It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Oh. I thought it was up to 6.

Dammit! Azureus, start your engines!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Oh. I thought it was up to 6.

episode 6 was the last episode before the three month hiatus...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
CRACKPOT THEORY:

Okay, get this...so, the "Others" village is abandoned.

What if, get this, this whole gas thing is a con. The whole idea at this point is to bring in all of the Losties, or as many as possible, under "Others" control because they've been able to figure something out, the "Others" I mean. There is something they've uncovered and they need to bring in the Losties, possibly for their own good.

So, this con is for Juliet to make it know at the beach that there are all these houses just sitting there, waiting to be lived in, plus the gates will protect them from the Monster. There's an argument, but most agree that the way to go is to move into the "abandoned" "Others" village. Sure enough, everyone makes it in, and then BAM, the others come up from the underground bunkers and take control.

Can anyone say season clifhanger ending?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Can anyone say season clifhanger ending?

not for this plot...

the losties can easily force juliet to tell them the code to the sonic fence (so, thus, they would not be trapped anymore if they desired to live in othersville)...

i wonder if juliet desires to steal aaron...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"smokey" as cerberus:

linky...

interesting reading:

the blast door map revisited (part 1)...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Interesting. There was an image of smokey I saw a few weeks back, where I could have sworn it looked like a wolf or dogs face.

Something interesting I just read on wiki is "The May 26 2006 official Lost podcast claimed that viewers have seen the monster after "The 23rd Psalm" without realizing they were looking at it."

Anyone know what they're talking about?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I heard that too, and I watched every episode afterward many times. The only conclusion I came too is that it was there as Yemi in '?', and that was after seeing Yemi appear suddenly before the Monster killed Eko.

And the idea Cerberus is the Monster has been around since the Blast Map, but its one that may actually be true. Cerberus was a guard dog, and it seems the Monster is guarding something too...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Something interesting I just read on wiki is "The May 26 2006 official Lost podcast claimed that viewers have seen the monster after "The 23rd Psalm" without realizing they were looking at it."

Anyone know what they're talking about?

i heard that too...

well, the version i heard said that viewers have seen the monster somewhere in season two without realizing it...

yemi being a form of smokey was pretty obvious (well, to me anyway)...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I heard that too, and I watched every episode afterward many times. The only conclusion I came too is that it was there as Yemi in '?', and that was after seeing Yemi appear suddenly before the Monster killed Eko.

that's the impression i got...

And the idea Cerberus is the Monster has been around since the Blast Map, but its one that may actually be true. Cerberus was a guard dog, and it seems the Monster is guarding something too...

i know that its been around for a while...

remember, danielle mentioned that the monster was a security system and its purpose was to protect the island (way back in season one)...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
the losties can easily force juliet to tell them the code to the sonic fence (so, thus, they would not be trapped anymore if they desired to live in othersville)...

Of course, Juliet may willingly give that to them. The Losties move in. Others ambush them. Then simply change the code on the walls.

I mean, I would ASSUME that something that technically advanced has the ability to have it's password reset.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

remember, danielle mentioned that the monster was a security system and its purpose was to protect the island (way back in season one)...

That's because she's a member of the actual "Insurgents" that the DHARMA video in the flame hatch was referring to.

And they were well aware of DHARMA's countermeasures on the island.

That's me theory at least.

To much about Danielle doesn't add up. Like, how she did NOT hear or see the plane crashing into the island.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I mean, I would ASSUME that something that technically advanced has the ability to have it's password reset.

true...

That's because she's a member of the actual "Insurgents" that the DHARMA video in the flame hatch was referring to.

And they were well aware of DHARMA's countermeasures on the island.

That's me theory at least.

you and i think along the same lines...

i am looking forward to the next podcast from you

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to have to record it on the road while driving tomorrow. So, it might be pretty funny.

I've got a bunch of theories to talk about.

Also, if anyone hasn't checked it out, you guys should listen to JayandJack.com's LOST podcast.

It's a young guy and his step dad and they do two weekly podcasts. The production quality is top notch and they have a voice mail box you can call into and they air the calls on the podcasts.

I've been on a few times. I call in as John Doe #3, from Parts Unknown.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If I had the option of A living in houses surrounded by a fence that keeps the black smoke monster out versus living in the sand on a beach I chose a house. Why don't they just go back there a live???

The others have obviously abandoned the site for a better village to live at. Maybe they are on a new secret island, or a Bond like supervillan underwater lab, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well the Monster hasn't really attacked anyone on the beach. It only gets active when people are in the Jungle, possibly because the jungle forms the perimeter of whatever it protects.

And I think Juliett is a goodie now, at least as far as Jack is concerned. I get the feeling that she has genuine feelings for Jack, and its becoming obvious Jack has feelings for her. I gotta wait til tomorrow and a torrent comes up before I watch tonight's eppy...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Could it be protecting one of the hatches? I'm thinking that someone from Dharma, maybe their true leader, is hiding in one of the hatches, and uses the creature to protect him from the hostiles. Since the creature can dictate who's good and bad, it can weed out the bad people who would kill the leader, while the good guys are safe.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, I'm going to have to record it on the road while driving tomorrow. So, it might be pretty funny.

should be fun...

Also, if anyone hasn't checked it out, you guys should listen to JayandJack.com's LOST podcast.

do they discuss spoilers???

the only reason that i don't listen to the official podcasts is because they usually contain spoilers...

Originally posted by Royal76
The others have obviously abandoned the site for a better village to live at. Maybe they are on a new secret island, or a Bond like supervillan underwater lab, etc.

or underground...

but, again, the island is huge so, yes, they could have another village somewhere...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Well the Monster hasn't really attacked anyone on the beach. It only gets active when people are in the Jungle, possibly because the jungle forms the perimeter of whatever it protects.

the monster resides in the "dark territory"...

And I think Juliett is a goodie now, at least as far as Jack is concerned. I get the feeling that she has genuine feelings for Jack, and its becoming obvious Jack has feelings for her.

i can see why she may be a "goodie" (as she was betrayed by ben)...

but there has been speculation that juliet is there to enter into the lostie population to get information and even to steal aaron...

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Could it be protecting one of the hatches?

i think it is protecting everything that is dharma's on the island...

or maybe it is protecting the actual island (and, with this mindset, the monster was there before dharma got there)...

i don't know which of the two are more fun to believe in though...

[edit on 11-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

I wouldn't say, given their track record, that's as obvious as you stated.

The others have proven to be very cunning and manipulative. It is just as likely that this is nothing but another of their cons.

While it's probably safe to assume that they have additional resources that we are not aware of (more bunkers, tunnels, supplies, etc), it is not a safe bet by any means they would just up and leave what has been their home for, what appears at least, to have been their home for the past several months.

It is also likely, or possible, that they are just back at the Hydra camp.

Either way, they are up to something, and I think Juliet holds the key as to just what that something is.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It is also likely, or possible, that they are just back at the Hydra camp.

i don't think that they are there...

juliet stated that they don't like living there...

and i doubt that the hydra island can hold that many people (sayid mentioned 50 at least)...

i wonder if danielle knows where the others are now???

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

juliet stated that they don't like living there...

Yes, and Juliet doesn't exactly have a great track record of being honest.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

do they discuss spoilers???

No....the Wednesday night show/Thursday morning show goes over what we saw and they discuss what all of it can mean, how it adds to what we may have seen in othereposides, easter eggs they noticed, and other such stuff in the first half of the show. The second half are fan phone calls, and chit chat about what the fans bring up.

The Sunday/Monday shows sometimes have what can be considered "spoilers" but only in the loosest sense of the word. Jay and Jack don't like being spoiled, and like to avoid getting direct into about stuff, but they do go over "news" like shooting locations in Hawaii, episode title stuff, things like that.

In addition, they have an enhanced m4a version for Quicktime or iTunes and that always put a chapter break whenever they get into what might be considered a "spoiler" so you can just skip ahead to when they stop talking about it.

Check out the last two episodes they did...starting with the Wednesday night show and get a feel for them.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join