It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The New Purpose of This Thread

As was discussed in Lost: A Grand of Posts, the purpose of this thread is now altered a bit. The reason for this change is simply because ‘Lost’ is on hiatus until February of 2008. Thus, instead of merely discussing season three in this thread, we will now focus on everything ‘Lost’-related. Lostpedia.com likes to call everything outside of the actual show the “Expanded Universe.” The term purely means things such as ‘Lost’ action figures, ‘Lost’ DVDs, ‘Lost’ merchandise and ‘Lost’ novels. Therefore, this thread can now be used to discuss all of these things and anything associated with ‘Lost.’ This thread was already home to this kind of discussion, but, now that the show is on hiatus, we can talk about these things in detail.

This thread can also be a dwelling place for conversation on season four. Even though I will be creating a thread on season four sometime in the future, this thread can be a prequel to the great discussions that will revolve around season four. Obviously, this will include speculation, rumors and spoilers. As noted previously, I desire to create a thread dedicated to season four. The thread will, most likely, launch in either December of 2007 or January of 2008. The reason that these months are a great possibility of a launch date is that, in beginnings of this thread, there were “foilers” (fake “spoilers”) released by the producers of the show. This thread launched on July 30th of last year, while the premier episode of season three aired on October 4th of last year. In between, and even before, the time when this thread launched and the time when the premier episode of season three aired, there were a lot of “foilers” being spread around. Even though there was also genuine information being shared around the Internet, these “foilers” were a real let-down. Therefore, the thread dedicated to season four of ‘Lost’ will launch about one or two months before the premier episode of season four. The thread will launch with an opening post filled with a huge archive of information about season four. Take a look at how this thread launched and then multiply that by one hundred!

In conclusion, enjoy this thread while ‘Lost’ is on hiatus and be sure to look out for a thread dedicated to season four in the future.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
the viewers now know that, at least, kate and jack get rescued...

but this will certainly not kill this show...

the journey is more important than the beginning or the end...

They may not get rescued. How many times did Desmond alter what he saw in the future in rescuing Charlie? And when Charlie actually died he could have saved himself if he hadn't listened so blindly to Desmond.

okay but how would you account for mikhail stating that he was recruited and how would you explain his russian accent???

My theory on that (and why some of the Natives have American accents) is that they were also recruited, a LOOOOONG time ago, by an elderly man with weird powers - Jacob. Mikhail did say later that he had lied to them about him being a member of DHARMA, but not about the Purge.
I think Jacob somehow brought the Natives to the Island, made himself known to them somehow (maybe a demonstration of power) and set them to work on something important. Ben comes along, learns more and more about Jacob and finds a way to lock him up and starts giving his own orders to the Natives using Jacob's name to sway them. They believe he can see and hear him so they follow what he says.

FIRST FOILER:

The DHARMA shark is actually called Esra James Sharkington and will not appear in Season 4.

FIRST RUMOURS ON SEASON 4:

They said in one of the podcasts that Season 1's focus was the survivors, Season 2 was the Hatch and Season 3 was the Others. Season 4 is rumoured to be focussing on someone the creators describe as "every bit as significant to our universe as the Emperor was to the Star Wars universe." JACOB!

It's also rumoured that several characters will also be returning: following his appearance in 'Looking Glass' Walt and Michael might be picked up.
We may learn what happened to Annie (Ben's childhood friend), and who else from DHARMA joined the Natives.
Damon Lindelof said we will be seeing Mrs Hawking again, and we will get something I've been pining for all season... a DANIELLE flashback which will explain how Montand and Candle lost their arms.
Penny is an important part in what's happening, and Libby may reappear if they can figure a way to work her in.

[edit on 24/5/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
They may not get rescued.

very true...

My theory on that (and why some of the Natives have American accents) is that they were also recruited, a LOOOOONG time ago, by an elderly man with weird powers - Jacob. Mikhail did say later that he had lied to them about him being a member of DHARMA, but not about the Purge.

mikhail did say that he was recruited by a powerful man and that the losties couldn't understand because they weren't on a list (or something like that)...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think the flash forward is different than a vision.

I think the flash forward is the present, or at least close to the present.

I don't think theres any avoiding that.

I think now whats left to do in the next 3 seasons is fill in the blanks.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
bp0.blogger.com...

High res of the newspaper clipping

[edit on 5-24-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

and, yet, jack tells the funeral director that the person wasn't his family or his friend...

I didn't really understand his reply. When the funeral director asked him, "Friend or family," it sounded to me like he said "either," but my friend thinks he said "neither." If it were "either," my guess is that it's someone from the island, who Jack may have been very close to and viewed as a brother. If it were "neither," then maybe someone from the island that Jack had conflict with, but still felt a sense of responsibility to show up at their funeral.

After reading all the comments here, my bet is that it's James Sawyer who is in the casket. Since Sawyer changes his alias many times, there is a high likelihood that he did it again. He knew only how to be a scam artists, prior to coming on the island, and leaving it, he would have to go back to it just to survive. He may have conned a woman, who's situation led to the same as Sawyer's mother, when he was a child. From the regret of knowing he destroyed someone's family, just as Locke's dad did to his, he might kill himself.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
After reading all the comments here, my bet is that it's James Sawyer who is in the casket. Since Sawyer changes his alias many times, there is a high likelihood that he did it again.

He never changed his alias, it was always Sawyer. And one would assume that with Cooper dead he'd go back to just being James.

I disagree with you though. I think Kate and Sawyer were together in the future which is why Kate was compelled to go and see Jack when he asked... because somehow, maybe next season, she really breaks his heart and feels guilty because of it.
Maybe he find out she is pregnant but before she gets to the third trimester she miscarries. The pain of it brings her and Sawyer together completely and Jack get's pushed away.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Anyone curious why Kate isn't in jail in the future?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I was. I assume that her crime was forgiven after she was found... y'know... dead, and that Sawyer (if he is living with her) helped her find a new identity.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I didn't really understand his reply. When the funeral director asked him, "Friend or family," it sounded to me like he said "either," but my friend thinks he said "neither."

If he said either than the only person that could be in the casket is Claire. Since they have established it's a guy in the coffin, his response had to be neither.

What got me was Lockes inability to kill someone. Couldn't kill the agent at the pot farm, couldn't kill his father, couldn't kill at all. He had no problem putting a knife thru Naomi though. Took her out like she was nothing!

Same for Sawyer. He had regrets for killing the guy before he got on the plane. He was sick over killing Lockes father. He killed the hell out of Tom and seemed to enjoy it. Sawyer is going to the dark side, bigtime.

I think when Jack told the Chief Surgeon to go get his dad, from the look on the CS's face, the CS knew that his father was dead. Jack was just too messed up to realize he wasn't making sense.

Whatever Jack did, It is eating that boy up with guilt.

Only nine months and three days till we find out what happened.

wupy

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
What got me was Lockes inability to kill someone. Couldn't kill the agent at the pot farm, couldn't kill his father, couldn't kill at all. He had no problem putting a knife thru Naomi though. Took her out like she was nothing!

I think he somehow found out that she was one of the 'bad guys', which is why he found it so easy to do. He couldn't kill his father because he was, as his father said, too weak. He couldn't stand up to him. He couldn't kill Jack because Jack has done so much good for the survivors.

Same for Sawyer. He had regrets for killing the guy before he got on the plane. He was sick over killing Lockes father. He killed the hell out of Tom and seemed to enjoy it. Sawyer is going to the dark side, bigtime.

Tom has had that coming for a long time, ever since he first shot Sawyer WAAAAAY back in the first finale. Sawyer had actually started to get along with Walt and Michael and when Tom came and took him it was the first blow. The second was shooting him, and the third was blowing the raft to bits.

I think when Jack told the Chief Surgeon to go get his dad, from the look on the CS's face, the CS knew that his father was dead. Jack was just too messed up to realize he wasn't making sense.

I agree. I don't think Jack was speaking literally. It must have been common knowledge that Christian was messed up, and when Jack started following I'm sure there was gossip among the staff.

Whatever Jack did, It is eating that boy up with guilt.

I know! I think whoever he brought to the Island is going to do some bad stuff. I think they'll kidnap Claire and Aaron (that way Des' vision of them getting into a helicopter is still true), and take out the Others and some of the Losties.

Only nine months and three days till we find out what happened.

Do you know, in the time until next season, a woman could go through every stage of pregnancy and give birth. THAT'S TOO LONG!!!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I didn't really understand his reply. When the funeral director asked him, "Friend or family," it sounded to me like he said "either," but my friend thinks he said "neither."

it was neither...

The pain of it brings her and Sawyer together completely and Jack get's pushed away.

well, sawyer did mention that kate better hope that she isn't pregnant...

Originally posted by Umbrax
Anyone curious why Kate isn't in jail in the future?

maybe the "golden pass" jack mentioned can give both kate and jack whatever they desire (or just free air travel)...

He had no problem putting a knife thru Naomi though. Took her out like she was nothing!

"walt" must have told him what to do...

jeez, i was surprised that locke was ready to kill himself...

my prediction about the future of locke is that he is going to the temple to become the new leader of the others and, someday, the others and losties may have to fuse to stop the new threat...

I think he somehow found out that she was one of the 'bad guys', which is why he found it so easy to do.

yup...

Tom has had that coming for a long time, ever since he first shot Sawyer WAAAAAY back in the first finale. Sawyer had actually started to get along with Walt and Michael and when Tom came and took him it was the first blow. The second was shooting him, and the third was blowing the raft to bits.

don't forget, in 'the hunting party' (season two), when jack / locke / saywer were surrounded by tom and the others, saywer mentioned that "we ain't done here, zeek"...

here are some interesting reads:

LOST Finale Steals American Idol's Thunder...

]Sorry, Charlie: Lost Star Wanted to "Die" a Hero...

'Lost' Hunk Holloway Mugs for Cool Water...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

maybe the "golden pass" jack mentioned can give both kate and jack whatever they desire (or just free air travel)...

The golden pass would have been given to the crash survivors as a form of compensation from Oceanic. It would allow them to fly anywhere (likely stand-by) for free. Airline employees get a similar benefit but it is a discount instead of a free ride.

Kate is a murderer and a fugitive. She must have assumed a new identity. Didn't she take someones ID in season one?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm still a bit troubled at the end of the episode where jack is talking to Kate and say's, "I'm sick of the lying!"

What have they been lying about?

I do like the idea of flash forwards though. The first three seasons were flash backs before the island. Imagine what the last three seasons of after rescue would be like.

Imagine Hurley going home and still having all that money, Or finding his father spent it all on hookers and motorcycles.

Or better yet, suppose Kate and Hurley hook up after she realizes how much money he has.

What will happen to Sayid after he finally makes it off the island? Now there is someone who didn't have much to go back to.

Will the cancer come back for Rose and Bernard have to bury her after they leave?

The possibilities are endless.

wupy

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Kate is a murderer and a fugitive. She must have assumed a new identity. Didn't she take someones ID in season one?

I doubt that because when rescued they would have made world headlines and the person's identity who she takes would be compromised by family, friends, etc..

Maybe since they were all pronounced dead (remember what Naomi said) she got some sort of pardon or whatever.

I really enjoyed the last episode, suck that Charlie had to go....but I guess it was time for someone to die

[edit on 26/5/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They've confirmed over at aicn that next season will contain both flashbacks and flashfowards!

Also, pretty funny interview with Michael Emerson. Nice to know he can take the piss out himself and the show.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Also, pretty funny interview with Michael Emerson. Nice to know he can take the piss out himself and the show.

He is actually a pretty funny guy! You sometimes forget that although he is playing a guy whose done some pretty bad things, he's actually a person.... although that person seems to be just another side to Ben!

Thanks for that!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

The golden pass would have been given to the crash survivors as a form of compensation from Oceanic. It would allow them to fly anywhere (likely stand-by) for free. Airline employees get a similar benefit but it is a discount instead of a free ride.

well, oceanic is supposed to go bankrupt in the future (if the lost experience is the definite future for the time line)...

yes, she did take an id...

i think it would be pretty hard to assume a new identity after being a survivor of a plane crash and all...

whoever helped her off the island must have gave her protection...

I'm still a bit troubled at the end of the episode where jack is talking to Kate and say's, "I'm sick of the lying!"

What have they been lying about?

how about being on a top secret island that few knew existed...

how about seeing and learning things that few should have experienced...

i can go on and on...

the real question should be what are their cover stories???

how could they cover up the fact that they are supposed to be dead???

people referred to jack as jack, so new identities may be out of the question...

I do like the idea of flash forwards though. The first three seasons were flash backs before the island. Imagine what the last three seasons of after rescue would be like.

i wouldn't like that (mainly because it would kill the mystery of who may or may not make it off the island)...

What will happen to Sayid after he finally makes it off the island? Now there is someone who didn't have much to go back to.

i think that all of the losties have no one or thing to go back to (or, at least, that's what i heard the producers state a couple of times)...

The possibilities are endless.

yes they are...

Originally posted by SportyMB
I doubt that because when rescued they would have made world headlines and the person's identity who she takes would be compromised by family, friends, etc..

exactly...

if the people that are coming to the island are the same ones that can cover up the plane crash, then they can certainly give kate protection in return for her keeping her mouth shut...

Originally posted by John Nada
They've confirmed over at aicn that next season will contain both flashbacks and flashfowards!

thanks for that...

that was funny...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
‘Lost’: What Can Ben Tell Us About Season Four?...

Like what?
Kate and Jack got off the island somehow, but other castaways didn’t, and they’re sick about it. And who’s in the coffin? And who is Kate living with?

Do you have sympathy for Ben's character?
I have full sympathy. I believe he has a mission and an agenda that he hasn’t shared with us yet. The survival of the earth may depend on Ben’s work, so it justifies his ruthless behavior. Maybe I’m just fantasizing or deluding myself.

Is Naomi, the British woman who parachuted from above, really bad news?
She’s a messenger from the dark side. I think we can take Ben at his word. Whoever is on the boat that they just called mean them no good. As soon as we’re in season four, I think we’re gonna discover that everyone is in deep trouble.

Lost Exec on Last Night's Big Death: "It Was Painful"...

Why'd you kill off Charlie?
Cuse: We felt like we needed to pay off Desmond's prognostications. We thought about various ways in which that could pay off, but, ultimately, we came to the conclusion that the best version of the story was for Charlie to die.

But Desmond could have had premonitions about anyone. Why Charlie?
Cuse: In order for the story to have real stakes, we had to make it a significant character. And we felt like we had told the biggest and most important parts of Charlie's story. He was an addict; he recovered from his addiction; he found some meaning and purpose in his relationship with Claire. We didn't really want to throw him back into the throes of addiction again. It just felt like this was the best path for this character -- the Everyman Hero making this tremendous sacrifice for the benefit of everyone else on the island -- even if it resulted in the painful consequences of losing Dominic.

As heartbreaking as his death was, it was also kind of beautiful.
Cuse: We gave Charlie a death that was distinctive from any of the other [deaths on Lost]. He willingly chooses to sacrifice himself, and does it in an incredibly noble and heroic way. It felt to us like that was the necessary story culmination for Season 3 to feel complete. Unfortunately, you exist in two realms. You exist in one realm: Damon and I as storytellers. And then we also exist in the realm of producers who happen to be friends with Dominic Monaghan, who's a wonderful guy and a terrific actor. It's really painful to have what's best for the story collide with a personal relationship with an actor. It was very hard to say good-bye to Dominic. But I think he understood. Lost is a story and there's kind of a continuum to it. And some characters are destined to complete the entire journey and others aren't. Charlie's death wasn't insignificant. It creates a major turn in the overall story of Lost.

LOST Season Four Predictions...

- The base. The basis of four is going to be this new group, but not in the way we dealt with the others. This new group is going to be aggressive. Something has been preventing them from interfering with things up to this point, and when that something is removed, all hell is going to break loose on the island.
- No more beach. The beach we know and love is going to go bye bye. I'm predicting the others will be revealed to be the good guys they are and the 815rs will be huddling together with them in anticipation of a looming showdown with the new third group.
- The good guys. We're going to learn by the end of this season that the others have been doing what they do out of necessity. In other words, they are protecting their own butts, probably carrying out the orders of the third group to avoid their wrath.

Lost Season 3 DVD Art Released?...

Lost Finale Analysis - The Journal...

And Now: My shot at Ben's Journal

_/12 An important meeting tonight with (R) and (M) regarding the developing situation. We are now on day 3 of our exodus from the village and I am, I fear, at the limit of my tactical resources. (T)’s agenda, which I don’t question, is however a narrow and difficult one, and I could well wish we’d had time to prepare, not merely for the military strike, but for a surveillance campaign of the beach. We are short on provisions (seasonal) and, more importantly, the long-awaited re-supply of camp gear having been missed (and so necessary!) _____ _____ _____ just as our water supply ____ ___ have been cut off. We look like a very sad sort of gypsy army.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thanks for al that stuff TSA!

My view on the journal is that the R and M stand for Richard and Mikhail, and that (T)'s agenda, should in fact read (J)'s agenda, for Jacob.

I'm happy that the Others and the Losties will be working together, but I'm very curious to see what exactly the new group is, and what they are doing.

God I hope they're Mittlewerk's men. This is the perfect opportunity to tie the Experience into the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join