It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Halloween, by the way, Isn't a Christian recognized day. Just because it happens in America doesn't mean its a Christian event.
Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
NO ! They don't have to be allowed !
Otherwise, the next step will be : " Ooooh, look, I'm a zoophile and I would like to marry my dog. Who want to be my witness ? "
And don't forget the childrens. For some of you, it's sound stupid and " retrograde ", but a kid need a mother AND a father. Not 2 fathers or 2 mothers.
Are you all crazy ????
A society need some moral fences, otherwise this society will collapse !
Call me an homophobe if you want, I don't care !
Originally posted by St. Theresa
1) Ok, you're a homophobe.
2) But you're right about moral fences and societal collapse: we need to eradicate your kind of bigotry or society will continue to degenerate.
3) Children need love. It is ideal if they have more than one adult to care for them, only because parenting is a tough job, and like anything, many hands make light work. However, that can't always happen. There are one-parent families and same-sex families who are wonderfully caring and loving. There are hetereosexual parents who should never be allowed near children. (This I know from my own experience.)
4) Andrea Yates' kids didn't benefit much from the religious, mom-at-home lifestyle they "enjoyed."
5) There are too many variables. Your prejudices are not justified, except in your own mind. Your ideology is limiting to children all over the world who need good care.
6) Remember that gay couple in Florida who devoted their lives to foster children, most of whom were sick, some with AIDS? The state considers them ok enough to care for a dying child day and night, while having several other foster children in their care at the same time. That's fine. But can they adopt them? No. They're gay.
7) That might make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but just know, your hatred and discrimination is more disgusting than any "unnatural" act of sex you can imagine.
8) Oh, and another thing. Most sexual abuse against children is committed by straight men, the ones you WOULD allow to marry.
Originally posted by quiet one
a step in the right direction ....
Originally posted by St. Theresa
1)Excuse me, UP, I mistook you for the American, right-wing, Christian homophobe type. But you're a bigot from another land, so I'll explain.
2) They popped out kids, one after another, until there were five. He worked. She stayed at home. ALL THE TIME. She even home-schooled.
God-fearin' and straight as they were, you'd think everything would be fine. But Andrea has a little mental problem, which wasn't helped by giving birth every five minutes. She snapped one day, and drowned each of her children in the bathtub. Chased them down, dragged them into the bathroom and killed them. One by one.
3) Would those kids have been better off with two gay men or two gay women who DID have their wits about them? Yup. Therefore, sexual preference has nothing to do with parenting skills, and kids aren't necessarily better off because they have TWO straight parents.
4) Now, before you get the idea that I'm a lesbian defending my rights, let me tell you I'm straight as an arrow. I have nothing personal at stake in this debate, except, of course, the hope that my children will grow up in a less hateful world.
5) Oh...and as far as "God's Law," etc., did I mention that the Yates' were EXTREMELY religious? It just goes to show that bibles can be more dangerous than anal sex.
6) You don't have to like it, UP. But to make laws based on YOUR point of view is backwards, at best. And spare me the crap about degenerate gay people. Degenerates come in every sexual orientation, and most perverts are straight men. If you REALLY want to get rid of the perverts in society, you'll probably be better off going after the heterosexual pigs, because most of the gay people are minding their own business. If they're protesting, however, it's because they have few rights as people. I'd do the same.
Originally posted by FreeMason
It's alright St. Theresa, I understand why you don't understand the need for a father and mother, that is because your family has no father. And while you may be the most awesome mother in the world, how do you think your kids will raise theirs, knowing only and asshole for a dad that left them? You will not be old enough to ever see the adverse effects, but we all now see the adverse effects, from the minor restrictions removed from society 100 years ago, and 50 years ago.