It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a series of odd events

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Im speaking on behalf of my friend. At first i thought he and my other friends had rather over-active imaginations and dismissed everything he said until i witnessed it for myself , here's his story.

About 2 years ago my friend and a few others were camping out in the woods in southeast georgia. It was probably 4 am in the morning when they saw a strange shadowy figure lurking outside the tent. Going out to inspect the situation it dashed off into the woods as my friend looked up he saw a group of what appeared to be people standing off in the clearing near a truck. They were staring him down and when they noticed he saw them they got in their vehicle and sped off. Ever since then my friends have been harassed and haunted by a tall shadowy figure. Having seen it myself it was about 8 feet tall , completely black and could jump 10 feet into the air in a single leap. It appeared to have wings on its back. It has even appeared in the day time and chased us through an underground tunnel system. Recently it started to leave messages on the phones of everyone who was in the woods that night. Always leaving the same message in one of the most in-human voices i have ever heard . "12 will die. None will survive." Im really insistant on getting to the bottom of this. Me and my friends are mentally exhausted and most of the time we bunker down in our houses until we feel it's safe to go out. I'd like to know if anyone has heard of anything like this before and im hoping to find out what exactly this being is. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure, sorry. Never really quit herd of this, sounds scary though. I suggest you and your friends arm yourselves, and quick.

Oh and also, Do you live in NJ?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We all live in Georgia. Ive never expierenced anything like this before in my life. We're all seriously weirded out beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would be as well, like I said you definatly should arm yourselves for the worst. If things get out of hand contact police. You might be in serious danger, from what you said sounds like your beign stalked by some sort of murderer. If i were you I'd carry something to protect myself at all times, and use street smarts. By that i mean Never be alone when traveling, don't go out at night, have something to protect yourself. Can you maybe give some more explanation about the figue, or the people, what type of cars drove off, whatever else you know.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Have you looked in to something called mothman?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mothman was the name given to a strange creature sighted many times in the Point Pleasant area of West Virginia, on the border with Ohio between November 1966 and November 1967. Some observers described the creature as a man-sized beast with wings and large reflective red eyes, while others claimed that the creature possessed luminous eyes. A number of hypotheses have been put forward to explain what people reported, ranging from paranormal phenomena to owls, but no definitive explanation seems likely at this time.

LINK

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The figure was about 8 feet in height , shadowy and distorted and it had appendages that look like wings , it jumps very high and usually sits up in the trees. i've even heard it make a loud screeching sound. it shambles when it walks and sometimes it crawls. The vehicle was an old ford pickup truck i believe. There's nothing human about this thing. I've thought about it possibly being the mothman but i dont like thinking that.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Kalentka]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When you first described it, I taught it to be the New jersey devil. But since your in GA i've no idea.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Herm, on this camping trip there was no over use of say mushrooms or say acid??

Sounds like you guys could make a movie just like all the other "scary" movies out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i wish i was on drugs. it's not even harassing me and im about to mentally break. there were no drugs involved and this thing has been appearing over a span of two years. over 10 people have seen it. its nobodies imagination and whatever it is , it's real to us. I also have a recording of one of the phone calls. Im sure ill have more soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If the thing really did leave messages, perhaps it's trying to prevent a disaster from occuring. Or something else left the messages as a warning about this creature.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Take a photo while you're running away next time. No making fun of you , it's just a photo would be so healthful.
The only dark menacing figures in my life are bill collectors

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you see this thing often, maybe you can try and snap a picture of it. I'm sure more than one person out there would love to examine photographic evidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Do you know how easy it would be to set something up like this, i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
You can totally freak someone out by just doing something like -
call someone and whisper a website address over the phone, they'll go there and see a message displayed saying '( their name if you can be bothered ), you have 5 days to live'
putting their name there will be doubly freaky.
i'd never do that to anyone though, it's really mean.
i dunno i woudln't worry about it too much.....

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
if someone is messing with me just the thought of it could be causing hallucinations . im going to look in to it more. thanks for the input ill get back to you guys.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you have Celtic blood in you, you may have been visited by the one the Sidhe or BanSidhe aka Banshee if you've English-ized. Many folks get strange visitors before somthing bad happens.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
well, my gut feeling is

the threats seem like an intimidation

to keep you out of that area

I wouldn't call the cops , for now.

til you had a better idea of what's

goin on.

I would try to get photographic evidence

also make and hide backup copies. [ you don't want

to give away the only copy you have !!! ]

write everything down as soon as possible

so nothing is forgotten [ descriptions, locations, time, sounds , etc etc ]

maybe make a digital diary

in NOTEPAD. [ if anyone has a minidisc recorder

use it to record audio if you anticipate an encounter ]

and MAKE A backup COPY !

the point is to keep records and backups

of ALL you run into , including the phone calls and times

of these threats.

you can request from the phone company

a list of what calls you recieved from that date in question.

your friends should also each request a copy

MINUS any explanations to the phone company

whoever requests that info will just get confused

with your story.

you may be able to pinpoint a number or at

least get a concensus of " no number listed " etc

in which case you could have stumbled onto

something you just may want to walk away from.

also , you may want to network with other friends

for similar weirdenss episodes. if you do get a yes

copy, record everything , try to map out a sighting area

to steer clear of.

now what you decide to do next , will

depend on what you come up with

from what you gather together

from your investigation.

goodluck

toasted

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Several suggestions on things you can do...

I don't know how old you are or how well off you are financially, but most private investigators can install a "phone trap" to trace the phone calls.

If you do not have the financial means to do this, contact your local telephone company and report that you are receiving threatening phone calls. Lie... tell them the caller mentioned you specifically by name and said they were coming to kill you. The telephone company should refer you to the local police, at which point an investigation should be conducted (including the telephone company installing a phone trap on your line.)

Purchase a video camera and capture video of this person/thing.

Don't run from it when chased. Confront it. If someone or something wants to harm you IT WILL, no matter what precautions you take. Anyone can be taken by surprise at any time. This person/thing has not harmed you so far so there is no reason to believe it will. Ask it what it wants.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Kalentka,

I was just wondering what area of southeast GA did you camp in, because I live in that area. A very curious happening indeed. This area of the country is teeming with the unexplained and my suggestion to you would to be careful and watch your six at all times. Supernatural or not, arm yourself but keep your head. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds like an amalgam of the following: spring-heeled jack, the mothman, shadow people and possible alien abduction stories.

Funny that the issue seems to be related to a location that you were in at the time. I don't know what 12 has to do with this?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
When you first described it, I taught it to be the New jersey devil. But since your in GA i've no idea.

Well there is this song... "the devil went down to Georgia...".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join