It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hey I'm back, sporting my brand new fireproof suit ... booyah!

I was thinking about these "out of sequence" items. I went through the entire game twice more (had closed out my browser on accident the first time and then cleared cookies twice).

A couple entries took multiple times to go in correctly. For instance, question 6 didn't work the first 4 times I tried it. I got the error message and the out of sequence message.

I'm almost willing to think that it's buggy code rather than a hint at anything. Just my two cents.

EDIT: and by buggy I don't mean by accident ... just me feeling

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
venus was the only one to show out of sequence for me.

"denzel" showed out of sequence for me. Denzel Washington: rememeber the titans, fallen (time is on my side). Chasing my tail basically, that and I can't get "dude: where my car?" out of my head.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Looks like its fixed to me. None of them work for me any more.

But if you put in a past answer, the clock comes up(saying it's not correct, not out of sequence), but if you just put in a random word(that's not an answer) the clock disappears and of course says not correct.

This is just what is happening to me...

Surprisingly, "thelatestquestion" still comes up out of sequence, when none of the others do.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
OK, this is the list where I get "out of sequence" messages, I have retried them and they all still give the message.

The ones that say "ERROR: Out of sequence" MIGHT be disinfo but we aren't sure. Here is my list;

newquestion
nextquestion
thelatestquestion
england
venus
jupiter
ufo
aliens
pyramid
tomorrow
ready
shuttle
enlighten

link   
Was demontheses banned earlier? I see that he/she/it is now ... I wonder why? Disinfo?

link   
Looks like we're falling behind guys...according to the latest comment from seekingtheanswer.blogspot.com, "Symon Sayze" has cracked it and is already working on the next answer.

As for Demontheses being banned...yeah, just noticed that myself. Hmmm...the plot thickens!

[edit on 24-7-2006 by HokkaidoHillbilly]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
Just as a quick note too, i typed 'Mighty' randomly and it said 'ERROR: Your response is out of sequence.' HOWEVER i purposefully typed Tesla our of order ad it simply said 'out of sequence'.
EDIT: NOTE - 'Faux' also comes up as 'ERROR: Your response is out of sequence.'
EDIT2: NOTE - 'Herring' also comes up as 'ERROR: Your response is out of sequence.'

'Help' and 'Mercy' also come up with ERROR: Your response is out of sequence. Now, i worked out a couple, but i didn't guess any correctly before, and now i've guessed 5 in less than 5 minutes........this tells me these answers are not correct.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
powmia came up as out of sequence for me ... first term in about 20 I've tried

EDIT: and the second time it just came up as not correct

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demontheses
Dont give up you have only 14 more to go.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Demontheses]

Wow, never seen a "banned member" post before.

I give.

From the blog:

From "Symon Sayze"
This person (from another group working on solving the answers) reports that they created a automated script that runs through dictionary words and word combinations............

Symon Sayze said...
Another update for you. We've moved past the current display of "new questions every day" and are attempting to solve the next question.

Looks like the script kiddies are crackin it with programs.

Shouldn't take too long now......

For any who still care, there's a full list of the questions (so far) on 78 but the "game" has lost all continuity now.

Last night, Mech was getting no quotation marks (or yellow messages) while I and others were.

Now people are getting various results with the same answers.

The rules are changing mid-game, and now we're racing script kiddie apps.

Have fun and good luck to those who still are going.

[edit on 7/24/06 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
nope... still found nothing

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
From the blog:

From "Symon Sayze"
This person (from another group working on solving the answers) reports that they created a automated script that runs through dictionary words and word combinations............

Symon Sayze said...
Another update for you. We've moved past the current display of "new questions every day" and are attempting to solve the next question.

Looks like the script kiddies are crackin it with programs.

Shouldn't take too long now......

Kind of a shame if you ask me though ... kills my fun anyways.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
hi

you can add to the out of squence list:

ny
iraq
ats

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
anyone tried 551093 yet? found it somewhere yesterday... forgot to try it... oops

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Most of the ones everyone says work for them don't work for me, so I figure it's all b/s except for a few maybe, but I can't tell when a couple work for me, and ones that work for other people don't work for me.

EDIT- finally got started again

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Sharker524]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
hi

you can add to the out of squence list:

ny
iraq
ats

I get incorrect with ny and ats but iraq looks good. I also found 3 more;

symon
symonsays
todayistomorrow

But I think they are just messing with us now. I think we did crack something here but now they have double backed and what was a sound theory may now just be another source for them to mess with us.

[edit on 24/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
wow its nice to see people workin' so hard and together... better keep up my end!!! ill try afew scripts

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
oh lats a point... i forgot how to use scripts >(

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
try:
thisisnotreal

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
yes, sometimes that happens to me too

for example:
i wrote uboat and get out of seq, then wrore german war and out of seq again...the tried to test uboat again and got error...this is strange...

more words out of seq...

ww2
chaney
murder
ufo
begining
disney
disneyworld
uboat
germanwar
prescott - (bush grandfather)
grandfather

if you want to know, I don´t think these words are future answers, at least some of them...

you see, I´ve tried the two last ones right now and they were "out of seq"

Can any one figure out the _javascript beyond this website?
I guess this type of answers are created in some sort of pool

I say this because of the line that says: "it is important to distribute this site
"

it may be necessary to have a large number of turns so the script can choose the "password"

this is just a wild guess

[edit on 24-7-2006 by derfred33]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Somewhat unrelated to the task at hand, but interesting nonetheless.

The quotes by now banned member Demontheses & the doubleganger SimonGray on Hacker Network (yes, Springer, I realize that he/she/it isn't the real McCoy) of:

"Don't give up, you only have 14 (more) to go"

Are amazingly similar...

Thus the bannishment?

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join