It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: Virus/Trojan Alerts on ATS...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I`ve been infected,i`m deseased!!! stay away from me please for your own safety.

Well what has been happening to me only when i come to ATS is every so often when i click on a new page of a thread i get redirected to a page instructing me to download "errorsafe" i googled the name and its adware.I then have to close down the page and come back into ATS.

I have Ad-ware SE personal remover which when i scan for adware picks up the offending crap but then freezes so i can`t block or remove it.

I think i`d better ring some computer guru to come and help me out here.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Try

SPYBOT It will work sometimes when Adaware will not.

www.spybot.info...

Also, look here :

www.download.com...

There are several on here that are free and you really should have at least 3 to make sure you can get all of it off of your machine.

Semper

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

There are several on here that are free and you really should have at least 3 to make sure you can get all of it off of your machine.

Semper

Cheers for that Semper,i`ll give that a go

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Webroot Spysweeper has a good online scan, also.
It will remove the most prolific spy and ad progs.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
Webroot Spysweeper has a good online scan, also.
It will remove the most prolific spy and ad progs.

downloading it now Bothered thanx,will give it a go seeing that spybot and spydoctor seem to freeze up on me as well,best try everything before i restort to doing a full reinstall of the pc.

Love to get my hands on just one of the mungrels that make these virus`s about now.

But thanx again for your help i`m still doing this
in between this

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

I have Ad-ware SE personal remover which when i scan for adware picks up the offending crap but then freezes so i can`t block or remove it.

I think i`d better ring some computer guru to come and help me out here.

I run Lavasoft's Adaware SE Professional/Ad Watch SE Professional and have never had it "freeze up", they have an outstanding customer service program with a 24/7 telephone help desk on an "800" number. You should definately call them and get that fixed.

Lava soft is NOT cheap software and it should be working for you IMHO and if it isn't they need to make it right so it will work for you.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i get the errorsafe-thing, too.
but only at the work computer (with internet explorer), at home i use opera; no errorsafe-popups.

it's really annoying, though.
it first shuts down the ATS site, and then urges me to scan the computer and i HAVE TO USE errorsafe. it's "100% virus, adware and spyware free" (yeah. right.), and i just HAVE to get it (..yeah. right.).
when i click "cancel", it opens the errorsafe site. i close it.
i get a warning about cancelling the scan, and that i should continue. i press "cancel" again.
it then opens the site once again, urging me to download the program (again).
i close the site (again). get another warning that errorsafe is now gonna scan my system blablabla, and i can't do anything but pressing "ok". doesn't seem to do anything, though..
i tried spybot search and destroy with the newest updates, but it didn't find anything.. and the antivirus on this computer is trend micro. doesn't find anything either. probably since i keep cancelling everything.
really annoying, since i have to keep opening another IE window and find the thread i was reading over and over.
the most annoying thing, though, is that i can't see which ads that may cause this, because errorsafe closes the window..

edit:
it just happened again. the site started to load very slowly, and so i hurried my eyes down to the status bar. it said something about systemdoctor.com or something.
i'll try to keep an open eye, and see if i can get the whole url next time.

[edit on 18/8/06 by motvilje]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well for a while now I have been wondering about a related issue. If you are really into protecting your puter against these exploits, another thing you can do is to carefully control which sites you give ActiveX and Java to. This is done by using the security zone feature. And while I trustingly give those to this site, it is the offsite ads that constantly give me an error message. Nothing personal, but I will not blindly give ActiveX and Java control to any offsite ad network. To do so, I would need to open up the Internet security zone and give all of that zone ActiveX and Java. No way. And interestingly, I have had no such exploit problems with this, or any other virus.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's gettin' bad. I re-set my ROM--BIOS by rmv'ing the battery, and eliminated alot of my problems.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
How does an ad become infected?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker
How does an ad become infected?

Ads tend to run on different servers than a site so that they can be routed. If the server becomes infected, then the virus/trojan tries to affect as many ads as possible throughout the network.

It's kind of like a TSR if you know what that is.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I run Lavasoft's Adaware SE Professional/Ad Watch SE Professional and have never had it "freeze up", they have an outstanding customer service program with a 24/7 telephone help desk on an "800" number. You should definately call them and get that fixed.

Lava soft is NOT cheap software and it should be working for you IMHO and if it isn't they need to make it right so it will work for you.

Springer...

Thanx for the advice Springer.

I just got the pc fully wiped out and then did a reinstall,i then clicked my homepage and then straight to ATS the first thread i clicked on i was directed to errorsafe once again

I`m now useing ewido anti-spyware i scanned and it picked up about 4 offending little critters and are now hopefully blocked.
Will keep your advice in mind if not successful cheers.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Since last week I'm also experiencing spyware attacks while visiting ATS. To be exact, ErrorSafe, which other members also experienced the last few months. It's an popup only allowing you to install the spyware.

Mods, could you please find out what causes this crap.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Next time it happens (well hopefully it won't! but if it does...) please let us know what advertisements appear on the screen.

The more info we can give SO about this, the easier it is for him to find out where the problem is.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is what happens:

It pops up in the language of your Windows version, example:

www.thundercloud.net...

However, their newest edition doesn't even have a cancel button, only an OK button.

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Mdv2]

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Mdv2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join