It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
The writers of LOST:

LMAO!!! Absolutely brilliant! Cheers dude I needed a chuckle.

the writers actually do have the answers to all the mysteries that they present (believe it or not)...

Oh yeah? They've showed you have they? You have no more an idea if that's true than anyone else on this board so please don't present statements like that as fact.

All any of us have is statements from the writers saying they do know what they're doing, but they're hardly going to say they don't!

Personally I believe that they do know what the "big reveal" is, but everything else inbetween they're just making up as they go along. As long as they can tie it back to the "big reveal" in some way they're covered.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Or that's what Ben wants us all to think.

Originally posted by John Nada
Oh yeah? They've showed you have they? You have no more an idea if that's true than anyone else on this board so please don't present statements like that as fact.

hey, i have faith...

this is the only show that i have ever watched that has actually made me think about what is being presented...

that it, 'lost' is the only show that i discuss in detail with others about theories and, really, anything else...

so, i have faith in this show...

All any of us have is statements from the writers saying they do know what they're doing, but they're hardly going to say they don't!

i once heard that the answers to the central mysteries of the show are in a safe in a bank...

Personally I believe that they do know what the "big reveal" is, but everything else inbetween they're just making up as they go along. As long as they can tie it back to the "big reveal" in some way they're covered.

you are correct...

michael emerson, the actor that plays ben, was supposed to last only for three episodes...

emerson acted so superbly that the writers decided to make him a key part of the show...

this was the case for desmond too (the writers decided to make him a key character)...

so, yes, the writers do have the main answers (the "big reveal," as you call it) and they also have the task of relating it to certain aspects of the show that the writers never intended to (like ben and desmond)...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
By the way, would anyone happen to know the name of that song that was being played at the previews for the next episode? I've heard it everywhere, but just haven't hear anyone mention the name of it before.

i just got the answer for you:

"requiem for a dream"...

anyway, is mikhail still alive:

linky...

and sun is with juliet:

linky...

these are caps from the preview...

be careful about that site, as they have spoiler stuff there...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
and sun is with juliet:

Well, we all thought that might be who they ended up going after if/when the "others" found out she was pregnant.

I guess we'll find out soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
here is the newest trailer in divx quality:

linky...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"Lost Faces Scheduling Issues"...

To avoid the scheduling fiasco of the past few seasons, ABC Entertainment President Steve McPherson has indicated, Lost will run straight through next season with original episodes. A fall start would make it collide with the holidays, so odds-makers are betting that it will follow the same path of Fox’s 24, by airing January-May.

ABC says Lost is the most-recorded show on DVRs, but that’s a measurement count advertisers won’t consider. If the network wants to keep the franchise away from Fox’s American Idol and make affiliates happy by offering a decent lead-in to their late newscasts, it will need to continue airing it at 10.

ABC scheduling chief Jeff Bader declined to comment on possible scheduling scenarios. But he will undoubtedly have his work cut out for him in the weeks ahead.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ABC says Lost is the most-recorded show on DVRs, but that’s a measurement count advertisers won’t consider. If the network wants to keep the franchise away from Fox’s American Idol and make affiliates happy by offering a decent lead-in to their late newscasts, it will need to continue airing it at 10.

Does anyone actually watch it when it's broadcast for the first time on ABC?

Personally I just download them and watch them at my own convenience, and with the TIVO thing taking off is scheduling conflicts really such a big deal anymore?

p.s. For those that have it are commercials removed when you TIVO are program? Cheers.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

i do...

sometimes i have to kick my girlfriend off of the phone so i could watch it...

actually, people in the millions still watch it as it airs on television...

watching it as it airs is important for ratings and all that stuff...

Personally I just download them and watch them at my own convenience, and with the TIVO thing taking off is scheduling conflicts really such a big deal anymore?

i download it too (even after i have watched it)...

as stated before, ratings are very important...

the article was mentioning that they don't want 'lost' competing with 'american idol,' especially on wednesdays (the night when a contestant gets voted off)...

p.s. For those that have it are commercials removed when you TIVO are program? Cheers.

i don't have it, but i am sure that one could fast-forward the commercials...

[edit on 16-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
new theory (and i even used paragraph formatting and all of that stuff):

It is very interesting that Benjamin Linus had cancer. Juliet conducted “extensive work-ups” on all of the members of his group and found that cancer was not present in any of them. The actual science of how this is possible is not known, but the fact that none of the members of Benjamin’s group have cancer is a telling tale. Is it possible that the island favors these people and blesses them with little-to-no illness? If the answer to this question is yes, then why did Benjamin have cancer?

It is in my opinion that the island has discontinued the act of protecting Benjamin. Why would this be? Benjamin must have done something to make the island end its protective services to him. This something must have been so serious as to cause Benjamin to have a tumor developed on his spine. It is interesting to note that Benjamin knew that the tumor would be cancerous, even though Juliet only told him that he had a tumor. Benjamin must have known that he did something to cause the island to stop protecting him. In other words, Benjamin must have known that a cancerous tumor may develop if he did this something in question. But, Benjamin was extremely surprised when Juliet told him of the news. It is possible that Benjamin believed that he was doing something good, when, in reality, it caused the island to be irritated at him.

Juliet was recruited for the purpose of fixing the problem with conception and birth that Benjamin’s group has. Juliet was recruited to the island before Benjamin knew of his tumor and maybe even before he had the tumor. Thus, it is possible that Benjamin’s group was doing something against the island’s wishes even before Benjamin got a tumor. If Benjamin and some others really did live on the island for all of their lives and had generations of people living on the island before DHARMA, then I find it hard to believe that his group could never produce children. How could these people exist for generations if they could not create kids? I believe that this problem with conception and birth is a recent one. Thus, Benjamin’s people must be getting punished for what they are doing. Exactly what they are doing that is angering the island is uncertain.

Another interesting fact is that Benjamin is not able to walk after Jack completed the operation. Yes, Benjamin must have really pissed off the island for this to occur. It is possible that the island does not want Benjamin to be the leader of the others for any longer. I am surprised that the people of Benjamin’s group have not wondered why Benjamin received a tumor and is now not able to walk (or maybe they have).

This Jacob character is a very interesting one. As you might be aware of, in the Bible, Benjamin is a son of Jacob. The character’s names in ‘Lost’ are extremely important. Although Jacob may be an actual person, I get the impression that he is more of a force or energy. For me, I get the sense that Jacob is always spoken of extremely respectively. When Benjamin told Juliet that Jacob would help her sister, her face changed drastically. Members of Benjamin’s group may have never seen Jacob, but may have heard great stories of him. Thus, they all respect him greatly. The brainwashing video that Karl experienced even mentions that "God loves you as He loved Jacob." Yes, Jacob is highly revered. As stated previously, I get the impression that Jacob is more of a force or energy (for some reason). Maybe the island’s powers are actually this energy of Jacob at work?

In conclusion, Benjamin must have done something to cause the island and all of its weirdness to:

- Take away the people of Benjamin’s group’s ability to produce children.
- Cause Benjamin to develop a tumor.
- Take away Benjamin’s ability to walk.

Let us recall the Biblical Jacob’s blessing to his son, Benjamin: "Benjamin is a ravening wolf, in the morning he devours the prey, in the evening he snatches a share of the spoil."

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
As for the most DVR'ed show on TV thing....LOST grabs more 18-35 males during it's time slot than any other show on TV. In addition, males 18-35 are the most likely to DVR something and watch it at a later time. And finally, males 18-35 are the group leaving regular TV viewing the most, but are the KEY advertising demographic for companies since they still, for the time being, represent where most of the money spent in our economy comes from.

So, LOST isn't going anywhere. It's one of the few shows where they can count on the male 18-35 demo. The problem ABC faces is trying to figure out how to still make money off a show where a TON of that demographic fast forwards though the commercials.

Product placement, which in my view will be the advertising method of the future, isn't really an option for the show due to how it is structured (I mean, I just don't see a crate of Apple Macbooks washing ashore).

I see some form of "ABC's LOST brought to you with limited commercial interruptions by Snickers" type thing.

Honestly, I think it's funny that advertising for TV will end up coming back to how it was in TV's infancy.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Product placement, which in my view will be the advertising method of the future, isn't really an option for the show due to how it is structured (I mean, I just don't see a crate of Apple Macbooks washing ashore).

lol lol

I can see it now. Jack on the Beach at night... alone. Ben emerges from the forest as Jack drags a broken crate off the beach, removes a bottle and drinks.

BEN: Hello Jack.

JACK: What are you doing here, Ben?

BEn: I could ask you the same question...

JACK: I'm enjoying a refreshing bottle of Coca Cola on a beach at night.

BEN: Is it cold?

JACK: Always.

BEN: Coca Cola... Well, you got another?

JACK: Sure. *throws a bottle to Ben* Here.

BEN: You know, Jack, I'm tired of all this fussing and feuding. This Coca Cola has made me decide to tell you exactly what's going on...

JACK: Screw that. Let's have a beach party!

*Hundreds of bikini clad girls appear from nowhere and start dancing*

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I can see it now. Jack on the Beach at night... alone. Ben emerges from the forest as Jack drags a broken crate off the beach, removes a bottle and drinks.

BEN: You know, Jack, I'm tired of all this fussing and feuding. This Coca Cola has made me decide to tell you exactly what's going on...

JACK: Screw that. Let's have a beach party!

*Hundreds of bikini clad girls appear from nowhere and start dancing*

LOL! Yeah, I was thinking something along the same lines.

I mean, they could use some in flashbacks, but the problem is that EVERYTHING has a meaning on LOST, and people would start trying to figure out why so and so had Nike shoes, but someone else had ASICS.

I do see product placement eventually becoming the advertising method of the future, with shows being sponsored like back in the day as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"TV shows that should be canceled"...

“Lost”
Let’s be honest: The only reason to watch “Lost” any more is to see how it ends, so let’s just end it now and then we can all relax. The show’s producers recently said they were talking to ABC about planning a firm end date for the show, which would help the show’s writers avoid having to create newer and more banal, pseudo-intellectual mysteries. Most importantly, the network needs to stop wasting the talents of its amazing, capable cast. This season, characters were ignored for weeks on end with no real payoff. It’s time for “Lost’s” castaways to find their way home, or not, just as long as they do something.

“24”
Coming off its best season ever, “24” has had its worst season ever. The show has recycled plot lines, and has most recently shifted 180 degrees, dropping one plot and picking up another, which is almost as implausible as all that’s come before it. Worse, Jack Bauer has been more absent than usual this year — and there’s not much left to do to him. Unless the writers can give the series a major reboot, focusing on something other than an impending terrorist attack in Los Angeles, it’s time to pull the batteries out of “24’s” clock.

the other shows were 'the simpsons,' 'er' and 'csi: new york'...

i can't believe 'lost' is even on this list :shk:

people have no respect for mysteries anymore...

i can see why the others are on the list (mostly '24'), but not 'lost'...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lost also leads the poll on the same page. Right now 19% of the people have voted for Lost to be canceled... and they listed a lot of crappy shows.

i can't believe 'lost' is even on this list :shk:

people have no respect for mysteries anymore...

It has nothing to do with the fact that Lost is a mystery. Lost was a mystery in season one and everyone loved it.
Heroes and Jericho are mysteries too and they were not on the list.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It has nothing to do with the fact that Lost is a mystery. Lost was a mystery in season one and everyone loved it.

a show like 'lost' requires long-term commitment (multiple seasons)...

the people that are against 'lost' just might be the ones who are not patient enough to wait for the whole story to play out...

Heroes and Jericho are mysteries too and they were not on the list.

yeah, i wondered about that...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How Will LOST Fans Pass the Time?...

In just seven weeks LOST will end its third season with a two hour finale that promises to deliver the series' biggest twists and turns ever. The bad news is, LOST fans will be waiting as many as nine months for new material to follow. Will a fan base as demanding for input as the LOST crowd seems to be, nine months might as well be an eternity. What, if anything, does ABC have planned to keep LOST fans interested?

For one thing, there is UBISoft's LOST video game, scheduled for release in mid 2007. The game is built around Ubisoft's famous first person shooter technology and will allow players to experience first hand some of the shows more famous locations, as well as explore never before seen areas of the island. There is no solid confirmation of what the plot of the game will be, but Executive Producer Carlton Cuse told us early last month that the game would in no way infringe upon the story line of the show.

For those who just want another look, there is the LOST Season Three DVD set which will be released in late September. LOST has become quite well known for producing intriguing boxed sets for its earlier seasons, and Season Three should be no exception. The typical deleted scenes, behind the scenes footage, and blooper reels will be included, as well as a sneak peek at the fore mentioned video game.

TV takes advantage of Hawaiian beauty...

In ABC's "Lost," each character has an elaborate backstory that takes place in myriad locations worldwide, such as the Iraqi desert, where Sayid Jarrah (played by Naveen Andrews) is a member of the Iraqi Republican Guard. But, instead of shooting in Iraq, the scenes were actually filmed in the Diamond Head Crater on the Southeast Coast of Oahu, Hawaii -- overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

"Hawaii has doubled for Korea, Iowa, Kuwait and London," says Barry Jossen, executive vice president of Touchstone TV, which produces the show. "It has such a wide array of looks. It's just one of the gifts the island has given us."

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I do...I need my fix.

Personally, my pet theory is that an electromagnetic anomaly on the island results in the manifestation of people's thoughts into real entities. (backed up further by Ben's "box that manifests your imagination")

For example: Locke likely imagined he could walk to escape the wreck, and was then amazed when he did so. Then there's the polar bear from Walt's comic, etc. Walt was likely "special" because the Dharma folks recognized this ability was enhanced with him (remember the bird flying at the glass).

My guess is that the Dharma "others" see the survivors as the ultimate control group, and therefore allow the bigger "purpose" of discovering the island's power and applications, to override their morality. Due to the Dharma foods and fresh perishable foods in Ben's fridge, we can pretty much conclude that the others are "Dharma" despite some statements to the contrary.

The Swan hatch is another interesting one. In any case, I feel the button didn't do anything, but the collective BELIEF that it did, and what the consequences would be if not pressed, is what created the event. Also, you must remember that the first event was caused by Desmond (that brought the plane down), but it wasn't severe enough to damage or destroy the station. Whereas with the collective belief of a large disaster, it manifested when the button wasn't pressed.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I've got one issue with it though.

Originally posted by Gazrok
Then there's the polar bear from Walt's comic, etc. Walt was likely "special" because the Dharma folks recognized this ability was enhanced with him (remember the bird flying at the glass).

Problem with this one was that the Polar Bears were real, and at one time kept for observation on the island, along with presumably other animals at or near the Hydra hatch.

Two of the Losties were actually kept in the bears old cages for a few shows.

I don't think this necessarily means your theory is wrong, just that the part about the polar bears and Walt might be.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

I concur. I think part of the problem with the show, as I've talked about at length in my first LOST podcast about, is that this is a show that should have been three seasons.

What happens with American TV is you get an idea and make a show. Then, that show takes off. You're forced to stretch out the idea longer than it should be, and the middle parts sag.

This is why the first season was so tight, and it's sort of dragged from there. Now that they've com to a realization that there are two seasons left, things are starting to pick up.

Non-American TV has dramas that are meants to last only two or three seasons. They don't tend to suffer as much as dramas like LOST does. One thing LOST has going for it is a very rich cast, and a lot of depth in the various characters. In addition, the writers were very smart to create a show where ever single detail has significance, giving people a TON of stuff to look at and consider during the down time between shows and seasons. Had they not done this, I don't think LOST would have gotten over like it has.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Then there's the polar bear from Walt's comic, etc. Walt was likely "special" because the Dharma folks recognized this ability was enhanced with him (remember the bird flying at the glass).

as was stated before, the polar bears were a part of dharma experiments...

claims from tom and the polar bears appearing in the orientation-like footage in the season two dvd's seem to support this...

Also, you must remember that the first event was caused by Desmond (that brought the plane down), but it wasn't severe enough to damage or destroy the station. Whereas with the collective belief of a large disaster, it manifested when the button wasn't pressed.

maybe desmond's incident wasn't that sever because he was able to enter the numbers, whereas, in the season two finale, it was an impossibility to enter the numbers because locke destroyed the computer...

Problem with this one was that the Polar Bears were real, and at one time kept for observation on the island, along with presumably other animals at or near the Hydra hatch.

yup...

One thing LOST has going for it is a very rich cast, and a lot of depth in the various characters. In addition, the writers were very smart to create a show where ever single detail has significance, giving people a TON of stuff to look at and consider during the down time between shows and seasons. Had they not done this, I don't think LOST would have gotten over like it has.

all of these points are perfect...

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join