It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
[edit on 6-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Put religion threads in BTS , the religious folk are gere for those threads only, want ing to spread their word, it gets annoying

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I just signed up for a new account after laying dormant for several years whole still being an avid reader of the boards. I'm not familiar how suggestions are intended to be presented so I'll just give it a go:

I was wondering if a sub-forum could be created that would discuss the implications of scientific journals/university publications/reputable new articles/visual and physical evidence on alternative topics. These more "mainstream" sources could directly deal with fringe topics (i.e Princeton's old consciousness studies, parapsychology, etc) or indirectly deal with fringe topics (i.e. new research that perhaps increases the feasibility of conspiracy/alternative theories). I just get the feeling from the boards these days that some members are interested in more intelligent/focused discussions of the topics on these boards, and are being held back by posts that add nothing to the conversation or contain wrong information. A sub-forum that introduced at least a certain level of traceability would allow topics and ideas to "move along" faster and go more in depth. (In my opinion)

I know finding information on these topics can be challenging sometimes, but we would all benefit from each-others efforts if we were able to centralize this info. Doesn't anyone else get a bit angry when they open a thread titled: "Definitive PROOF of (yadayad)," only to find an individual's opinion on a certain topic?

Let me know what you guys think think about this....I personally think it'd be cool

Later all!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?"

Dear Mods,

I want to be able to put at least Twenty people on my ignore list.

TEN just is not sufficient for my needs. I require more slots on my ignore list.

With the thousands of people on ATS, and and ever-growing membership I feel that the number of incidents requiring the use of the ignore function also has increased.

Think back to the the Blossom GoldFlower UFO prediction back on October. Having more slots on the ignore list would have been quite useful.

That is partially why I chose not register for some time after. I was discouraged. But having a couple dozen ignore vacancies would have made me far more likely to have joined then, where I could have immediately began quarantining nuisances and commencing my ATS experience.

Now that I am a member, I really do want more ignore slots.

Please Owners, will you do this for us?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Maybe they could have a ignore donation system

I got 10 free spaces that I won't be using, shame I can't hand them out

Kidding aside, I always wondered why it was limited to ten? why have a limit at all?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Dang!
That explains why Exuberant1 doesn't answer my U2U's.

All kidding (or not) aside - We really need a *Go to Your Post in a Thread* function.

I'm sure it's been suggested before a number of times but just add my number right up there with it.

Go to profile - posts - and a button by your post to *Go to post in thread*...

See! Wasn't that easy!

lol

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What about a daily poll on the main page or the ability to put polls into your threads

it would be good to get the general view from the whole of ATS especially those that don't post much, It's probably something that's been suggested and argued about before but there are a lot of lurkers out there or people who's writing skills aren't good enough to post might be easier for them to vote in or hold a poll.

Just an Idea

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You can start by getting some real conspiracys going on here like before. Get some drama going like WITD
and for people to stop posting rubbish. Even revive some old topics that was interesting but never see much attention.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe a Political Art forum since politics is dominating here. I'm sure many artists are dying to post some of their works. Art is just another way of expressing ourselves so why not would be a good question.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So no support out there for discussions centered on discussing information from sources that could be cited or verifiable beyond simple opinion? No one?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

You should find the Member Art forum useful for those purposes.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ATS and its imagery problem...explicitly with regards to the UFO forum (though could just as easily be applied to many others) and the media portal.

This is something that has been bugging me for a while now and to be honest I think it could be handled better with a little effort.

Very little effort in some cases.

To be frank, Image and video related threads are handled horribly.

I have lost count of the number of threads purporting to present majestic evidence of something or other on ATS only to find that upon browsing that particular thread ... Dum, Dum, Dum! Ta DAAA!!

It's a Photo, Video or whatever that has been previously gutted in at least 1000 other threads... damn, another waste of time thread.

Some may say, that's what the search function is for....

But..umm... well, actually. No, it's not.

The search function relies on words, not images and Images is something the main forums do not do.

Everyone's description of any particular image is going to vary (to a huge degree in some cases) resulting in an infinite number of possible interpretations of the same thing.

(OMG, It's a bird, it's a plane, it's George Bush with wings, It's a hot naked angel chick reincarnated as the ghost of my yucca tree, whatever..)

In a lot of cases the imagery is the point of the thread.

Not the descriptions or the interpretations which have already been made..

A thumbnail or a pop-up with the thread title would at least give us an idea, especially when it comes to the search function.... please!

Even if it was a store bought feature, I'd sure as hell spend the points.

Images on the media portal are even easier to deal with.

Why can't we link a thread to an image? At the minute it seems any
thread relevant to a media piece cannot be referred to directly by the
media portal. It has to be referred to in a comment and that's just silly.

A primary thread reference by the creator of the image would be somewhat handy too...

Absence.

[Edit: Heres another one... since ATS's motto is deny ignorance, Is there an explicit reason as to why there are no forum subsections dealing with educational facts? E.g. The UFO forum (again) deals with photography to a large degree, yet there is nothing present to educate members as to the nature of photographic anomaly resulting in the same mistakes being presented again and again and again and again...

Ignorance of a subject self perpetuates but if ATS's claim to denying that ignorance is to be taken seriously then we have a moral obligation to educate and there is noting here to divide the two.]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Absence of Self]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

HAHA man didn't see that coming. How did I not see that. Thanks man I'm gonna start posting some of my arts which is mostly influenced by politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would like to make a request for a very important feature that is paramount to the continued success of this fine establishment:

We have some cute smiley icons to add emphasis to our posts, but they are the same ones found on many other web sites. Can we PLEASE have a Tin Foil Hat Smiley. Pretty please.

I know there are some very talented artists and software designers on ATS and I am certain it is possible.

If it is a matter of room, then I vote we abandon the fire breathing flamer icon, as flaming is inappropriate, while Tin Foil Hats are such a nice fashion accessory.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My apologies for probably repeating a suggestion appearing somewhere in the last 800 posts, but it would be nice to have way more ATS point competitions, easy stuff you know. 1000 points for this, 5000 points for that.. this happens sometimes yes, but more often and on a regular basis would be nice.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My take on points.... They should ONLY be offered for quality postings. If I wanted points for a game I would play my XBOX.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think a images/graphics forum would be nice. This way people can request or offer different backgrounds and avatars. I notice there is a Member's art forum, but I would think that is a different issue.

Cheers,

Otto

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
it would be cool to have email alerts when someone replies to a thread you have started or replied to. that way you can keep the chat going.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I like Whisper67's concept of the creation of a true crime forum.
Most every case has several lesser included points of interest, and if they were all grouped in one place, like-with-like comparison would be facilitated.
Like for example from reading that marvelous LA COUNTY HOMICIDE BLOG [www.lacountymurders.com...]
all night a while ago, I (unscientifically) determined that:
The two most likely things that people will say to you before shooting you are:
"Where are you from?" + "Remember me?"...whereas the thing people are most likely to say before getting shot is something like "GO AHEAD AND SHOOT ME"
I think many people would be interested in this type of overview, on ATS...
I think it might become almost more popular than anything...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
how about, Post of the day...

set up some type of system that would choose a post or topic that

was well thought out, received lots of replies and added information

give that person say ahhhhh 10,000 points...

remember, I want more points... I'll need them when
"they" get here.. maybe I can buy my way out of being abducted and probed...

I like this idea...Give someone the ability to gain a good amount of notice and points for the best thread of the day/week/month....

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join