It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Okay...classify this as a "spoiler" I guess...but I've recently discovered a new LOST connection that I have.

Turns out, the maid of honor's husband, my fraternity brother, works for Disney. Actually, I know he works for Disney, he's worked there for a while now. What's important is that he moved to the LOST account about six months ago.

He flies to LA to Disney Corp. a lot, and is on conference calls with Damon and Lindelorf, and other people I don't remember, quite a bit. For the most part, he doesn't say too much, there are other more important people who do the talking, but what he does get to see are the numbers....the financial numbers. Budget. Expenses. And most importantly cast salaries.

Well, guess which "new" cast salary he caught last week? None other than Cynthia Watros. Libby.

So, looks like she'll be poking her head in again. Might be a flash back, might be a flash forward. But she'll be there...somewhere.

Anything else I find out about salaries I'll pass along.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very nice find! I always knew Libby would be back but that confirms it.

If he gets any more spoilers be sure to let us know (but make sure he doesn't break any confidentiality agreements though)

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Well, guess which "new" cast salary he caught last week? None other than Cynthia Watros. Libby.

So, looks like she'll be poking her head in again. Might be a flash back, might be a flash forward. But she'll be there...somewhere.

actually, she was supposed to appear this season :shk:

i guess, then, that it makes sense that she will appear in season four...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
here is a nice, little (and a bit old) article about the reunion of danielle and alex:

After 3 long 'Lost' seasons, a Rousseau family reunion...

and, it appears, that the dvd boxed set of the third season is being called "the unexplored experience"...

bonus features galore, huh???

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by Umbrax

• Locke is in the casket. No one likes him because he keeps trying to keep everyone on the island. Either that or it is someone we don't know yet.

• I shouldn't be reading any of this as I haven't seen the epi's yet (in UK).
    I wont read anymore till sunday, Umbrax's post is 2 pgs back.

Anyway, I recently re watch season 1 on dvd, first time ever since it was first on TV. Jack has his Dads body doesn't he, but it went missing.

It sounds to me (could be wrong) but only Jack and Kate were at the Funeral. Maybe they were showing Jacks goodbye to his father, but obviously we can't be too sure who it is so it's a ploy to keep us all guessing who's gonna die, No-one in this case, he's already dead.

SO if more than Jack and Kate were there, this could be wrong, but if only them 2, think about it...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Chukkles]

I have now seen it, last night, Wow, I would now say that it would be Ben in the coffin, I read a few pgs back someone thinks it's Sawyer, Well when Kate and Jack meet, Kate say's "He'll be wondering were I am", I think he is Sawyer.
    I also Think that next season will start showing flash forwards, They set up their pasts now show us their futures.
    I also believe Between the time they were rescued and the funeral (if it is Ben) I don't believe he died on the island, they have been back sometime (Jack say's he fly's everywere) so I think jack would have been hounding ben for a while for answers before ben eventually dies OFF island from the tumor in his back coming back.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:43 AM
    link   
    This new boat is probably original Dharma and it probably stems back to Locke pressing those buttons (If the hostiles are attacking, please press 777) or whatever.

As far as they knew, there was no hostile attack, because all the machines were working correctly.

But once those buttons got pressed and that building blew up, they came searching, but since they're likely 2nd generation Dharma, they had trouble finding the island.

[edit on 5-28-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:01 PM
    link   
    here is what i am having trouble with:

isn't the island "invisible" to the outside world (based on ben's words)???

if it is, then how can naomi's boat find it so easily (even with coordinates)???

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:29 PM
    link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

if it is, then how can naomi's boat find it so easily (even with coordinates)???

Didn't the others' submarine find its way back to the island via some homing beacon/signal? The SatPhone was putting out a signal that the ship could use in the same way, no?

I'm sure the, um... other others had a plan wrt what to do should one of their scouts find the island. Seems they know the island (and why it can't be found due to its GeoMagnetic properties.) The SatPhone could have been set-up/programmed to act as a homing beacon. The others seem to have been able to find the island (and Dharma also, back in the day) without problems. So long as you have a transmission signal and a receiver set-up specifically for it. Ben seems to have known this (invasion?) was coming and that's why he was blocking any transmissions with The Looking Glass.

Also,

I think we are dealing with an alternate timeline here. Ben, and later Locke, seemed to know this was a bad idea. Remember when Locke told Jack wrt using the SatPhone: "you're not supposed to do this." Is Locke having Desmond style visions now?

Well it appears (flash-forward) that he did it anyway. I believe they made it obvious that Jack's father is alive in this 'new' time-line. I wonder how all this relates (or will) to Desmond's flash-back after turning the key, i.e., "the universe has a way of self-correcting." Of course, I guess we'll find out next season when/if people whom should be dead are alive and well in any flash-forwards.

Of course, Desmond's vision is that they do get rescued (note: This is the first time, iirc, that Desmond's visions weren't shown to us, we only have his word.) I believe that Locke his having visions now, perhaps to counter Desmond's mis-use of them. That's how Locke knows "you aren't supposed to do this, Jack" and why he could kill Naomi so easily.

Ben as a good guy? Seems to be what's being set-up here. Atleast, it would seem, his concerns for the island were valid, and important for more than just his personal or selfish reasons. He was protecting the island, and therefore, the world as a whole? Perhaps that's the reason for the purge, they did a good thing. Maybe? These other others have been trying ever since to get back... so they can get on with their nefarious plans. Maybe?

Jacob as a bad guy? Now that'd be an interesting twist.

Also, if the initials from the newspaper clip are accurate it can't be Ben in the casket. And Sawyer being the "him" waiting at home for Kate just seems to easy... purposely misleading, imo.

Also, the "T" in Ben's Journal sounds acurate (i.e., should be T for Tom not J for Jacob.) They worked a new tension angle between the two in the finale, that was new to me. Especially when you hear Tom arguing with the other guy about shooting Sayid, Jin and the denist. Although, it doesn't make sense why Ben wouldn't question Tom's plan (wrt the journal) but that statement does make more sense if the "T" should be a "J" meaning Jacob. :sigh:

I have no clue.

PS,

I'm with DJ Messiah, I think Jack said "either" not "neither."

All in all, a GREAT finale...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:30 PM
    link   
    The Discharge would have been like flashing a light in a dark room. A company with enough resources that was already looking for the Island would be able to deploy within hours of the EMP being observed.

Plus Naomi mentioned her boat was sent coordinates for the middle of the ocean. Perhaps her organisation had a rough idea where the Island was (based on stolen DHARMA info) and assumed that any vehicle that got too close would crash onto it. If the pilot had a phone they could lock onto the signal and just follow it.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:54 PM
    link   
    I GOT SOME CRAZY STUFF HERE!!!!!

This comes courtesy of the JayandJack podcast today. Evidently, someone from the show posted the verbiage from the obit that Jack read on the Fuselage.com website.

For those that don't know, Fuselage.com is "The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"" and also "Sponsored by J.J. Abrams."

At any rate, here is the full text of the obit:

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham [sic] is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Also, the newspaper is the La times from April 5th of this year. This isn't a screw up by the props department, this is to show that this is indeed in current time. YOu can see the original front page here.

Looks like they just swapped out the obit with what the original article was.

You can also see the "Residents Speak Out Story" from the LA Times website by clicking here.

However, since it was a real story back in April it has nothing to do with the show.

So....the new question is.... WHO IS JOHN LANTHAM?

Anyone come up with an anagram for the name?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:58 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Rren

Well it appears (flash-forward) that he did it anyway. I believe they made it obvious that Jack's father is alive in this 'new' time-line.

I don't think they made it obvious. When Jack tells the new chief to go get his father and if he's not drunker than him he can fire him, you see the chief roll his eyes to the right as if asking, "What did he just say?"

I'm with DJ Messiah, I think Jack said "either" not "neither."

I've watched the last episode a couple of times now and you know what? I agree with you. Jack said either.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
    link   
    I rewatched and I have to say I think he said either.

I had my face pressed against the screen and his mouth doesn't make the right shape for an N, and turn the volume up and you don't hear one.
    I think his dad MIGHT be alive. When the pharmacist says she's going to call and he tells her to forget it, it could be seen as him basically saying "You can't cause he's dead".... or it could also be the devs saying "His dad's alive but we aren't gonna make it obvious."

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:12 PM
    link   
    The date doesn't mean they're not in an alternate time-line, which wouldn't have to mean a different time (in the future or past..) Think evil-Cartman in South Park. I'm not married to the idea, just if Jack's dad is alive the time-line is jacked.

The only anagram for John Lantham I could come up with was:

halt john man

I think that says it all. Mystery solved!

Do we know for sure that John's real last name is Locke? I'll look around and see if I can come up with anything. I'll edit it in if I get lucky.

Regards.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:18 PM
    link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by Rren

Well it appears (flash-forward) that he did it anyway. I believe they made it obvious that Jack's father is alive in this 'new' time-line.

I don't think they made it obvious. When Jack tells the new chief to go get his father and if he's not drunker than him he can fire him, you see the chief roll his eyes to the right as if asking, "What did he just say?"

I was thinking more like, "yeah right buddy, we'll go get your dad and see who's drunker (rolls eyes.)"

Could go either way, I agree. How many instances was his dad brought up? I was thinking four but I'm only remembering the statement to the doc and the pharmacy. In the pharmacy, he could have bolted because he had a forged prescription. Should he still have (valid) scripts from his dad after he's been dead a couple years?

Not sure why I have four in my head though. I'll re-watch it later this evening and double-check.

Regards.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:06 PM
    link   
    Ok check this out. The misspelling of the name (noted "[sic]" in the letter, and is in all versions I've seen so far) is John Latham.

Here's his wikipedia entry

John Aubrey Clarendon Latham, (February 23, 1921 – January 1, 2006, born in Zambia) was a conceptual artist whose work was founded upon his personal ethical and scientific beliefs. For instance he believed that violence and conflict between the people of the world is the result of ideological differences. He wed fellow artist and collaborator Barbara Steveni in 1951 and together they devised the idea of 'flat-time', based on the theoretical physics of Event Structure.

Interesting guy, especially his ideas on "flat time," "event structure," and dimensionality. Seems very Lostesque, if you will. Not sure if it's related though... a quote from Latham, "Without resolving this issue, there can be no progress past a certain point in human development."

Latham's Guardian Obituary: He had three kids (two boys and one girl). Although one of his sons is named John-Paul Latham which would still work. If this is him (same name) he's an expert in geology/rock mechanics in the Earth Science & Engineering Department at Imperial College in London.

Ok, that's enough wild-goose-chasin' for tonight.

Take it easy all.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:21 PM
    link   

Originally posted by The Big O
    I GOT SOME CRAZY STUFF HERE!!!!!

This comes courtesy of the JayandJack podcast today. Evidently, someone from the show posted the verbiage from the obit that Jack read on the Fuselage.com website.

hmmm, jayandjack are a bit late...

i knew about this for a while...

actually, it had been known since about the 24th...

many have tried to solve the mystery and have come up with:

LA Times Newspaper...

One 'Lost' mystery solved...

basically, i heard about this story here first...

[edit on 28-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:46 AM
    link   

basically, i heard about this story here first...

It was part of their LOST Recap portion of the show which gathers all the news websites and forums have come up with since the show aired. They weren't breaking it or anything...

I was just letting people know where I heard it, and cited the source they mentioned it from as well. Since it came from The Fuselage, and then cascaded out to other sites from there, it was definitely something that the producers of the show wanted to come out. The question is, why?

So far no one has come up with anything as far as anagrams are concerned. However, I'm curious as to figure out why they misspelled the name wrong the second time. Such a big oversight like that cannot be mere coincidence.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:42 AM
    link   

They didn't find the island, they're in the right area but they still don't know the island is there even though they're sitting on its door step. Only once Jack gets the radio working and asks them to fix their location do they know where they are.

If it's the original DHARMA or the money men behind that organisation then it's fair to say they have a round-a-bout idea of where the island is.

Or if they didn't they certainly did (or someone else) after the EMP explosion. Of course once they got there though the island was "invisible".

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:53 PM
    link   
    here is what i think will surround each of these characters once 'lost' finally returns:

Jack

Jack will still be hell-bent on getting everyone off the island (even if Ben continues to tell him otherwise). He may have another physical confrontation with Ben, but I highly doubt that Jack will kill him (even once the boat comes).

Desmond

Desmond will warn the Losties about what he has learned from Charlie and he will inform them of Charlie’s demise. Yes, the Losties will be sad but they will have to wonder about the coming danger.

Sayid

Sayid, after hearing Desmond’s information, will be one of the main Losties that will support the belief that the coming people are dangerous. He will try to talk Jack into destroying the satellite phone or turning it off (even though it will not matter by then) and he will also try to tell Jack that they should attempt to fight the coming people. Sayid may want to talk to Ben or other Others about who the coming people are. This might be a good time for Sayid to finally ask detailed questions to Danielle (and she might actually be cooperative, as she has her daughter).

Ben

Ben will continue to tell Jack about how Naomi’s people are bad and etc. Sure, he could have been exaggerating when he said that her people are going to kill everyone (because we know that Desmond seen a vision of Claire and Aaron riding a helicopter and because we know that, at least, Jack and Kate make it off the island) but he has gotten the main idea right. Naomi’s people are a form of a coming doom for everyone. Ben will not be written off the show just yet. Jack could have killed him in the finale, but he didn’t. I believe that Ben will be around for a good amount of time. Thus, it is possible that The Others successfully rescue him or it is possible that Juliet helps him escape. Even though I believe that these two possibilities are not likely, they still could happen.

Kate

Kate will also be a skeptic (after hearing Desmond’s information), in terms of whose boat it is and whether or not it is rescue or doom. She may have some talks with Jack or Ben about this topic and etc.

Locke

Locke will find The Others at the temple and he will become their new leader. The Others already respect him and, after hearing about what has occurred to Ben and The Others that were killed, they will come to the conclusion that Ben wasn’t a great leader. Locke may tell them about Jacob and how he needs help, Walt appearing to him, the coming doom of Naomi’s people and other things of interest. Eventually, Locke (or someone else) will have to fuse The Others with the Losties.

Richard

Richard may be the unofficial leader of The Others up until Locke comes along. He will probably have some great talks with Locke. He may also be a supporter of the belief that Ben wasn’t a great leader and, thus, how no rescue attempts should be made.

Claire

Claire will be extremely sad about Charlie’s death. Thus, she may also be a skeptic of Naomi’s people.

Sawyer

Sawyer (along with the other Losties that were on the beach during the finale) may also be skeptical of the coming rescue.

Danielle

Danielle might finally share her story with the Losties now that she has her daughter. She might even shed some light on Naomi’s people.

Juliet

Juliet may be a true Lostie at this point.

Overall

Overall, Naomi’s people will be the new bad guys (for whatever reason) of the season. Thus, The Others and the Losties will have to fuse to fight them off. It is interesting to note that Naomi thought that the crash of Flight 815 caused all of the passengers to die. Thus, it is possible that there are three main groups in the outside world: the group that covered up the crash, Penelope’s group and Naomi’s group.

do you agree / disagree???

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
    link   
    Theory Time - Rite Aid Confirms Christian Shephard Alive...

So one big question from the finale is this: is Christian Shephard alive? I got the answer from my local pharmacy, if Jack's prescriptions were from Christian's pad, there is no way in heck that they would be filled if he were dead. Now it is possibly his original prescription was forged from another doctor, but if it came through on Christian's pad, it simply would not be filled because deceased doctors are immediately removed from the database to protect against the kind of misappropriation of meds that Jack was attempting.

The only way Christian would be alive is if Kate, Jack, and whoever else got off the island came out in an alternate time line.

Now, I'm sure this will raise the ire of some of you, particularly those who despise the alternate time line theories, but there are more indications than just Christian possibly being alive. Kate's comment that "he" would be wondering where she was. That is purposeful 'LOST' ambiguity at its best. We are absolutely supposed to be wondering who 'he' is for the next eight months, and it isn't because 'he' is Sawyer.

Harold Perrineau offered role as series regular...

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join