It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Jack's dad is still alive so it's either an alternate timeline or they were able to make a deal to take something "out of the box" so to speak.

I'm guessing it's someone we don't know yet in the casket but if it is it's going to be Ben or Locke. I'd guess Ben because Kate said something along the lines of "why would I go?" which is very hostile. Regardless of what Locke has done they've been through alot together and I couldn't see Kate nor other losties not showing up. It's likely going to be someone we meet next season though otherwise they wouldn't have any reason not to show us.

I reckon, if they had a choice, that a majority of the losties and others chose to remain on the island which would obviously rule out Locke and Ben.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I took Jack acting as if his dad to be there to show just how messed up/bitter Jack is about life.

Also, wasn't Jack's father's casket empty or am I imagining that?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
I took Jack acting as if his dad to be there to show just how messed up/bitter Jack is about life.

I thought that too. Except they made a point to mention Jack's father several times. I'm taking this as the writers trying to say, "HEY! Something's not right here! Pay attention to this!"

Sort of like how they made a point to show that Richard had not aged at all in Ben's flashback.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I didn't take it as that. I guess we'll find out...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
For those interested....I'm the fourth caller on the current edition of the JayandJack.com LOST podcast.

"WHAAAAAAAT?"

[edit] Fourth caller, not third as I originally stated.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by The Big O]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

• Locke is in the casket. No one likes him because he keeps trying to keep everyone on the island. Either that or it is someone we don't know yet.

• I shouldn't be reading any of this as I haven't seen the epi's yet (in UK).
    I wont read anymore till sunday, Umbrax's post is 2 pgs back.

Anyway, I recently re watch season 1 on dvd, first time ever since it was first on TV. Jack has his Dads body doesn't he, but it went missing.

It sounds to me (could be wrong) but only Jack and Kate were at the Funeral. Maybe they were showing Jacks goodbye to his father, but obviously we can't be too sure who it is so it's a ploy to keep us all guessing who's gonna die, No-one in this case, he's already dead.

SO if more than Jack and Kate were there, this could be wrong, but if only them 2, think about it...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
    link   
    Yes, the body was not in the casket. I knew I wasn't going crazy.

You're in for a real show whenever you watch it, Chukkles.

Try to stop reading all these spoilers!

[edit on 5-24-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
    link   
    How far fetched would it be that the body in the casket is Jack's. Remember they found the crashed airplane and bodies didn't they? Or was that a lie from ( I can't remember her name ) who parachuted onto the Island. The funeral director asked if he was family and Jack didn't want the casket opened. Just a thought

Or just another thought by a friend. Maybe that was the fortieth funeral he had to go to. Everyone but him and Kate died because of his actions.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:07 AM
    link   
    It was a pretty good episode. It didn't wow me as much as the previous finale's but it did still leave me rubbing my chin and waiting for the next season.

The funniest thing was seeing Danielle's idea of mother/daughter bonding. Not hair braiding or shopping, or even gossiping.

"Do you want to help me tie him up?"

Classic!

I think Naomi is a member of the DHARMA Initiative. Perhaps after the Purge and the activation of the Looking Glass, they lost the Island's position and have been attempting to get back there ever since to resume their work (of course that theory has to ignore the supply drops).

Or she is a representative of Charles Widmore. Thinking about it, maybe Libby was too. She met Des and gave him the boat so he could enter the race and find the Island. Charles knew Pen would do anything to find him, so he plays the doting, but reluctant father and hires a crew for her. Once the EMP burst was released he convinces Penny to give him her photo of the two of them so he can have his people find Desmond.

Its a reach I know!

What is attacking the Island? Ben makes reference to the Island being under the greatest attack it has ever faced, but who, or what, is the attacker?
    And what's up with Mikhail? Is he really Wolverine, cause only Logan could heal as much as him!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:27 AM
    link   
    It may be a racist way of looking at it but the funeral home was in a predominantly black neighbourhood so maybe it's either Michael or Walt? That's if it is someone we've seen before.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
    Now this is how a season should end! Take notes, writers of Heroes!

niiice...

I loved it when Hurley came driving through the camp, rescuing everyone. That had to be one of the highlights of the episode.

that was fun...

When they first showed Jack, riding the plane with a full beard, and other scenes like it, I first though, "Man, would it be genius for the writers to make these scenes a view into the future," and to my surprise they did. Pure genius!

you know, i had the strangest feeling that jack would jump off that bridge (even though, in my mind, i knew it was a flashback)...

how weird is that (now that we know it was a flash forward)???

I'll admit, it was very sad when Charley died. It's the only time watching TV where I almost broke a tear. I don't understand why he couldn't close the door from the outside, or him and Desmond grab Mikhail's oxygen tank and escape, instead of searching for a brand new scuba gear.

it was so sad...

Originally posted by Solarskye
    Did you all see the letters on the note Jack had in his hand.

w0w, great catch...

i didn't notice that...

Originally posted by mrwupy
    I'm betting Desmond uses the scuba gear to go thru the blown out window in the hatch and saves Charlie. I'm hoping he does anyway.

i would hate that...

if the writers plan on killing someone, they better keep that character dead (except for locke)...

Originally posted by paperclip
    Jack was so upset about that newspaper article and the death of whoever that was, he wanted to kill himself.

and, yet, jack tells the funeral director that the person wasn't his family or his friend...

Originally posted by The Big O
    What I want to know is why several people said Jack was a hero twice. That leads me to the question, what else is he considered a hero for?

easy (maybe):

jack made his ex wife able to walk after her crash...

that was the first time he became a hero...

One more thing....I just read that the name of the funeral parlor Jack goes to, 'Hoffs/Drawlar,' is an anagram for 'flash forward'." LOL! That's great!

that's just great...

Originally posted by John Nada
    Jack's dad is still alive so it's either an alternate timeline or they were able to make a deal to take something "out of the box" so to speak.

that's the only reason i am so confused about the last minutes of the finale...

i wonder how christian is alive...

Also, wasn't Jack's father's casket empty or am I imagining that?

yes, it was empty (but he was confirmed to be dead by the producers a while back)...

For those interested....I'm the fourth caller on the current edition of the JayandJack.com LOST podcast.

awesome...

i will have to listen...

Originally posted by Chukkles
    I shouldn't be reading any of this as I haven't seen the epi's yet (in UK).
    I wont read anymore till sunday, Umbrax's post is 2 pgs back.

watch it and then join the fun...

Originally posted by Solarskye
    How far fetched would it be that the body in the casket is Jack's.

well, a while back, fans thought that adam and eve (the two people found in the caves in season one) were kate and jack...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
    The funniest thing was seeing Danielle's idea of mother/daughter bonding. Not hair braiding or shopping, or even gossiping.

"Do you want to help me tie him up?"

Classic!

that was great...

I think Naomi is a member of the DHARMA Initiative.

that makes sense...

What is attacking the Island? Ben makes reference to the Island being under the greatest attack it has ever faced, but who, or what, is the attacker?

outsiders...

whoever is coming to the island...

and what about these great things:

- locke coming back (i was so happy that he came back before season four and i was happy / i kind of knew that he would shoot naomi)...

also, i really thought that he was going to shoot jack (i was getting nervous for a minute)...

- walt is back (or it was just smokey or jacob)...

either way, it was great to see the actor again (he has gotten taller and his voice has gotten deeper because of puberty or weird dharma experiments)...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
    link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
    - locke coming back (i was so happy that he came back before season four and i was happy / i kind of knew that he would shoot naomi)...

I was screaming "POINT THE GUN AT KATE!!!" That would have made Jack drop the phone faster than a newborn giraffe.
    Speaking of which, does Jack know Kate loves Sawyer? His explanation for defending him was "I love you," so was he reassuring her that the person she loved loved her back?

- walt is back (or it was just smokey or jacob)...

either way, it was great to see the actor again (he has gotten taller and his voice has gotten deeper because of puberty or weird dharma experiments)...

Yeah.... ummm.... if anyone asks it was DHARMA.... not puberty.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:34 PM
    link   

I was screaming "POINT THE GUN AT KATE!!!" That would have made Jack drop the phone faster than a newborn giraffe.

true...

Speaking of which, does Jack know Kate loves Sawyer? His explanation for defending him was "I love you," so was he reassuring her that the person she loved loved her back?

well, he knows that they had sex...

i don't know if he was telling her that sawyer loved her...

it was weird that jack kissed juliet on the lips (while kate watched) and then jack had the nerve to say that he loved kate...

kate should have shown some backbone...

o0o well, in the end, i suppose, they don't get together so it matters not...

Yeah.... ummm.... if anyone asks it was DHARMA.... not puberty.

okay, that will be the cover story...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
    link   
    Alright Who thought "Future" Jack Sucked

What the H were they thinking? That little flash into the future will do more to kill this show than anything you can believe. This really needs to be a totally hypothetical future, "It was all just a dream", like Bobby with Dallas.

Why didn't Charlie just go out side the hatch, and secure it from the other side? Was he that afraid of swimming back? Did he really want off the show that bad? Man that seriously irritated me. What a total tool, he could have survived if just went to the other side and secured it there. He had plenty of time. What the friggen deal with cyclops, I tell you, you shot someone in the "heart" with a spear, it takes a longer time than that to "heal" enough to escape like he did. Charlie must have just wanted off the show.

"Who knew Ben could tell the truth", and that the freighter wasn't Penny's. I guess we have all new and improved bad guys for the next couple of years. The next thing we will know the others and the losties will have to work together to kill the new others, i will call the "Outlanders", maybe they will call it the "Land Lobbers", or something.

I sorry if this is evil or not but - When a tighed up Syhid, tripped, disarmed, and snapped a guys neck all with he feet. That was friggen awesome. I had to rewind it and watch it again, I was so shocked.

I'm glad Hurley got a chance to prove he is usefull I was starting to wonder how many people were going to crack on Hurley being too fat to help until he went off.

PS The casket was in the future. It wasn't his dad, it was probably "Sawyers", that's why he asked future Kate if she was going to the funeral.

Jack of Blades- It wouldn't suprise me if she really worked for Whitmore. People with money, and a serious goal can get alot accomplished. For a while there I really thought that she was from Penny's boat.

John Nada- good call I just assumed that the all black neighborhood was meant to say it was an funeral for a poor person, per say. It could be for Micheal. Seeing the death of a guy you trusted, who hosed you like he did, would make you crazy. That could explain the "why would I" from Kate.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:17 PM
    link   

Why didn't Charlie just go out side the hatch, and secure it from the other side? Was he that afraid of swimming back? Did he really want off the show that bad? Man that seriously irritated me. What a total tool, he could have survived if just went to the other side and secured it there. He had plenty of time. What the friggen deal with cyclops, I tell you, you shot someone in the "heart" with a spear, it takes a longer time than that to "heal" enough to escape like he did. Charlie must have just wanted off the show.

See, posts like this irk me. Just because you have a theory that didn't pan out, you get mad.

When was it said it hit him in the heart? I was actually surprised that the spear did as much damage as it did. It may have missed his heart. How do you know?

As for Charlie, he probably realized he had to die in order to make Desmond's vision come true. If he stayed alive, it might mean Claire not getting rescued (as he saw in his vision).

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
    link   
    Would you believe I'm a doctor?

No...well fine see if I operate on you.

Because I remember seeing a large projectile sticking out of the middle left of his chest. I could be wrong but that my recollection. I know on this island everybody has superhealing. I know on this island the special ones, Locke, Cyclops, etc, has special superhealing. But the guy was down for like five minutes. Give me a freaken break. Post like the one above irk me. What is my theory? That a guy even from the island should have been down for longer than a few seconds?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
    link   

As for Charlie, he probably realized he had to die in order to make Desmond's vision come true. If he stayed alive, it might mean Claire not getting rescued (as he saw in his vision).

That's exactly why he did it. He could have saved himself and Desmond, but the vision said that he pushed the button then he drowned, then the helicopter rescued Claire and Aaron.

I've come to the conclusion (as most of you probably have) that Mikhail is a Native of the Island, one of the previous Hostiles. It explains his ability to heal rapidly from possibly fatal wounds.
    And do not discount his healing powers too soon, Locke was shot in the gut at POINT BLANK (something which would have literally exploded his insides) and he was up and walking within a very short time.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Royal76
    Would you believe I'm a doctor?

No...well fine see if I operate on you.

Because I remember seeing a large projectile sticking out of the middle left of his chest. I could be wrong but that my recollection. I know on this island everybody has superhealing. I know on this island the special ones, Locke, Cyclops, etc, has special superhealing. But the guy was down for like five minutes. Give me a freaken break. Post like the one above irk me. What is my theory? That a guy even from the island should have been down for longer than a few seconds?

Your theory is that it hit him in the heart and was a fatal wound.

My theory was that it missed his heart and was a serious wound, but not too serious, and that he was playing possum for a large part of that.

Lets duel. I show you my evidence, you show me yours.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Royal76
    Alright Who thought "Future" Jack Sucked

jack is depressed...

ben, his enemy, was right and jack calling the boat was a grave mistake that he will regret forever...

now jack desires to find the island again...

thus, there must be people / work to do there...

What the H were they thinking? That little flash into the future will do more to kill this show than anything you can believe.

i see what you mean...

the viewers now know that, at least, kate and jack get rescued...

but this will certainly not kill this show...

the journey is more important than the beginning or the end...

Why didn't Charlie just go out side the hatch, and secure it from the other side?

i was wondering about that, too...

maybe there was no lock on the other side...

What the friggen deal with cyclops, I tell you, you shot someone in the "heart" with a spear, it takes a longer time than that to "heal" enough to escape like he did.

he could have been playing dead...

and, originally, i thought that, when charlie was playing the keyboard, mikhail was going to shoot him...

man, i was so scared that he was going to die right then and there...

i was actually screaming that no one better die...

you know a television show is good when it makes you do that...

"Who knew Ben could tell the truth", and that the freighter wasn't Penny's. I guess we have all new and improved bad guys for the next couple of years. The next thing we will know the others and the losties will have to work together to kill the new others, i will call the "Outlanders", maybe they will call it the "Land Lobbers", or something.

yup...

I sorry if this is evil or not but - When a tighed up Syhid, tripped, disarmed, and snapped a guys neck all with he feet. That was friggen awesome. I had to rewind it and watch it again, I was so shocked.

that was cool...

probably...

charlie seemed okay with dying when he told those two women his plan...

I've come to the conclusion (as most of you probably have) that Mikhail is a Native of the Island, one of the previous Hostiles. It explains his ability to heal rapidly from possibly fatal wounds.
    And do not discount his healing powers too soon, Locke was shot in the gut at POINT BLANK (something which would have literally exploded his insides) and he was up and walking within a very short time.

okay but how would you account for mikhail stating that he was recruited and how would you explain his russian accent???

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join