It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
But like all of you I still am stumped as to what in the name of Lucifer the black prince is going on on the Island that DHARMA built

let me take a brief stab at it:

- hanso picks this special island for dharma to work on...

- dharma has several projects running on this island...

- this incident happens and everything goes to hell...

- swan stations new goal (the numbers) is started...

- dharma's projects stop (some of them at least)...

- our others are a leftover of the original dharma scientists / they are connected to them in some way...

- our plan crashes...

the rest is history

again, i was bored, so this list is pretty bad...

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
at one point i remember the producers saying that no one was too important to kill off..

although i think by that they meant people like boone, shannon, etc.

is it at all possible to lose sawyer, jack or kate from the show?

personally i think kate is the most likely to be killed off, if any of them were..

lost wouldn't be the same without sawyer's witty comments. and jack is pretty much the most main character of lost..

3 more episodes till the break, i hope they answer a few more things

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
really???

they should have put locke on the list then instead of jack / sawyer / kate / hurley

i believe that ben's task to was make locke loose faith in the button himself (that's why ben said he didn't push the button when lock was trapped under the blast door)...

ben was playing some major mind games with locke and him saying that he was coming for locke was part of it, and a lie...

ben doesn't want locke, in my opinion...

if they did, they would have had him in the last few episodes of season two...

ahhh...but they don't want to capture Locke, they want him to come to them.

Ben could've left Locke trapped under the door after he pushed the button if he weren't important, but he actually stayed to be tortured more just so he could save him.

Yes, he did play mind games with Locke to test his faith, and as a result of that Locke's faith is stronger than ever. Now more than ever he is ready to be an Other.

Locke answers to the island itself. Either The Others are the voice of the island or they also answer to it. Either way they are going to come together in harmony as they believe in the same thing.

They took Jack, Sawyer and Kate because they are the three the losties most depend on (other than Locke that is). This again is to make Locke rise to the challenge of returning them where they are needed, and going over to The Others in the process.

That's my opinion anyway, Locke is my favourite character so I have to believe he's the main dude in The Others eyes as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Love LOST, but it drives me nuts with all the unknowns and questions. For example:

- How come Charlie acts so relaxed about the Swan Hatch blowing up. He just barely got out of it when it blew on the season ender. Even in that episode, he seemed unaffected by it. In the beginning of season 3, he still acts so 'ho - hum" about the hatch blowing up.

- With the hatch blown up, does that mean all the supplies and ability to do laundry and the like gone now? Is that what the Others (Ben) wanted, make the losties really have to work to survive now?

- How come Hurley doesn't tell the group back at the beach about Walt and Michael leaving the Island on a boat???

- What's up with Desmond knowing Locke will give a speech before Locke gives the speech? I don't think Desmond is working with the Others or Ben wouldn't have been so surprised about the boat. BUT, if they knew the Losties had left on a raft at the end of season 1, how could they not know that Desmond was floating around the Island???

- How come the Others have no interest in the group from the tail section? Is it because they already took 9 of them including children? Wonder where they are keeping these people?

I didn't like the CGI Polar bear in 3.3. Or, maybe it wasn't suppose to be a Polar bear????

TSA, I caught up on all 12 pages of the thread. Thanks for work in keeping this together!! It's great to read all the comments about this great show.

Muc

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm watching 3.3 again. When I freeze the spot where Locke catches Mr. Ecko's stick falling out of the trees, you can read some of the writing on the tip of the stick.

'Lift your eyes and look North'

John 3:05

Rom 6:12

ACTS 4:12 (not sure if it :12, a little fuzzy - need HD!!)

C or G CN (looks like) 13:14

AND, just above the twine that wraps around the stick you can see the numbers,

4 8 15 16

Not well versed in the Bible, so I will dig mine up and check out those verses.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just a thought, but maybe a few of the "others", like Ben, were bred to be Dharma Scientist. From birth, either through genetics or just good 'ole up-bringing, they were trained and taught to be SME's in whatever field they work in.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
Love LOST, but it drives me nuts with all the unknowns and questions. For example:

- How come Charlie acts so relaxed about the Swan Hatch blowing up. He just barely got out of it when it blew on the season ender. Even in that episode, he seemed unaffected by it. In the beginning of season 3, he still acts so 'ho - hum" about the hatch blowing up.

maybe he is on the drugs again???

maybe he was "enlightened" by the events that went down in the hatch???

no doubt about it though, we will find out why...

- With the hatch blown up, does that mean all the supplies and ability to do laundry and the like gone now? Is that what the Others (Ben) wanted, make the losties really have to work to survive now?

yes, to the first question...

i find it hard to believe that ben just wanted to make it harder for the losties to survive on the island...

he is smart and definitely has a grand plan that is about way more than the losties' survival...

- How come Hurley doesn't tell the group back at the beach about Walt and Michael leaving the Island on a boat???

maybe he will in the future???

he told locke, though...

remember, the losties have extremely bad communication skills with each other...

just look at season one...

- What's up with Desmond knowing Locke will give a speech before Locke gives the speech? I don't think Desmond is working with the Others or Ben wouldn't have been so surprised about the boat. BUT, if they knew the Losties had left on a raft at the end of season 1, how could they not know that Desmond was floating around the Island???

maybe he knows a bit about the future???

yeah i agree, desmond is not working for ben's group...

i don't think that the others knew about the raft in season one...

recall that tom was surprised that the boat was that far from the island...

it's more likely that the others were sailing around and saw the flare in the night sky...

- How come the Others have no interest in the group from the tail section? Is it because they already took 9 of them including children? Wonder where they are keeping these people?

whose to say they don't???

it's interesting to note that the others took some survivors from the tail section on the first night, while the survivors from the fuselage experienced the monster on the first night...

good question about their whereabouts...

I didn't like the CGI Polar bear in 3.3. Or, maybe it wasn't suppose to be a Polar bear????

the polar bear cgi always sucked...

TSA, I caught up on all 12 pages of the thread. Thanks for work in keeping this together!! It's great to read all the comments about this great show.

no problem...

i am glad you enjoyed this thread...

keep visiting!!!

I'm watching 3.3 again. When I freeze the spot where Locke catches Mr. Ecko's stick falling out of the trees, you can read some of the writing on the tip of the stick.

thanks for sharing!!!

Originally posted by SportyMB
Just a thought, but maybe a few of the "others", like Ben, were bred to be Dharma Scientist. From birth, either through genetics or just good 'ole up-bringing, they were trained and taught to be SME's in whatever field they work in.

i like this but i feel like ben's group is not with dharma anymore...

juliet says (in the first episode) "they called it the hydra"...

notice the use of "they" and "called"...

dharma is dead and ben's group isn't a part of them anymore...

[edit on 22-10-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

i like this but i feel like ben's group is not with dharma anymore...
*snip*
dharma is dead and ben's group isn't a part of them anymore...

I said "were"

I agree, Ben's group, imo, is not officially with Dharma anymore but they I think they are still continuing the work and or the idea of what once was the Dharma Initiative.

Do you really think that Dharma is dead though?

Remember Penny's father rigged the pregnancy test on the plane to all give a postitive result......

There is still Dharma work being done, both on and off the island.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I said "were"

yeah, my argument against yours sucked...

I agree, Ben's group, imo, is not officially with Dharma anymore but they I think they are still continuing the work and or the idea of what once was the Dharma Initiative.

Do you really think that Dharma is dead though?

Remember Penny's father rigged the pregnancy test on the plane to all give a postitive result......

There is still Dharma work being done, both on and off the island.

i think dharma is dead...

who knows right now though...

anyway:

take a look a the canadian preview for the next episode:

linky...

and here is the us version, just in case i didn't link it in here yet:

linky...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Has it already been discussed that The Hanso Foundation owns Oceanic Air

Didn't read all 12 pages.

Oh, and this show is by far the best show on TV and one of the best shows in recent memory.

Season 3 has started out better than any season so far, which is a relief because the beginning of season 2 was "meh" although it picked up towards the end.

[edit on 10-23-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

that is very interesting, i will have to read up on this...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As a side note, has anyone been watching Heroes? The premier was good but the acting was very average, but as the actors/actresses seem to settle into their rolls (and the acting therefore improves), the show has skyrocketed to #2 on my favorite TV shows list. Not a distant 2nd either.

If I had to rate my enjoying a show out of 10:

Lost: 9.8
Heroes: 9.4
House: 9.0
Law and Order SVU: 8.8
Survivor: 8.5

Those are my 5 shows.

Heroes is very twisty like Lost. Lots of great plot twists, lots of interesting questions, lots of interesting character tie ins...

You guys should check it out. Download the first 4 episodes.

[edit on 10-24-2006 by Cutwolf]

[edit on 10-24-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

that is very interesting, i will have to read up on this...

Check the Lost Experience thread. It might have been mentioned there.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

As a side note, has anyone been watching Heroes?

of course...

that is another great show, next to lost of course...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

okay, here the the final version of this list (the last one was messed up):

- Jack (“A Tale of Two Cities”) – October 4th, 2006
- Sun-Jin (“The Glass Ballerina”) – October 11th, 2006
- Locke (“Further Instructions”) – October 18th, 2006
- Sawyer (“Every Man For Himself”) – October 25th, 2006
- Kate – November 1st, 2006
- (“Not In Portland”) – November 8th, 2006
- Hiatus Begins

i am getting the strangest feeling that even this version is a bit messed up...

firstly, i have a feeling that tonight's episode will be an eko episode (and not a sawyer episode) based on what i have read in the tv guide magazine (they didn't say it directly though)...

and secondly, the tv guide magazine says that the november 8th episode is a kate centric episode...

ugh, i guess we will just have to be surprised like everyone else

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
God, I hate The Others.

I just want the Losties to have one episode where they have some sort of victory. Ugh.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WTF?? I thought the Hydra station was ON the Island. Isn't that what is indicated on the blast door map, with regard to a underwater station??

They mentioned the sub was back which would explain how they got on the boat when JIn and Sayid were on shore.

Hmmm, that must mean that the compound they live in, is on the Island. When the Others witnessed the plane breaking up in the sky, Ben sent Ethan and ??? to the two crash locations, telling one of the guys something like "if you run you can make it in an hour." The Hydra station is located elsewhere.

AND, why can't the Losties see the Island that Sawyer was on??

Did you notice that Juliet said she is a Fertility Dr., she hasn't dealt with death before? So those theories about the the Others having immortality might be hittin g the nail on the head. BUT, if she is a Fertility Dr., there must not be much 'fertilizing" going on, you never see kids anywhere.

When Sawyer was coming out of his 'haze' from the needle, people were saying something about the "coms being down." Did something happen that knocked out their communitions with the outside world.

Damn, I'll have to watch the episode again.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Did anyone see the scenes for next weeks show?

I am interested in the opinions of what you people think was in the monitor in the last few seconds of the preview. I think it was a pirate..

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i just watched the episode (i couldn't watch it last night as i had to talk to my girlfriend, ah i love her so much)...

anyway...

God, I hate The Others.

I just want the Losties to have one episode where they have some sort of victory. Ugh.

i can see what you mean...

the others had little "victories," though...

WTF?? I thought the Hydra station was ON the Island. Isn't that what is indicated on the blast door map, with regard to a underwater station??

the hydra isn't on the blast door map...

i don't even think it even mentioned an underwater station...

this was just speculation, i believe...

They mentioned the sub was back which would explain how they got on the boat when JIn and Sayid were on shore.

the others mentioned that a submarine had returned???

i must have missed that...

that would explain how the others can get to and fro the hydra (if it is completely underwater, i believe the "entrance" is above the water though)...

Hmmm, that must mean that the compound they live in, is on the Island. When the Others witnessed the plane breaking up in the sky, Ben sent Ethan and ??? to the two crash locations, telling one of the guys something like "if you run you can make it in an hour." The Hydra station is located elsewhere.

yupp...

the "otherville" is on our island and the hydra is on this smaller island...

maybe the barracks (for dharma employees) is located on this smaller island too...

this would make sense because the pala ferry was used to transport dharma employees to the barracks (as mentioned in the pearl station orientation video)...

AND, why can't the Losties see the Island that Sawyer was on??

the survivors never explored the island in depth...

sayid was smart enough to attempt to go around the perimeter of the island, but he got interrupted by the power cable he found...

recall that danielle's maps mention small islands (i believe she used the word "islets")...

Did you notice that Juliet said she is a Fertility Dr., she hasn't dealt with death before? So those theories about the the Others having immortality might be hittin g the nail on the head. BUT, if she is a Fertility Dr., there must not be much 'fertilizing" going on, you never see kids anywhere.

did you notice that one of those others said to the one holding the needle (in the scene where sawyer is about to get the injection) something like "wait it has to go through the sternum like in the movie"???

and then the other that said this pointed to a different spot where the other one was going stab saywer (he didn't know where the sternum was)...

this is interesting...

although the injection was a con, that other still didn't know where the sternum was located (and he was the one who was to stab sawyer with it)...

it makes me wonder if these guys are a bit ignorant...

When Sawyer was coming out of his 'haze' from the needle, people were saying something about the "coms being down." Did something happen that knocked out their communitions with the outside world.

i think that other said "cole," as in collen, was down...

Damn, I'll have to watch the episode again.

it was a good episode, so that's a good idea...

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Did anyone see the scenes for next weeks show?

I am interested in the opinions of what you people think was in the monitor in the last few seconds of the preview. I think it was a pirate..

good thought...

notice that the man had a patch over his eye...

and remember that the tailes found a glass eye in the chest found in the arrow station...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have to say I'm getting frustrated with this show. It's still a must watch and I'm completely addicted to it, but it's starting to tick me off. I wish they'd start answering questions rather than just keep generating new ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join