before or an area frequented by others.

I am trying to discount the truck as a random occurrence and not one of any value to the story. The more events you can rule out, the closer you can get to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Some more questions when you get time...

The Truck

Area population is fairly low, it this a truck you or your friends would be able to recognize or have seen something similar since the occurrence?

The area you camped in, was it at random or was a spot that others may have camped in before or an area frequented by others.

I talked to my friend earlier who went on the trip , the one in the video that speaks second. He said he wasnt able to identify the truck due to it being dark outside. This area i believe if im recalling the story correctly , which im sure i am. It was an area that not a lot of people knew of. Most of the guys that went camping went out there in hopes of seeing something paranormal. Which i believe was the reason for the trip. The second person in the video refuses to go out there again at night , even though ive been pressuring him to. I want to go out there at night in hopes of catching a person that's responsible for these tiring antics. If that was in-fact when and where it started.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm still not buying any of this, however I think the possibility exists that you Redeemer are a victim. There is something being perpetrated here and if it were me, I would jump my friends until they admitted what was going on.

It's the same old scenario of inconclusive evidence combined with an unbelievable story. Either you are messing with ATS or someone is messing with you.

As I always say, give out the rope and wait for the hanging. I will try to keep from swinging my hammer on that coffin nail.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well thanks guys , if anything new happens ill post it up but only if it's really good evidence. My friend is still getting phone calls but i've came to the conclusion that if this does have an explanation it wont be explained any time soon. I'll just sit back and watch the events unfold. Some may believe me and some may not but i'll stick around here on ATS. There's really nothing else i can post except a picture of the supposed creature out in the open or some kid caught in the act of making prank calls. Peace and if anyone has any helpful suggestions on how to catch a person that's doing this short of calling the police , feel free to post your idea.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join