It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
is anyone else interested in what will become of the others???

i certainly am...

will some of them be angered that they cannot leave the island???

hopefully, the next episode will address this issue...

i am fascinated that the others have a hierarchy, of sorts, and that the top others know more than the rest of them...

i thought the others had everything figured out and i thought that they were, sort of, perfect...

but evidence points to the contrary...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I want more of "the others" flashbacks. hopefully there will be more.

I am tired of the whole jack/cate story, they are really draging it too much. :bnghd: they've been on that island for a couple of months only and jack/cate love story has taken epic proportions. i do not like it.
i hope the next episode has some mystery in it or monsters, i really dont want to see only soap-like "omg, you broke his heart" stuff. got plenty of that on desperate housewives

Ben probably has some kind of plan regarding The Others, it could be that the submarine is not the only way of the island. maybe he said all that to fool Locke.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would like to see Jin's reaction after finding out Charlie and Sawyer attacked his wife.

Jin easily threw a man across the room, in one of his flashbacks, so Charlie wouldn't stand a chance, but maybe he and Sawyer would be at good drawn out fight.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I would like to see Jin's reaction after finding out Charlie and Sawyer attacked his wife.

Jin easily threw a man across the room, in one of his flashbacks, so Charlie wouldn't stand a chance, but maybe he and Sawyer would be at good drawn out fight.

Jin would punch them both in the throat.

End Game.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
I want more of "the others" flashbacks. hopefully there will be more.

hell yeah...

this season is focusing on the others...

and what better way to do that than with other-centric episodes...

I am tired of the whole jack/cate story, they are really draging it too much. :bnghd: they've been on that island for a couple of months only and jack/cate love story has taken epic proportions. i do not like it.
i hope the next episode has some mystery in it or monsters, i really dont want to see only soap-like "omg, you broke his heart" stuff. got plenty of that on desperate housewives

well, this season will have more romance supposedly...

for me, it hasn't been too bad (but i can see where you are coming from)...

Ben probably has some kind of plan regarding The Others, it could be that the submarine is not the only way of the island. maybe he said all that to fool Locke.

the others do still have desmond's boat...

if a submarine can get one off the island, i can't see why a boat can't (all it has to do is follow the heading ben gave michael in the season two finale)...

Originally posted by DJMessiah

i wouldn't like that too much...

i like the fact that the losties are working relatively peaceful as of now...

Originally posted by John Nada
Jin would punch them both in the throat.

End Game.

i don't know...

i think my money would be on sawyer...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
LOST's Matthew Fox Quitting?...

It has been rumored for sometime and now it has been confirmed directly from the source: Matthew Fox of LOST is trying to quit. The star, who has shot to mega hunk status since appearing on the quirky island drama, has gone public with his desire to quit... smoking that is. (And it's not even April first yet, right?) Snippets about Fox's inability to kick the cigs have been circulating for a couple of days now, just waiting for someone like me to exploit into a cheekily misleading LOST headline. But seriously, Matthew Fox, LOST, smoking? These just don't go together for me mentally. As an Ex-Smoker myself though, I figured I'd jump in and lend a hand with some of my own quit smoking tips, just for you Foxy.

yes, calm down, it's just an april fools' joke of sorts (the title is a bit misleading)...

i must admit, i was scared when i read this :shk:

[edit on 1-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
there is so much more to 'lost' than just the television show itself...

as lostpedia says, there is an entire "expanded universe" outside of the show...

for example, there are action figures that feature some of our favorite characters and scenes from the show...

there are also novels that may go hand-in-hand with the show, such as 'signs of life,' 'endangered species,' 'secret identity' and 'bad twin' (which was part of the lost experience)...

in addition to all of this, there are also jigsaw puzzles that, when completed, will enlighten one to some additional secrets...

there is also an official magazine that is sure to please any 'lost' fan, a video game in the works, a mobile game, a board game, trading cards (from season one and season two) and even apollo candy bars...

for more information on these topic and more, please see the expanded universe at lostpedia.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to the videogame, but considering it is released in May (2 months) and we've seen absolutely nothing of it I'm getting kinda worried...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"Some Spoilers Maybe"

Hi, I have seen every episode up until the one I just watched, ( The one with Nikki And Paoulo, were they don't actually die
Anyway After I watched this I thought "thats just off" "something not right here, their just gonna bury these people and leave them" this got me thinking that the losties are losing it alittle.
Now the Others are kinda scientists, what if this is all one big experiment to see how people will cope on dry arid lands with barely any water.
Now your asking "whats the point in that?" wellyou know that when it does finish, it's gonna be big (storywise). The point of this experiment could be to "Restart life", "Begin again", destroy the world (not nukes, but explosives strong enough to take out cities at a time or something, all going off together). or maybe their EMP thing could take out all the power EVERYWHERE and just fry everything we own!!!

Now they have to make sure there are enough survivors and maybe this could explain why the others seem to be collecting people.

But this all came to mind when I saw the Losties bury people alive, They are not in touch with whats going on around them.

Slight plot hole maybe: Why hasn't anyone else been biten by those hundreds of spiders that seem to be evrywhere. If their able to come to the female that quicky so they must have been very close and there were alot of them...

[edit on 2-4-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I'm looking forward to the videogame, but considering it is released in May (2 months) and we've seen absolutely nothing of it I'm getting kinda worried...

i was worried about the fact that the writers aren't writing it

Originally posted by chris01621
But this all came to mind when I saw the Losties bury people alive, They are not in touch with whats going on around them.

the losties had no idea that they were alive (well, maybe vincent, the dog, knew, as he removed the blanket that was covering the bodies)...

it was a grave mistake...

Slight plot hole maybe: Why hasn't anyone else been biten by those hundreds of spiders that seem to be evrywhere. If their able to come to the female that quicky so they must have been very close and there were alot of them...

my suspicion is that those spiders were the smoke monster...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As TSA said, the Losties didn't know Nik and Paulo were alive, so they were just burying corpses. And by the time they could move again... there was at least 6 foot of sand on top of them.

And the Monster was present when the spider's came (either it was the spiders or it had something to do with them) because you hear the chittering sound it makes before it arrives.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok all that aside, I still kinda think it might be something to do with restarting life all together somehow, I don't think it will be too paranormal and we gotta get something big at the very end, what's bigger than that???

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Ok all that aside, I still kinda think it might be something to do with restarting life all together somehow, I don't think it will be too paranormal and we gotta get something big at the very end, what's bigger than that???

that is a part of 'lost'...

the losties, in a way, have a second chance at life during their time on the island...

jack could have been whoever he wanted to (for example, he didn't have to be the leader)...

this applies to all of the losties...

it is interesting to note that the losties seem to either learn from their mistakes from their pre-island lives or seem to repeat those mistakes...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
And from what we know of DHARMA, Hanso and Mittlewerk, the Island seems to be a place to test something. A virus by all appearances.

My theory on this is that the Hanso Found. (after Valenzetti etc) were working on a way to change one of the 'numbers' that are part of the equation on how long humanity would last (the same numbers that appear on the show). Whatever they did failed and the Others drove them away.

The Others are also people who were enlisted. After ousting Hanso, Mittlewerk sent in his cronies who (I really believe) are the Others. They got rid of whatever was left of DHARMA or converted the rest and began implementing Mittlewerk's 'cure' upon the natives (the builders of the statue). This 'cure' was a virus (the sickness) and was designed to only target an evil gene which only evil people would have.
That would explain why no one has actually gotten sick from the 'Sickness' which everyone is obsessed with. No one on the Island is actually evil - EVEN Sawyer (as much as he tries to be).
Perhaps Mittlewerk is the mysterious 'Him' we hear referred to, and we all remember Tom quoting Hanso ("Since the dawn of time" etc), and as it happens there is a Jacob mentioned on the Hanso board of directors, possibly an underling to Mittle...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The video game, like most TV and Movie adaptations, will suck.

Unless they do a MYST like game where someone finds the island after everyone is gone and has to piece things together, I just don't see it going anywhere.

While Ubisoft can put out some great games (like the Clancy games) they can put out some horrible stuff too (GT Pro Series on the Wii).

You can give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm a betting man, and I'm betting with the odds on this one and the odds say that TV properties make bad games.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I dunno... I'm a huge fan of Ubisoft. They have made some absolute CRACKERS!

I mean if its a physical adventure game, they can make it like PoP. If its a stealthy game, Splinter Cell.

I haven't not liked any Ubi game. The nearest I came to was with TMNT, but even with the crappy enemy AI and short story, there is something endearing about seeing the Ninja Turtles actually playing like Ninjas.

Plus its LOST which means it'll be good anyway! Especially if they have the real actors voicing... and if it means I can ogle a virtual Kate or a virtual Juliett (I think she's incredibly hot!).

I think it'll be great.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
The video game, like most TV and Movie adaptations, will suck.

Director of licensing Pascal Bonnet has suggested that the game could take place with new characters that are not as yet featured in the show, much like the "Enter The Matrix" game, but that characters could make the transition from game to screen

BuddyTV: About the video game that…is doing. Are you guys involved in the plot of that at all, will that be a self-contained story like the Lost Experience?

Carlton Cuse: It is going to be self-contained although it will obviously take place and be set in environments that we’ve seen on the show. We’re involved in sort of an overview fashion, we’re not writing the game. The game, however, is being in part written by Dawn Kelly who used to work; both as a writer's assistant and wrote an episode on the show. So we obviously are involved in monitoring and progress and the development of the game but they’re writing their own self-contained story that isn’t an extension of canon.

Damon Lindelof: We pitched them a concept for the game and they’re basically going to run with it but I think much in the same way that the Star Wars first person shooter games worked, where even you’re new characters exploring similar environments in the movies that you already know. So you’re on the Death Star but you’re not Luke Skywalker or Obi Wan Kenobi. It’s going to function in the same reality as that. So if you’re watching the show you’re not going to go, “Oh wait a minute, was this going on because I was playing the game? I was in this environment playing the role of this character.” The answer is no. It’s more sort of a fun way of re-exploring some of the things that you’ve already seen in the show but from a different point of view.

Carlton Cuse: I will say this, we provided the game makers with details of our sets and stuff so you may see in the game more things in sets that we only saw parts of in the show, like the Hydra or even the Swan.

seems good to me (although, it would have been cool to play as the characters we know from the show)

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I tried to enjoy lost, but got fed up at episode 3 of season 2... I think it's the fact that I couldn't bear waiting another 5 seasons to find out what the hell is going on... I'm all up for a bit of mystery in a show but these guys are really pushing it.

That being said, i'd rather channel 4 showed LOST than Desperate Housewives *sob*

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
I tried to enjoy lost, but got fed up at episode 3 of season 2... I think it's the fact that I couldn't bear waiting another 5 seasons to find out what the hell is going on... I'm all up for a bit of mystery in a show but these guys are really pushing it.

it's all part of the story...

should the mystery have been revealed in one season???

no, the story wouldn't allow for this...

season one was all about the survivors and them coping with the island and its mysteries...

season two was all about the swan hatch (and other hatches were also introduced) and the others...

season three is dedicated to the others...

anyway, i thought tonight's episode was alright...

i missed the first fifteen minutes of it because i had to drive my girlfriend to carvel to get some milkshakes (but i called my brother to find out what i missed)...

we did find out that the smoke monster doesn't like the other's fence (so that was a nice bit of information)...

and did the smoke monster read juliet's mind / thoughts (i think it did)???

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
That being said, i'd rather channel 4 showed LOST than Desperate Housewives *sob*

Me too.... stupid Virgin Media taking over ntl and scaring Sky away....

Thank god for t'internet!

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join