It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gays be allowed to marry?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't see why they would wont to get married and is there any advantage if they do? I really couldn't give a crap. Everyone should try it before they die. And why won't they? Because of what everyone will think.
We are taught hatred for this from a young age. Its like being taught to hate the blacks for no reason. Mexicans love to eat grasshoppers cooked in oil and salt (yucckk) because they learned it young. Its all in what you get used to.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Should Gay Greys be allowed to marry transexual reptoids and adopt Elton John?

XA
S

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
TORONTO, June 18 � The Canadian prime minister said he will file a bill to permit same-sex marriages, a change that would make Canada only the third country where homosexual couples can legally wed.

Opinion polls indicate a slight majority of Canadians favor legalizing same-sex marriages. After the Ontario appeals court ruling and similar previous ones by courts in British Columbia and Quebec, the government was under pressure to change the law or file appeals that would have left the issue unsettled.

In the United States, homosexual marriage lacks full legal recognition in all 50 states. Vermont recognizes civil unions that give homosexual couples the full benefits and responsibilities of marriage but are separate from legal marriage.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think anyone who isn't gay has a right to say if gays should be allowed to marry or not. Like it's any of a heterosexual's business whatsoever...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yo, stupid, as my u2u seems to be acting up, listen up...pull your head out of your 5th point of contact and be respectful.

[Edited on 20-6-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i'm against it for my religious beliefs but i don;t hate 'em
science even witnesses against gays b/c the objective of all living things is to reproduce so how can gays reproduce naturally without all the test-tube baby stuff

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
should gay's be allowed period.

Tut

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Going by the high rate of divorce, teen pregnancies, unwanted children, and abortion advocates... I'd say heterosexuals have already destroyed the beauty and sanctity of marriage anyway.

Who could possibly argue to keep two people in love from reallizing that love through marriage?

And how about this: Not only should gays be allowed to marry, they should be allowed to raise children. Why? Precisely because they can't reproduce, they will only have children they actually want (ie. through adoption). Which is more than you can say about many heterosexual couples who so willingly lower than pants for anything w/ breasts or fall into bed with the first guy who says "I love you, baby.. really". And of course, that's assuming they're still a 'couple' after the alcohol wears off.

If you want to talk about moral decay, there's a lot more of it going on than the fact the two people who love each other and happen to be the same sex want to get married and raise a loving family.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'LL I GOT TO SAY IS ALL U HOMO'S ARE GONNA GET MURDERD, I'LL HANG ALL U #S AND SHOVE A DILDO IN UR DEAD AZZEZ, U #ING FAGGETS ALL THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEF IN GOD LOOK AT ALL THE PREISTS SEXUAL ABUSSING CHILDEN LOL WTF IS THAT? GOD'S #ING G** AND JESUS TOO, AND WAS JESUS GAY? I DON'T THINK PEOPLE LIKED GAYS! WOULDN'T THAT BE LIKE WITCHES GETTING BURNT WHEN THE TOWN'S PEOPLE FOUND OUT? SO HOW CAN THE BIBIAL SAY GAYS ARE RIGHT? AND THEY SHOULD BE LOVED JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE? WHEN EVERYONE HATED THEM? EVEN THE PEOPLE BACK THEN BELIVED IN GOD ALOT MORE THEN TODAY... I REMBERING HEARING GAYS WERE NEVER TREATY GOOD LOL TORTURE LOL BURN!!! THEY WERE LIKE WICHTES SO PEOPLE SEEING TO GUYS #ING I WOULD THINK THOSE GAY #S WOULD OF GOT SHOT OR SLICED BY A KNIFE BACK THEN BEACAUSE LOOK IT TODAY EVEN AMERICA WON'T REALLY LET GAY MARRAGIES AND WERE FREE !! LOL SO SOMETHING'S #ED UP LOL!!! DIE FAGS DIE!!!!! SUPPORTING GAYS WTF IS THAT? PUSSY IN MY FACE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE T.H.U.G N.A.T.I.O.N FOREVER

[Edited on 9/11/02 by ARIES]

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yes! Why not? Is it a crime to have homosexual people be married couples? Why is everyone so uptight about it? Who really cares.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
As all the reasons against this posted I share some agreement to, (EXCEPT ARIES!!!) I believe the push for Homosexual marriage is more about political/monetary reasons than love or child rearing as some think. In my city there has been debate for two years on spousal benefits for gay couples-the rub being, singles can not get the same job related benes that marrieds can enjoy. I know there are gay couples who yearn for the legitamacy of "married life and recognition",but this will never be accepted universally as long as there is any Christian/moral ethic still involved-no flame, just a fact I think.
I do not think it is a good 'idea' on the face of it as it adds no redeeming quality to our culture. IMHO

[Edited on 29-6-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
According to the New Revised Edition Webster's Dictionary Of The English Language, the definition of the word "marry" (verb tense), is to "join as husband and wife." The suffix variations include "-ried," and "-riage." The implications of these suffixes are past tense and present tense, respectively.

With the definition of the word "marry" being stated, I would like to interject my opinion on the subject of this thread. First of all, I do not believe that same-sex marriages should be allowed because it is a blatant disregard for the nature of mankind. In other words, it goes "against the grain" for the laws of nature. Men and women were created so that they would propagate. This simply cannot happen in same-sex relationships.

Normally, I do not post my opinions on too many "controversial" topics, however, I am compelled to post my views concerning this particular one.

To me, the answer is simplistic and straightforward: God created Adam and Eve...not Adam and Steve...

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARIES
I'LL I GOT TO SAY IS ALL U HOMO'S ARE GONNA GET MURDERD, I'LL HANG ALL U #S AND SHOVE A DILDO IN UR DEAD AZZEZ, U #ING FAGGETS ALL THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEF IN GOD LOOK AT ALL THE PREISTS SEXUAL ABUSSING CHILDEN LOL WTF IS THAT? GOD'S #ING G** AND JESUS TOO, AND WAS JESUS GAY? I DON'T THINK PEOPLE LIKED GAYS! WOULDN'T THAT BE LIKE WITCHES GETTING BURNT WHEN THE TOWN'S PEOPLE FOUND OUT? SO HOW CAN THE BIBIAL SAY GAYS ARE RIGHT? AND THEY SHOULD BE LOVED JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE? WHEN EVERYONE HATED THEM? EVEN THE PEOPLE BACK THEN BELIVED IN GOD ALOT MORE THEN TODAY... I REMBERING HEARING GAYS WERE NEVER TREATY GOOD LOL TORTURE LOL BURN!!! THEY WERE LIKE WICHTES SO PEOPLE SEEING TO GUYS #ING I WOULD THINK THOSE GAY #S WOULD OF GOT SHOT OR SLICED BY A KNIFE BACK THEN BEACAUSE LOOK IT TODAY EVEN AMERICA WON'T REALLY LET GAY MARRAGIES AND WERE FREE !! LOL SO SOMETHING'S #ED UP LOL!!! DIE FAGS DIE!!!!! SUPPORTING GAYS WTF IS THAT? PUSSY IN MY FACE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE T.H.U.G N.A.T.I.O.N FOREVER

[Edited on 9/11/02 by ARIES]

Not a very nice thing to say is it?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
well i want to see gay marriges legalized, but not right now. the gay community needs to realize that "separate but equal" does not apply to them. there are some gays who have open relationships, bring in a 3rd party, have sadomasochistic master/ slave relationships, some have group relationships with 3 or more people, some gay men bring in a lesbian couple for the purpose of having children. and if you have ever attended a gay pride or watched "queer as folk" you can see it. i don't care if you a gay or straigh relationships like that are not NORMAL.

marrige is about monogamy, two people becoming one for the purpose of serving god and possibly raising a family, during a life long commitment. i do not thing the gay community is ready for that.

i do want to see gay marrige legal, but if gays are going to marry, they need to understand that the same vows and expectations held to two married straight people applies to gays as well, they CANNOT redifine marrige to fit their life style.

gays need to relize that morals and values of how a NORMAL person behaves is not limited to your typical hetrosexual christian. gays need to embrace morals and values, become positive role modles for gay youth and children if that is something they want. but as long as queer as folk reflects the gay lifestyle... marrige should be totally out of the question, do you want Mr and Mrs Leather Man with their whips n chains n various orgies pushing around a stroller with a set of twins???

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Alright, leaving out stupidity, religon, ignorance, and myths, why shouldn't gays/leasbians be allowed to marry?

Got a freind who loves her g/f, they already live with each other, the only thing keeping them from marrying is the fact that the state doesn't allow it. They been together for over five years. Then you get hetero couples, one week they with this person, next week they with that one, then the next week they with this person.

How many gays/lesbians contribute to the teen pregnancy problem? The overpopulation problem? The child abuse problem? NONE! Why? Because, they don't go to bars, get drunk, wake up next morning pregnant. Don't drink a 12 pack, go home, beat their wife, two kids, then the dog. When was the last time you heard of "Beaten Wife Syndrome"(BWS) happening amongst gays/lesbians?

And again, I have never seen a gay couple going around flying on rainbows spreading gayness and sensitivity to all the men and women they meet just because they married. So, why not? Rather have a gay couple that love each other then a hetero couple where the guy is pissed at the wife the whole time because she forgot to use the pill and got knocked up and ruined his life with the little b@$t@rd kid that won't stop crying so he goes out and drinks and....... you get the drift.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The marriage of people is all about love. However, gay relationships are based on lust, not love. How can lust ever spawn love? If more people were gay, the progression of society would come to a standstill. Gays say they don't want to make more people gay, but how will they "make love to you" if they're not gay. Lust for one, love for none...?
-Tass

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why do republicans care so much if gays marry or not. Why are they always in the business of others?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Tassadar? Didn't I just ask for people to leave out stupidity, religon, ignorance, and myths? You obviously can't read very well. Must have "blindess spottess tois whates noteius wantis tois reades" syndrome.

Anyways, you have no proof it is just lust.

Besides isn't their more hetero lust then gay lust? How many straight guys lust for Pamela Anderson? Briteny Spears? So forth? How many straight women lust for Ricky Martin? Tony Hawk? Me?(
)

Also, saying gays abuse children, so shouldn't be allowed to adopt. One question, how many heteros abuse children? Haven't you ever noticed for about every one report of a gay abusing a child their are about 50 straight ones doing the same? Well, until the catholic church, which you base your god hates gays stuff on, were very few gays molesting children.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You sounded pretty angry James...

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Tassadar? Didn't I just ask for people to leave out stupidity, religon, ignorance, and myths?

Well, yes, you did ask; and out of the courtesy of a civil discussion, I did notice and accept your statement in case you didn't read. I never made any reference to relgion, mythology, or cultural and traditional iedas.
If you really want to go down that path *Tass sits down in La-z-boy and gets ready for a long talk*, alright.
If you disregard religion, spiritualism, and philosophical influences, you might as well leave behing your cultural background, and your life for that matter.

The only way you can rightly judge,(judge, not direct), any issue, is if you fall back on your beliefs and present them. That is our life. For me, not only is Jesus Christ the way to eternal life in heaven, but he also is my life. Jesus is the most influencial person/figure/ideal (whatever you want to call him) in my life.
While I have given my postion on this topic, negative, I judged and made my own decision based on my experience in life, my beliefs, and my hopes and ambitions. You can only ask this of people. You cannt expect them to change their beliefs and judgements based on your irrational statements, believe me, I learned.

Tassadar

Didn't see that Colonel, I'm not a Republican, I'm an American, we've been over this a couple of times.
Stop trying to pin every thing on the conservatives.

[Edited on 1-8-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Why does your belief in Jesus sway your views into thinking that gays don't have a right to marry?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join