It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
But who's the pilot?

we don't know...

maybe someone from penelope's group...

There should be a locator beacon, but will it work with all the crazy magnetism.

the satellite phone that the pilot had had service but it went dead...

We need a few Ensign number 12's for the landing party if you know what I mean.

what do you mean???

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Is the magnetic pulse still present on the island? Since the generator was destroyed, what could have caused the helicopter to go down? It couldn't have been the same thing as what brought the airplane down.

maybe it was just some random break down...

Could the island have a ultrasonic mechanism, similar to the one protecting the Other's village, shielding the atmosphere in a dome like shield?

if this were the case, many more planes and the like would crash...

Originally posted by The Big O
We don't know for sure the hatch event with Desmond was 100% responsible for taking the plane down.

i am sure it was...

You don't send your captains into unknown territory, you send the grunts, and that's just what Penelope did in this case. Or so I think.

this seems good...

I don't think she, or her team, have any idea what to expect on the island. Her father on the other hand...

her father has his hands dirty in all of this...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

New "The Big O's LOST Podcast" is now up and running.

nice stuff

i really hope that the finale isn't jack centric...

but, on imdb.com, it says that (spoiler-ish) sarah, jack's wife, will be in the episode...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
but, on imdb.com, it says that (spoiler-ish) sarah, jack's wife, will be in the episode...

Julie Bowen! Yuuuuummy!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

anyway, is mikhail still alive:

linky...

it seems like he is...

lostpedia is reporting that (spoiler-ish) mikhail will be in the next episode ('d.o.c.')...

EDIT:

linky...

[edit on 22-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was just thinking something. If you suddenly woke up to be on the island, with no explanation as to how you got there, what would you tell everyone about their lives?

[edit on 22-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

it seems like he is...

lostpedia is reporting that (spoiler-ish) mikhail will be in the next episode ('d.o.c.')...

Could be part of a flashback though.

Although I did see the picture of the arm of a guy holding a spear that stabs at Jin, and sure enough it was the same cuff as Mikhail.

I'm hoping that is a wardrobe coincidence.

Unless, Mikhail is the "unlikely nemesis [Desmond lets] help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant." Could explain a lot.

We now know what D.O.C. stands for. Date of Conception.

Can't wait!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I was just thinking something. If you suddenly woke up to be on the island, with no explanation as to how you got there, what would you tell everyone about their lives?

[edit on 22-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

are you asking if i would divulge information about myself on the very first encounter???

probably not...

Unless, Mikhail is the "unlikely nemesis [Desmond lets] help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant." Could explain a lot.

that's what i was thinking...

We now know what D.O.C. stands for. Date of Conception.

where did you hear that???

EDIT:

never mind, i know where you got that from...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

where did you hear that???

Read it on the link you provided for D.O.C.

Now seeing how the episode looks to be lined up, the title makes perfect sense.

I have a BIG feeling that we're going to start getting deep into the rabbit hole with this next episode, and down to the nitty gritty on why the "birth" problems on the island will have some sort of significant impact on the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Read it on the link you provided for D.O.C.

i see that now (see my edit)...

i guess that part was added after i posted that link...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

i guess that part was added after i posted that link...

Thus is the risk you run when linking to an reference anyone can edit.

Seriously, I love how they've got all the breaking news on there as soon as it gets out. I figure one of the producers said something on the Official LOST podcast or something.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ooooh, I'm listening to the Official LOST podcast right now, and sure enough they say that DOC means Date of Conception.

However, the big news is that Damon Lindelof says that we will find out what the wire they found on the beach is.

Also, we're supposed to get the official word on who Sun's baby is this week.

Damon confirmed Ben was NOT conceived in a test tube, and was conceived by human parents. They didn't intend to imply otherwise.

Anyway, I think I'm going to start listening to this podcast before I do my own. There's a lot of good stuff that comes out of it and I think it will add to my stuff.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Anyway, I think I'm going to start listening to this podcast before I do my own. There's a lot of good stuff that comes out of it and I think it will add to my stuff.

there could be some spoilers in there...

be careful

i actually read (for the first time) the transcripts for the last two podcasts and, i must say, it was a good read...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Official Podcast isn't too spoilerish. They mainly just vaguely confirm and deny stuff.
Although the last one had a major spoiler in it...

SPOILER

Jacob is not Billy-Dee Williams!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
But man, it would have been sweeeeet if he was.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I know what you mean. I actually cried a little when I read it lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
just an early reminder:

"Through the Looking Glass" will be the 22nd episode and season finale of Season 3 of Lost, and is scheduled to be broadcast on May 23, 2007. This will be a two hour episode and will begin airing at 9/8c in the United States.

here is my prediction for the rest of the season:

- 'catch-22' - desmond...
- 'd.o.c.' - jin / sun...
- 'the brig' - sawyer (based on the preview)...
- 'the man behind the curtain' - jack (i might have read a spoiler by accident that proves this)...
- 'greatest hits' - charlie (again, i might have read a spoiler by accident that proves this)...
- 'through the looking glass' - benjamin (i really hope this is the plan)...

will it be the above or:

- 'the brig' - locke (based on the preview)...
- 'the man behind the curtain' - benjamin...
- 'greatest hits' - charlie...
- 'through the looking glass' - jack...

any thoughts???

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

- 'the brig' - locke (based on the preview)...
- 'the man behind the curtain' - benjamin...
- 'greatest hits' - charlie...
- 'through the looking glass' - jack...

I'm going with the above.

I expect to get the low down on just who Ben really is, and what his story is. It is really needed to flesh out what is easily the most complex character on the show.

However, I think through the looking glass will be a combo Jack/Juliet flashback.

Also, I expect to see some sort of explanation as to the connection Desmond and Charlie have. I just get this feeling the two of them have something neither of them is aware of yet. I think Charlie is going to be able to piece it together. He's smarter than people give him credit for.

Either way, I was planning on doing this very topid in my next LOST Podcast...baring and ground breaking events that happen this weak that tear open the expected path we're sort of starting to feel out.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Could it be possible that the Island is in a place isolated from the real world not by time, obviously, (the news shows) but by space? And everything that is happening there is just a precursor to what is going to happen in the 'real world'? Possibly the weird stuff started happening in what, the '60's? So DHARMA was created to find out what was happening, and since then the space between the Island and the real world has increased, until it is pretty much impossible to deliberately get to the Island without all sorts of beacons and such. And soon enough it will be very hard to get off the island.

Doing all these science experiments on the Island saves time before whatever is effecting the island starts to effect the real world. For instance, there is a station that deals specifically with testing animals, and another that only deals with testing humans (the Pearl).

Also, I don't think people appreciate how important the Swan station was.

But I would like to clear one thing up. What is going on between the Others and DHARMA???? It's like the Others are the reminants of old DHARMA teams, continuing the project to literally save this planet, and perhaps more than simply this world we live on. Everything I read treats DHARMA and the Others as different groups, but why? Who's to say all the Purge stuff wasn't just made up, or based on some loose truth?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
we have a hell of a lineup for 'the brig:'

M.C. Gainey - Mr. Friendly/Tom
Kevin Tighe - Anthony Cooper
Mira Furlan - Danielle Rousseau
Nestor Carbonell - Richard Alpert
Kimberly Joseph - Cindy
Marsha Thomason - Naomi

and for 'the man behind the curtain:'

Tania Raymonde - Alex
Andrew Divoff - Mikhail
Nestor Carbonell - Richard Alpert
Marsha Thomason - Naomi
Sterling Beaumon - Young Ben
Jon Gries - Roger Linus

i guess this episode really will be benjamin centric...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sterling Beaumon - Young Ben

Young Ben! Man! This is going to be a hard core flashback, like, old school flashback, like back to his youth type of flashback.

SPOILERS>>>>>

If you don't want to know what Young Ben looks like don't click here or here.

Enjoy.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by The Big O]

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join