It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: Virus/Trojan Alerts on ATS...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Is the fact that every time i try to refresh a page on ATS i get a message saying your trying to download a ActiveX control from apple on to my PC?

One of the ads is likely just testing for the presence of QuickTime. It's a relatively common test.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ahh OK. I was worried for a moment then.

Well as long as it isn't trying to do something it isn't suppose to

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
OK, this is not good.

I now have 5 instances of Java/ByteVerify (virus/trojan?) that my anti-virus software does not know how to treat.

I haven't had something like this in years!

Not saying it definitely came from ATS, but....

Anyone know what I should do?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
OK, this is not good.

I now have 5 instances of Java/ByteVerify (virus/trojan?) that my anti-virus software does not know how to treat.

I haven't had something like this in years!

Not saying it definitely came from ATS, but....

Anyone know what I should do?

Question loam, have you updated your java runtime enviorment recently?? because I just did before this happend to me because of a dell service I used, and the very next thing I got a trojan.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The WMF exploit isn't that old and most people don't update their Windows Media Player that often. Especialy the ones that use iTunes, Winamp or another media player instead of WMP.

So Its advised that everyone update their Windows Media Player to at least 10.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

When did this happen?

More info on this exploit attempt:
Java/ByteVerify

Java/ByteVerify.Exploit is not a virus as such. It is a method to exploit a security vulnerability in the Microsoft Virtual Machine.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I myself had a few happenings from the site last night before I shut down my computer. This morning I can't even get in the computer. When I start it up it goes straight to the login user screen but there are no users. I can't even boot up in any of the safe modes to at least get to my files. Could this be a result of the trojan? Does anyone know how to bypass the user login screen in windows xp? I am on my work comp now.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
When did this happen?

Well the system scan ran overnight, so I assume the infection occurred sometime yesterday.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
PLEASE try to write down the URL by right clicking on the banner, click "properties" and you'll see it toward the bottom.

Also, if you click on the banner, it will show the URL (briefly) that will tell us which network is serving it, Tribal Fusion, Fast click, Advertising.com, etc...

We really need this info to get this trash off our site and any other sites this may be affecting.

Thanks!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess that ill just stay off ATS, till the problem is solved, cause im to cheap to pay for for Virus protection,
So the only way we can get it, is if we click on the banner, right?

[edit on 8/14/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You would do well to take a look at these:

Free Firewall

Free Anti-Virus

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
For all those with difficulties, I cannot recommend this site highly enough. Great for getting rid of those stubborn stains.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You would do well to take a look at these:

Free Firewall

Free Anti-Virus

Thanks Grady, I totally forgot that there is free virus protection, lol. Do you know of anyplace where they have free software to get rid of spyware?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here are three I use:

Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition

Spybot-Search-Destroy

SpywareBlaster

Here's one for cleaning the extraneous files:

CCleaner

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Grady,

Check this one out.....

I had trouble with Zonealarm causing my router to have to be reset.

I installed this one and "TADA" works perfectly. Free too..

www.filseclab.com...

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I never heard of it, but if it works, I'm all for it.

Also, make sure your Windows firewall is off, if you're using XP.

[edit on 2006/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Filseclab turns the XP firewall off automatically.

I found this one when I discovered that Zone Alarm also interferes with some of the Forensics Programs I have to use on occasion.

Fliseclab is very adaptable. I used Zone Alarm for a long long time and still put it on friends computers that are not running a "DLink" Router. That is the Brand that Z-Alarm has the most trouble with.

Still have not found anything better than AVG though for antivirus...

Semper

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
PLEASE try to write down the URL by right clicking on the banner, click "properties" and you'll see it toward the bottom.

I got a wierd small all white window/browser at the bottom of my desktop as a popup on myats page, when I right clicked it to see properties it would minimize itself and I couldn't do anything with it but drag it around by the top bar. I moused over it in my taskbar though and that gave me the URL
images.abovetopsecret.com... -microsoft internet ex
I don't know if it is related as my virus scanner didn't go off this time but it was a really wierd little popup window that seemed intelligent enough to keep me from doing anything with it other than dragging it around.
Hope it helps.
Might sound paranoid, but is it possible one of you guys' advertisers isn't a conspiracy fan?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There's obviously a new scripting language.
Most likely an off-shoot of perl.
BAT's (orig. scr. lang.) are powerful right now.

Anyone else notice that some of the char's in your posts seem to dissapear or re-appear oddly?

Watch ^]13

[edit on 16-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Might sound paranoid, but is it possible one of you guys' advertisers isn't a conspiracy fan?

As far as we can tell, this past weekend saw one of our ad networks (I believe ValueClick, formerly known as FastClick) had one or more ads infected with one or more variants of the recent attack on MySpace through infected advertising. It appears as though a handful of large boards were targeted, and we happened to be one of them.

Turning off the ads as soon as we noticed something funky seems to have significantly minimized the impact to ATS. I'll provide more details if I'm able to get more information.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join