It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estrogen: The End of Wars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
i know how we can end the wars the have plagued man for thousands of years.

let women run the world.

www.cnn.com...
quote from article above: war is almost exclusively a male business

we must start by voting hillary into office

its very obvious men dont know how to run this planet.

hey mods, is there a better forum for this thread? if so can it be moved please. peace

[edit on 9-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

Apparently you don't have much experience when it comes to women.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
7 days?

Recently read an interview with a behaviorist professor doctor something or so who studies chimpanzees (agressive) and bonobos (peaceful). A few similarities and differences between them and humans were pointed out, and he was also asked how bonobos solve conflicts. It is, he said, because the females are dominant and solve problems with sex, whereas chimpanzees usually build male hierarchies. So, the interviewer suggested, the world would be better of if we learned our share from bonobos and let women build a peaceful world? Not really. Males may be quick to war, but also quick to become friends again. But once two females get into a fight, antipathy will last for a lifetime.

That reminded me of Condoleezza Rice's last visit to Germany, when she met with newly elected chancellor Angela Merkel. They had been discussing the alleged "CIA torture planes" scandal behind closed doors, and Merkel said at the press conference afterwards that Rice had admitted certain errors (when, officially, US policy was to deny any existence of these planes). Rice looked at her as if she couldn't believe her ears and was reported saying "I don't know what was going on in her head" quite undiplomatically to reporters when she was back on her way home.

I don't think women need to be in office to have power. Do you know the saying "behind every strong man there is a strong woman"? That's the way they rule the world, and that's why there was never a "matriarchy" (or a real need for it) in the history of humankind ;-)

EDIT: Alpha was faster *g*

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Akareyon]

Educate yourself, you are confusing the "history of mankind" with the history of the Western world... Matriarchal societies DOES exist, and they did for thousands of years.

The only reason why Rice is behaving like a stupid two-timer is because she's working in a patriarchal, and white-supremacist structure when she is constantly being pressured to "please" the White mens who are in power. She's litterally into a slave/servant relation with her White male superiors, and this since the very day she began to play the game of conformity to gain social status, wealth and power.

A women in power will sure won't change anything to the issue of war... it's this whole macho system based on possession and authority that's the big problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Anyone else get the feeling from some of the posts by certain individuals that "circumexcision" would be mandated.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Women know how to protect and save the children.
Men go outside and know how to make the children
(to create the problem)

[edit on 10-9-2006 by bscale]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoochies

“elite gamer”? Let me guess.

Judging by your screen name, you’re probably 15-17 years of age, or at BEST a recent high school graduate…If THAT.

It also hints of a subliminally wanton ability to efficiently and effectively connect with others on an intrapersonal level, though greatly LACKING due to unabashedly wasting too much time hiding behind the game controller, pretending to be someone you apparently THINK you have the power rivaling, but obviously do NOT.

I don’t know too many adult women that would profess themselves as ‘elite’ or ‘1337’, let ALONE ‘gamer’ unless they were living in a prepubescent narcissistic fantasyland. Way to make a first impression.

Your FIRST assault on me referring to someone YOU pre-judged as ‘immature’ just shows your delicate and underdeveloped level of social growth. Now go grab your game controller and push the big red button and hope I’ll disappear.

wrong! the more you speak the closer you get to actually making me laugh, thanks. BUT you are wasting your time and thought wanting to figure me out. this thread is not about me , its not about you. so please quit trolling!

thanks to everyone else for going back on topic, ill add more later when im free.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Women's Brains Better at Handling Anger

www.personalmd.com...
from the above article......
Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine say they have evidence that shows there is a physiological reason for why men are more aggressive than women. Men tend to be more hot headed than women, the researchers suggest, because our brains are fundamentally different.

In a nutshell, the research indicates that men are more aggressive than women because the part of the brain that modulates aggression is smaller in men than it is in women. Both genders have about the same ability to produce emotions, but when it comes to keeping those emotions in check, men have been shortchanged.

in reading that you could say....
men are more agressive then women. war is an agression. if women ran the world, you could guess we would see less wars, and more diplomatic talks to resolve any conflicts.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Most victims and perpetrators in homicides are male
Male offender/Male victim 65.2%
Male offender/Female victim 22.6%
Female offender/Male victim 9.7%
Female offender/Female victim 2.4%

men find it ALOT easier to kill then women.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I dont think it would make any difference if the next president was female..
or black for that matter.
Its the system that runs the show and until its totally thrown out and a new system is
put in place, it will be the same old, same old.
Presidents arent a law unto themselves and have others they have to answer and suck up to. So having just a female president wouldnt amount to much unless everyone
in important positions around her were female too.
So the gender, colour, age etc isnt really make any difference. IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Most victims and perpetrators in homicides are male
men find it ALOT easier to kill then women.

Okay, what does it have to do with anything though? They're not physically killing people, they're playing Risk with numbers.

The guilt of death is off theyre hands, they're not killing the people, others are.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
killing someone and sending someone off to kill someone can be related.

with 90% of murders being commited by men, i think its safe to assume that men have a monopoly on killing.

Originally posted by Flighty
I dont think it would make any difference if the next president was female..
or black for that matter.
Its the system that runs the show and until its totally thrown out and a new system is
put in place, it will be the same old, same old.
Presidents arent a law unto themselves and have others they have to answer and suck up to. So having just a female president wouldnt amount to much unless everyone
in important positions around her were female too.
So the gender, colour, age etc isnt really make any difference. IMO.

im saying the whole world should be run by women, we would see more flowers about and less wars.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
all i got to say is Maggie THatcher was "Great" she never took us to war did she????

come off it women are as likely to go to war as men are.....if it in the intrest of the country or their own ambitions they going to do it.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by minority2000uk]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
this is taken from the article that i started this thread with.
www.cnn.com...

"Men are more likely to support a country going to war. Men are more likely sign up for the military and men are more likely to lead groups in more autocratic, militaristic ways than women," he added.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I disagree with you, but I think at the core you have avalid point. WHat we need is a NEW group of leaders, if we want to end wars. A group thats not influenced by contractors and lobbyists. But alas, right now, despite whether a senator or congress persons genitals are on the outside or thei nside, those still sway theyre votes.

After all, when this is your job, your livelyhood, and it depends on being reelected over a certain ammount of time, and you need a large ammount of funding, and those who are willing to fund you tell you if you dont vote in favor of them, they'll drop your funding, and basically lay your off.

What do you do?

Do you vote in support of them, or stick to your "morals" and live in a cardboard box?

This is the problem, this is where the war mongering comes from, its defense contractors, and the growing business ofthe military-industrial complex, not the war between genders.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
o.k i have had many girlfriends in my time and here is the problem with women in general being president. MOST GIRLS CANNOT THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

ever notice that when your at a mall, there is always a group of girls a trying on different clothing infront of their friends. why??? because they can't think for themselves. they always need someones opinion to tell them, what looks good and what looks bad.

same thing when it comes to choosing a male. they always ask their friends. "do you think he's cute." " should i dump this guy". etc.

also when your dating a woman they always ask how they look, what should they eat, where should they work.

i have also went to battle with some feminists chicks and in the presence of an alpha male...even they turn to pudding. this one girl hated my guts and i banged into her at a bar and i grabbed her hand and took her out on the dancefloor(leading) and she went from a femy to a little school girl.

women respond emotionally. where men respond logically. when you tell a women she has a big butt, when in reality she has the nicest butt in the world. she will ask everybody " does my butt look big?" that will bother her forever. where if you tell a guy he has a big butt, it wouldn't even dent his ego, because logically he would know he had a nice butt.

look at the animal kingdom. the male has always leaded and always will.

if a woman is beautiful, yes that gives her power, but the window of opportunity only lasts from the ages of 16 to 30. after 30 her value goes down, because time has it's way with her beauty. as where a mans value increases as he ages. napoleon hill mentions that a mans true intellect is reached at the age of 40.

the guys that are saying they would like a woman to be president are probably the same nice guys that listens to girls problems about her boyfriend and after they think they helped her out...later to only find out she spent the same night in his bed again....do women make sense...

NOPE

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You are a goddamn traitor elitegamer.

Anyway, it has been proven that women are far less rational than men and tend to rely on intuition. Women also make simple matters extremely complex causing grief for anyone involved. That part hasn't been proven but it's been my experience.

OMG MEN LIKE TO FIGHT AND GO TO WAR LOZL. Yeah, its our nature. Its what we've been doing for the last...oh....I don't know....since we've been able to I guess. And hey, think about it. If men are so evil and make for such horrible leaders, why have we come this far? Rather than blame a gender, I'm going to say people make mistakes. That means both men and women. Sure, at the moment there are some incompetent leaders in the world, but that doesn't mean we've been f-ing up for the last 10,000 years. I think men have done a damn good job of running the world up to this point, and I'm not convinced women can do any better. What? They'll support better education? Healthcare? Japan seems to be doing pretty well in terms of education. Canada is doing pretty well in terms of healthcare.

Leadership is one of the best male qualities, and something we've been developing since the dawn of mankind. Give it a little bit longer and I'm sure you'll stop ranting about how incompetent men are as leaders.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When choosing a leader, each individual should be judged according to their own merit. Look where selecting leaders based on their membership in a party has gotten us. Lumping all men or all women into one category is a formula for making a stupid choice in the voting booth. Would a woman make a better choice for a leader? That would depend on which man or which woman you are talking about. Even so there are people stupid enough to base their decision on sex. Look at how many stupid decisions people have made because a person has a "(D)" or an "(R)" after their name.

[edit on 9/10/2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites

I vote we bring him in front of the "comission of men to keep women oppressed, preggers, and in the kitchen" for a tribunal.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have long believed that much of what ails human society stems from the abandonment and alienation of what is elsewhere in nature a relative symmetry between the masculine and feminine aspects. It can be seen in all things from plants to physics if you look hard enough, in my opinion. On the other hand, I also feel that the lust for power and control is a universal human failing which has become almost universally associated (both in fact and in perception) with the masculine precisely because of this imbalance. I fear that were the balance simply reversed, that same fatal human flaw would, given enough time, reassert itself all too easily.

For these reasons among others, I believe the true solution is genuine equality between men and women. The patriarchal system has sought to placate women with institutional changes having the appearance of granting them more equality with men, but much as has been the case in attempts to placate other disenfranchised or unfairly treated social groups, those changes have been artificial and have failed to address the real issues, in my view. We do need a balance of power which is woefully absent today, however power alone is almost superficial compared to what I believe is the crux of the matter: we need to rediscover one another as people, and come to genuinely understand and respect one another in all our mutual totalities.

I believe there can only be peace when both the masculine and feminine are fully utilized and allowed to manifest harmoniously, and right now this is not the case. The first thing we need to do is eliminate the very notion of “ruling the world,” in my opinion. The second is to sit down and have a long discussion with ourselves and one another about who we are, who we have been, and who we want to be. Equality isn’t a numbers game or a power play; a lot of it has to do with letting each other in and finding mechanisms of understanding. This is true of gender as much as it is of religion, race, or any other arena in which social injustices persist.

Women certainly have a far larger role to play in the leadership and stewardship of society and the world than they have been allowed to have by society, but I feel that needs to arise as the result of genuine changes in the way we all treat one another rather than through artificial or arbitrary means. Sadly, few seem to want to invest in such a process, and that may be leading to what is shaping up to be a bitter power struggle.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

I vote we bring him in front of the "comission of men to keep women oppressed, preggers, and in the kitchen" for a tribunal.
\

So do I damnit. So do I.

@ Acewombat: Im all for equality as long as women expect to be treated equally in all respects. It can't be "I WANT THE SAME WAGES" and then "I WANT TO BE TREATED BETTER CAUSE IM A GIRL!" as well. I want absolute equality. You punch me, I punch you. Sure, you probably think Im a scumbag by now, but you can't have it both ways.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Akraites]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

@ Acewombat: Im all for equality as long as women expect to be treated equally in all respects. It can't be "I WANT THE SAME WAGES" and then "I WANT TO BE TREATED BETTER CAUSE IM A GIRL!" as well. I want absolute equality. You punch me, I punch you. Sure, you probably think Im a scumbag by now, but you can't have it both ways.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Akraites]

I concur (save for the punching part lol - but I know what you mean.) That's what I meant when I said that purely institutional changes don't address the core problems that are at the heart of the issue. People need to deal with the underlying issues of how we think about one another, and how we treat each other, in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join