It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I didn't think it through enough. Perhaps Jack and Kate were the only one's rescued and they are told never to come back for their friends.

And perhaps they don't know where the island was, which is why Jack keeps boarding a plane hoping it crashes into the island.

Ugh. I'm already sick and have a headache. This is making it worse.

Amazing episode.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Either that or it is someone we don't know yet.

Jacob?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O

Jacob?

All we know is that it isn't Jack and Kate.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wait....wait...wait....what if the flashf orward actually took place in the past. Kate and Jack got to go back in time. But they still have memories/experiences from the island.

That might explain why Jack said he dad was still alive.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That might explain why Jack said he dad was still alive.

Right he said he was going to call his dad or something like that. Hrm

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

This whole Naomi thing reeks of Charles Widmore.

I mean, if she wasn't with Penelope, but she had a picture of Desmond and knew who he was, then she's working for someone. I say Widmore and Hanso Foundation.

yes...

but why would he want to take over the island???

i mean, didn't he already have some sort of control over it (funding / helping ben's group)???

No, that's not irony. It would have been ironic if everyone coming to his funeral died in a plane crash. That's irony.

haha...

I want to know why Walt appeared....and, something tells me that there is going to be some MAJOR time shifting going on next season.

maybe walt was smokey / jacob???

or walt can now remote view himself onto the island...

Originally posted by Umbrax
Nuts episode.

Okay I'm in for season 4.

as am i...

• The future we saw is fairly far in the future. I don't believe they will be getting off the island anytime soon.

• yes, they will not be leaving soon...

• Ben's people and Jack's people unite to fight the "new threat."

• yup...

• Following new threat they get off the island.

• maybe...

Originally posted by Cutwolf
    And perhaps they don't know where the island was, which is why Jack keeps boarding a plane hoping it crashes into the island.

i am having trouble with this one...

isn't the island supposed to be "invisible" or in a "snow globe"???

how can naomi's boat find it (even if they have the coordinates)???

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:36 PM
    link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

• Ben's people and Jack's people unite to fight the "new threat."

• yup...

?
    You mean this has been confirmed already or you just agree with me?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:38 PM
    link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

but why would he want to take over the island???

Simple...recoup a lost investment.

Remember, Widmore and Hanso are connected. Hanso is who backed Dharma. Widmore owns the building that Dharma's head quarters are in.

If we go with the idea that Ben really is the good guy, the purge happened and Ben used the facilities to block the island. He didn't want it to be found because Dharma was abusing whatever the real purpose of the island is.

Having lost such a HUGE investment, time, people, money, Widmore and Hanso would want it back. Thus, they'd have a general idea of where the island could be, and they'd have the resources to spend on tracking it down.

I think Naomi got the shaft. She was just doing her job. She didn't know what the powers that be were actually up to. Oh well.

[edit]Eeek, I just noticed my unintentional pun.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:43 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
    ?
    You mean this has been confirmed already or you just agree with me?

man, i have been waiting for this unification forever...

so, yes, it is just my humble opinion...

but i am also praying

Simple...recoup a lost investment.

yeah, you are right...

i am just wondering how naomi's boat will find the island...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:27 AM
    link   
    Now this is how a season should end! Take notes, writers of Heroes!

*spoilers*

I loved it when Hurley came driving through the camp, rescuing everyone. That had to be one of the highlights of the episode.

When they first showed Jack, riding the plane with a full beard, and other scenes like it, I first though, "Man, would it be genius for the writers to make these scenes a view into the future," and to my surprise they did. Pure genius!

I'll admit, it was very sad when Charley died. It's the only time watching TV where I almost broke a tear. I don't understand why he couldn't close the door from the outside, or him and Desmond grab Mikhail's oxygen tank and escape, instead of searching for a brand new scuba gear.

As for who was in the coffin, I think it's either Locke or Ben too. Sawyer would be an obvious choice, but given than the writers like to surprise us, I wouldn't be surprised if it were even Juliet.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:03 AM
    link   
    Did you all see the letters on the note Jack had in his hand. It said something like a body was found hanging from a beam. The name started with a Jo or Ja and the last name was entham or emtham. Thanks to High Def. T.V.
    Awesome show and I agree DJ, Heroes learn a lesson from the Lost writers. At least I saw some blood in Lost. OK, now what are we all gonna do until February?:w:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:19 AM
    link   
    I'm betting Desmond uses the scuba gear to go thru the blown out window in the hatch and saves Charlie. I'm hoping he does anyway.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:31 AM
    link   
    No. Charlie is dead and gone.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:03 AM
    link   
    I am so very confused now lol
    That was some serious awsomness, fantastic season finale.

Jack was so upset about that newspaper article and the death of whoever that was, he wanted to kill himself. I dont think that it was Ben or Locke or Sawyer.
    The research Juliet was doing, pregnancies, maybe whoever is coming to the rescue is only interested in that.
    Maybe it was Sun or Claire in the casket, maybe after they were rescued something happened to Sun's unborn child or Claire's baby, they couldn't survive without the "power" of the island or something like that or their children were simply taken away from them. After seeing that one of them maybe commited suicide Jack couldn't deal with it. He rescued them, he didn't listen to Locke, he was responsible for their misery.

In any case, this will drive me nuts till season 4

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:08 AM
    link   
    The name starts with a J.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:08 AM
    link   
    The name starts with a J.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:12 AM
    link   
    No, it was a "him" in the casket. Either Jack or the Funeral Parlor guy said "No one came to his viewing." I remember someone said "his" or "him."

This would preclude any females from being in the casket.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:15 AM
    link   
    What I want to know is why several people said Jack was a hero twice. That leads me to the question, what else is he considered a hero for?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:17 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
    The name started with a Jo or Ja and the last name was entham or emtham. Thanks to High Def. T.V.

Keeping in line with the writers using famous philosophers as character names - I present Jeremy Bentham.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    One more thing....I just read that the name of the funeral parlor Jack goes to, 'Hoffs/Drawlar,' is an anagram for 'flash forward'." LOL! That's great!

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join