It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Darn it! Scooped again! LOL But you were just waiting fer that one weren't you?

heh, heh, heh

Been saving the "goodies" LOL Tell me what rock this looks like?

Looks like a hotel

...or a parking garage

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Where's Endymion? Find a book with all the craters on the front and back side of the moon. You might need to refer to it in the next few days.

Oh man. Not more homework!!!

You're forcing me to become a moon scholar, John

Good thing Zorgon is providing the Cliff's notes

Ah, well. I'll try on my own first.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i haven't seen anything about this posted yet, but perhaps i'm just wanting to see something here... to me this looks like a nice little cube of some sort... it's from the Copernicus3-full image...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Now, compare The image of Endymion of Lick001-full with the image of Endymion on Lick003-full.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Looks like a hotel

...or a parking garage

Not sure maybe quality control tower... has big long windows...

But its definately not a rock

Its interesting how many people easily spot stuff on these new picture... LOL did we generate a mass awakening?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop[/i
Oh man. Not more homework!!!

PPSSSTTTT don't tell anyone but there are good lunar maps online

SHHHH!

Scale Update...

COPERNICUS crater
Diameter: 60 miles
Depth: 12500'
Class: 1
Rukl: 31
Ring mountain with 2000' multiple central peaks.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Now, compare The image of Endymion of Lick001-full with the image of Endymion on Lick003-full.

Don't have Lickoo3 only oo1 and oo2 and that area in oo2 is foggy...seems like white mist and clouds everywere... big storm brewing so I can't see anything

Heres the "door handle"

No idea what this is..

or this but has a weird shadow and looks like tracks around it... and a whit rectangle at the end

Foggy... storm brewin LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Funny looking white fluff here...

any ideas?

Collection Here

So ummm we need info on craters for back side of moon huh? hmmm can't wait for THOSE pictures...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Oh BTW Just have a question...never researched this yet but...

What is HE3 worth these days and what can we do with that?...

The moon is said to have an abundance of Helium 3, in fact somewhere around 1,100,000 metric tonnes. In retrospect it will take only an estimated 100 tonnes to power the earth for a year. the Chinese plan to land on the moon in 2017 to do research on the moon and to look for Helium 3. The following year, the United States of America plans to return to the moon and set up a base. Should the US try to speed things up so that they claim the rights to the Helium 3?

Chinese are in for a BIG surprize...

And don't forget what a few pounds of ordinary moon rock is worth...at least for now...

VALLETTA, Malta (AP) -- A tiny moon rock believed to be worth about $5 million was stolen from a museum in Malta, 30 years after President Richard Nixon donated it to the Mediterranean island nation.

The theft from the Museum of Natural History in Mdina was discovered Tuesday during a routine check, officials said. A protective cover of plastic had been forced open to take the rock, which was the size of a raisin.

John, make sure we leave enough room for return cargo. No way I go up there with out my rock picks. We need to get some of that on the market before the big rush...

Matt says we need 30 million to build our own saucer that will seat about 10, but 4 are crew...
He's got all the details worked out...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon...Matt says we need 30 million to build our own saucer that will seat about 10, but 4 are crew...
He's got all the details worked out...

Hopefully you aren't talkin' passengers, the first model is already cramped! You will have to hunch over before seating on the flight deck! And you probably won't get that extra airlock we should be including.

If you looked closely at the plans we are trying to cram all that equipment and stores in a fifteen foot sphere. We could carry ten in a thirty foot sphere, but it ramps up the overall size considerably and therefore the cost. And what about storage for the spacesuits? You can't convince me ten people will wear those for two weeks straight! Oh..and $1M each for the suits...

Jeez, its a good thing I snoop, because the wrong impressions can go far....

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Don't have Lickoo3 only oo1 and oo2 and that area in oo2 is foggy...seems like white mist and clouds everywere... big storm brewing so I can't see anything

Whoops, sorry, yes Lick 001 and 002.
You are not looking at Endymion. Endymion is the largest crater near the edge of the moon at about the 1 o'clock position. Please make an image of Endymion in 001 then put it next to an image of Endymion in 002. We will get to the white mist and clouds later and also the Prom. Agarum. But right now lets get the mystery of Endymion out of the way.

And regarding your "Collection Here" the bottom picture shows an immense column of what appears to be smoke or dust that appears to have drifted several miles to the west before ascending up into the vacuum. Wait. A column of smoke can't ascend in a vacuum! It can't even even exist in a vacuum! Do you think those clever guys at NASA airbrushed in a column of smoke or dust or thick particulate so that some idiot would think there was an atmosphere on the Moon so that later they could make him look like a fool by parading out their litany of reasons why the moon can't have an atmosphere: No Raleigh scattering, no occulting of the stars, yadda, yadda, yadda?

by Zorgon Heres the "door handle"

Yes, thats the Lunar Lander. Its a favorite of mine.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Scale Update...

COPERNICUS crater
Diameter: 60 miles
Depth: 12500'
Class: 1
Rukl: 31
Ring mountain with 2000' multiple central peaks.

If the depth of Copernicus was 12,500 feet and you measured from the floor to the approximate top of the rim on a photo of Copernicus and got approximately 80 millimeters and then divided 12,500 feet by 80 millimeters to find out the approximate height of 1 millimeter and got 156.25 feet and then you measured the height of the building in millimeters and got approximately 2 millimeters and then multiplied that 156.25 and got 312.5 feet then by rough calculation you could hypothesize that the height of the builiding on the rim of the crater Copernicus was roughly 312.5 feet high. If you assumed an error factor of 25% the building could be as small as 234.375 feet high or the approximate height of a 23 story building. Roughly.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Possible smoke and/or dust from huge explosion possibly airbrushed in by clever NASA airbrush artists to cleverly lead us to 'falsely' believe that there is an atmosphere on the moon. Endymion is crater in lower right part of photo. See any airbrush artistry on or just outside the rim at 12 o'clock and 4 o'clock?

[edit on 2-10-2006 by johnlear]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry John, can't see the picture. I'm having trouble finding Endymion on lick002.
I assume that it's around the 11:00 position there. Something seems very odd about this far side picture. I can't get any detail when I zoom. Maybe a lot of touching up? Just my $.02

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mr. Lear

Can you explain how the images of the North Polar region of the moon, have the appearance of flat-sufraced areas, beneath the moon's rocky, cratered outer surface? Is it that parts of the image are missing?
I just thought they were interesting.

North Polar region moon
clem1-l-u-5-dim-basemap-v1.0/cl_3015 - polar

Close-up
clem1-l-u-5-dim-basemap-v1.0/cl_3014

Image Source: JPL Nasa

There are also some other images, that have small blacked out areas, near the bright spots on the latest lick images that were just posted.

blacked out areas

Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Originally posted by SearchEngine

Sorry John, can't see the picture. I'm having trouble finding Endymion on lick002.
I assume that it's around the 11:00 position there. Something seems very odd about this far side picture. I can't get any detail when I zoom. Maybe a lot of touching up? Just my $.02

Let me work on this picture and see why it won't display. Meanwhile we are not looking at the farside. We are looking at the near side. Endymion is at 1 o'clock right near the edge of the moon.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by violet

Mr. Lear

Can you explain how the images of the North Polar region of the moon, have the appearance of flat-sufraced areas, beneath the moon's rocky, cratered outer surface? Is it that parts of the image are missing?
I just thought they were interesting.

North Polar region moon
clem1-l-u-5-dim-basemap-v1.0/cl_3015 - polar

Close-up
clem1-l-u-5-dim-basemap-v1.0/cl_3014

Image Source: JPL Nasa

There are also some other images, that have small blacked out areas, near the bright spots on the latest lick images that were just posted.

blacked out areas

Thanks

Anything more recent than Lunar Orbiter pictures has been carefully airbrushed. Please don't waste your time trying to see anything on any photos later than Lunar Orbiter photos and particularly Clementine photos which was a Navy project and has been thoroughly, thoroughly airbrushed.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whoops
I thought lick 002 was a far side picture, sorry. Should have been paying closer attention.

On lick 001 I see strange black markings around the crater. In lick 002, it's fuzzy, but you can just make out something strange around the rim as well. An unnatural shape of something..

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Let me work on this picture and see why it won't display. Meanwhile we are not looking at the farside. We are looking at the near side. Endymion is at 1 o'clock right near the edge of the moon.

I am a little confused The "door handle" image is in De La Rue nw of Endymion...

I have this labeled Endymion

and this is De La Rue NW of Endymion

So I am positive I am looking at the right crater...

All I can see is a dark black hole...

with two "columns" at one end...

I think I am looking at the right hole...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
[

Jeez, its a good thing I snoop, because the wrong impressions can go far....

Its okay Matt... I think we have a reservation on a bigger one...

Took you awhile to join us huh? Welcome to the luna bin...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join