It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another great episode and another accurate breakdown by TSA. Another WATS for you

Although the Other did say coms as in Communications. I watched that thrice to make sure!

ALso, I am starting to wonder about Tom. He seems like a proper Other to most of the characters (in that he acts in a way which seems 'bad') but when he speaks to Kate he acts almost like he is trying to make friends with her.

Prolly just me though.

And I am getting more and more interested in Des. What exactly happened to him after the implosion?
And I wonder who among the Other's is having 'neck trouble'????

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are there any prevailing theories about there being another group of Others? Like the shoeless types that were seen walking through the woods on the way back from arrow?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There is at last one other group.
In fact I mentioned it a few pages back (if you had checked...)

[edit on 26/10/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Another great episode and another accurate breakdown by TSA. Another WATS for you

many thanks

Although the Other did say coms as in Communications. I watched that thrice to make sure!

thanks for making sure and correcting me...

ALso, I am starting to wonder about Tom. He seems like a proper Other to most of the characters (in that he acts in a way which seems 'bad') but when he speaks to Kate he acts almost like he is trying to make friends with her.

you are correct in this observation...

tom (and ben) are being extremely nice towards kate (think a nice how shower with soap, new beautiful clothes, a nice breakfast with a view, and even more nice clothes that, if they didn't fit, she would get even more)...

jack nor saywer never got any of this (well, jack got some nice grilled cheese and dharma watter)...

And I am getting more and more interested in Des. What exactly happened to him after the implosion?

desmond is extremely interesting now (just like he was in the beginning of season two)...

i wonder what his "experiment" was all about...

actually, upon further meditation, it reminded me of the time hercules (in the television show "hercules: the legendary journeys") had to build a "lighting rod" of sorts to be free from the place where he was trapped (he was in a world that was in between the living, earth, and the afterlife)...

very cool stuff...

hercules' plan works (the lighting caused him to leave the world he was in) and he return to the land of the living...

maybe desmond is trying to get rid of the "snowball" property of the island???

or maybe his goal is to eventually shock eko with it to wake him up (a little extreme i must admit)???

And I wonder who among the Other's is having 'neck trouble'????

are you referring to the tumor that jack saw on one of the x-rays???

if so (based on the previews), it is ben that has the tumor...

question (and theory):

jack claims that ben will die because of the tumor...

is it possible that ben cannot be saved by the island's mysterious healing powers (thus, this is jack's purpose, to save ben)???

ben needs spinal surgery and jack is a spinal surgeon...

makes sense to me...

but why not take jack when the other's had them in "the hunting party" (when the others surrounded locke, sawyer, and jack at night)???

hmmm...

yes, even more questions than answers...

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Are there any prevailing theories about there being another group of Others? Like the shoeless types that were seen walking through the woods on the way back from arrow?

check out this thread...

i have a nice little theory on the two groups somewhere here...

in a nutshell:

- one group is the younger others (like carl, alex, and the children survivors)...

- the others in "otherville" that left to interact with the survivors can never return to "otherville" (think ben saying "i guess this means i'm out of the book club)...

- the absence of miss klough and other others (from the season two finale) is interesting...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I assumed that his experiment was him beginning to realise that what he was thinking hadn't actually happened yet.

So he built a lightning rod where he 'guessed' lightning would strike, and when it did he realised that something was awry.

Thats just me though!

Regarding your theory TSA, I believe that you are pretty much right. However, I see the younger group as being a sort of junior Others. They are disciplined by the Others (remember poor Karl?) and are being trained to take over after the elders are gone.
I think that Bea must have remained behind on 'our' Island, possibly in Otherville (remember we haven't seen it since the crash).

Just some stuff I thought I'd throw out there!

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

did you notice that one of those others said to the one holding the needle (in the scene where sawyer is about to get the injection) something like "wait it has to go through the sternum like in the movie"???

and then the other that said this pointed to a different spot where the other one was going stab saywer (he didn't know where the sternum was)...

this is interesting...

It was a reference to Pulp Fiction, at least that's what I got from it. It wasn't the only movie reference in the episode, the "Chinatown" comment was hysterical from Sawyer.
(that reference might be lost on some younger viewers though).

Originally posted by they see ALL
maybe desmond is trying to get rid of the "snowball" property of the island???

or maybe his goal is to eventually shock eko with it to wake him up (a little extreme i must admit)???

It was Desmond seeing into the future again and seeing that Clare's hut roof was going to be struck by lightning. When he couldn't convince her to move he built the high up rod so that the lightning would strike that instead, saving her and her baby's life.

The hatch explosion didn't only have the effect on Desmond, but Charlie as well. Remember at the end of the second season he didn't seem concerned at all about the other three in the hatch, and was surprised when they "weren't back yet?!", even though he hadn't seen them after the explosion.

The effect seems to have worn off Charlie though, but apparantly it's alot longer or maybe even permanent on Desmond.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
TSA, can you get to the image below? A cleaned up version of the Blast door Map. You are right, it doesn't say underwater station. I think I confused it with number of underground springs. What is interesting, in the upper left corner it says...

Confirmed site of Cadaceus Medical station. You would think from last night's episode they were in a medical station, but it wasn't on the island.

lostpedia.com...:Cleanwall-707484.jpg

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I assumed that his experiment was him beginning to realise that what he was thinking hadn't actually happened yet.

So he built a lightning rod where he 'guessed' lightning would strike, and when it did he realised that something was awry.

Thats just me though!

w0w, i didn't even think of that (and it makes perfect sense)...

great job...

but, they (the writers / directors / whoever) should have made that more obvious (in my opinion)...

Regarding your theory TSA, I believe that you are pretty much right. However, I see the younger group as being a sort of junior Others. They are disciplined by the Others (remember poor Karl?) and are being trained to take over after the elders are gone.
I think that Bea must have remained behind on 'our' Island, possibly in Otherville (remember we haven't seen it since the crash).

i had this in mind...

of course, it should be know, that the two "groups" of others that i theorize on are connected...

it only makes sense...

Originally posted by John Nada
It was a reference to Pulp Fiction, at least that's what I got from it. It wasn't the only movie reference in the episode, the "Chinatown" comment was hysterical from Sawyer.
(that reference might be lost on some younger viewers though).

possibly, but i hope it isn't that simple...

It was Desmond seeing into the future again and seeing that Clare's hut roof was going to be struck by lightning. When he couldn't convince her to move he built the high up rod so that the lightning would strike that instead, saving her and her baby's life.

again, this makes a great deal of sense to me (but it should have been clearer in my opinion)...

The hatch explosion didn't only have the effect on Desmond, but Charlie as well. Remember at the end of the second season he didn't seem concerned at all about the other three in the hatch, and was surprised when they "weren't back yet?!", even though he hadn't seen them after the explosion.

when it comes to 'lost,' i have a great memory...

i recall all of this...

The effect seems to have worn off Charlie though, but apparantly it's alot longer or maybe even permanent on Desmond.

this is probably true, but i hope charlie has some more "effects" just so he can have some more purpose...

Originally posted by Muckwa
You are right, it doesn't say underwater station. I think I confused it with number of underground springs. What is interesting, in the upper left corner it says...

Confirmed site of Cadaceus Medical station. You would think from last night's episode they were in a medical station, but it wasn't on the island.

lostpedia.com...:Cleanwall-707484.jpg

of course i am right (just kidding)

a lot more things are interesting (the whole map is in my opinion)...

i guess it is a shame that the swan hatch is gone...

of course it is also a good thing though, as now we have the old locke back

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa

That medical station is the Staff, which Claire, Kate and Rousseau visited in Maternity Leave and found Tom's beard.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
the look in charlie's eyes showed that he knew what desmand was doing.. it was the easiest way, rather than trying to explain that he can see events in the future..

as for jack being moved.. did anyone else recall them saying he's underwater?? hmmm wierd.. i think the whole you're under water, water behind the door thing was to keep jack from trying to escape, the same effect as sawyer's fake pace maker..

as for being nice to kate.. that was explained to ben, as they wanted her to feel as good as possible, because the next few weeks were going to be very bad..

sawyers been treated the way he has, because he's been plotting to escape, kill the easier others, punching here there and everywhere.. infact it was really lame, all that BS macho punching, really got stupid when sawyer hit ben up on the mountain.. awful tv.. absolutly the worst lost episodes, with all the boxing grudge matches.. booooring..

and i don't think jack's been treated too badly.. none of them have, all of the bad things the others have done so far has been all their own doing, such as if sawyer plots to escape or jack holds a broke piece of plate to one of their necks..

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It wouldn't make sense for them to be treating Kate nice during the two weeks which are supposed to be 'unpleasant' after already giving her a nice breakfast, new clothes and a decent view.

IMO it seems as if they are more well disposed towards her. Tom especially.

I think Jack is being kept on an area of the Hydra Island which is in an aquarium. That would explain the water etc. It is hard to say though as we don't know how long it took him to get from there to the operating theatre.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
well like ben said, they're being nice 'now' because it will get unpleasant later..

and ben said 'you're a good con man.. we're just better'..

so we don't know 'when' they're telling the truth and when they're not.. and right now the easiest way to hurt kate is to not tell her where jack is and to keep hurting sawyer..

i am loving this series though, can't even begin to guess where it's going..

[edit on 27-10-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
well like ben said, they're being nice 'now' because it will get unpleasant later..

and ben said 'you're a good con man.. we're just better'..

so we don't know 'when' they're telling the truth and when they're not.. and right now the easiest way to hurt kate is to not tell her where jack is and to keep hurting sawyer..

i am loving this series though, can't even begin to guess where it's going..

[edit on 27-10-2006 by shaunybaby]

Then again, just considering that the Others are trying to subdue all of the Losties rather than just scare them.
They knocked Jack out with news of his ex-wife, they conned Sawyer....maybe they are being nice to Kate because thats how they plan on subduing her.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
possibly, but i hope it isn't that simple...

Don't get your hopes up then because that's exactly what it was.

again, this makes a great deal of sense to me (but it should have been clearer in my opinion)...

You think so? It was as clear as the nose on your face in my opinion, all one had to do was watch the episode.

when it comes to 'lost,' i have a great memory...

i recall all of this...

errrr....ok Mystic Meg!

this is probably true, but i hope charlie has some more "effects" just so he can have some more purpose...

Yeah I agree, Charlie needs something like that to have more purpose this season. Maybe him and Desmond can be future seeing detectives fighting crime and stuff! YEAH!

Nah, that's another show.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by John Nada]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
well, we know now that desmond can actually alter certain parts of the future..

claire, charlie and the baby most likely would have died if the lightning had struck their tent.. so already with his new ability he's saved three lives.. how many more can he save ^.^

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Man, after that last show the writers better plan on rewarding us viewers by having Locke, Eko, Sayid lay the smack down on The Others. I want to see The Others get beat up bad. I hate how they always have the upper hand and act like they are untouchable.
Sayid skills, Locke’s blades and Eko’s Jesus stick will bring those kidnapping murderers down to Earth.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Sayid skills, Locke’s blades and Eko’s Jesus stick will bring those kidnapping murderers down to Earth.

hahaha Amen brother!

Although to be fair they're not the murderers, although they certainly bring it on themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

the survivors never explored the island in depth...

sayid was smart enough to attempt to go around the perimeter of the island, but he got interrupted by the power cable he found...

recall that danielle's maps mention small islands (i believe she used the word "islets")...

My memory is rusty. What was at the end of that cable Sayid found? Or did they never show us?

I'm not necessarily confused, but theres too much going on for me to come up with theories. It makes sense that the place they're being held is on a different island. Its sort of a control station of sorts. They wouldn't want it near the experiment labs.

Another question:

Maybe I'm just forgetting her, but who was that lady they showed in the previews looking at the monitor and asking something like "What is it?"

Is she just an unexplored Lostie? Or a new character? I didn't recognize her.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Man, after that last show the writers better plan on rewarding us viewers by having Locke, Eko, Sayid lay the smack down on The Others. I want to see The Others get beat up bad. I hate how they always have the upper hand and act like they are untouchable.

i hope this doesn't occur

its natural that the others always have the upper hand, as they have been on the island for way more time and have way more advantages against them (like information from the two spies / always watching them)...

i liked how ben didn't know about desmond's boat, it showed that the others aren't perfect and they aren't always one step ahead of the losties (we probably thought they did in seasons one and two)...

now we are getting a broader picture of them...

i really hope that the losties don't rescue any of the trio before part one of this season is up (in other words, two weeks)...

actually, i can't see this happening unless the others want it to happen...

i love how there isn't always a "happy ending" to this show and i hope this continues...

Originally posted by John Nada
Although to be fair they're not the murderers, although they certainly bring it on themselves.

its interesting that ben said that the others aren't murderers...

we know that scott (or was it steve???) was killed in season one because the losties didn't deliver claire to them...

and we know that goodwin killed that guy who was in ana lucia's ditch in season two...

maybe these murders don't count for some reason???

Originally posted by Cutwolf
My memory is rusty. What was at the end of that cable Sayid found? Or did they never show us?

the cable went into the ground, at one end, and into the water, at the other end...

maybe it went to a station???

Another question:

Maybe I'm just forgetting her, but who was that lady they showed in the previews looking at the monitor and asking something like "What is it?"

Is she just an unexplored Lostie? Or a new character? I didn't recognize her.

she is one, of the two, new lostaway characters...

in this thread (in the beginning) i listed all of the new characters, check it out...

the other new lostaway character is that spanish guy who was playing golf last episode...

him and the girl are supposed to be a couple (actually their first appearance was supposed to be them in jack's tent together)...

and, yes, both of them are just some of the many unexplored losties (there's like thirty of them)...

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They should go and cut the cable just to see what happens.

I bet it supplies the power (or links the cameras or something like that) from the control center (where Jack, Kate, and Sawyer are being held) to the "experiment" island where the Losties live.

Or maybe there is some sort of underwater generator/power "plant." Perhaps powering the electromagnetic field around the island?

Thoughts on that?

[edit on 10-29-2006 by Cutwolf]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join