It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aug 22 wierd stuff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
threat to destroy the taj mahal
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The way I was seeing things, it seems a bit eerie when I read, "stocks poised to increase for the next few weeks" It seems eerie because the news is quiet even though we just had a cease fire between Israel and everyone they were bombing. In addition, Bush is going to want a decision from Iran and I suspect it may not be what the western world wants to hear. Then we could be looking at sanctions and a big price spike in oil. That's if nothing worse happens. Of course the peaceful quiet could be just a result of everyone maneuvering behind the scenes and not ready to show their cards yet. Just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jolly1970
I am not one to squeal but I do have knowledge that a close friend of mine is well inside the borders of Iran and has been for some time.

Interesting, I know someone who was inside Iraq 3 weeks before the Gulf war. So maybe war with Iran is really coming.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
hey D4RK KN1GHT that green flag with arabic writing is it the Saudi arabia flag check it out?, Saudi arabia has recently purchased 72 jets (could you in theory have a nuclear warhead in one of these jets?) in from the UK
if you get where i am going with this you should be worried.

Also from info I have picked up on other threads is the Saudis not suspicious suspects of harboring terrorists?

Also I noticed that chinook helicopters have flew over and past my home twice in the past week, which is unusual I cant remember the last time I seen them (they never fly by or my home:puz

[edit on 19-8-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its amazing how this August 22nd thing has taken up a life of its own, all from an editorial in the WSJ.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Me and my buddy spent some time with SOCOM in Tampa. I wouldn't consider myself special forces. I am not pushing anything on anyone, all I am doing is letting you know some info. Everyone needs to chill and relax.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
OK i'll add to this thread on a personal basis.

I have stashed one months food and water in the house, taken that first week 19/26 th August off work, and i am refusing to move till I am absolutely sure that this is just a 'spook' game.

Reason why? OK before 9-11, at an immigration detention centre here in the UK, there were pictures of Osama Bin laden plastering the walls of all of the Arabic / middle east immigrants. A week before the event, ALL of those pictures were taken down by the detainees themselves, and destroyed. This time, the pictures on the wall were small green flags with arabic writing on them.

They have all been taken down off the walls. By the detainees.

May be nothing, may be some thing, but I for one have no inclination to be caught out in the cold like last time. 9/11 was real bad. This next one if it hits? well.... lets just hope it doesn't.

You seriously need to get out out more and live in the real world.
do you think if something like a nuclear war happens, a months supply of water and
food will help in anyway?
Get real.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecuitis

My buddy is military. I used to do the same thing he does when I was in. He's Army and I was Air Force. Like I said he's been there for a while. I was in Kosovo a few weeks before something went down. I was in Iraq a few years back before they bombed the place for not being cooperative with the UN nuke inspections. We were both in Iraq a few weeks before 9/11. I have a few theories of whats going to happen. Everytime that I was ever in a country on a contingency mission it was because we were going to use force. So my guess is that something is about to go down. Hopefully not but it seems that way. He may be there just for research. Who knows. If you guys got any questions I will try to answer.

Are you and your buddy in the special forces or something? I dont understand if he was in Iran how he wouldnt be captured?

Also, why would you announce this on an international message board? Very, very irresponsible! Why would you put your buddy at risk?

As far as what's going on that may indicate an event, in the last month we have received two different emergency booklets in our local paper. The first, about 1 month ago was pretty much a gloss over, but the second, received last week was extremely in depth and had a heavy 'pandemic flu" bent, although other types of disasters (man made and not) were covered. I put mine down in our basement with our "stash". Our community has never released this kind of info before, we are in the northeast US, has anyone else's community produced this kind of info?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Me and my buddy spent some time with SOCOM in Tampa. I wouldn't consider myself special forces. I am not pushing anything on anyone, all I am doing is letting you know some info. Everyone needs to chill and relax.

CENTCOM is in Tampa, Special Operations Command is not. You are officially called out as a "phaker".

[edit on 19-8-2006 by stanstheman]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
CENTCOM is in Tampa, Special Operations Command is not. You are officially called out as a "phaker".

Careful about calling names, they have a way of biting you in the hind quarters:

United States Special Operations Command
The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM or USSOC) is charged with overseeing the various Special Operations Commands (SOC or SOCOM) of each branch of the U.S. military. The command is part of the U.S. Department of Defense. When Special Operations Forces (SOF) of different branches are used for the same operation, USSOCOM acts as the Joint Command Center (JCC) of all the forces used in the operation. USSOCOM is headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida.

MacDill Air Force Base
MacDill remained a fighter base for almost 30 years, but other changes went on in the background. The B-57s left in 1972, and that same year Strike Command was renamed United States Readiness Command. In 1979, the first F-16 fighters arrived and began to replace the aging F-4s. In 1983, the new Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force was activated, and in 1987 it became U.S. Central Command, or CENTCOM. That same year USRC was redesignated U.S. Special Operations Command, or SOCOM.

[edit on 8/19/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Careful about calling names, they have a way of biting you in the hind quarters:

United States Special Operations Command
The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM or USSOC) is charged with overseeing the various Special Operations Commands (SOC or SOCOM) of each branch of the U.S. military. The command is part of the U.S. Department of Defense. When Special Operations Forces (SOF) of different branches are used for the same operation, USSOCOM acts as the Joint Command Center (JCC) of all the forces used in the operation. USSOCOM is headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida.

MacDill Air Force Base
MacDill remained a fighter base for almost 30 years, but other changes went on in the background. The B-57s left in 1972, and that same year Strike Command was renamed United States Readiness Command. In 1979, the first F-16 fighters arrived and began to replace the aging F-4s. In 1983, the new Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force was activated, and in 1987 it became U.S. Central Command, or CENTCOM. That same year USRC was redesignated U.S. Special Operations Command, or SOCOM.

[edit on 8/19/2006 by defcon5]

Okay, I'm wrong! I can admit that.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
XOM; exxon/mobil stock is up 8% over its 50 day average and 12% over its 200 day and there was a spike in trading volume (4,000,000) during the final minutes before closing up 1.5% for the day on friday.

Price: $69.10
Volume: 19,557,400
Today: 1.50%
50 Day Ave: $63.92 Year High: $70.42
200 Day Ave: $61.24 Year Low: $54.50

About the same can be said for CVX (chevron)

closed up 1.2% on a relative spike in volume before the bell
up 2% on the 50 day
up 11% on the 200 day

sri oracle

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why is this date so important?
Who says it is?
Please don't tell me its the bible.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Also, why would you announce this on an international message board? Very, very irresponsible! Why would you put your buddy at risk?

Are you really gullible enough to believe that? The US and UK armed forces would be posting disinfo all the time if a post on a mb sent Iranians off all round their country looking for a foreign military presence.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
OK i'll add to this thread on a personal basis.

I have stashed one months food and water in the house, taken that first week 19/26 th August off work, and i am refusing to move till I am absolutely sure that this is just a 'spook' game.

Reason why? OK before 9-11, at an immigration detention centre here in the UK, there were pictures of Osama Bin laden plastering the walls of all of the Arabic / middle east immigrants. A week before the event, ALL of those pictures were taken down by the detainees themselves, and destroyed. This time, the pictures on the wall were small green flags with arabic writing on them.

They have all been taken down off the walls. By the detainees.

May be nothing, may be some thing, but I for one have no inclination to be caught out in the cold like last time. 9/11 was real bad. This next one if it hits? well.... lets just hope it doesn't.

do you think if something like a nuclear war happens, a months supply of water and
Get real.

Well actually your wrong, and you shouldnt attack the man for being prepared.

While he is in his house eating baked beans and drinking refreshing water, you will be at the store fighting little old ladies over the last can of condenced milk. 1 month of supplies is more then youll ever pray to get if you run to your local walmart after a terrorist event that large. Remember y2k? 9/11? anyother time there is a horrific event on the horizon or just passed, everyone runs to the stores and the gas stations.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Get real.

Well thanks for the support rockput, and your right.

I will be sat at home, eating food of my choice, and not have to fight for a few meagre scraps left over if the ship hits the fan. 1 months food is ample, as it will enable me and my family to be safe. Thats all i thought about. After one month, well even if there is some real bad stuff going to go down, the goverment will regain control after the initial impact of any event how ever bad.

New orleans any body ? Batteries / food / water / defensive weaponry if applicable. Then sit tight.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
damn things in the middle east just got hairy again...israeli commando raids and airstrikes into lebanon this afternoon.

lebenon troops may be with held said the goverment because Israels not honouring the ceasefire.

www.cnn.com...

Damn hope they don't drag in syria and iran......

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS thread on the subject.

Aigh, that does not look good. Syria and Iran still providing weaponry and Israel seems to be following it rather well, they never said if any Syrians where killed, they actually just say 1 Israeli killed and no Hezbollah killed.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The ceasefire was more akin to letting up off the roaches you've been stomping so the scared ones will come out and move about so you can squish them too. Shaking the box if you will.

And Hizbollah accepted it because they needed to be re-armed to inflict even greater damage to heighten their effect. A refueling basicly.

It'll start again full force soon, dont worry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join