It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
how in the world did they know there would be any survivors, let alone lots???

Ben didn't know for sure. He told Ethan and Goodwin "there may actually be survivors". But I see what you mean, one would expect any plane crash coming from that altitude to not have survivors.

The "others" probably had some sort of contingency plan in the event of a large group of people coming to the island (ship wrecks, plane crashes, etc..). The plan is flexible, nothing set in stone, just an idea of what they need to do (gather intel on the people). That's why Ben had to give hip pocket instructions on what they should do, no need to give a detailed outline...the "others" are presumably smart and can figure out what needs to be done.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Penelope Widmore's father had the pregnancy rigged to always read positive

Maybe Sun's not pregnant....

This site is part of the Lost Experience.

www.pennywidmore.blogspot.com...

TO>> [email protected]
FROM>> [email protected]
SUB>> Re: The Tests

Charles,
I'm writing to let you know the pregnancy tests are complete. No matter what the
truth is, the tests will show positive. They will be stowed aboard the flight, as per your instructions.
~James

I've been up on it a bit and it seems good to go, but I think that the Widmore Corporation is a key player behind the Dharma initiative/The Island, and is also working with the Hanso Foundation and that it might even be a front company for them.

Now there's a letter of apology on the Hanso Foundation site, pretty much saying that Mittellwerk is responsible for all bad stuff and experiments that went on, etc... and that they have a new lease on the way they do business, keepin' it clean.

Anyways, what if the Hanso Foundation is keeping it clean but they passed all the dirty work (Dhamra, The Island, etc..) to Widmore Corp, which could be a Hanso subsdairy.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
let's be clear on something:

in the first scene, the ground was shaking because of the button not being pushed in the swan hatch...

the others definitely knew about the hatches so they must have came to the conclusion that one day the button will not be pushed...

so ben had a plan just in case this occurred...

another question:

why wasn't ben in the book club on that day???

it occurs to me that ben was the leader of the book club...

the host of the house picks the book so why weren't they in ben's house on that day (i got the impression that they were supposed to be in ben's house)???...

also, isn't it funny that danielle's (the french woman) maps fail to mention the hatches, the pala ferry dock, the radio tower, the village, etc???

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
remember when ben said "good job" to juliet???

perhaps she was lying to him and, thus, manipulating him???

the others are famous for that...

I think it's possible you're reading into that the wrong way. This season we're meant to learn more about the others, and I think everything that happened in this episode was to show a conflict between Ben and Juliet.

It's obvious they used to be involved, and now that they're not there's obviously a power struggle between the two, as is often the case between a broken up couple (with Ben obviously still being the bitter one).

Notice that he made no attempt to wait for her to get through the hatch before the water came flooding in. I think the bitterness and power struggle between these two is definately the way to look at the episode and will probably be what this series developes.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

www.pennywidmore.blogspot.com...

TO>> [email protected]
FROM>> [email protected]
SUB>> Re: The Tests

Charles,
I'm writing to let you know the pregnancy tests are complete. No matter what the
truth is, the tests will show positive. They will be stowed aboard the flight, as per your instructions.
~James

Nice find! I never saw that letter, and it brings a new aspect to the whole thing: was Sun so nervous because she has actually been cheating?

Now there's a letter of apology on the Hanso Foundation site, pretty much saying that Mittellwerk is responsible for all bad stuff and experiments that went on, etc... and that they have a new lease on the way they do business, keepin' it clean.

Anyways, what if the Hanso Foundation is keeping it clean but they passed all the dirty work (Dhamra, The Island, etc..) to Widmore Corp, which could be a Hanso subsdairy.

Actually the letter is from Alvar Hanso, apologising for allowing Mittlewerk to do the things he did in Hanso's name. And if you click on 'humanity' in the third paragraph, you hear a message from Mitty explaining his true feelings.

also, isn't it funny that danielle's (the french woman) maps fail to mention the hatches, the pala ferry dock, the radio tower, the village, etc???

I'm not sure about everything, but I know that the Utopiaville was situated in the crater on her map. Maybe she decided that nothing of interest was in the crater and didn't go in.
However the crater was definitly there.

why wasn't ben in the book club on that day???

it occurs to me that ben was the leader of the book club...

the host of the house picks the book so why weren't they in ben's house on that day (i got the impression that they were supposed to be in ben's house)???...

My impression was that Ben and Juliette were in a relationship. It could have been Ben and Juliette's house which is why she was so stressed about him not being there.
Also, perhaps that is why when Ben told Jack to kill her she was so stunned by him not helping her.

[edit on 8/10/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ben is not that heartless..

the whole thing, in my mind, seemed like it was planned that way..

juliet knew jack would attempt to escape when she brought in the food (the others are not stupid remember)..

they knew jack would go for the door, especially if they told him not to..

ben made it seem as though he didn't give a care for juliet, however, i think it's the opposite..

juliet then had to save jack, which earnt her jack's trust, and jack is no longer a threat, but will now help as much as possible, rather than being his stubborn normal self..

my thoughts.. i think it was planned that way.. rather than an actual mistake in letting jack get out the room etc etc..

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think Jack would remember more her knocking him out than trying to save him. Remeber, if he had died so would she.

What earnt Jack's 'trust' (however I think obedience is a better word) is when she told him about Sarah.
That was a more significant thing to him, and it completely crippled him. There was nothing he could do after hearing the woman he loved was happier with another man.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
well, we all know how clever the others are..

they must have known jack would try to escape if they opened the door to bring in food..

if they knew that, then they knew he'd go for the door..

and did ben just happen to be there also at that very moment?

i think the whole thing was setup to get jack's trust and to almost kind of break him, to make him not so stubborn..

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i also got the feeling that ben and juliet were involved (relationship wise) and that there was tension somehow in that scene where ben says "good job" to her...

but i also think that the whole jack escape part was meant to happen...

if the others didn't want jack to attempt a break out they would have had some number of men giving jack the food and not a lone woman...

another option could even be one other watching jack through the window thing while juliet gave jack the food...

to me, it seems, the whole thing was planned...

jack now trusts juliet a bit and is obedient to her...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
'the glass ballerina' (sun/jin centric) airs tomorrow!!!

here is the preview video for this episode:

linky...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Can’t wait for the Second Episode of LOST Season 3?
Here are 3 "sneekpeeks" of tonight's show.

Warning: Watching these clips may spoil tonights episode of LOST.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a couple of things about tonight's episode:

- the canteen bottle that juliet had, had the same dharma symbol on it that was on ethan's canteen bottle that he gave to claire...

- i loved the back-story of jin / sun tonight...

- ben telling jack actual real world events was crazy...

- when ben took out that tv, i thought he was going to show him the alvar hanso video (i was about to be so happy if they would have showed that)...

that's it for now...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
some more food for thought:

- was alex sincere about what she was talking about with kate???

- if she was, why are some of these others not equal to the rest???

- is it because they are children???

- why do the others need jack so badly???

- is the world still out there???

- what were the others building / why where they gathering rocks???

ahhh, i love lost

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

- the canteen bottle that juliet had, had the same dharma symbol on it that was on ethan's canteen bottle that he gave to claire...

The "Staff" wasn't it?

When Sawyer got his hand of that rifle I just wanted him to unload on the others. I don’t care how many times they say they are “the good guys,” they kidnap children and they are murderers. Oh well, at least Sawyer learned a bit from the fight.

I can’t wait ‘till next week. It looks to me like Locke is going to try and find the mist creature.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

The "Staff" wasn't it?

Actuall its two semi-circles, and it is also the logo which was on the shark from season 1 (which has finally been proven to be intentional).

I haven't seen this episode yet but will have done by tonight hopefully (fingers crossed)

[edit on 12/10/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
The "Staff" wasn't it?

i think that's what it was called (on the internet at least)...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I nearly pissed myself laughing when Juliet passed Sawyer the water and he just emptied it onto the ground.

Then him kicking arse straight after was top class.

To answer you TSA the outside world does exist, we saw it at the end of the last season.

Ben was great in this episode, him explaining why he had to lie pretty much shows that the Others are still technically the 'good guys', especially with Sun adding to their body count.

What confuses me is that if the Others really did want to be left alone they could tell them all how to get home, but they actually want the survivors on the island.

He revealed he's been there all his life, but maybe their population has been slowly dying out? I think maybe they're taking the survivors a few at a time, and slowly reshaping them into the type of people they want for their society.

Some have been integrated straight away. Sawyer and Kate are obviously at the bottom of the ladder as they're in cages like animals. Jack is probably mid-way there which is why he's in the glass observation room. No doubt when they feel Sawyer and Kate have made improvements they will be 'promoted' to the observation room, or something like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

- why do the others need jack so badly???

The easy answer: he's a doctor...as well as the leader of the group. It's leverage.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Another thing that adds to the dying out society theory. In the opening episode for this season what was the one thing missing from their beautiful villiage? Children.

They took Walt. They took the French lady's child. They tried to take Clare's baby. No doubt when they know Sun is pregnant they'll eventually come for her child as well. Ben says he was born there (in a round about way) yet it's obvious that his generation cannot produce children. What went wrong?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Another thing that adds to the dying out society theory. In the opening episode for this season what was the one thing missing from their beautiful villiage? Children.

They took Walt. They took the French lady's child. They tried to take Clare's baby. No doubt when they know Sun is pregnant they'll eventually come for her child as well. Ben says he was born there (in a round about way) yet it's obvious that his generation cannot produce children. What went wrong?

Hmmm. Nice theory. Perhaps (going out on a limb) Ben was cloned there by DHARMA as part of their research but wasn't actually born until he was past adolesence.
Oh, and Sun may not be pregnant. I refer you to the earlier post about the pregnancy tests all being positive.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join