It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gays be allowed to marry?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Tassadar ... sorry but I have to side with James on this

gay relationships are based on lust, not love

The only person who could even dare to make such a statement would be someone who is gay and from what you've posted, you arent. So how could you claim to know what gay relationships are based on? And does this mean that all the gays who are not so goodlooking get left alone forever?

I'm sorry Tassadar but it was an ignorant statement to make.

The truth is that some people have relationships based on lust ... people who aren't gay as well as ones who are.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was just using Jesus has a metaphor sort of thing.
The Bible didn't have any influence on my belief actually.

I was saying everything we know, do, speak, think, say and hear influence our thoughts and judgement choices.

I have made my decision based on what I know. You have made yours. That's basically it.

And no, sorry, I'm not gay.
I can't be sure what the relationships are based on. That's merely what I believe they are based on.
Lust is an overpowering want or craving...

Scenraio-

Let's pretend Jim is gay. Ok, good, Jim is gay. Jim is walking down the street and sees this guy with a nice butt. Jim wants that butt. The butt belongs to a guy named Mark. Mark turn around and sees Jim. Mark thinks
"Damn!! That guy Jim has nice feet! I want them!"

So, Mark and Jim hook up and go to the Mariott. They have such a good time, Mark is lusting for more, he is craving for more. They do not love each other.

Love is a deep (notice the deep part) emotional feeling of devotion between two people (of opposite sex).

Love is productive and benefits people..
Lust for anything or anyone destroys people.
Tassadar

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That doesn't happen with straight people?!

Let's pretend Jim is straight. Ok, good, Jim is straight. Jim is walking down the street and sees this girl with a nice butt. Jim wants that butt. The butt belongs to a girl named Maria. Maria turn around and sees Jim. Maria thinks "Damn!! That guy Jim has nice feet! I want them!"

Please, I'll bet that doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That does happen, but not all hetero sexual relatinoships are based on that.

Every man needs a woman in his life. Not a man.
Every woman needs a man in his life. Not a woman.

While they may be happy togehter, it is a hapiness spawned off of lust, not of love.
True happiness can only be obatained through the fullfillment of one's soul, with another of the other sex.

Here's a little poem a friend told me:

Love is Life,
Life is all,
and all is love.

It's completly true,
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I dunno.Maybe we should ask Bush what HE thinks:

Since he went to University, George W. Bush has reportedly had sexual liasons with a homosexual pal. This ostensibly went on, for example, all during the years Dubya as he is called (his middle initial, pronounced quickly, Texas-style) he supposedly was in the Reserves; and when he was a business partner with Osama bin Laden's older brother, the enterprise being Arbusto Energy; and when Dubya was Texas Governor; and continues as Dubya is the occupant and resident of the Oval Office.
Bush's reputed male sex-mate (Victor Ashe) is the local government head in a sizeable venue (Knoxville, Tn) Some reporters that travel with Bush and report on his sayings and doings, contend the person in question has often traveled with Bush and has repeatedly stayed at Bush's Texas ranch. The Secret Service is puzzled by George W. Bush's reputed male sex-mate. Several times when that person was talking to Bush, that person would start crying hysterically like a woman, apparently beset by some deep dark medical secret threatening his very existence. As the Secret Service and some White House reporters are fully aware, Bush's reputed sex-mate has AIDS. And Bush reportedly has the onset of AIDS in a terminal form not yet fully seen on his face and skin."

If you do the research yourself...You will find...1. GW and Victor Ashe were on the cheerleading squad together at yale. 2. Their relationship was described as "special" 3. Victor was at the ranch with GW while he was on vacation recently. 4. Victor Ashe is a confirmed closet homosexual...5. GW has bestowed many honoraria on Victor 6. Bush has visited Knoxville 8 times in the last year. Also from a source within the mayors office...there is confirmation of most of these facts. and then there is this tidbit

www.baseboard.net...

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
FBI SOUGHT CLAMP ON BUSH STORIES (no joke)
Sherman H. Skolnick, 13.09.2002 22:14

that the FBI/Justice Department be authorized and empowered as to the War Powers, or similar provisions, to forcibly or otherwise stop the publishing and electronic transmission of any stories or pictures relating to George W. Bush in a Skull & Bones Society satanic ritual coffin engaging in homosexual acts with his reputed male sex-mate.

indymedia.org.uk...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah, but Bush didn't marry a guy did he?

At least he's covering it up for the rest of us.

Nasty though,
Bush, gay?

*pukes on monitor*

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Yeah, but Bush didn't marry a guy did he?

At least he's covering it up for the rest of us.

Nasty though,
Bush, gay?

*pukes on monitor*

Tassadar

What he needs to cover is is backdoor!

Bush, the leader of the Repugnant Party.....a HOMO!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sure Colonel thats why he is against gay rights.

Gays lust after their partner there is little or no love at all. All it is for them is lust. They are sinning by lusting for someone and that union will be un-natural.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Those are both very bold statements considering you are not gay. You don't know anything about gay relationships.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I know they are based off lust since it is logical and it is what I belive in. I see more men lusting for men that heteros. I love women not cause of their breasts but because I love them. I don't have a girlfriend right now so I used the term women
. Gays just want to have sex with that man, I don't see much love.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That's a good thing right?
Gay movements aren't like racial rights movements.

Gays are gay.

They will not be accepted into society because of their inability to asssume orthodox relationships.
I'm sorry, protest all you want, dream all you want.

This is America, not Fruitopia.
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yep, that is right. All gays want to do is have sex with men. They have sex with a man and then dump them. How do you know?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't want to know what they do with each other, seeing them kiss is bad enough.

Its hard to explain Chirstian beliefs to a non-believer. They are sinnign since they are sleeping with man. "Man shalt not lie down with man,and women shalt not lie down with women, nor beast" It goes something like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
"O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us - he who seizes your infants and dashes their brains against the rocks." Psalm 137:8

See? The Bible is not the best thing to consult for this kind of discussion.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I don't want to know what they do with each other, seeing them kiss is bad enough.

Its hard to explain Chirstian beliefs to a non-believer. They are sinnign since they are sleeping with man. "Man shalt not lie down with man,and women shalt not lie down with women, nor beast" It goes something like that.

i agree... and i do not remember the which verse it is either..but i have always belived that homosexuality is Wrong

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its a Psalm,Pslams are full of dramtic words. Its drama. And don't think its only the Chirstians and Jews who were barbarians,alot of atheists and nonJews/Chirstians were violent and savage.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There are more verses like that that aren't found in Psalms.

And by the way, I'm not saying all Christians are violent. Anyone has the capacity to be violent.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
does not stop at regular or decaf!!

Anyone should be allowed to express there love in whatever manner they wish as long as it is between to consenting adults, what human has the right to suggest otherwise?

And since there are so many other truly important issues out there to be concerned with who frankly, really cares if they do or don't!!?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
does not stop at regular or decaf!!

Anyone should be allowed to express there love in whatever manner they wish as long as it is between to consenting adults, what human has the right to suggest otherwise?

And since there are so many other truly important issues out there to be concerned with who frankly, really cares if they do or don't!!?

yes i know...people have a right to do it...but it does not mean i have to belive in it

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join