It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Mech, you forgot the quotation marks around the word "remember".

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Mech, you forgot the quotation marks around the word "remember".

Mine does'nt have it

Another anomaly??

WTF??

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i really don't understand why oswald is out of sequence for me, how the hell does that make any sense if i'm looking at the question it says who, its obviously oswald but its out of sequence

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Mechanic32: Your's also doesn't have the yellow text saying it's important to promot the site under the line that mine does...

strange.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Another anomaly??

Strange, apparently so.

In my list of questions (pg 78) each was directly copy/pasted and it certainly included quotations around the word remember......

Ponderous.

Edit: Good point Street Scholar

[edit on 7/24/06 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
it is important to spread this URL: www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com

you mean this ^^^

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

you mean this ^^^

Correct, it should be in yellow text (below the question/statement) also in the box.

Maybe the "Game Master" is making a few changes.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

you mean this ^^^

Correct, it should be in yellow text (below the question) also in the box.

Maybe the "Game Master" is making a few changes.

yeah i can get that, if i go and put anything random.html > enter

Then i just use my back < button to bring it back, to the page i captured

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
WHAT an exhausting thread... I don't have the patience, frankly, to follow the whole thing, but good luck, guys. I have one observation, however, which may have been made in the last twenty or so pages (sorry... I started to skip after a while) - which is that the rectangle that says "this to the winner" or something like, is rather reminiscent of a flat screen TV.

Anyone else agree?

Good luck to you all,

richard

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
im done for tonight, but im sure hell be on within 4 hours and you guys will solve this riddle, and ill have to read 30 new pages tomorrow, well, night

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
You know what. I'm an idiot, haha. How does it know that your wanswer changes? I mean, if one of the asnwers was '2', then why did 2.html give me out of sequence? How does it know the sequence? Ther's no ASP or PHP when you view source....I'm so confused.

I don't know the inner workings of the code. The only thing I do know, is it stores the info in cookies.

not chocolate chip, either.

I posted the answers to this on page thirty something. I had two of the answers before we got to it, "void" was one of them but no one noticed. go figure.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
I had two of the answers before we got to it, "void" was one of them but no one noticed. go figure.

Maybe that's because you didn't post it.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Where are the cookie files located on your computer?

I just want to look at them.

C:\WINDOWS\Temp?

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Sharker524]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I had two of the answers before we got to it, "void" was one of them but no one noticed. go figure.

Maybe that's because you didn't post it.

No I did. I posted a method of knowing what future answers may be. I had "void" and "thenextquestion" while we were on antiprize. I didn't post the answers because at that time, I didn't know they were valid, it was a theory. I posted the theory, it was skipped over and the two answers came out, confirming the theory.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 24/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

No I did.

No, you didn't.

How could anyone "notice" your possible future answers when you never posted them (void or "the other") to begin with.

I posted a method of knowing what future answers may be.

This is true, and why I took no issue with the first sentence of your former post.

I don't post the answers becasue at that time, I didn't know they were valid.

See, so why then sound dejected that "no one noticed" them now?

it was a theory. I posted the theory, it was skipped over and the two answers came out, confirming the theory.

You assume to much, I was independantly working roughly the same theory (due to erasing the cookies and discovering what happened if you tried to skip ahead) but hadn't hit any "out of sequence" that were not already known yet.

Still, it's hard to say "no one noticed" answers (like "void") that you never posted.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I was only responding to this type of question...

then why did 2.html give me out of sequence? How does it know the sequence?

The "theory" I posted on page thirty something answers this, I only mentioned it again as it would appear no-one picked up on this, but whatever. Jeez, some people could start an argument in an empty room.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I only mentioned it again as it would appear no-one picked up on this

I understand what you were responding to but, apparently appearances can be decieving.

Jeez, some people could start an argument in an empty room.

Not trying to "start an argument", I only mentioned it because of the unneeded dejected tone of the post (eg. "no one noticed. go figure").

My point is that if you had evidence to back up the theory....share it!

That's what the thread is for.

Unless, of course, you're "workin' solo" for the prize (understandable) in which case the dejected post was just not necessary to begin with.

P.S. Prote, what gives? Rough morning? I know your logic and discussional skills are far better than that of having to fall back on cliches like "some people...".

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

My point is that if you had evidence to back up the theory....share it!

That's what the thread is for.

I understand my intial post indicated that I had posted future answers, I hadn't and this was not the reason for the post, only that I had a theory on the sequence that has turned out to be correct.

This "evidence", I did share. The evidence being that I had out of sequence messages with words and phrases that hadn't yet been given.

I didn't post what answers I had because I had hoped this would be good news for people but no one seemed interested and no one picked up on it, so I kept it to myself. so yeah, forgive me for being a little dejected when people start posting that they don't understand the sequence when that information has been posted - and ignored by all. If you were working on the same theory, why didn't you say anything? You kept quiet but take me to task for being dejected! As I said, im not interested in fighting, just play the game, i'll be sure to keep future theories to myself to avoid being disappointed or upsetting anybody.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

P.S. Prote, what gives? Rough morning? I know your logic and discussional skills are far better than that of having to fall back on cliches like "some people...".

Yeah, its monday. I freaking hate mondays. I should still be in bed.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Just to be certain, I will share this again....it works!!!

If you post an answer and get the out of sequence message AND that answer is not the answer for a rpevious question, then it is a FUTURE answer. Write it down, you'll need it later.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join