It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You're probally right Theyseeall. I'll have to pull that episode out to watch again. I know it was cold and snowy wherever they were. I think they called Penny.
I just want to thank you for this forum. I'm loving it and it took awhile to read all the post here. I've been to every other forum to read the post and spoilers, but will have to say that I like yours the best.
Keep up the good work and please let me in on any new news that comes along. I don't like spoilers because it takes away the surprise, but anything I've missed, just let me know.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I just want to thank you for this forum. I'm loving it and it took awhile to read all the post here. I've been to every other forum to read the post and spoilers, but will have to say that I like yours the best.
Keep up the good work and please let me in on any new news that comes along. I don't like spoilers because it takes away the surprise, but anything I've missed, just let me know.

as my girlfriend would say, "awww"

thanks for saying all of that nice stuff...

i don't like spoilers either...

remember, if you have any question, post away...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Do you think Charlie is gonna die?
And was the girl left for Desmond a Decoy?
Maybe they wanted to get Desmond out of the way and focused on something important to him. If so, the losties are in trouble.
Okay every once in a while I say nice things to people, but I do like your thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i wonder, though, how the heck that helicopter managed to find the island...

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to aviation but helicopters aren't suited for long range travel. Is that right?

Perhaps the helicopter is from the island and the new character is a plant.

I'm glad Charlie didn't die in this episode. I hope that when his time finally comes his death has purpose and meaning. I think there should be a point where he realizes "Hey, I'm destined to die here so I will make a sacrifice to help somebody."

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm glad Charlie didn't die in this episode. I hope that when his time finally comes his death has purpose and meaning. I think there should be a point where he realizes "Hey, I'm destined to die here so I will make a sacrifice to help somebody."

Yeah me too!! Charlie has come along way from quiting the Herion to being more responsible. Makes me wonder that when they do die, did they reach their potential. Just speculating here. Did Boone reach his? How about Dynamite Alt?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tonight was a good episode. I really like Desmond, and I was really going crazy thinking they were going to find a dead Penny hanging from that tree. She probably is a hostile though, it would just fit with all of the plot twists that the show takes. Like the one tonight at the end.

Umbrax, I am with you. I am glad Charlie didn't die tonight. If he had it would almost be like Desmond had murdered him. At least something like manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Umbrax, I am with you. I am glad Charlie didn't die tonight. If he had it would almost be like Desmond had murdered him. At least something like manslaughter.

So by saying that, Desmond can change his visions? He can change the future. Instead of going with the murder of Charlie to get to Penny, he took the moral road to change it. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It seems that Brother Campbell is more significant that it first appears. The guys at Lostipedia noticed a picture on his desk of Brother Campbell with Ms. Hawking.
Ms. Hawking was the older woman who seemed to know way to much when it came to Des's flashes. Both of these people shaped Des's destiny. It can't be just coincidence that they know each other.

So by saying that, Desmond can change his visions? He can change the future. Instead of going with the murder of Charlie to get to Penny, he took the moral road to change it. Interesting.

Sure, Des has saved Charlie at least two times before.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Great episode, although I was hoping for something more Juliet-wise.

I think Charlie will die, but I think he will die for Claire or Aaron. Maybe he will die saving them from Juliet and the Others.

I noticed the picture on the Father's desk but I couldn't remember who it was.

The Listening Station wasn't on a boat. It was on land surrounded by snow, and ice, and wind... meaning it is likely at one of the poles.

The woman's name is Naomi and was revealed during the press release. She could be in some way related to the Portuguese monitors at the Listening Station, as she appears to be at least European. And she looks (at least to me) a little bit like Henrik.

SPOILERS!!!

I don't know if TSA mentioned this but The Brig looks set to be a Locke-Centric episode. The synop. on Lostpedia says:

A newly focused Locke breaks away from "The Others" in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to help rid them of a great nemesis that has caused nothing but pain in both of their lives. Meanwhile, a new island inhabitant discloses some shocking information about Oceanic Flight 815.

I take this to mean Locke's 'father', who may be the original Sawyer. Think about it: a nemesis who ruined both their lives... he took Locke's kidney and crippled him, and he killed James' mum and the latter spent his life after him.
And I wonder what Naomi has to say about the flight? Perhaps she know's it was Desmond's fault it crashed, or that someone off Island (Jacob?) wanted it to crash?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Glad Sawyer got laid by the hottest woman on the Island...

Um, no... while Super Kate is hot, the hottest woman on the island is Claire.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes, helicopters are not suited for long range travel. This means one of two things. One, there is a large ship off shore somewhere that it came from. Two, it was traveling along from land and got caught in the same "space time rip" that the island may, or may not, exist in and crashed.

I think the woman being part of the hostiles is an interesting idea. Remember who Penny's father is, Charles Windmore, head of the Windmore corporation, who has made everything from all the pregnancy tests used on the show to the hot air ballon that Henry Gale crashed to the island on.

From the book Bad Twin we know that Windmore has joint investments with Hanso Foundation and the two were involved in "alleged environmental violations in obscure corners of the world." If I were Charles Windmore, and my daughter was about to track down her long lost love who just happens to be in one of these "obscure corners of the world" I might to whatever I can to prevent that, even if that means killing everyone.

This would coincide with the theme from this episodes trailer "is it salvation, or annihilation" and help with the hint that there is bad news coming from the helicopter chick. Either way, Windmore money is being used here, whether by Penny or Charles, and we all know that they have near limitless resources at their disposal.

Windmore is connected to DHARMA, and I think Penny figured this out. Which is why she had people looking for an "anomaly" which would give her the location of the island. I don't think Penny knows what DHARMA is, or how Windmore is connected, or what DHARMA is doing, but I have a felling she's figured out that something bad is going to go down, and this is the news we'll get next episode.

More on my next LOST podcast.

OMG, MATTHEW FOX IS TEH RACER-X! FOX FTW!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Do you think Charlie is gonna die?

either him or claire...

And was the girl left for Desmond a Decoy?
Maybe they wanted to get Desmond out of the way and focused on something important to him. If so, the losties are in trouble.

i don't think she is a decoy...

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to aviation but helicopters aren't suited for long range travel. Is that right?

Perhaps the helicopter is from the island and the new character is a plant.

again, i don't think she is with ben or anything...

but it is very interesting that she was able to find the island...

this sounds good to me...

Makes me wonder that when they do die, did they reach their potential. Just speculating here. Did Boone reach his? How about Dynamite Alt?

yes, characters seem to die after they reach their potential...

boone was finally able to let go of his protectiveness of shannon, shannon was able to find true love (in sayid), dynamite artz was able to help the losties with his knowledge of dynamite and of monsoon seasons, ana lucia was able to feel sorry for her killings of that man (in her flashback) and of shannon, eko was able to state that he did things in life that he needed to, etc...

Originally posted by William One Sac
She probably is a hostile though, it would just fit with all of the plot twists that the show takes.

i hope not...

Instead of going with the murder of Charlie to get to Penny, he took the moral road to change it. Interesting.

i don't think that desmond saving charlie changed the fact that naomi, the woman that was in the helicopter, was the one in the suit...

either way (whether he saved charlie or not) would have had the same result: naomi coming to the island (in my opinion)...

Originally posted by Umbrax
It seems that Brother Campbell is more significant that it first appears. The guys at Lostipedia noticed a picture on his desk of Brother Campbell with Ms. Hawking.

yupp...

Sure, Des has saved Charlie at least two times before.

four times, as of last night's episode...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I don't know if TSA mentioned this but The Brig looks set to be a Locke-Centric episode.

i don't usually read the synopsis of the episodes, but that was a good read...

I take this to mean Locke's 'father', who may be the original Sawyer. Think about it: a nemesis who ruined both their lives... he took Locke's kidney and crippled him, and he killed James' mum and the latter spent his life after him.
And I wonder what Naomi has to say about the flight? Perhaps she know's it was Desmond's fault it crashed, or that someone off Island (Jacob?) wanted it to crash?

nice stuff here...

i wonder why locke needs sawyer, though...

locke could have killed his father when ben presented him with the opportunity to do so...

maybe locke wants sawyer to kill him so he doesn't get in trouble...

and, yes, what could naomi say about the flight???

that it was not an ordinary flight (some people were supposed to be on the plane)???

Originally posted by The Big O
Windmore is connected to DHARMA, and I think Penny figured this out. Which is why she had people looking for an "anomaly" which would give her the location of the island. I don't think Penny knows what DHARMA is, or how Windmore is connected, or what DHARMA is doing, but I have a felling she's figured out that something bad is going to go down, and this is the news we'll get next episode.

great stuff here...

i have theorized about this in the past...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
here you all go:

trailer for the next episode: linky...

3x17: Ardil-22...

3x17: Backpack Items...

3x17: Clock Lady Returns!...

Originally posted by The Big O
OMG, MATTHEW FOX IS TEH RACER-X! FOX FTW!

yup:

Racer X gets Lost...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i just got the answer for you:

"requiem for a dream"...

Thanks for that!

*spoilers*

It's obvious now that Sun is going to have to choose to have an abortion or not. From the previews of the next episode, it's apparent that she will either die and let her child live, or let her child die so she can live. I kind of wish the producers didn't show that clip, since it gives away too much info, like how she's going to get kidnapped by Juliet and have to die.

Also, Desmond stated that if anything in his vision were changed in real life (like how he saved Charlie, instead of letting him die), it might change the outcome. Could is possibly be that by some strange twist of fate, that by him saving Charlie, fate changed and the pilot who was intended to be Penelope turned out to be that other lady?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Thanks for that!

no problem-o...

It's obvious now that Sun is going to have to choose to have an abortion or not.

i think that sun is way too important (for ben's group) to simply kill off...

i am sure juliet still desires to find a cure for the birth problem, as she still desires to get off the island...

i wonder why they travel to the staff station, though...

its empty...

Could is possibly be that by some strange twist of fate, that by him saving Charlie, fate changed and the pilot who was intended to be Penelope turned out to be that other lady?

i don't think so (but, i guess, anything is possible at this point)...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
New "The Big O's LOST Podcast" is now up and running.

Click here to listen.

I'd have posted it last night but I had problems with the website. Not sure if it was just me or if it was the website.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
FYI, if anyone is curious as to the song used during the recent episode trailers for LOST here you go:

Title: Zoo York
Album: Bunka
Artists: Paul Oakenfold

I've actually had this song for a while and not realized it. The Bunka album has had several of its songs used in commercials (such as Starry Eyed Surprise, and Ready Steady Go for Saab). Zoo York was recently featured in some ads for Infiniti or Nissan, can't remember which (not that it matters since they're the same company).

I'm a big Oakenfold fan, and his music is nearly all electronic. However, don't let that phase you if you want to check him out...he's one of the best there is in his field, and has some great stuff that branches into jazz, reggae, trance, dance, and rock.

Holla.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
But who's the pilot?

There should be a locator beacon, but will it work with all the crazy magnetism.

I'm not saying they should only have hot chicks for rates. I'm saying that its starting to
me off that they have killed off all of the hot ones.

The Sied's Blonde, Hurley's girl, The senorita, The Diamond Blond. Kill off some guys...wait don't kill ben until we get a flashback. But

I think we need a Cruise ship that's off course and blows up and washes 10 to 20 people on shore. We need a few Ensign number 12's for the landing party if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is the magnetic pulse still present on the island? Since the generator was destroyed, what could have caused the helicopter to go down? It couldn't have been the same thing as what brought the airplane down.

Could the island have a ultrasonic mechanism, similar to the one protecting the Other's village, shielding the atmosphere in a dome like shield?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Is the magnetic pulse still present on the island?

We don't know. None of the losties have much as far as radio equipment.

Since the generator was destroyed, what could have caused the helicopter to go down?

The event at the hatch may have caused some new problem. The others have consistently complained communication has been "crappy" since the event.

It couldn't have been the same thing as what brought the airplane down.

We don't know for sure the hatch event with Desmond was 100% responsible for taking the plane down.

Could the island have a ultrasonic mechanism, similar to the one protecting the Other's village, shielding the atmosphere in a dome like shield?

I think that's a good possibility, or some other form of countermeasure. You don't send your captains into unknown territory, you send the grunts, and that's just what Penelope did in this case. Or so I think.

I don't think she, or her team, have any idea what to expect on the island. Her father on the other hand...

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join