It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Zorgon:

That valve you posted isn't the right one.

I was going to post a clear image of the slurry dump valve but I haven't any points left and no upload space either.

If you have a look at the slurry dump I posted earlier then you can see where I have pointed out the valve in the wall.

Cheers

JS

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My two cents....

The scale of these images is far too large to distinguish individual footprints. While the effort and passion is to be applauded, the fact that one sincere individual sees fuzzy images of 'footprints', and another is pointing out fuzzy images of 'extremely large machinery', tends to dilute the entire message. Please gentleman, agree on a scale and stick to it.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
LOL...

From what I've found Copernicus1 + Copernicus2 combined is very very approximately 10-12km wide at the top level. This is based on Copernicus with a diamater of 93km (not sure where this diameter is calculated from and whether it includes outer debris or not etc etc).

It appears my hovercrafts are quite large indeed

...or is NASA just giving us dis-info to throw out our scale if we do happen to find anything? They do doctor photos so who's to say? LOL...well, I'm done finding objects on these photos...good luck to all.

Anyhow, here's some links that I used to do a guesstimate on the scale:

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...:Copernicus_crater_AS12-52-7739.jpg
en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers

JS

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
tomra:

I'd be interested in you taking some photos of your bathroom floor to see the comparison...and to see if we could also find a number of objects that are related in some way

It would be good if we had a drum scanner

Cheers

JS

Originally posted by tomra
I just don´t know anymore. There´s a lot of images showing structural shapes but then again i could probably get a lot better images of "bases" shooting images of my bathroom floor. I´m kinda torn...it could be structures but a lot of it also just look like procedural noise.

He he, well, perhaps not my current bathroomfloor but i´ll see if i can come up with a good example for illustration. Anyway, surely you get the point, there´s a load of stuff out there that *might* look like something it´s not

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As promised, here are links to John Lear's "Lick Observatory" shots...

John's words about these pictures:

John Lear's description of "Lick Observatory" images:

These 2 pictures of the moon LICKOBS9 and LICKOBSA were sent to me by a NASA photo contractor, unrequested along with LO-II-162H and a few others that I had ordered.

I have not been able to find out any information of LICKOBS9 except that it is similar to photos of the moon, taken by Lick Observatory, shown in magazines and posters.

LICKOBSA

Lick Observatory, 1946 January 17d 07h 51m UT phase 13.80, colongitude 82o. This plate was taken about two-thirds of a day before full moon. The plate has been specially printed to avoid the extreme full moon contrast. At full moon many of the details are lost in the glare.

Full (huge file size) Quality#1:
files.abovetopsecret.com... 6mb

Small File (lesser quality resolution) fast download #1:
files.abovetopsecret.com... 900kb

Full (huge file size) Quality #2:
files.abovetopsecret.com... 1.3mb

Small File (lesser quality resolution) fast download #2:
files.abovetopsecret.com... 440kb

ENJOY!

Springer...

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

He he, well, perhaps not my current bathroomfloor but i´ll see if i can come up with a good example for illustration. Anyway, surely you get the point, there´s a load of stuff out there that *might* look like something it´s not

True indeed, but seriously once you have the scale you find them. Was it you that posted the aerial earth photo? It would be nice if we could find a WWII survelance b&w photo for comparison...

Here is a good sample I found... look at the texture of the "tank" its smoother than the surrounding rock... look at the support leg... [this is half in the shadows]

Here is another tubular object...

and a blow up...

When you see these two on C #5 they really stand out from the background

As to the scale I will work on that tomorow after work.... I need it for me anyway

But to all searchers here is one point to watch for...

A note on shadow....

The direction of the sunlight in these images is effectively from the right. The exact angles are posted. That means sunken objects such as craters or crevices have the bright side on the left and the shadow on the right. Objects such as hills, spires and tanks have the bright side on the right, the shadow on the left. This is very important in searching for anomalies

Crater in #5

Tank in #5

So when you find a tower with a sphere on it, that has a matching shadow on the left, you can be sure you have a "keeper"

To Springer:

OH NOOOO Not more!! ARRGGGG

[edit on 1-10-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Zorgon, yeah, i posted the image of the F-16 shelters for the purpose of showing that even up close and in high resolution some very well known man made structures can be fairly hard to spot. I´ll post more reference later, got a couple of ideas, just for illustration of course.

Concerning the Lick Observatory image, first, thanks for posting this springer and thanks to John too. Nice image! Eh...i dragged it into PS right away and made a perfect circular selection on top of it...eh, it has a "wobbly" shape, it´s not perfectly spherical. Is the moon shaped like that?

Soo...we´re looking for signs of atmosphere? Um...color me blind...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the new photos, Springer

John... Any additional data on these pics? (when taken, etc?)

This one jumped out at me on my initial looksee.

From Lick001, located at about 3:30 on the lunar clock near the right edge.

I can't guess what it might be, but it doesn't look like a natural feature.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another strange "something" on lick1. Located at 1400,760. Looking for opinions, but my own is that something pretty tall is making that shadow:

Unless it's just a crater

And thanks for the pictures Springer and John Lear

[edit on 1-10-2006 by SearchEngine]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by SearchEngine

Another strange "something" on lick1. Located at 1400,760. Looking for opinions, but my own is that something pretty tall is making that shadow:

Unless it's just a crater

Thats Mt. Piton in the Mare Imbrium. Probably an artifact of some kind.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Thanks for posting the new photos, Springer

John... Any additional data on these pics? (when taken, etc?)

No, this does not look like a natural feature and does not look a developing error or blemish on the negative. It does not appear on earlier photos of the moon or later ones. So if it was something...it moved.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To see something neat (lick001-full) find Endymion then go about 1 diameter of that crater to the northwest.

Where's Endymion? Find a book with all the craters on the front and back side of the moon. You might need to refer to it in the next few days.

Thanks,

John

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Very structural as well as very different in texture. If it´s a real object (no image manipulation) i would say it´s in orbit and not on the surface...
It really sticks out as a sore thumb.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Darn it! Scooped again! LOL But you were just waiting fer that one weren't you?

Well thats okay I have this one from #1 from a hint from John...

Been saving the "goodies" LOL Tell me what rock this looks like?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
To see something neat (lick001-full) find Endymion then go about 1 diameter of that crater to the northwest.

Where's Endymion? Find a book with all the craters on the front and back side of the moon. You might need to refer to it in the next few days.

Thanks,

John

Golfball crater anyone?

Just like the one on mars. Hmm..

Is this what you were talking about?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
LOL Now were getting with the program...

What on Earth is THIS? oh wait...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Golfball crater anyone?

Just like the one on mars. Hmm..

Is this what you were talking about?

Close. Look in the lower right hand corner of this picture.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Darn moon is littered with these "spheres and tube " things I found in the copernicus crater...

I checked this one isn't in other pictures of the area

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Close. Look in the lower right hand corner of this picture.

A bridge or span of some kind?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To me it looks like something sticking up in the air.
Looks attached to something with a round base. I can't even
begin to guess what it looks like...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join