It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
They should go and cut the cable just to see what happens.

i thought about that and i originally thought that they should have cut it...

but, most likely, it would have screwed them over if they did...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have always thought Lost was lacking in some way, and I just realized it..

ZOMBIES!

I would love to see a few hours of mindless Zombie blasting on the islands..

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Dawn of the Dead is on local TV tonight

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
I would love to see a few hours of mindless Zombie blasting on the islands..

the way the losties mindlessly act should be enough to fill you up

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Desmond needs his hand cut off so they can affix a chainsaw, thats all I will say on the subject.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Anyone got any clue as to who is getting offed tonight?

I think it will be Desmond or Charlie.

Desmond will use his newly found gift to sacrifice himself as a way of getting off the island, even if dead.

or..

Charlies sacrifices himself to save Claire or Aaron.

Either way I think the death will be selfless and someone will die a hero.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Buzz around the net is that it will be Eko.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Buzz around the net is that it will be Eko.

that would be sad and idiotic...

what would be the point in bringing eko back this season if he wasn't, really, in any episodes???

think about it, he didn't say one word this season (except a couple of words that may have been a part of locke's hallucination)...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The producers once said everything will have a plausiblelogical explanation.

That logical explanation is now officially out of the window.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Cutwolf]

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This episode.. was lacking.

It tied up Ecko's storyline.. which in the end really didn't amount to much anyway. This whole episode hardly progressed the plot at all, even less than usual, and at least to me wasn't even entertaining.

I hope next week's episode lives up to the hype or I might rethink my priorities on Wednesday night.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
The producers once said everything will have a plausiblelogical explanation.

That logical explanation is now officially out of the window.

not necessarily...

the producers stated that everything in 'lost' could be explained with science or pseudo-science...

and, remember, that 'lost' will reveal itself as a science-fiction show soon...

anyway, i liked this episode but the preview for next week blew me off my bed

i can't believe they killed off eko

it was a waste that they brought him back from the hatch explosion, although this episode explained some cool things (like why eko built the church on the island and what happened after the incident at the runway)...

i loved how eko wasn't sorry for what he did in the past...

i am glad this show doesn't have a roman catholic agenda or something crazy like that...

i wonder if the "monster" killed eko because he wasn't sorry for what he did (it looks this way to me)...

so, is one of the purposes of the island to make people feel sorry for what they did in the past???

this is very interesting (if true)...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nikki and Paulo:
I totally thought these two were new red shirts like Arzt. Now it seems pretty clear that they are just a device to help explain things to new viewers.

Jack:
Will he operate on Ben at all? The preview for next week made it look like instead of killing him on the operating table he just won’t operate at all.

Juliet:
Does she really want Jack to kill Ben or is this just all another elaborate manipulation?

Eko:
Man that sucks he is gone. He was one of my favorite characters. Now all the Tailies are gone except for Bernard, and he was just using the washroom. So all those assigned seats in th tail section are now gone. I wonder if this means anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Now all the Tailies are gone except for Bernard, and he was just using the washroom. So all those assigned seats in th tail section are now gone. I wonder if this means anything.

Yeah, it means that they told a bunch of stories last year that didn't even end up amounting to a hill of beans. Why get people emotionally invested in characters that aren't even going to make it an entire season? (with the exception of Ecko)

The Nikki and Paulo concept grinds on my nerves and kills the believablity of them being stranded on the island. It would be like new castaways showing up on Gilligan's island with none of the others even questioning it. Sure, I -know- there are more survivors on the island than just the characters with backstories, but they don't need lines, IMO.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey, can that black mist creature change into human form or something. 'Cause it showed up after Eko was talking to his "brother". And the part that grabbed Eko was in the shape of a hand, it looked like. I'm thinking the "black mist" thing can take a human form.

-tts

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
it is odd how many 'big' characters die in this program..

we're not really used to it, because most programs go on and on, and there are always the 'top' and 'big' characters, that never die, the same goes for movies..

i like how lost kills off characters that people have emotional ties to.. if there are any 'safe' characters.. i'd think jack.. i just couldn't ever see them killing jack, unless it was the last ever episode.. sawyer and kate are slightly more expendable..

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
Hey, can that black mist creature change into human form or something. 'Cause it showed up after Eko was talking to his "brother". And the part that grabbed Eko was in the shape of a hand, it looked like. I'm thinking the "black mist" thing can take a human form.

I like that idea.. it could well be true..

the only thing i don't get is the one time the smoke was right infront of him.. why did it leave him then.. but kill him on this episode..

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nikki and Paulo:
I totally thought these two were new red shirts like Arzt. Now it seems pretty clear that they are just a device to help explain things to new viewers.

or a device to get some extra ratings...

Jack:
Will he operate on Ben at all? The preview for next week made it look like instead of killing him on the operating table he just won’t operate at all.

i think he will...

i love this plot line...

Juliet:
Does she really want Jack to kill Ben or is this just all another elaborate manipulation?

i think it is another trick...

ben told jack that he had a master plan to manipulate him...

this plan got messed up because jack found out that those x-rays were ben's...

why didn't ben simply lie his way out of this???

if ben needs jack to operate, why did he leave him and juliet to drown???

jack needs to think more, these are important questions...

i believe that the others are going to manipulate jack with his full knowledge (ben told jack his plan a bit)...

Eko:
Man that sucks he is gone. He was one of my favorite characters. Now all the Tailies are gone except for Bernard, and he was just using the washroom. So all those assigned seats in th tail section are now gone. I wonder if this means anything.

not all of them are "gone" (permanently)...

we still have to find out what the heck happened to cindy and the abducted tailes...

i wonder if eko was killed off because of his manners, or lack thereof, off-set (as i have read)???

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Yeah, it means that they told a bunch of stories last year that didn't even end up amounting to a hill of beans. Why get people emotionally invested in characters that aren't even going to make it an entire season? (with the exception of Ecko)

this isn't really true...

firstly, its all a matter of opinion...

and, finally, all the survivor-characters that died had sufficient back stories (with the exception of libby)...

by the way, when i say "sufficient back stories," i mean at least one episode dedicated to themselves...

The Nikki and Paulo concept grinds on my nerves and kills the believablity of them being stranded on the island. It would be like new castaways showing up on Gilligan's island with none of the others even questioning it. Sure, I -know- there are more survivors on the island than just the characters with backstories, but they don't need lines, IMO.

i know what you mean...

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker

you may be on the right track...

maybe the cloud can take the form of dead bodies (such as yemi and christian, jack's father)...

i wonder if other hallucinations were simply the cloud playing games with the losties...

Originally posted by shaunybaby
it is odd how many 'big' characters die in this program..

we're not really used to it, because most programs go on and on, and there are always the 'top' and 'big' characters, that never die, the same goes for movies..

i like how lost kills off characters that people have emotional ties to.. if there are any 'safe' characters.. i'd think jack.. i just couldn't ever see them killing jack, unless it was the last ever episode.. sawyer and kate are slightly more expendable..

this is also why i love 'lost'...

but it is always sad to see characters (expecially the ones i like) die...

the only thing i don't get is the one time the smoke was right infront of him.. why did it leave him then.. but kill him on this episode..

great question!!!

maybe it was because eko was on his little righteous path (being sorry for the others that he killed)...

in last night's episode, eko proclaimed that he wasn't sorry for his killings of other people off-island...

this, most likely, pissed off his "brother" (the cloud) and then it killed eko...

i wonder why eko was sorry for killing two others and not for the killings off-island...

do i smell a plot hole (and evidence that eko was prematurely killed off)???

maybe the smoke didn't kill eko then because it wanted eko to continue to press the button in the swan hatch (recall that it was a vision of yemi that inspired eko to get locke to show him the pearl station and to push the button in the swan)???

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
With the others nothing is certain. Maybe Juliette really is on Jack's side, or maybe it's part of an elaborate test. I think Jack will operate on Ben, he will do his best to save Ben's life, and I think Ben will survive.. Jack is a Doctor, and will continue to honor the oth(check spelling) that he took when he became a Doctor. If he purposely allowed someone to die on the operating table, even Ben, then he'd be just as bad as his father who was drunk during an operation, and Jack won't become that. So I think Jack will save Ben's life.. That's the test.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So I think Jack will save Ben's life.. That's the test.

or, maybe, the test's oucome will be jack messing up the operation so that he can save juliet and the others from ben's badness

he will be doing the wrong thing for, what he believes, the right reason...

this is exactly what the others have been doing...

the kicker is that ben will be saved by another doctor when jack is out of the room or something...

ben can then give a great speech to jack and he will join the others

of course, this is an extreme possibility though...

[edit on 2-11-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
spin and counter-spin on why eko was killed off...

"eko is monster mash"...

Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked to be written off the series. After losing both parents last year, he wanted to return to his London home and work on a film he'll direct.

or maybe it was because of his traffic violation a while back (even though the charges were dropped)...

we all remember what happened to ana and libby after they were arrested for "traffic violations" (driving while under the influence of alcohol), right???

or, maybe, it was really because of his bad attitude off-set (link pending)...

actually, this should be in the next "tv guide magazine" (his bad attitude)...

[edit on 2-11-2006 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join