aug 22 wierd stuff

page: 4
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Look, I put nobody in jeopardy nor am I a faker. You don't have a name nor coordinates nor a reason. So what did I do wrong? Is it really any surprise that he's there? Come on...get real.




posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I actually posted this on another thread, but here is one indicator, and from a very scary source.

Iran is engaging in a major "military exercise" starting Saturday. How's that for a terrible sign?


inbrief.threatswatch.org...


that is not a sign because it is expected. whether Iran is evil or not, neither you(maybe) nor I(honestly) have the intelligience to decide what is really going on with Iran/ME. therefore there are two options- Iran is evil and Iran is peaceful. either way, as a nation with a legit military albeit, of course they would conduct military excersises. Every nation with a legit military does. Sorry but... uhhhh... DUH.

(p.s.- If you believe everything you read, the U.S. conducted major terrorist attack excersises days before 9/11. maybe Iran is about to have a terrorist attack in it's country and blame America? LoL)

[edit on 19-8-2006 by chibidai_rrr]



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolly1970
Look, I put nobody in jeopardy nor am I a faker. You don't have a name nor coordinates nor a reason. So what did I do wrong? Is it really any surprise that he's there? Come on...get real.


If you did have a buddy in Iran, why would you put him in jeopardy or compromise his mission? If you just were some slacker who knew a guy, who knew a guy it would be one thing and almost excusable, but you are a former service member so you should know better. I'm sure it's safe to assume we have people (whether they are CIA or military) all over the world but why point it out? To what end? What is the benefit here?



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by stanstheman
Also, why would you announce this on an international message board? Very, very irresponsible! Why would you put your buddy at risk?

Are you really gullible enough to believe that? The US and UK armed forces would be posting disinfo all the time if a post on a mb sent Iranians off all round their country looking for a foreign military presence.


Not gullible at all! Are you old enough to remember "loose lips sink ships?" Dropping hints about the possible locations of our military is a bad habit to get into.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
OK i'll add to this thread on a personal basis.

I have stashed one months food and water in the house, taken that first week 19/26 th August off work, and i am refusing to move till I am absolutely sure that this is just a 'spook' game.

Reason why? OK before 9-11, at an immigration detention centre here in the UK, there were pictures of Osama Bin laden plastering the walls of all of the Arabic / middle east immigrants. A week before the event, ALL of those pictures were taken down by the detainees themselves, and destroyed. This time, the pictures on the wall were small green flags with arabic writing on them.

They have all been taken down off the walls. By the detainees.

May be nothing, may be some thing, but I for one have no inclination to be caught out in the cold like last time. 9/11 was real bad. This next one if it hits? well.... lets just hope it doesn't.







You seriously need to get out out more and live in the real world.
do you think if something like a nuclear war happens, a months supply of water and
food will help in anyway?
Get real.


I don't think having a supply of food and water means you are not living in the "real world", I think it means the exact opposite. I can assure you that I have months worth of food, water, and medical supplies in my home. Because of my location, I also keep a bag packed with a change of clothes for my husband and I, and our four kids. We have a plan for where we will go if TSHTF. If a nuclear war happens, I know how to build a shelter and hunker down until it's safe to go out. That said I hope it's all a huge waste of time and worry but because we are prepared for the worst, it allows us to live each day with less angst. If we all go up in a huge fireball, then I reserve the right for you to say "I told you so."



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolly1970
Look, I put nobody in jeopardy nor am I a faker. You don't have a name nor coordinates nor a reason. So what did I do wrong? Is it really any surprise that he's there? Come on...get real.


Jolly- I couldn't agree more. Since we're all here at ATS, I thought that perhaps we were all basically on the same side! The name calling and chastising...it's sorta sad. IMO, Jolly1970 has EARNED the right to say whatever he feels is appropriate, and this thread was started in order to look for a pattern. There is a research project on ATS to expose CIA front companies, but Jolly1970 is putting people at risk??? If anyone thinks that we don't have personnel in Iran,Syria,Lebanon, and any number of other "sensitive" locations, then I want to play a game of Risk with you for cash!
If a nuke goes off near you, a years worth of supplies are a moot point. Perhaps we could use our energy collecting info instead of trying to one-up each other. I'm not trying to put the kabash on personal expression, or even speculation...I'm just amazed sometimes around here how quickly people fall into bickering and getting off topic. Hell, even Aretha Franklin knows a little bit about
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by kleverone
August 22 roughly coincides with another event exactly 240 years earlier — the conquest of Jerusalem by the Muslim warrior Saladin, the arch-enemy of the crusaders.
Ah?

From Wikipedia The Siege of Jerusalem took place from September 20 to October 2, 1187. It resulted in the recapture of Jerusalem by Saladin and the near total collapse of the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, and was the catalyst for the Third Crusade.




And perhaps most important, August 22 marks the approximate date that the 12th Imam in Islam, or Mahdi, is expected to return to the world. Shiites believe Mahdi will bring with him a new period of Islamic justice.

Do you have data for backing this? Because last time i heard of the mahdi, he was coming around november 2008, from the president of Iran himself shortly after his election I think.

Even if the Mahdi was to come on August 22, to come, he needs enough destruction... So they could start destruction on August 21.

Anyway, nothing that we are able to predict will happen, but I predict that something big will happen by the end of this month.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Vitchilo]


Yeh, if its not August 22. Something at the very least, something big, will happen by th end of the year imo. Be it Iran, a self inflicted terror attack, or another attack that the US doesn't try to stop for political purposes, or even a terror attack by terrorists.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.opinionjournal.com...

This Op piece by Bernard Lewis appeared 8/8/06 in the Wall Street Journal's Opinion Journal. Good article.

[edit on 8/19/06 by cosmo dag]



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I will chime in with what I do know about August 22.
What I do know, is that I will be waking up and turning on the news first and foremost. The reason is that Iran on that date, will give not only its reply to the UN security council, but also to see what it does to Isreal. Alot of sabre rattling and veiled talking, so it will be interesting to see exactly what happens on that date. That is what I have heard.


Peace



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bothered

Originally posted by justyc
if you could report anything suspicious you notice on the stock markets, that would be appreciated. i think it possible that there are a lot of false alarms being put out to keep us busy and looking in the wrong direction.


I don't kno much about the stck mrkt. I do know that my bank acct. is all screwy. I've got two overdrafts with assoc. fees that seem to be adjustable.
What's worse, one of the charges is from MS Music and according to their own Service Agreement, I'm not supposed to incur fees that are to "high".
Well, now I've got a .99 song that cost around $35.00. Oh, well.


[edit on 18-8-2006 by bothered]


strange world. i think it's bush's fault. watch yourself dude. you may be the victim of a terrorist attack or nuclear strike..


TG

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
nothing will happen on August 22nd, it'll be just another ordinary uneventful day



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thank you for that wonderful piece of info.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo dag

Originally posted by jolly1970
Look, I put nobody in jeopardy nor am I a faker. You don't have a name nor coordinates nor a reason. So what did I do wrong? Is it really any surprise that he's there? Come on...get real.


Jolly- I couldn't agree more. Since we're all here at ATS, I thought that perhaps we were all basically on the same side! The name calling and chastising...it's sorta sad. IMO, Jolly1970 has EARNED the right to say whatever he feels is appropriate, and this thread was started in order to look for a pattern. There is a research project on ATS to expose CIA front companies, but Jolly1970 is putting people at risk??? If anyone thinks that we don't have personnel in Iran,Syria,Lebanon, and any number of other "sensitive" locations, then I want to play a game of Risk with you for cash!
If a nuke goes off near you, a years worth of supplies are a moot point. Perhaps we could use our energy collecting info instead of trying to one-up each other. I'm not trying to put the kabash on personal expression, or even speculation...I'm just amazed sometimes around here how quickly people fall into bickering and getting off topic. Hell, even Aretha Franklin knows a little bit about
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...


Like I said, if Jolly were just a slacker I wouldn't care but he did serve in our military which lends some weight to what he says and I stand by what I said before, it's wrong to put a soldier at risk to make a point on a message board. Just because we are all on the same side and we are looking for a "pattern" doesn't mean any of us are entitled to info that could hurt someone regardless of how vague that info is. geesh!



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Very very nice find there Behindthescenes.. the poster asked for evidence of movement and you sure did deliver, along with a great article on the whole situation. I would expect if there is to be any stock market trading that it will be puts on oil companies, and I am not sure how to follow put options? The top investors will bet that the oil prices are going to skyrocket, they will get filthy rich(er) if something happens to make oil go up.

Not to get off topic or anything but has anyone considered that war with Iran means $10-$20 a gallon at the pumps?? How could they expect to keep our economy going??..


A Put Option is hoping the stock goes down for a company. A Call Option is hoping it goes up. Thats just one way, other ways would be Commodities and Futures trading.

Maybe with an event like 9-11 it would affect specific organizations, it might be noticable, but if there was gonna be a Nuclear attack I doubt there would be just a few things that would be affected, a lot of things would be affected. Oil, Gas, Uranium, airlines, defense industry,security industry, Foreign currency exchange, bonds,banking, as well as others.

I doubt they are going for a Nuke strike anyway. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if they took out or tried to take out Dimona. Maybe thats why he said the sky will be lit up.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok just need to know onw thing. How am I putting my buddy in jeopardy? Please explain.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
OK i'll add to this thread on a personal basis.

I have stashed one months food and water in the house, taken that first week 19/26 th August off work, and i am refusing to move till I am absolutely sure that this is just a 'spook' game.

Reason why? OK before 9-11, at an immigration detention centre here in the UK, there were pictures of Osama Bin laden plastering the walls of all of the Arabic / middle east immigrants. A week before the event, ALL of those pictures were taken down by the detainees themselves, and destroyed. This time, the pictures on the wall were small green flags with arabic writing on them.

They have all been taken down off the walls. By the detainees.

May be nothing, may be some thing, but I for one have no inclination to be caught out in the cold like last time. 9/11 was real bad. This next one if it hits? well.... lets just hope it doesn't.







You seriously need to get out out more and live in the real world.
do you think if something like a nuclear war happens, a months supply of water and
food will help in anyway?
Get real.


I don't think having a supply of food and water means you are not living in the "real world", I think it means the exact opposite. I can assure you that I have months worth of food, water, and medical supplies in my home. Because of my location, I also keep a bag packed with a change of clothes for my husband and I, and our four kids. We have a plan for where we will go if TSHTF. If a nuclear war happens, I know how to build a shelter and hunker down until it's safe to go out. That said I hope it's all a huge waste of time and worry but because we are prepared for the worst, it allows us to live each day with less angst. If we all go up in a huge fireball, then I reserve the right for you to say "I told you so."






So you know how to build a nuclear bomb shelter "if" it happens? You would have to be quick. Sorry if you think im being sarcastic, but lets look at every other supposed
dates that come up (all the time) regarding the end of the world : NOTHING HAPPENS! i know the rubbish you will come out with though "this date seems more
relevent than all the others" its almost comical. No one on earth predicted 9/11
not to mention all the other terrorist attacks, but this ones different il bet!


Its almost like you people want this to happen. Are your lives that s**t that you wish
for the end? Personally i feel sorry for your kids they must live their lives in terror.
For gods sake just grab life by the scruff of the neck and live it people.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm very interested in this whole Aug. 22nd topic...

But the day I will be truly worried is when abovetopsecret.com comes up "server unavailable" or something else. Then you know something is up. Until then, I'll be cautious, but as long as we can have a discussion about these topics we should be o.k.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Very very nice find there Behindthescenes.. the poster asked for evidence of movement and you sure did deliver, along with a great article on the whole situation. I would expect if there is to be any stock market trading that it will be puts on oil companies, and I am not sure how to follow put options? The top investors will bet that the oil prices are going to skyrocket, they will get filthy rich(er) if something happens to make oil go up.

Not to get off topic or anything but has anyone considered that war with Iran means $10-$20 a gallon at the pumps?? How could they expect to keep our economy going??..


A Put Option is hoping the stock goes down for a company. A Call Option is hoping it goes up. Thats just one way, other ways would be Commodities and Futures trading.

Maybe with an event like 9-11 it would affect specific organizations, it might be noticable, but if there was gonna be a Nuclear attack I doubt there would be just a few things that would be affected, a lot of things would be affected. Oil, Gas, Uranium, airlines, defense industry,security industry, Foreign currency exchange, bonds,banking, as well as others.

I doubt they are going for a Nuke strike anyway. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if they took out or tried to take out Dimona. Maybe thats why he said the sky will be lit up.




My mistake Pieman, you are right a Call option is up, Put is down. I seem to have gotten to two confused.

You are right about the nuclear strike, so many businesses would be effected that the only way to see if something was going to happen at that large of a scale would be people dropping everything they had. Currently the stocks are doing fine, actually maybe to good to be true, they are rising steadily while all this turmoil is going on in the Middle East, rather unsual there I would say.



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
very sad this thread turned into two stupid flamewars



posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
living here in Los Angeles nuclear terrorism does scare me (what bigger target for terrorists than destroying hollywood and all it represents) since there is no escaping it, for some reason I never gave much thought to these prophecies or predictions all seem like aimed at fear mongering and money making more than true advice.

However maybe im just getting suckered in but this 8/22 one does give me some shivers.

What do you guys think is the possibilty or has there been any hints that LA will be a target and more so if it will be a Nuke going off in LA.

I cant beleive how paethetic I am but im considering going out to the desert monday night till weds to ride it out, or do you fellow members think that LA will be safe. Any advice is appreciated.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join